Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/2/2014 3:26:36 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

An NFL scout recently told Coach Pelini that Ameer Abdullah was as good a running back as he's seen the last 5 years.

I think we'll see a bit of the return of RB in the 1st round of the draft this year.

Abdullah and Gordon look like legit NFL homerun threats.

I love Gurly, but I see him as an Eddie Lacy type. I think his lack of speed makes him a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Will be interesting to see where Foster goes, he's got LeSean McCoy type skills.

I disagree. Gurley has fantastic hands and already knows how to protect the QB. I would not be surprised if he clocks a sub 4.5 40 at the combine. I think he will be the best Pro RB of this upcoming draft. He kind of reminds me of a stronger version of DeMarco Murray.
Post #: 1451
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/2/2014 3:36:01 PM   
Andy Lowe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

An NFL scout recently told Coach Pelini that Ameer Abdullah was as good a running back as he's seen the last 5 years.

I think we'll see a bit of the return of RB in the 1st round of the draft this year.

Abdullah and Gordon look like legit NFL homerun threats.

I love Gurly, but I see him as an Eddie Lacy type. I think his lack of speed makes him a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Will be interesting to see where Foster goes, he's got LeSean McCoy type skills.

I disagree. Gurley has fantastic hands and already knows how to protect the QB. I would not be surprised if he clocks a sub 4.5 40 at the combine. I think he will be the best Pro RB of this upcoming draft. He kind of reminds me of a stronger version of DeMarco Murray.

You could be right
Post #: 1452
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/3/2014 2:08:37 AM   
McMurfy

UGH

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1453
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/3/2014 9:41:31 AM   
bohumm

I'm sure Nike has designed 68 different boo hoo hankies for Oregon to cry into. Seriously, there's NOTHING they can think of the students/staff could use more than the 104th iteration of the football team's uniform? Of course, the incremental cost of the child labor and leveraged materials required probably wouldn't buy a grad student a cup of noodles, so ffuck it, bring on 105.
Post #: 1454
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/3/2014 9:43:12 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

I'm sure Nike has designed 68 different boo hoo hankies for Oregon to cry into. Seriously, there's NOTHING they can think of the students/staff could use more than the 104th iteration of the football team's uniform? Of course, the incremental cost of the child labor and leveraged materials required probably wouldn't buy a grad student a cup of noodles, so ffuck it, bring on 105.

Oregon, as always, is soft! Just like my Huskers are. Michigan St will probably destroy them this week since its a big game and all.
Post #: 1455
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 12:42:47 PM   
djskillz

Dan Mullen can really coach. That is all.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 1456
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 4:14:34 PM   
djskillz

Well, the state of Mississippi still had to be pretty happy taking 1 of 2 from what are likely the best 2 teams in the country. Though those 2 are right in the conversation for 3rd and 4th best. Florida State is not very good right now, though I expect that to change as the year goes on.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 1457
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 6:18:26 PM   
djskillz

2 for 2. They play that game 100 times and Ole Miss "maybe" wins 10 of them. But that's what makes sports great.

What a day of college football.

Post #: 1458
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 6:21:36 PM   
John Childress

Always a good day when Bama loses

Now if TCU can hold off OK I will be in college football heaven today

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1459
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 6:25:24 PM   
djskillz

Bama will probably still play for the NC in the end. And probably should. Will be interesting to see the season unfold. Quite possibly the best 5 teams or so this year are all in the SEC. Though again, I expect FSU to get a lot better as the year goes on.

Post #: 1460
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 6:35:58 PM   
John Childress

Florida State loses to Auburn in a rematch

Post #: 1461
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 6:39:45 PM   
djskillz

Quite possible, JC, though Auburn has a gauntlet to get through. Florida State has all cupcakes while Auburn has:

@Mississippi State
South Carolina
@Ole Miss
Texas A&M
@Georgia
@Alabama

I'll be shocked if they make it through that.

At least a playoff era has begun. Within a few years we'll be at 8 teams, maybe up to 16.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 10/4/2014 6:40:59 PM >

Post #: 1462
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 7:35:57 PM   
John Childress

Good point about the schedule

I think Auburn is the best in the country

Post #: 1463
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 7:38:15 PM   
djskillz

True. I think we'll see them and Bama both in the playoffs. But there's a whole lot left to decide with their respective schedules. The SEC is just impossible to come out of unscathed these days. It's better than ever.

Post #: 1464
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 8:25:11 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

The cowhering Pelinis show once again why they will never win a big game. It hasn't happened in all the years he's been there yet the Nebraska AD keeps this guy around.

Michigan St has given Nebraska all kinds of chances and they still haven't even scored a point! Nebraska fans should be embarrassed by this clown.
Post #: 1465
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/4/2014 8:36:56 PM   
djskillz

I really can't see a Big10/Pac12 team making it at this point. You gotta figure it will be FSU (if they don't screw up), Baylor (ditto), and whatever 2 make it out of the SEC schedule.

Post #: 1466
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 12:02:04 AM   
McMurfy

Just stop Dustin.
It's week 5

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1467
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 4:21:46 AM   
JT2

UCLA, Stanford, USC and Oregon are all very good teams, but you really can;t afford to lose conference games. Michigan St will get back in the picture. Auburn can lose a game and still be in the fold.
Hell, Nick Marshall is as good as any college QB in the country. Different skill set than what NFL scouts are looking for, but he might be the best QB in the nation.

The Bruins, and lil Mora lost focus. Now the Oregon game has no National importance for either team.

FL St. has not reached their peak, but they have a practice schedule moving forward. Less Williams and more Pender, and they will be hard to beat.

Georgia might be the best team in the SEC.
Post #: 1468
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 7:16:56 AM   
John Childress

Funny how you like a school because of a certain player and then still like them decades later.

For me, it is Auburn thanks to Bo!

Post #: 1469
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 7:30:54 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

I really can't see a Big10/Pac12 team making it at this point. You gotta figure it will be FSU (if they don't screw up), Baylor (ditto), and whatever 2 make it out of the SEC schedule.

I can't see Mich St not making it to this round robin.

I think they could have shut out the Vikings last thurs night.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1470
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 9:39:31 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

I can't see Mich St not making it to this round robin.

I think they could have shut out the Vikings last thurs night.

Based on beating Nebraska? Trust me Michigan St isn't near as good as they looked. Nebraska was inept and have a pretty bad QB.

I think Michigan St is solid though and the coaching staff is usually very good. I felt they weren't on top of their game last night by any means however.

Did I mention Pelini is downright terrible? Year after year its the offensive coordinator. Only one constant the whole time. PELINI!

< Message edited by Richard Neussendorfer -- 10/5/2014 9:43:48 AM >
Post #: 1471
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 10:22:10 AM   
John Childress

This may be the most wide open year in college football in a decade

Last year it was clear early that FSU was a cut above everyone else

Usually there is Alabama, Auburn or LSU that is a clear leader with one clear contender

This year it is WIDE open

Should be a fun season

FSU looks like half the team from last year - if that. Winston misses Benjamin plus I think the off the field stuff is starting to accumulate on his play. ALso, the defense really stinks

Post #: 1472
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 11:10:14 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

This may be the most wide open year in college football in a decade

Last year it was clear early that FSU was a cut above everyone else

Usually there is Alabama, Auburn or LSU that is a clear leader with one clear contender

This year it is WIDE open

Should be a fun season

FSU looks like half the team from last year - if that. Winston misses Benjamin plus I think the off the field stuff is starting to accumulate on his play. ALso, the defense really stinks

College football is keeping my interest this year much more than pro ball. It seems that every other game is an upset special!
Post #: 1473
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 12:34:42 PM   
John Childress

1. Florida State (44)

2. Auburn (16)

3. Baylor (1)

4. Ole Miss

5. Notre Dame

6. Mississippi State

7. Alabama

8. Michigan State

9. Oklahoma

10. Georgia

Post #: 1474
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/5/2014 2:16:40 PM   
djskillz

Notre Dame is a joke and will get exposed as always eventually. I don't think Baylor/Oklahoma/Michigan State are all that either. I honestly think the 5 best teams might all be in the SEC this year. But FSU will get a lot better during the year, as usual.

Post #: 1475
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode