Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/13/2015 10:14:15 AM   
djskillz

Exactly. Buffalo's defense is championship quality already; they need a QB and a better offense, something Ryan has never had.

The Greg Roman hire was a better hire for them than Ryan. Curious to see how he does building an offense/QB outside of Harbaugh. He was a guy a lot of us wanted for Vikings' coach.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 551
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/13/2015 11:56:35 AM   
John Childress

Of the four quarterbacks remaining in the NFL playoffs, Indianapolis' Andrew Luck isn't just the only No. 1 overall pick; he's the only top-20 pick. And each of those three has won at least one Super Bowl.

Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers was picked 24th overall in 2005, Seattle's Russell Wilson in the third round (75th overall) in 2012 and New England's Tom Brady in the sixth round (199th overall) in 2000.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20150113_Marc_my_words__No_way_Eagles_get_Mariota.html#KpqrZ7Y6Hz3bWhA0.99

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 552
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/13/2015 2:35:30 PM   
djskillz

That's pretty crazy. Hopefully Teddy will join that group next year.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 553
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/19/2015 8:31:42 AM   
John Childress

And it turns out Luck was the only one to suck yesterday

Hmm

get your QB later

Go Bridge!

Post #: 554
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/19/2015 6:00:33 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

And it turns out Luck was the only one to suck yesterday

Hmm

get your QB later

Go Bridge!

If Luck had thrown 4 interceptions and had his Special team bail him out i doubt you'd be singing his praises.
Post #: 555
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/19/2015 6:14:15 PM   
Lynn G.

How goofy - New England is now being investigated for whether they used under-inflated balls to give them an advantage in yesterday's game. With any other team I'd pooh pooh the accusation, but with Bellicheat? I actually think it's a possibility.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 556
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 11:47:24 AM   
djskillz

I don't know Denver's cap situation, but I wonder if they make a big play for a RB this year (Adrian or Murray, etc.). Sounds like Elway is very intent on following his blueprint to a late SB now with the Kubiak hire (WC offense) and that includes a dominant RB or at least vastly improved running game. Wouldn't be surprised at all (assuming Peyton comes back) if they dramatically improve their running game this offseason.

Post #: 557
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 11:55:08 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

I don't know Denver's cap situation, but I wonder if they make a big play for a RB this year (Adrian or Murray, etc.). Sounds like Elway is very intent on following his blueprint to a late SB now with the Kubiak hire (WC offense) and that includes a dominant RB or at least vastly improved running game. Wouldn't be surprised at all (assuming Peyton comes back) if they dramatically improve their running game this offseason.

Will Peyton's ego allow him to take a lesser role?

CJ Anderson came on pretty strong, yet Manning still threw the ball 40 times a game.
Post #: 558
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 1:32:22 PM   
djskillz

Certainly a big ? He needs to. I would even consider bringing in another QB and risk losing a few games while resting Peyton more. Don't have him try to get through 19-20 games at this point.

Well, I can't say "I would do". Because honestly I'd let him go at this point and begin the rebuild. That $25M is better spent elsewhere IMO and I just don't think they can win it all with him.

Post #: 559
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 1:39:32 PM   
David Levine

And Manning is going to put whatever coach he has into a hard position.

I doubt Peyton plays if he doesn't have his usual responsibilities on offense: ie, the ability to change plays to what he wants at the line. And what coach is going to want to be the guy who either demands Manning change his ways at 40, or benches him?
Post #: 560
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 1:44:31 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

I doubt Peyton plays if he doesn't have his usual responsibilities on offense: ie, the ability to change plays to what he wants at the line. And what coach is going to want to be the guy who either demands Manning change his ways at 40, or benches him?

Gary Kubiak is not going to do that to Manning.
He played behind Elway for years on the depth chart and coached him as OC as well and he's a good coach. He wont force Manning to bend to his will. Only a fool would.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 561
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 1:53:17 PM   
DavidAOlson

Interesting article on why there is a shortage of OC's.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24980422/why-your-teams-search-for-an-offensive-coordinator-isnt-going-so-well

quote:

When it comes to offensive coordinators, NFL teams are running out of names, and running out of ideas. And some teams may be running out of time.

I can't recall another year when the Senior Bowl practices have started and a quarter of the league still does not have its offensive coordinator in place. And many teams haven't yet even interviewed the guy they are going to hire.

The head coaching searches dragged out this year, at least in part due to the success certain top candidates were having in the postseason, and that certainly contributed to this stagnation on the coordinator market, but it's hardly the only culprit. ...

Teams also are very willing to block young position coaches under contract from taking coordinator jobs. It has become increasingly commonplace, and that has led to this plight as well. We've seen far fewer college coaches jumping to the pros in recent years, also, which usually brings new talent with them that they bring over, who then rise up the ranks as potential coordinators and head coaches.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 562
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 2:11:36 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

He played behind Elway for years on the depth chart and coached him as OC as well and he's a good coach. He wont force Manning to bend to his will. Only a fool would.

Right. And I don't think next year will end any better than this one did. And probably worse.
Post #: 563
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 2:34:39 PM   
djskillz

Yup. Diminishing returns. Honestly, I'd kind of do the same thing the Colts did in a way; behind the scenes quietly "let" Peyton go elsewhere.

Post #: 564
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 5:36:47 PM   
Todd M

quote:

He'll be 39 next season.

Basically still a kid.
Post #: 565
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 6:17:41 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

He'll be 39 next season.

Basically still a kid.

Younger than me.
Post #: 566
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 10:55:40 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Why would anyone do that?
Post #: 567
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/20/2015 11:18:58 PM   
djskillz

The whole "deflated ball" thing is stupid.

1) The rule calls for a $25K fine.
2) What real advantage is there? Aaron Rodgers came out today and said he loves very inflated balls. It's QB preference anyway, so where's the real advantage?
3) What's to stop a team from altering the balls "naturally" after the game starts? They could just repeatedly spike them on the sideline, etc.
4) And perhaps most important; why are teams in control of the footballs at all? Why don't the officials always have control of them? Teams can still warm up with whatever footballs they want, etc. But why leave any of that to team control or allow for any possible difference if you're so concerned about it?

Post #: 568
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/21/2015 12:46:55 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

oh, it's all BS if you ask me...

"it makes the ball easier to catch"... uh no.. better throws and better receivers is what makes the ball easier to catch...

looking for "violations" of equipment is just making excuses.

Andrew Luck and the colts were TERRIBLE on the field..

Brady could have been throwing Nerf footballs, regulation footballs or college footballs and the result would have been practically similar.

The Colts Choked and are making excuses.

Quit making shit up and get better.

sore loseritis

I hope The Pats win just to shut up certain "experts" on a myriad of subjects from cheating to crocodile tears poster boy to who is or isn't an "all time great" QB.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 569
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/21/2015 5:14:17 AM   
John Childress

Again, the Pats caught cheating

Exactly why they will never be considered on the level of the Steelers or 49ers

Post #: 570
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/21/2015 5:14:51 AM   
John Childress

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right. And I don't think next year will end any better than this one did. And probably worse.

If Manning had any pride he would RETIRE right now before he embarrasses himself again

Post #: 571
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/21/2015 8:10:49 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

4) And perhaps most important; why are teams in control of the footballs at all? Why don't the officials always have control of them? Teams can still warm up with whatever footballs they want, etc. But why leave any of that to team control or allow for any possible difference if you're so concerned about it?

This is the part that gets me. and makes me go "wtf?"

Why isn't the NFL supplying the footballs? Or better yet a Neutral third party contracted by the NFL?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 572
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/21/2015 8:11:30 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

quote:

quote:

If Manning had any pride he would RETIRE right now before he embarrasses himself again

I doubt he does. Pretty sure he still has hit eyes on a couple of passing records he doesn't yet hold.

Post #: 573
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/21/2015 8:44:15 AM   
djskillz

Sounds like Brad Johnson paid a guy $7500 to doctor all 100 of the Super Bowl balls used, to his specifications for feel.

How is that any different than deflating them?

Post #: 574
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/21/2015 8:44:39 AM   
djskillz

Sounds like Brad Johnson paid a guy $7500 to doctor all 100 of the Super Bowl balls used, to his specifications for feel.

How is that any different than deflating them? Either way you're gaining some small advantage for grip and/or flight of the ball.

Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode