Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/28/2014 3:42:48 PM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

Wake me when Andy Dalton goes 8-0 against Brady, Brees, Manning, and Rodgers

Seattle's defense played great against those guys!

Andy Dalton and "Short right" are game manager quarterbacks on running teams with good defenses. Neither QB is in the top 10 in any category.

I played Andy Dalton over Kaepernick on my fantasy football team this week. Might as well have been over "short right", too.

Wake me up when you take off your tinted glasses.

Andy Dalton is underrated when it comes to the deep pass. Both thrown 31-40 and 41+. Take a look...he's up there in completions year after year.

Really

So that is why he has a 56 passer rating in the playoffs

If Wilson was White guys like Delain would heralding him as the next Joe Montana

Instead he is a game manager who just happens to have a 14 to 1 TD to Int ratio in big games

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 501
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/28/2014 6:04:21 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Andy Dalton and "Short right" are game manager quarterbacks on running teams with good defenses. Neither QB is in the top 10 in any category.

I played Andy Dalton over Kaepernick on my fantasy football team this week. Might as well have been over "short right", too.

Andy Dalton is underrated when it comes to the deep pass. Both thrown 31-40 and 41+. Take a look...he's up there in completions year after year.

Really

If Wilson was White guys like Delain would heralding him as the next Joe Montana

Instead he is a game manager who just happens to have a 14 to 1 TD to Int ratio in big games

Wow..... It really is a Wow since this is so consistent in your postings.
Post #: 502
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/28/2014 6:53:59 PM   
John Childress

Truth hurts

How many QBs in their first 3 years have accomplished what Wilson has?

Yet all you do is explain away his great accomplishments as - someone other than Wilson did it

You guys don't even realize how far gone you are

Wilson
32 wins, 10 losses
67 TD passes
24 INTs
98.9 QB rating
281 carries
1707 yards
9 rushing TDs
6.1 ypc

2 playoff game winning drives
4-1 playoff record
6 TDs
1 INT
102.0 QB rating
26 carries
169 yards rushing
6.5 ypc
1 TD

Brady (at the same point)
30 wins, 12 losses
61 TD passes
38 INTs
86 QB rating
110 carries
196 yards
2 rushing TDs
1.8 ypc

2 playoff game winning drives
3-0 playoff record
1 TDs
1 INT
~83 QB rating
8 carries
22 yards rushing
2.7 ypc
1 TD

So after 42 games Russell Wilson compares favorably with Tom Brady yet clones still want to act like he is not good

Stupid shit

I have wasted enough time on this bullshit

Post #: 503
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/28/2014 10:41:56 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Isn't he as white as Kapernick, whom everyone is roasting?
Post #: 504
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2014 11:02:13 PM   
David Levine

Odell Beckham kicks a 31 yard FG. Acts as his own holder.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000437547/article/legends-of-beckham-rookie-hits-trickshot-field-goal
Post #: 505
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/2/2014 1:25:19 PM   
Bill Jandro

NFL execs: Redskins unlikely to get more than a 3rd-round pick for RG3
With the disconnect between Robert Griffin III and the Redskins' decision-makers growing so great, sources believe an offseason divorce is inevitable. What could Washington get in return? Executives from around the league say not nearly as much as the Redskins invested.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 506
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/2/2014 1:35:11 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I would be all over that.  RGIII and Teddy battling it out for just a 3rd?  Yes please!
Post #: 507
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2014 10:08:43 AM   
DeLain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really

I was being funny about Andy Dalton....but just take your racist glasses off for a change and you might see what everybody else sees of what "Short Right" is now. Clinging to stats in the past would be like throwing RG3 first year stats out as his now.

Besides actually watching his subpar play this year and you just look at his stats...you might notice that he is not in the top 10 in ANY category.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438501/article/qb-index-ranking-the-starters-132

10. Russell Wilson: His best plays are improvised or dump-off passes. He's cut down on mistakes lately, but his starting wide receivers have combined for 87 yards the last two weeks. Can the Seahawks win (another) Super Bowl that way?

Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson......AAAARRRGGGHHH!

I know "short right" is a LOT better than most quarterbacks out there. But my disdain for other people's worship of him annoys the hell out of me...because I live in the Seattle market and listen to the radio. But almost everybody out here are really starting to worry about him.

If you want to cling to your latest black quarterback you can take mine. Teddy Bridgewater. He is my guy. I really like him.

What is ironic is this:

21. Teddy Bridgewater: He's the best rookie quarterback right now. It's not by much, and his ceiling could be higher than his counterparts. Bridgewater is crafty. He's the type of quarterback who analysts or teammates love to call a "gamer" or a "winner." He's going to be around a while, but possibly in the mold of guys like Alex Smith or Andy Dalton.
Post #: 508
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/6/2014 2:33:13 PM   
Bill Jandro

but possibly in the mold of guys like Alex Smith or Andy Dalton.

OUCH

Post #: 509
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/8/2014 9:14:37 AM   
John Childress

Jay Gruden is the biggest fraud in the NFL. What did he ever do besides have his brother's last name? And his brother was overrated. he won with Dungy's player and never won squat when he had to build the team up.

Post #: 510
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/8/2014 9:26:01 AM   
bgdavis

The Vikings may have fickle fans that have trouble filling an outdoor stadium, but at least they aren't this bad:

https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/541680112161525760/photo/1

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 511
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/9/2014 9:28:34 AM   
Todd M

"Last Friday, after practice, [Griffin] was on the field by himself for like 40 minutes, just punting the ball, and running after it, and punting the ball and running after it," Jones said. "The guy looks like he's lost, doesn't know what's going on, and so I did feel bad for him."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2293254-robert-griffin-iii-punting-footballs-for-40-minutes-is-a-sad-inexplicable-story?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

---

Make it big or bust. I wonder how much of that is luck of the draw. I.E., franchise that selects you and/or the coaches that handle you.
Post #: 512
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/14/2014 11:35:43 PM   
John Childress

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really

I was being funny about Andy Dalton....but just take your racist glasses off for a change and you might see what everybody else sees of what "Short Right" is now. Clinging to stats in the past would be like throwing RG3 first year stats out as his now.

Besides actually watching his subpar play this year and you just look at his stats...you might notice that he is not in the top 10 in ANY category.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438501/article/qb-index-ranking-the-starters-132

10. Russell Wilson: His best plays are improvised or dump-off passes. He's cut down on mistakes lately, but his starting wide receivers have combined for 87 yards the last two weeks. Can the Seahawks win (another) Super Bowl that way?

Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson......AAAARRRGGGHHH!

I know "short right" is a LOT better than most quarterbacks out there. But my disdain for other people's worship of him annoys the hell out of me...because I live in the Seattle market and listen to the radio. But almost everybody out here are really starting to worry about him.

If you want to cling to your latest black quarterback you can take mine. Teddy Bridgewater. He is my guy. I really like him.

What is ironic is this:

21. Teddy Bridgewater: He's the best rookie quarterback right now. It's not by much, and his ceiling could be higher than his counterparts. Bridgewater is crafty. He's the type of quarterback who analysts or teammates love to call a "gamer" or a "winner." He's going to be around a while, but possibly in the mold of guys like Alex Smith or Andy Dalton.

Are you still putting your foot in your dumbass mouth?

Bridgewater has a LONG way to go before he is as good as Wilson

And as for your racist comment, get a clue

If you followed me you would know Jim Plunkett is my favorite QB and the last QB I lobbied hard for here was Jay Cutler

You are so stupid I can't even respond any more
\

Post #: 513
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/14/2014 11:54:56 PM   
bgdavis

NFC Homefield Playoff scenarios with 2 weeks to play:

ARI can get the #1 seed by beating SEA. Whether they win/lose their final game against SF has no impact on this.
SEA can get the #1 seed by beating ARI and STL
DET can get the #1 seed by beating CHI and GB, plus SEA beating ARI in week 15, and both SEA and ARI losing in week 17
GB can get the #1 seed by beating TB and DET, plus SEA beating ARI in week 15, and both SEA and ARI losing in week 17
DAL can get the #1 seed by beating INDY and was, plus SEA beating ARI in week 15, and both SEA and ARI losing in week 17 plus at least one loss by both GB and DET (either GB loses to TB and beats DET, or DET loses to CHI and beats GB)

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 514
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/15/2014 9:36:03 PM   
bgdavis

The Bears look gawd-awful tonight. Hard to believe the Vikings lost to this team a few weeks ago.

(Norse mythology)
Post #: 515
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/15/2014 9:43:02 PM   
Ricky J

Frank Caliendo ‏@FrankCaliendo 25m25 minutes ago
BREAKING: After Jon Gruden's announcement, the Raiders announce they have signed a 7-year extension with 4th place in the AFC West
Post #: 516
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/15/2014 10:48:21 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

The Bears look gawd-awful tonight. Hard to believe the Vikings lost to this team a few weeks ago.

Cutler with a couple garbage time TDs to pump his passer rating to 55.8
Post #: 517
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/16/2014 5:10:38 PM   
Bill Jandro

Cutler tossed three interceptions Monday night to extend his NFL lead in turnovers (24). The highest paid offensive player in the NFL ($22.5 million in 2014), Cutler has progressively increased his turnover rate this season. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Cutler has averaged a turnover every 33.3 snaps, which ranks as the third-worst rate among all qualified players in the NFL. Cutler's turnover rate is nearly twice as bad as the average qualified NFL quarterback this season, who turns over the ball ever 65.3 snaps.

I had no idea Chi made Cutler the highest paid player with that recent contract. WOW!

Pretty sad when a marginal qb can get the biggest paycheck

Post #: 518
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/16/2014 9:54:29 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Cutler tossed three interceptions Monday night to extend his NFL lead in turnovers (24). The highest paid offensive player in the NFL ($22.5 million in 2014), Cutler has progressively increased his turnover rate this season. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Cutler has averaged a turnover every 33.3 snaps, which ranks as the third-worst rate among all qualified players in the NFL. Cutler's turnover rate is nearly twice as bad as the average qualified NFL quarterback this season, who turns over the ball ever 65.3 snaps.

I had no idea Chi made Cutler the highest paid player with that recent contract. WOW!

Off the field, he and his agent probably laugh about it...all the way to the bank.

(Norse mythology)
Post #: 519
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/17/2014 7:31:50 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Off the field, he and his agent probably laugh about it...all the way to the bank.

Nuke Laloosh
Million Dollar Arm, Five Cent Head

Goes to show you that it takes a lot more than a big arm to be a successful QB. You can get by with an average arm and a good head and calmness under pressure. See Brady, Brees, Manning, Montana, etc etc etc.

Scouts ooh and aah over how strong an arm a guy has...to them I say this. JeMarcus Russell. I remind them that Kyle Boller could throw a football from his knees through the goalpoast from the fifty yard line...
Million Dollar arm don't mean squat if you have a five cent head.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 520
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/17/2014 4:39:17 PM   
Bill Jandro

The Bears will be axing Trestman. Emory should be gone as well for signing Baby face to that size of a contract.

Heard some chatter that Cutler may not have his diabetes under control.

Post #: 521
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/21/2014 10:17:14 PM   
John Childress

Russell Wilson and the offense over 500 yards today

Seattle is on the path for a repeat

Defense finally healthy

Offense clicking

If the kicker would just stop missing kicks they would be unbeatable

Post #: 522
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/22/2014 8:14:53 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Russell Wilson and the offense over 500 yards today

Seattle is on the path for a repeat

Defense finally healthy

Offense clicking

If the kicker would just stop missing kicks they would be unbeatable

Their defense took over the #1 ranking from Det yesterday

Post #: 523
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/22/2014 8:16:07 AM   
John Childress

I have to say though that Bruce Arians may be the best coach in the NFL

Look at all the players he lost and his team is still 11-4

Post #: 524
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/22/2014 12:49:24 PM   
Bill Jandro

Arians is the classic example of a guy who can make chicken salad out of chicken shite.

Too bad his qb situation is what it is. That is the one position you cannot just plug the next guy in and keep rolling.

Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode