Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/6/2014 11:55:39 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Jameis Winston is my new favorite college player. I'm in awe of him and his testimony.

Bandwagoner....

I'll take it.. I wasn't completely sold on the complete package until his post game interview.. almost brought tears.

Kinda sold me in that interview too
I wasn't liking the pre-game attitude he was swingin around, but that post-game interview with Rinaldi pretty much covered everything.
Pretty easy for him to crow, but he spent the time talking about his coach and the TEAM he's proud to be leading.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1151
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 7:42:14 AM   
John Childress

I love the fact that he faced tremendous adversity in the game and bounced back with a solid 2nd half and a great championship winning drive

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1152
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 7:45:06 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Auburn deserves a lot of credit for keeping Kelvin Benjamin in check until the end of the game. I'm not sure how they did that. They have not been known for being a great defensive team, but they seemed to be fast and aggressive on defense and Florida State needed time to adjust to the speed of the game. One adjustment was to get rid of the ball quicker on the passes. I missed the second half, but recorded it. I'm not sure how the Seminoles were able to slow down the high flying Auburn offense. I would appreciate it someone can bring me up to speed about that. I know that Florida State has an elite defense and they must have done a number on Auburn in the second half.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1153
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 7:59:09 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

I love the fact that he faced tremendous adversity in the game and bounced back with a solid 2nd half and a great championship winning drive

Arguably his worst game of the season. Awful first half, and it wasn't all due to the AU defense. Winston looked like Freeman in the first half, he was clearly off his game. He didn't fold or press. Hung in there and played his game. Came through when it mattered most.
Post #: 1154
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 8:10:41 AM   
John Childress

This game was like NC State-Houston but this time the giant pulled it out in the end

Auburn completely outcoached FSU

Auburn came out ready to kick ass and FSU thought they already had the game won

Jimbo and Winston both showed a lot of character with that comeback

But that Mason guy is a BEAST!

Post #: 1155
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 8:23:28 AM   
JT2

quote:

This game was like NC State-Houston but this time the giant pulled it out in the end

Agree.

FSU went away from the run a little too much in the first half. Fisher made good adjustments.
Post #: 1156
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 8:36:02 AM   
John Childress

Great point

The drive before half that got them back in the game was 7 rushes, 4 passes

Jimbo didn't wait until after half, he actually made in-game adjustments!!1

Post #: 1157
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 8:41:19 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Jameis Winston is my new favorite college player. I'm in awe of him and his testimony.

Bandwagoner....

I'll take it.. I wasn't completely sold on the complete package until his post game interview.. almost brought tears.

Kinda sold me in that interview too
I wasn't liking the pre-game attitude he was swingin around, but that post-game interview with Rinaldi pretty much covered everything.
Pretty easy for him to crow, but he spent the time talking about his coach and the TEAM he's proud to be leading.

He did this before the Miami game as well. Soured me on him and one has to question his maturity.

I fell asleep before his post game presser

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1158
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 8:49:30 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

Great point

The drive before half that got them back in the game was 7 rushes, 4 passes

Jimbo didn't wait until after half, he actually made in-game adjustments!!1

Two of those rushes were crucial. One was a fake punt that converted the first down. The other was the quarterback avoiding the sack and running down the sidelines for a long gainer. (on third and long)

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 1/7/2014 10:29:11 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1159
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 9:12:41 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

Agree.

FSU went away from the run a little too much in the first half. Fisher made good adjustments.

I said there was no way they'd drive down and score a TD - except for the one play I most prob would of been right
Post #: 1160
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 9:23:20 AM   
John Childress

FSU learned a big lesson in that game - every day you lace them up you have to bring it!

Another top team isn't laying down for you

Post #: 1161
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 9:42:45 AM   
Bill Jandro

Auburn left too much time on the clock after their last scor 1:19

FSU marched right down and scored

Post #: 1162
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 10:07:14 AM   
John Childress

THE LEGEND CONTINUES...

“Auburn might be a team of destiny, but tonight, Florida State is deeper from top to bottom,” Tebow said, via CBS New York. “(With) Jameis Winston and Telvin Smith’s leadership in the fourth quarter, I think they win 35-31.”

Post #: 1163
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 10:41:33 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

My immediate rx was "he should of took a knee at the 1" Not sure I felt like I meant it when I said it but in retrospect it couldn't of ended up worse.
Post #: 1164
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 10:49:16 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

My immediate rx was "he should of took a knee at the 1" Not sure I felt like I meant it when I said it but in retrospect it couldn't of ended up worse.

Can't remember but I think Aub was only down by 2 so had Mason took a knee they could have milked the clock down and made a chip shot FG to win it. Not sure how many TO's FSU still had thou

Post #: 1165
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 11:05:03 AM   
John Childress

quote:

Before the final drive, Winston had gone 14-for-28 for 160 yards and a touchdown. On the final drive, Winston went 6-for-7 for 77 yards.

"I wanted to be in that situation because that's what great quarterbacks do," Winston said. "That's what the Tom Bradys, Peyton Mannings, Drew Breeses, the Cam Newtons, that's what they do. Any quarterback can go out there and perform when they're up 50-0 in the second quarter."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls13/story/_/id/10256152/jameis-winston-leads-florida-state-title-night

To think, instead of here on this stage he could have been in prison

I tell my son all the time you have to THINK about what you are doing before you do it. Life can turn in a bad way real quick with one poor decision.

Post #: 1166
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 11:14:12 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Before the final drive, Winston had gone 14-for-28 for 160 yards and a touchdown. On the final drive, Winston went 6-for-7 for 77 yards.

"I wanted to be in that situation because that's what great quarterbacks do," Winston said. "That's what the Tom Bradys, Peyton Mannings, Drew Breeses, the Cam Newtons, that's what they do. Any quarterback can go out there and perform when they're up 50-0 in the second quarter."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls13/story/_/id/10256152/jameis-winston-leads-florida-state-title-night

I tell my son all the time you have to THINK about what you are doing before you do it. Life can turn in a bad way real quick with one poor decision.

Good point about the prison issue

I hope Winston learned his lesson on that rape scare. I think these young athletes get so much hero worship they think they are entitled and forget where lines are drawn.

Kid looks to be one hell of a good qb. Hope he is more mature than how he acts in pregame

Post #: 1167
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 11:14:17 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

THE LEGEND CONTINUES...

“Auburn might be a team of destiny, but tonight, Florida State is deeper from top to bottom,” Tebow said, via CBS New York. “(With) Jameis Winston and Telvin Smith’s leadership in the fourth quarter, I think they win 35-31.”

Must have got the score from the 'Big QB" in the sky.
Post #: 1168
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 11:15:50 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Can't remember but I think Aub was only down by 2 so had Mason took a knee they could have milked the clock down and made a chip shot FG to win it. Not sure how many TO's FSU still had thou

Down 3.
Post #: 1169
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 11:20:18 AM   
John Childress

There are situations where it makes sense to stop at the 1, like Brian Westbrook did a few years back, that was not one of them.

If they were down by only 2, yes, you stop. But down 3 means a TD puts you up by 4 and FSU has to drive the entire field in under 2 minutes. That is a better bet than playing for a possible OT or even being certain that you can score the TD on later downs. Maybe he could have done a Desean Jackson and run along outside the goal line until a FSU player came near then step over? That would be comical.

The Auburn QB missed a play or two early that might have put the game away

Post #: 1170
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 11:23:35 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hope Winston learned his lesson on that rape scare. I think these young athletes get so much hero worship they think they are entitled and forget where lines are drawn.

Kid looks to be one hell of a good qb. Hope he is more mature than how he acts in pregame

Don't understand this point of view. He's young, very good, confident and playing for the best team in the nation. I want him to be excited, animated and a little cocky. Every FSU player and coach that I have seen interviewed, speak about his work ethic, leadership and how humble he is.

Guys do all sorts of things before games to get pumped up. Ask Thomas Henderson.
Post #: 1171
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 11:29:02 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't understand this point of view. He's young, very good, confident and playing for the best team in the nation. I want him to be excited, animated and a little cocky. Every FSU player and coach that I have seen interviewed, speak about his work ethic, leadership and how humble he is.

Guys do all sorts of things before games to get pumped up. Ask Thomas Henderson.

I think that was the coke working.

But, yeah, nothing wrong with getting pumped up for a game.
Post #: 1172
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 3:15:28 PM   
Ricky J

Sports Illustrated ‏@SInow 29m
Texas booster Red McCombs speaks out against Charlie Strong's hiring http://on.si.com/1koBKnM

Jackass!
Post #: 1173
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 8:35:13 PM   
Knute

Dang...

Let's go best defensive player at #8. Grab McCarron or the booger eater in the second round.
Start Ponder next season so that we can suck and get Winston in 2015.

Our chances of finally having a stud QB would exponentially rise.
Post #: 1174
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 9:06:06 PM   
marty

If the Vikes can't get Johnny Football nor Teddy Bridgewater, then instead of 'suck for Luck', it should be:

LOSE a TON, draft WINsTON !

Having WIN is kind of nice thing. He plays well, passes well. I wonder if he'll struggle a little bit next year losing his favorite WR, and maybe other pieces. It's hard to repeat and things may not go as well for him next year. Maybe the Vikes won't have to have the 1st pick in the draft to get him next year ?
Post #: 1175
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode