Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 8:58:45 PM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

Notre Dame is a joke and will get exposed as always eventually. I don't think Baylor/Oklahoma/Michigan State are all that either. I honestly think the 5 best teams might all be in the SEC this year. But FSU will get a lot better during the year, as usual.

No way are 5 SEC teams better than FSU, Oregon, and Baylor

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1476
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 9:27:23 PM   
djskillz

I think the 5 are better than Oregon/Baylor. And I think right now all of those 5 would beat FSU. But I think that will not be the case in a month or so.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 1477
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/6/2014 1:51:58 PM   
Ricky J

Go Hawks!
Post #: 1478
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/10/2014 8:10:36 PM   
djskillz

Good thing we hopefully have our QBOTF, because I want no part of Jameis Winston. Really awful stuff. Hope someone can step up and beat FSU so we don't have to watch them in the playoffs.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 1479
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 8:31:16 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Some really good games to watch today. It would be a really good day for me to call in sick. The Gophers/ Northwestern game could be a pivotal game. Oregon vs. UCLA could be the best game that nobody is talking about.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1480
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 8:54:43 AM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

I think the 5 are better than Oregon/Baylor. And I think right now all of those 5 would beat FSU. But I think that will not be the case in a month or so.

Do you have stock in the SEC?

Post #: 1481
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 8:59:56 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I would like to buy some of that SEC stock. I agree that five teams may be better than Florida State. They do not seem to be the same team as last year. In particular, they seem to miss Kelvin Benjamin. They also had six other players who were drafted last May.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=F&collegeName=Florida+State&abbrFlag=0&type=school

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 10/11/2014 9:05:05 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1482
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 9:09:39 AM   
John Childress

Benjamin was a huge loss

However, the defense has dropped off even more than the offense

I would make any bet you want that 5 teams could not beat FSU or Oregon

But of course we will never know unless FSU or Oregon beat a top team from the SEC in the playoffs

The SEC is greatly overrated this year

In fact, I think all of college football is down this year. I have watched FSU, Alabama, Oregon, Auburn, etc. and I think that 3 or 4 teams from last year would beat ANY team this year

no real super powers this year

Post #: 1483
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 9:26:26 AM   
djskillz

Oregon? Apologies to the Oregon guys on the board, but they may not even be the best team in the Pac12 this year. They could have easily lost that game to WSU and they may lose today to UCLA. I definitely think those 5 are better. And I'm not an SEC guy at all; I just respect what they've built as a conference. I think Baylor may be the best non-SEC team this year, at least right now.

FSU is just not a very good team right now but I do expect that to change. It's too bad their entire schedule is filled with cupcakes because then we could tell if they're good or not before the playoffs.

I wonder if they may now lose a game anyway with the rape coverup swirling over them all season. Remember, they only had to deal with that for a few games last year. I loved Winston before; now, not so much.

I do agree with you about last year's teams vs. this year.

Post #: 1484
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 9:34:29 AM   
John Childress

Even the top SEC teams are not nearly as good as last year.

Also, I find McCarron's comments funny

They sure shut him down when he dared to criticze Saban

Post #: 1485
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 9:46:12 AM   
djskillz

I agree those teams aren't as good this year either, but I still think they're better than the others.

McCarron was partly right. But Fran Tarkenton was dead on too; McCarron should shut up and thank Saban for having a career at all.

From everything I've heard McCarron is a grade A prick. This latest thing does nothing to refute that.

Post #: 1486
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 10:13:12 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I think that teams improve over the course of the season. In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if the teams this year prove to be as good as last year. It does seem to me that there are more quality teams and more quality conferences than in the past. The NFL is drafting players from teams all over.

Post #: 1487
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 12:34:11 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I think that teams improve over the course of the season. In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if the teams this year prove to be as good as last year. It does seem to me that there are more quality teams and more quality conferences than in the past. The NFL is drafting players from teams all over.

Very valid point. There is turnover from players leaving and younger guys have to step in and learn on the fly. In college their practice time is much more limited than the NFL.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1488
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 3:52:46 PM   
djskillz

I'm certainly not a Texas guy, but I believe in Charlie Strong. The Longhorns will be back in 1-2 years. It takes time to change the culture.

Post #: 1489
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 4:28:22 PM   
John Childress

quote:

I don't agree

I don't see a single team in the SEC as good as Auburn or Bama were at this same point last year

Certainly FSU is not nearly as good as last year and neither is Oregon

Sometimes you just have down years

This is a down year

When have you seen so many top ranked teams lose so early?

Post #: 1490
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 4:31:32 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

I don't agree

I don't see a single team in the SEC as good as Auburn or Bama were at this same point last year

Certainly FSU is not nearly as good as last year and neither is Oregon

Sometimes you just have down years

This is a down year

When have you seen so many top ranked teams lose so early?

I hear ya, JC, but to me a lot of that is:

1) Schedule. More big games early this year.
2) Depth. There's more depth in the "top" teams this year. The SEC, for example, is deeper than it's ever been. MSU/Ole Miss have never been in the national title conversation. It's early, but both are this year.

Post #: 1491
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 5:06:40 PM   
John Childress

Love seeing Miss St making hay

Post #: 1492
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 5:11:05 PM   
djskillz

Oregon showed up to play today and Helfricht saved his job. Congrats Murf.

Post #: 1493
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 6:16:27 PM   
John Childress

Alabama looking a little sluggish

Post #: 1494
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 6:17:34 PM   
djskillz

ND and MiSU both survive upsets. Would have loved to see both go down.

Post #: 1495
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 6:54:38 PM   
djskillz

TCU completely collapses. You still have to have a running game to end a game.

58-58? The Big 12 still sucks. Refs also clearly want to give their conference a chance at having a playoff team also. Baylor's stadium is badass though.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 10/11/2014 6:57:14 PM >

Post #: 1496
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 8:02:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Right now Mississippi State looks like the best team in the country. I'm sorry I missed their game, today, though.

Post #: 1497
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/11/2014 8:45:34 PM   
JT2

quote:

Right now Mississippi State looks like the best team in the country. I'm sorry I missed their game, today, though.

You can certainly make that argument right now. They have already been tested, and passed. A couple more big tests coming up. They have to go to Tuscaloosa next month, and this years Egg Bowl may be one of the best games of the year. If "Good Bo" shows up for that one, that will be a great game.
Post #: 1498
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/12/2014 9:30:04 AM   
DavidAOlson

Long article on the Jameis Winston rape allegations, and the hash FSU made of the investigation.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-florida-state-tallahassee-police-hindered-investigation-documents-101014?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:foxsports

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1499
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/12/2014 11:14:57 AM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

Long article on the Jameis Winston rape allegations, and the hash FSU made of the investigation.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-florida-state-tallahassee-police-hindered-investigation-documents-101014?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:foxsports

This is what I was referring to yesterday. Sickening. Hard to believe nothing happened here, with this level of coverup. Reminds me a lot of the Roethlisberger coverup. Can't believe that has gotten completely glossed over over time. Just like Ray Lewis. Just keep printing money, football.

Post #: 1500
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode