Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/7/2014 9:50:40 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Whoever the new coach is, when he arrives here he will be motivated to win. That's the way it works.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1176
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 10:47:20 AM   
McMurfy

What I saw in Winston was really slow feet, and really small hands.
When he held that Crystal Football they looked like Gary Coleman Hands.

I don't know what they measure but look at the clip.
I see a lot of Pep in Winston, small hands, close to being fat,not particularly bright, and kind of slow to get going.

Not the type of QB to wait around for or even talk about tanking games for.

< Message edited by McMurfy -- 1/8/2014 11:08:37 AM >

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1177
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 11:12:29 AM   
69in09

IMO; Anyone who even has a real thought about tanking the season especially before it even starts, doesn't understand athletics.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 1178
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 11:16:43 AM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

IMO; Anyone who even has a real thought about tanking the season especially before it even starts, doesn't understand athletics.

Yep.

Although, sucking for Luck obviously would have worked out well.
There's no way to keep a whistleblower from whistling, and it would turn the league on it's ear and guys would be banned for life.

I'm on the record as saying Winston won't be as good as Luck, Newton and Wilson.

Post #: 1179
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 12:44:13 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Suprised to hear this on ESPN today. They said one teams personel dept rated Maziel the #1 QB. I wonder if the pros are a little "meh" on Bridge? Competition will be his big question mark but the games I saw him in, he looked really polished.
Post #: 1180
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 12:50:14 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Suprised to hear this on ESPN today. They said one teams personel dept rated Maziel the #1 QB. I wonder if the pros are a little "meh" on Bridge? Competition will be his big question mark but the games I saw him in, he looked really polished.

And.....let the pre-draft bullshitting begin!

What you hear about any prospective draft pick coming out of any front office should be regarded as worthless, and straight up, top of the line, optimum quality bullshit.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1181
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 2:38:32 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Manziel has benefited from having elite LT's each of the past two seasons. He sure was good, though. He had this uncanny awareness and sense on how to elude tacklers. I was thinking the same that he reminded me of Tarkenton.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1182
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 5:03:17 PM  1 votes
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

I see a lot of Pep in Winston, small hands, close to being fat,not particularly bright, and kind of slow to get going.

Not particularly bright describes you a lot better

Damn, they really let some dumbasses post here

Oh well, that is what they make IP for

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1183
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 5:04:48 PM   
John Childress

Taking a 2nd tier QB like McCarron will set this team back 3-4 years

It puts in purgatory

You win some games, make the playoffs, but never have a real shot at the championship

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1184
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 6:07:28 PM   
Manziels arm strength improved immensely in just one offseason.

Don't know if it means he is gonna be a stud, but he was incredibly accurate in just about every game I saw him play in except the LSU game. Not some I EVER saw from Ponder- EVER.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1185
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 6:08:39 PM   
quote:

Music to my ears, just keep falling to #8...

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1186
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 6:33:20 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

You mad Bro?

Post #: 1187
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 6:55:00 PM   
Bill Jandro

Manziel vastly improved from last year which does indicate he has a chance to be special.

I still believe there will be a qb in rd 2 that will be good (similiar to a Kaepernick). I liked what I saw from Taj Boyd. Our brain trust needs to scout all these qbs relentlessly to find the one guy that can be elite.

Trading up is an option if Bridgewater is determined to be can't miss. Otherwise you take the best defensive player at 8 and get Boyd/Murray whichever one has the intangibles to be great

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1188
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 7:36:17 PM   
Ian, you may have been wayyyyy off on the Texans QB situation, but you may be right on with the steelers QB situation.

Steelers President Art Rooney Jr. Just said that he won't guarantee that Ben Roethlisberger will finish his contract as a Steeer which ends at the end of next season.

Sorry guys, Big Ben would be the best available QB available (If indeed he is available?) and prolly the best QB not named Favre since Tark....

Post #: 1189
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 7:37:16 PM   
Wrong thread sorry guys...

Post #: 1190
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 7:42:39 PM   
marty

Winston looks like a very accurate thrower, and seems to be clutch, and Ian thinks he'll be good. I agree it's too early to think about losing for Winston, but midseason next year might be the time.
Post #: 1191
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 7:49:04 PM   
marty

Houston might take Manziel with the #1 pick.

Midseason someone was trying to tell me some nonsense about Manziel dropping to late 1st or even the 2nd round. I was willing to bet at the time that he would be in the top 10, and haven't heard a peep from those that thought that.

Manziel has hired the same PR guy as LeBron, and I think that will help his stock. I now believe Manziel will be chosen in the top 5. I hope the Vikes trade up to #3 for Manziel if he is isn't take with one of the 1st 2 picks. Nothing can change around a team more than a franchise QB, and I think Manziel is exactly that.

For Manziel to fall to 8, it might take some off field trouble, or maybe someone can send him some marijuana, or spread a rumor around, to help him take a Warren Sapp type slide.
Post #: 1192
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 8:28:34 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Houston might take Manziel with the #1 pick.

Midseason someone was trying to tell me some nonsense about Manziel dropping to late 1st or even the 2nd round. I was willing to bet at the time that he would be in the top 10, and haven't heard a peep from those that thought that.

Manziel has hired the same PR guy as LeBron, and I think that will help his stock. I now believe Manziel will be chosen in the top 5. I hope the Vikes trade up to #3 for Manziel if he is isn't take with one of the 1st 2 picks. Nothing can change around a team more than a franchise QB, and I think Manziel is exactly that.

For Manziel to fall to 8, it might take some off field trouble, or maybe someone can send him some marijuana, or spread a rumor around, to help him take a Warren Sapp type slide.

A couple days ago somebody said he would fall to the 3rd round. I hope we have the option of getting him at 8.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1193
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 8:33:45 PM   
Todd M

Worry about these guys with such a wide range of projected landing spots.

When I see; top 10, no bottom of the 1st, not 3rd or 4th round...

I see another Tebow.
Post #: 1194
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 9:09:11 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

You mad Bro?

Post #: 1195
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 9:47:33 PM   
Don T in CO

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

And.....let the pre-draft bullshitting begin!

What you hear about any prospective draft pick coming out of any front office should be regarded as worthless, and straight up, top of the line, optimum quality bullshit.

Yep, I've even read that HOU may consider Bortles at #1 overall because of some infatuation that O'Brien has with him.

What I do think will happen is that Bridgewater and Manziel will be both go in the top 5 (a lot of QB needy teams, and reading CLV may want Manziel), and where Carr and Bortles fall is anybody's guess.
Post #: 1196
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 9:50:23 PM   
SoMnFan

It just dawned on me ... most of the teams near the top of the draft, seem to have desperate QB needs.
Hmmmmmm.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1197
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 10:02:40 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I see another Tebow.

Does anybody without an agenda really think Manziel will go in the 3rd round? All I see is top 10 predictions.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1198
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 11:01:50 PM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Ian, you may have been wayyyyy off on the Texans QB situation, but you may be right on with the steelers QB situation.

Steelers President Art Rooney Jr. Just said that he won't guarantee that Ben Roethlisberger will finish his contract as a Steeer which ends at the end of next season.

Sorry guys, Big Ben would be the best available QB available (If indeed he is available?) and prolly the best QB not named Favre since Tark....

Oddly, ESPN is reporting the opposite, that they want to extend his deal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10264047/pittsburgh-steelers-hope-extend-ben-roethlisberger-contract

< Message edited by 69in09 -- 1/8/2014 11:02:52 PM >

This is my burner account.
Post #: 1199
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 1/8/2014 11:09:02 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I see another Tebow.

Does anybody without an agenda really think Manziel will go in the 3rd round? All I see is top 10 predictions.

If he measures 5'10 he might.

Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode