Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 3:54:55 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

Anyone watch TCU-WVU?

Yep.. That TCU is something else.

TCU is a great story, they're fun to watch. Boykin struggled today. That was an exciting game. That no call on the PI on 4th dwon was a terrible call, would have been a TD. I would have liked to see WVU forced to go for the win after they tried to kill the clock the whole 4th qtr.

That may have been the sloppiest game of the day. 7 turnovers. The only exciting part was the White/White match up.
Post #: 1676
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:00:00 AM   
drew

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

That two-SEC teams in the playoffs dream is dead in the water.

It's not my dream, but how so?

I agree. I'd be very surprised if there aren't two SEC teams in the final four when all is said and done.

That being said, today was a good day for the SEC haters. Georgia losing was bad for the whole league (except Florida!).
Post #: 1677
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:08:40 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: drew

quote:

quote:

I agree. I'd be very surprised if there aren't two SEC teams in the final four when all is said and done.

That being said, today was a good day for the SEC haters. Georgia losing was bad for the whole league (except Florida!).

I don't see anyway nor how the committe can justify putting two SEC teams in the final four. First of all the SEC is in a down year and the only remote way of this happening is if everyone else loses multiple games.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1678
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:09:52 AM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't see anyway nor how the committe can justify putting two SEC teams in the final four. First of all the SEC is in a down year and the only remote way of this happening is if everyone else loses multiple games.

For real

Folks need to give the SEC worship a rest

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1679
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:10:53 AM   
John Childress

quote:

Awesome there are 2 receivers named Pharoah!

Pharoah Brown for Oregon and Pharoah Cooper for SC.

We need a CB named Moses!

Post #: 1680
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:12:28 AM   
John Childress

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

quote:

I actually don't think he's impressive at times on the field. He makes some incredibly stupid throws, I can think of the one vs the Irish that was a fade way shot back to the middle of the field. He's the best prospect since Luck and RGIII no doubt and I do think he'll be good, but he is nowhere near as good as Luck on the field.

Well people said I was insane for saying both Justin Gilbert and Jadaveon Clowney were epic busts, so I'm used to it.

I jut think Winston has an immense feel for the game, and the physical tools to go with it.

I watched Cam Newton last night throw everything like a frozen rope, as opposed to a guy like Luck or Winston who understands touch and angle of passes.

Newton can't throw a fade pattern to save his life, he throws it the same way as he does every other pass.

Also Winston is at his best under pressure

Gilbert has been terrible. I feelt/felt Clowney wiill be overrated probably not a bust since he will be playing with Watt. We shall see.

Winston does have great anticipation and that is one of the most if not the most important skill to have as a QB. I thought his best throw the other night was called back but he slid to his left and hit the receiver in stride in a tight window. Look at Rivers his mechanics are odd he has good but not great arm strength but his anticipation is great. Rivers made a throw in week 1 vs the Cards to Floyd I believe on a double move where he threw the ball to a spot 40 yd down field in 2 seconds on a 3rd & 15, simply amazing.

Clowney is on the verge of being a bust

May not play in today's game against the Eagles because of "an illness"

Clowney really doesn't seem like he likes playing football

You would have to chain JJ Watt to the bed to keep him out of a game

Post #: 1681
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:16:00 AM   
Bill Jandro

if it were done today

MSST
FSU
TCU
Oregon

Auburn has a chance if one of the above falters but if MSU wins the B10 they also are a candidate

Post #: 1682
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:19:17 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

quote:

I actually don't think he's impressive at times on the field. He makes some incredibly stupid throws, I can think of the one vs the Irish that was a fade way shot back to the middle of the field. He's the best prospect since Luck and RGIII no doubt and I do think he'll be good, but he is nowhere near as good as Luck on the field.

Well people said I was insane for saying both Justin Gilbert and Jadaveon Clowney were epic busts, so I'm used to it.

I jut think Winston has an immense feel for the game, and the physical tools to go with it.

I watched Cam Newton last night throw everything like a frozen rope, as opposed to a guy like Luck or Winston who understands touch and angle of passes.

Newton can't throw a fade pattern to save his life, he throws it the same way as he does every other pass.

Also Winston is at his best under pressure

Gilbert has been terrible. I feelt/felt Clowney wiill be overrated probably not a bust since he will be playing with Watt. We shall see.

Winston does have great anticipation and that is one of the most if not the most important skill to have as a QB. I thought his best throw the other night was called back but he slid to his left and hit the receiver in stride in a tight window. Look at Rivers his mechanics are odd he has good but not great arm strength but his anticipation is great. Rivers made a throw in week 1 vs the Cards to Floyd I believe on a double move where he threw the ball to a spot 40 yd down field in 2 seconds on a 3rd & 15, simply amazing.

Clowney is on the verge of being a bust

May not play in today's game against the Eagles because of "an illness"

Clowney really doesn't seem like he likes playing football

You would have to chain JJ Watt to the bed to keep him out of a game

Its sure looking like that is true of Clowney. Seems like he's been living off of that hit he put on that Mich player a few years ago.

Too bad there is no measurement for heart. Clowney has none and Watt absolutely lives for Sundays

Post #: 1683
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:22:45 AM   
Bill Jandro

You also have to give KSU some consideration as well.

Power conference champions will all get a nod to the final four unless hey have 2 or more losses.

Post #: 1684
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:34:38 AM   
drew

quote:

if it were done today

MSST
FSU
TCU
Oregon

Auburn has a chance if one of the above falters but if MSU wins the B10 they also are a candidate

So you think Auburn would drop from the #3 spot based on going on the road and beating the #4 team? I doubt it.

I think as of right now, it'll be...

Miss. St.
FSU
Auburn
TCU
Oregon is just on the outside
Post #: 1685
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:36:47 AM   
drew

By the way, no SEC worshiper here. Just being realistic. SEC isn't down this year, they just have to play each other.
Post #: 1686
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:36:52 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

if it were done today

MSST
FSU
TCU
Oregon

So you think Auburn would drop from the #3 spot based on going on the road and beating the #4 team? I doubt it.

Miss. St.
FSU
Auburn
TCU

Guess I didn't word that right. I think whomever wins SEC title game obviously is a lock. I can't see letting the loser in as well.

Post #: 1687
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:39:17 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

if it were done today

MSST
FSU
TCU
Oregon

Miss. St.
FSU
Auburn
TCU

Oregon just throttled #12 Stanford. They actually are well ahead of TCU right now. I just can't see putting the loser of the SEC title game in there.

Post #: 1688
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:41:21 AM   
drew

No worries Bill. I don't think the loser of the SEC title game will get in. I think an SEC West team which doesn't even make the title game will have a good chance of getting in (Miss St, Auburn, Alabama).
Post #: 1689
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:42:43 AM   
drew

Stanford isn't #12. TCU just beat #20 WVU on the road.

I could see Oregon at 4 and TCU at 5, though.
Post #: 1690
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 6:48:17 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

No worries Bill. I don't think the loser of the SEC title game will get in. I think an SEC West team which doesn't even make the title game will have a good chance of getting in (Miss St, Auburn, Alabama).

Agree. But I hope that doesn't happen.

Any outcome is going to leave a few good teams out. It will merely fuel the 8 team playoff format.

Post #: 1691
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 9:02:23 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

if it were done today

MSST
FSU
TCU
Oregon

Miss. St.
FSU
Auburn
TCU

On Tuesday, the rankings will look something like this. But, this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Two SEC teams aren't going to the new dance, unless there are no one-loss teams in the NCAA of merit. Georgia losing just put the nail in that coffin. The only scenario I saw it happening was a one-loss Georgia team beating an undefeated Miss St in the SECCG. Whoops.

I suppose Alabama, Auburn or even Miss St. can get in, by having one loss and not playing in the SECCG. Then again, I don't see how that scenario is possible since they all still play each other.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1692
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 9:11:46 AM   
bohumm

SEC gets 2 before you choose a team from the Big 12 over teams that beat them. That conference plays pinball against each other.... All one loss teams are not better than all two loss teams
Post #: 1693
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 9:13:33 AM   
drew

Agree about the marathon vs. sprint. You may be right about only one SEC team getting in, because they are going to beat each other up. Right now, at the end of the season, here's what I believe.

FSU will be in. Their last best chance to lose was at Louisville, and they survived.
Winner of KState vs. TCU looks good, as long as they run the table. I think either of them will be impossible to leave out if they have only one loss and won the Big 12.
Whoever wins the SEC will be in. (Hate to say it, but it'll probably be Alabama)
The last spot could go to any of the current or future (Miss St) one loss teams. Oregon and Mich. St. have good shots, I believe. That head to head match up could loom large.
Post #: 1694
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 9:17:07 AM   
drew

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

SEC gets 2 before you choose a team from the Big 12 over teams that beat them. That conference plays pinball against each other.... All one loss teams are not better than all two loss teams

This is what I was trying to say before, but you put it much better than I did.

There could be a ton of interesting scenarios. One could be a two loss Auburn vs. a one loss KState, with Auburn beating KState. I would have to take Auburn in that scenario.
Post #: 1695
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 9:32:15 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

if it were done today

MSST
FSU
TCU
Oregon

Miss. St.
FSU
Auburn
TCU

Oregon just throttled #12 Stanford. They actually are well ahead of TCU right now. I just can't see putting the loser of the SEC title game in there.

Are you referring to the #12 ranking for Stanford back when Condoleeza Rice was Secretary of State? They are currently in no ones top 25, in a couple polls they actually receive a few votes, which would put them at about #30-35, generously.
Post #: 1696
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 9:35:47 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

Agree about the marathon vs. sprint. You may be right about only one SEC team getting in, because they are going to beat each other up. Right now, at the end of the season, here's what I believe.

FSU will be in. Their last best chance to lose was at Louisville, and they survived.
Winner of KState vs. TCU looks good, as long as they run the table. I think either of them will be impossible to leave out if they have only one loss and won the Big 12.
Whoever wins the SEC will be in. (Hate to say it, but it'll probably be Alabama)
The last spot could go to any of the current or future (Miss St) one loss teams. Oregon and Mich. St. have good shots, I believe. That head to head match up could loom large.

Under that scenario, if Oregon wins out, they're going. There is zero doubt.

Believe.
Post #: 1697
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 9:38:50 AM   
Ian Joseph

The TCU KSU game is huge. The winner will get major kudos in the rankings and if they win out, will be in the dance.

Believe.
Post #: 1698
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 9:39:52 AM   
thebigo

I would say the dream of 1 or fewer SEC teams in the final 4 is more dead than the dream of 2 or more.
Post #: 1699
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/2/2014 10:35:30 AM   
Bradley H

quote:

By the way, no SEC worshiper here. Just being realistic. SEC isn't down this year, they just have to play each other.

Disagree entirely. When Mississippi State and Ole Miss are two of the best teams in the conference, the conference is down. The only teams that are dangerous are the ones with quarterbacks (MS State, Ole Miss, Auburn and Bama). Georgia, LSU, Florida & Texas A&M (without Hilll) have nothing at quarterback and are not a threat to make a run. I though Georgia was a contender, but their quarterback is terrible and without Gurley they are just another team. Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina and Arkansas have nothing.

Remember when the A&M win was a big deal in week one? The voters had put South Carolina No. 2 to start the season despite not winning an important game in 40 years. Turns out they were shit and A&M was deemed the new darling. I watched A&M struggle mightily with Louisiana-Monroe yesterday. The Gophers would have beaten them by three scores.

< Message edited by Bradley H -- 11/2/2014 10:37:13 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1700
Page:   <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode