Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/31/2014 9:04:07 AM   
Vikes need to take a close look at Teddy's old WRer Devante Parker....

Kids a stud...

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1651
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/31/2014 9:15:44 AM   
Rob Viking

I actually don't think he's impressive at times on the field. He makes some incredibly stupid throws, I can think of the one vs the Irish that was a fade way shot back to the middle of the field. He's the best prospect since Luck and RGIII no doubt and I do think he'll be good, but he is nowhere near as good as Luck on the field.
Post #: 1652
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/31/2014 9:55:50 AM   
Andy Lowe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

I actually don't think he's impressive at times on the field. He makes some incredibly stupid throws, I can think of the one vs the Irish that was a fade way shot back to the middle of the field. He's the best prospect since Luck and RGIII no doubt and I do think he'll be good, but he is nowhere near as good as Luck on the field.

Well people said I was insane for saying both Justin Gilbert and Jadaveon Clowney were epic busts, so I'm used to it.

I jut think Winston has an immense feel for the game, and the physical tools to go with it.

I watched Cam Newton last night throw everything like a frozen rope, as opposed to a guy like Luck or Winston who understands touch and angle of passes.

Newton can't throw a fade pattern to save his life, he throws it the same way as he does every other pass.

Also Winston is at his best under pressure
Post #: 1653
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/31/2014 10:17:03 AM   
bohumm

Until one can be reasonably sure he won't rape a stolen crab leg, engage in pellet/BB gun battles in an apartment complex that cause $4000 in broken windows and other damage, and/or shout "Shoot that stolen crab leg right in the pussy" from a tabletop in a public eating establishment, I would tend to steer clear of him as a QB. I don't currently think we can be reasonably assured of any of that given his actions of the last couple of years.
Post #: 1654
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/31/2014 10:21:39 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

quote:

Well people said I was insane for saying both Justin Gilbert and Jadaveon Clowney were epic busts, so I'm used to it.

I jut think Winston has an immense feel for the game, and the physical tools to go with it.

I watched Cam Newton last night throw everything like a frozen rope, as opposed to a guy like Luck or Winston who understands touch and angle of passes.

Newton can't throw a fade pattern to save his life, he throws it the same way as he does every other pass.

You liked Ryan Shazier as well Andy, he's a beast (Although not as good as Barr )

Kaepernick seems to only have a fastball as well...but hell I'd take either one.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1655
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/31/2014 12:19:40 PM   
John Childress

quote:

Clearly you miss all of Luck's stupid throws

This year Winston has to force balls because FSU simply doesn't have the talent they did last year

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1656
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/31/2014 12:28:15 PM   
Andy Lowe

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

This year Winston has to force balls because FSU simply doesn't have the talent they did last year

Luck does make a lot of INTs, but Indy puts a lot on his shoulders.

Really splitting hairs IMO, absent of Winston's off-field mistakes, they are both phenomenal QBs who have the chance to be elite.
Post #: 1657
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 12:30:31 PM   
Andy Lowe

This may be the best draft for RBs and WRs in a long time

Jamison Crowder is such a stud

He reminds me a lot of Marvin Harrison

Could be a great slot WR in the NFL
Post #: 1658
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 12:44:36 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really splitting hairs IMO, absent of Winston's off-field mistakes, they are both phenomenal QBs who have the chance to be elite.

Off-field mistakes understates the issue. He has displayed horrible judgement and a stunning lack of self-control, and that doesn't even take into account the possible rape. I would stay away from him at the most important position on any NFL team.
Post #: 1659
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 1:21:34 PM   
Bill Jandro

I think alot has to play out before we can rule out Winston.

1. Can he be a good citizen until draft night.
2. What pick is used to draft him.
3. How Teddy progresses through the balance of the season.
4. Other needs.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1660
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 1:32:51 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

4. Other needs.

other needs is not an issue, IMO

if he is a stud you take him, regardless of other needs

the other issues do come into play

JMO

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 1661
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 3:33:32 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

4. Other needs.

other needs is not an issue, IMO

if he is a stud you take him, regardless of other needs

the other issues do come into play

JMO

True. I get that qb is paramount.

However, LT is also in that catagory and if a stud LT is on the board along with Winston when we pick that has to be factored in. Normally its a no brainer to take the qb but with his off field issues there has to be a balancing scale as to which way you go and what is the bigger need.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1662
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 6:37:39 PM   
John Childress

quote:

quote:

quote:

The lot on his shoulders is overrated

1. He causes a lot of the burden with picks

2. Guys like Wilson and Cam also have a lot on their shoulders but the difference is they are running for 1st downs to keep drives alive. In fact, Cam and Luck both have TOO much on their shoulders. It is hard to win big like that. Both teams need to develop other facets of their offenses. Notice how much better Luck looks with Bradshaw running the ball versus Richardson? I say again that I bet either Peterson or McCoy is in Indy next year and then Luck will become unstoppable.

As for Cam, Carolina's no WR offseason plan is a full disaster. I hope he doesn't get so beat up this year he regresses permanently

Post #: 1663
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 6:39:19 PM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Off-field mistakes understates the issue. He has displayed horrible judgement and a stunning lack of self-control, and that doesn't even take into account the possible rape. I would stay away from him at the most important position on any NFL team.

I can forgive the other mistakes - not rape. I would hire the best investigator to determine if he was guilty

Lots of these guys do dumb things and mature - see Cam and Peyton (he of the rubbing his balls in the face of a reporter in college)

But rape is unforgivable in my book

Post #: 1664
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 6:39:37 PM   
John Childress

Anyone watch TCU-WVU?

Post #: 1665
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 6:52:35 PM   
drew

I watched most of it JC. Pretty good game, but it was nothing like I expected.

TCU's QB had a tough time throwing it (wind, rain didn't help), so they basically ran it most of the time. WV got pretty conservative the whole 4th quarter trying to run out the clock, and it came back to bite them.
Post #: 1666
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 7:28:57 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can forgive the other mistakes - not rape. I would hire the best investigator to determine if he was guilty

Lots of these guys do dumb things and mature - see Cam and Peyton (he of the rubbing his balls in the face of a reporter in college)

But rape is unforgivable in my book

I can forgive his actions other than the rape, if true. But they show horrendous judgment and immaturity; not what you want in your QB.
Post #: 1667
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 11:01:10 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

Anyone watch TCU-WVU?

Yep.. That TCU is something else.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1668
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 11:02:11 PM   
Ian Joseph

That two-SEC teams in the playoffs dream is dead in the water.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1669
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/1/2014 11:18:05 PM   
JT2

Good win for the Ducks tonight. Mariota finally gets passed the Cardinal.

Hundley is struggling early.

Pharoh Cooper (Gamecocks) stuffed the box score in a losing effort. 11 receptions for 233 yards and 2 TD's. 3 carries, 23 yards and 1 TD. And a 30 yard TD pass.
Post #: 1670
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 1:17:16 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

That two-SEC teams in the playoffs dream is dead in the water.

It's not my dream, but how so?
Post #: 1671
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 1:28:33 AM   
Rob Viking

Awesome there are 2 receivers named Pharoah!

Pharoah Brown for Oregon and Pharoah Cooper for SC.
Post #: 1672
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 1:31:01 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

Anyone watch TCU-WVU?

Yep.. That TCU is something else.

TCU is a great story, they're fun to watch. Boykin struggled today. That was an exciting game. That no call on the PI on 4th dwon was a terrible call, would have been a TD. I would have liked to see WVU forced to go for the win after they tried to kill the clock the whole 4th qtr.
Post #: 1673
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 2:18:18 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

Gilbert has been terrible. I feelt/felt Clowney wiill be overrated probably not a bust since he will be playing with Watt. We shall see.

Winston does have great anticipation and that is one of the most if not the most important skill to have as a QB. I thought his best throw the other night was called back but he slid to his left and hit the receiver in stride in a tight window. Look at Rivers his mechanics are odd he has good but not great arm strength but his anticipation is great. Rivers made a throw in week 1 vs the Cards to Floyd I believe on a double move where he threw the ball to a spot 40 yd down field in 2 seconds on a 3rd & 15, simply amazing.
Post #: 1674
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 3:50:50 AM   
JT2

quote:

Awesome there are 2 receivers named Pharoah!

Pharoah Brown for Oregon and Pharoah Cooper for SC.

Actually, neither of them are named Pharoah.

Pharaoh Brown and Pharoh Cooper.
Post #: 1675
Page:   <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode