Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  357 358 [359] 360 361   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/20/2017 2:03:45 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Rizzo with a dirty slide last night.
Lets see what happens.
I'm guessing nothing.

Wow, we must be on the same page. I didn't see your post until now.

I'm not nearly as bad a guy as you think I am.

You stole that from Sweeney.

No that's not one of mine. I'm absolutely as bad a guy as people think I am.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 8951
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/20/2017 2:05:18 PM   
TJSweens

In fact if it wasn't for Nick Punto, Dustin would have labled me Horrible Human Being instead.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 8952
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/20/2017 2:33:04 PM   
SoMnFan

Figured I'd let you handle that one, Sweens
Post #: 8953
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/20/2017 2:38:44 PM   
TJSweens

Yeah, Punto edged me out because of those head first slides into first.

Post #: 8954
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/20/2017 7:53:50 PM   
djskillz

I always figured with your grit and determination, Tim, that you and Nick were related somehow. So I figured that name works for both of you...

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 8955
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/20/2017 9:14:06 PM   
TJSweens

Nick and I related? I know I'm a horrible person, but that's just mean.

Post #: 8956
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/20/2017 9:16:16 PM   
djskillz

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 8957
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/22/2017 3:58:15 PM   
Mr. Ed

Schwarber demoted

like no other sport baseball is a "what have you done lately" for guys with options

Escape while you can!
Post #: 8958
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/22/2017 3:59:23 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Schwarber demoted

like no other sport baseball is a "what have you done lately" for guys with options

WHOA

That floors me
Post #: 8959
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/22/2017 4:26:03 PM   
SoMnFan

Arizona pounding the Rockies
Astros pounding the A's
Still waitin in Mpls ...
Post #: 8960
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/22/2017 6:30:33 PM   
SoMnFan

Astros get to 50 wins in 74 games
Post #: 8961
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/23/2017 10:36:23 PM   
twinsfan

What a thrilling comeback by the Royals in the 9th! What a crazy atmosphere at that ballpark! Nobody left the game. And they are all hanging around listening to the postgame interviews. Party in KC tonight! I'll be there next Saturday for Game 1 of the double-header. Going to a concert in KC The night before. Can't wait!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 8962
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/24/2017 7:11:15 PM   
ewen21

I'm sorry, Matt.....

ALEX GORDON SUCKS!

I am so glad the Twins didn't follow the advice of some posters here and sign that dog to a multiyear contract a few years ago. I can eat crow on Aaron Hicks because I thought we made a good trade to bring in Murphy....but anyone who is fond of Alex Gordon really makes me wonder. WHY??

The guy is a straight up DOG.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 8963
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 11:21:01 AM   
Mr. Ed

WASHINGTON -- After the Nationals stole seven bases on the Cubs on Tuesday night, Chicago catcher Miguel Montero put the blame squarely on his starting pitcher, Jake Arrieta.

"That's the reason they were running left and right today, because they [Arrieta] were slow to the plate," Montero said after the Cubs' 6-1 loss. "Simple as that. It's a shame it's my fault because I didn't throw anyone out.

"It really sucked, because the stolen bases go on me. But when you really look at it, the pitcher doesn't give me any time, so yeah, 'Miggy can't throw anyone out,' but my pitchers don't hold anyone on."

Opposing baserunners are 31 for 31 in steal attempts against Montero this season, a total that includes the seven in four innings on Tuesday by the Nationals. Trea Turner had four steals with Arrieta on the mound and Montero behind the plate.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 8964
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 11:40:04 AM   
sixthwi

quote:

WASHINGTON -- After the Nationals stole seven bases on the Cubs on Tuesday night, Chicago catcher Miguel Montero put the blame squarely on his starting pitcher, Jake Arrieta.

"That's the reason they were running left and right today, because they [Arrieta] were slow to the plate," Montero said after the Cubs' 6-1 loss. "Simple as that. It's a shame it's my fault because I didn't throw anyone out.

"It really sucked, because the stolen bases go on me. But when you really look at it, the pitcher doesn't give me any time, so yeah, 'Miggy can't throw anyone out,' but my pitchers don't hold anyone on."

Opposing baserunners are 31 for 31 in steal attempts against Montero this season, a total that includes the seven in four innings on Tuesday by the Nationals. Trea Turner had four steals with Arrieta on the mound and Montero behind the plate.

What an ass.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 8965
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 11:40:06 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

And now Montero is DFAed. Rightfully so.
Post #: 8966
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 11:43:05 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

And now Montero is DFAed. Rightfully so.

Star first baseman Anthony Rizzo didn’t mince words on the topic. This morning, in an interview on ESPN 1000 (Twitter link), he described the situation like this: “When you point fingers you’re a selfish player. We have another catcher that throws everyone out.”

Montero turned out to be a bad teammate

And he doesn't care...14 mill this season.

Guaranteed $$ has ruined sports

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 6/28/2017 12:58:07 PM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 8967
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 12:56:54 PM   
Mr. Ed

The Mariners have announced that lefty Drew Smyly will undergo Tommy John surgery for a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He is expected to miss the standard twelve to fifteen months in recovery.

That’s obviously devastating news for the 28-year-old southpaw, who had been hoping to work back from elbow issues that have put him on the shelf all year. He had shown quite well in the World Baseball Classic, with enhanced velocity, leading to hopes for a big first season in Seattle.

Instead, it now seems possible that Smyly won’t ever make an appearance for the M’s, who traded Mallex Smith and others to acquire his rights over the winter. Smith had been added earlier that day in a clearly related swap that sent pitching prospect Luiz Gohara to the Braves.

Smyly is earning $6.85MM this year and would command the same through arbitration in 2018 — his final trip through the process. It’s still possible that Seattle could attempt to work out some kind of arrangement to keep him in the organization for the future, but it obviously makes little sense for the team to pay him a significant salary for a year that will be spent rehabbing.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 8968
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 1:14:01 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

The Mariners have announced that lefty Drew Smyly will undergo Tommy John surgery for a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He is expected to miss the standard twelve to fifteen months in recovery.

That’s obviously devastating news for the 28-year-old southpaw, who had been hoping to work back from elbow issues that have put him on the shelf all year. He had shown quite well in the World Baseball Classic, with enhanced velocity, leading to hopes for a big first season in Seattle.

Instead, it now seems possible that Smyly won’t ever make an appearance for the M’s, who traded Mallex Smith and others to acquire his rights over the winter. Smith had been added earlier that day in a clearly related swap that sent pitching prospect Luiz Gohara to the Braves.

Smyly is earning $6.85MM this year and would command the same through arbitration in 2018 — his final trip through the process. It’s still possible that Seattle could attempt to work out some kind of arrangement to keep him in the organization for the future, but it obviously makes little sense for the team to pay him a significant salary for a year that will be spent rehabbing.

Smyly is at or near Phildo whenever I look up stats.
Maybe Phildo needs it too.
Post #: 8969
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 1:41:49 PM   
SoMnFan

Montero's mouth gets him DFA'ed
Never point out the obvious when a pampered baby like Arrietta is involved.
Post #: 8970
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 2:54:08 PM   
Mr. Ed

next big thing?

The Yankees have announced a series of roster moves. Veteran DH Matt Holliday will go on the 10-day DL with an illness, with the club seemingly still working to determine how to treat it, while veteran first baseman Chris Carter has accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A.

New York has also announced that it selected the contract of third baseman Miguel Andujar. (That move was first reported by Craig Mish of Sirius XM, on Twitter.) The 22-year-old had just earned a promotion to the highest level of the minors after hitting a robust .312/.342/.494 to open the year at Double-A.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 8971
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 3:02:02 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

I like how Montero stood up for himself. One of the few Cubs I can stomach.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 8972
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 3:05:42 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

I'm sorry, Matt.....

ALEX GORDON SUCKS!

I am so glad the Twins didn't follow the advice of some posters here and sign that dog to a multiyear contract a few years ago. I can eat crow on Aaron Hicks because I thought we made a good trade to bring in Murphy....but anyone who is fond of Alex Gordon really makes me wonder. WHY??

The guy is a straight up DOG.

Thank you for eating crow on Hicks.

Get back to me on Alex Gordon after the World Series.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 8973
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 3:06:30 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

How can Montero say all that with a straight face, when 31 of 31 steals against you?

Idiot.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 8974
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/28/2017 3:06:45 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

How can Montero say all that with a straight face, when 31 of 31 steals against you?

Idiot.

Cubs eat rest of 14 mill salary

MN would NEVER do that

Escape while you can!
Post #: 8975
Page:   <<   < prev  357 358 [359] 360 361   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  357 358 [359] 360 361   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode