Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/5/2016 4:31:09 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

Funny clip: Kicker misses XP. Slams helmet into turf. Helmet rebounds into face.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/dan-carpenter-misses-extra-point--hits-self-in-face-with-helmet-192110074.html

Well, not really. It just kind of bounced back up into the air and he kept walking through it. Really a stretch with that one.
Post #: 1326
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/5/2016 6:57:31 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

The Browns are a TERRIBLE organization and have been a joke since day 1 of this incarnation

They should just fold the franchise when this blows up in their faces.

Hire a baseball guy and park him right behind the owner and president. Hire a legal guy and give him "full control" over player personnel...before getting a GM that won't be able to do shit and a HC! No pending power struggles here!

In Cleveland they're "intrigued". It's laughable!
Post #: 1327
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/5/2016 7:04:31 PM   
Jeff Jesser

In MN it's called "Timberwolves".
Post #: 1328
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/6/2016 9:40:59 PM   
Lynn G.

If it was the Patriots who had hired the baseball metric guy - they would have been declared geniuses.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1329
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/6/2016 9:52:50 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

If it was the Patriots who had hired the baseball metric guy - they would have been declared geniuses.

If the Patriots did it ... it WOULD work.
The Browns are doing it.
It WON'T.

Post #: 1330
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/6/2016 9:59:04 PM   
thebigo

quote:

If it proved to be a genius move. Considering Cleveland's history, it's assumed it will prove to be a bonehead move.
Post #: 1331
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/6/2016 10:54:52 PM   
Todd M

The Patriots have a guy...captain what's his name. Old dude...he was on that Patriots special. I think he was that kind of guy anyway.

Nobody has to answer to the Patriots guy. He just looks at numbers and tendencies and offers advice. Cleveland gave a lot of power to money ball guy and a guy who was legal council last year. And still have to fit a GM and coach into this.
Post #: 1332
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/7/2016 1:39:50 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

The Browns are doing it.
It WON'T.

Good stuff.

I fully expected them to go the Cleo the Psychic route.
Post #: 1333
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/7/2016 12:06:23 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

The Patriots have a guy...captain what's his name. Old dude...he was on that Patriots special. I think he was that kind of guy anyway.

Nobody has to answer to the Patriots guy. He just looks at numbers and tendencies and offers advice. Cleveland gave a lot of power to money ball guy and a guy who was legal council last year. And still have to fit a GM and coach into this.

What GM would want this job when a baseball metrics guy has final say over personnel.

Puzzling move is an understatement.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1334
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/7/2016 12:21:59 PM   
El Duderino

quote:

quote:

The Browns are doing it.
It WON'T.

We are talking about the team that commissioned a $500,000 report to determine who was the better prospect between Bridgewater and Manziel, and then promptly picked the other guy.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 1335
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/7/2016 1:06:11 PM   
Lynn G.

Speaking of that - how often have we all woken up with the words in our heads - "I am SO glad the Vikings didn't draft Johnny Manziel?"

Okay, maybe it's not the first thought of the day, but I'll bet it has come to the front of my brain 100 times.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1336
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/7/2016 2:07:27 PM   
Tim Cady

Yes Lynn, Manziel was the scariest thing we ever missed. I have actually said those (glad the vikes didn't) words....He is the type of player that can set your franchise back 3-5 years and take out a coach or two while he is at it. I was surrounded by two people, my boss at time and my son, who wanted Johnny Football, and I just did not. I was so relieved when Cleveland drafted him. I really thought we were going to get Derrick Carr. Was totally jacked when we got Bridgewater, just because I figured we had no chance at him after we took Barr at 9. How many people were bummed with Barr at 9 at the time? I wanted Mack then and a quarterback. Barr?? Oh that sounds kind of high for a tall converted running back. Thinking back to old Viking project picks.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 1337
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/9/2016 2:29:54 PM   
Bill Jandro

Mack getting a lot of love for being all-pro at positions.

Thought Mack played ILB last season but was moved outside this year and would rush the passer on obvious pass downs.

I envisioned Zim doing this with Barr but being Barr has excelled in coverage and is more of a complete player in my mind compared to Mack. Can't seem to google anything if Mack did play on the inside last season. I suspect he couldn't cover and thus was used to rush this year.

Post #: 1338
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/11/2016 5:52:46 AM   
JC2015

Amazing stat

Seahawks: 5-2 when trailing by 9 points or more in postseason since 2010 Rest of NFL is 6-41
Post #: 1339
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/11/2016 2:22:24 PM   
SoMnFan

Keep thinking you're on top of stuff, Marvin Lewis.
Keep giving them excuses.
Keep protecting them and their wrong actions.
Another embarassing presser.
Some of these guys get it, some never will.
Post #: 1340
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/11/2016 2:24:23 PM   
SoMnFan

Coughlin may end up in Philly.
Post #: 1341
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/11/2016 5:47:07 PM   
JC2015

Philly has no idea what they are doing

How about Houston?

Their coach is the biggest dumbass in the world

JJ Watt at TB with Wilfork at FB?

What type of horseshit offense was that?
Post #: 1342
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/11/2016 6:00:17 PM   
JC2015

Great point by Francesa

How come AJ Green was on the sideline celebrating instead of on the field for the 2 point conversion

That cost them a chance for a tie game
Post #: 1343
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/12/2016 4:28:49 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Great point by Francesa

How come AJ Green was on the sideline celebrating instead of on the field for the 2 point conversion

I seen that as well. Very undiciplined team. I thought AJ was a smarter football player than that. Although this does happen more than you think. Many times coaches have had to call a time out cuz the players forgot there was still a football game going on.

Post #: 1344
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/12/2016 7:58:51 PM   
David Levine

Rams to LA is now official.
Post #: 1345
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/12/2016 11:04:39 PM   
JC2015

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Great point by Francesa

I seen that as well. Very undiciplined team. I thought AJ was a smarter football player than that. Although this does happen more than you think. Many times coaches have had to call a time out cuz the players forgot there was still a football game going on.

One of the downsides of the modern athlete

Can u imagine a young WR partying so much on the sideline that he missed an important play and then had to face Page, Eller, Mean Joe, Jack Ham, etc. after the game?

It is insane how much these guys have to celebrate every single play!
Post #: 1346
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/13/2016 11:44:59 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Rams to LA is now official.

I like it. The Rams were in LA when I first started watching football. For all accounts they had a great rivalry with the 49ers and one with the Vikes in the 70s it seems. Franchise with a rich history, made the most sense for them to return to LA, as they truly were LA's team, not the Chargers or Raiders.

The Rams have been kind of stale in St Louis outside the Warner/Martz years.
Post #: 1347
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/13/2016 11:54:17 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

Coughlin may end up in Philly.

I still think Coughlin is a good coach. Sure he did have some late game blunders, though only the week 1 loss to the Cowboys do I really fault him with. The Jets INT was the right move, 4th & 2 up 10, get the 1st get the TD to go up 17 instead of 13.

If you look at that Giants team, they're incredibly thin. Aside from Eli and OBJ, they have a bad OLine, no other receivers, the worst LB core in the NFL, terrible safeties and one decent DLineman who plays with a club. How they were competitive most of the season and were in position to win as many games as they did is a testament to him IMO. They had the worst defense in the league and he was able to keep it respectable until the final 3 weeks.

His track record has proven he can quickly turn around a team.

I think the Browns could use someone like him to turn them around to at least a respectable level.
Post #: 1348
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/13/2016 3:44:08 PM   
JC2015

Is Victor Cruz ever going to salsa again?
Post #: 1349
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/13/2016 11:59:46 PM   
SoMnFan

From Insider

Using the Pro Football Focus player grades, here's a look at the top-graded player on all 32 teams, listed in alphabetical order by team:

Atlanta Falcons

WR Julio Jones: 96.0

Pro Football Focus Player Grades

Read this for more on how PFF grades every player in the league. Also, some stats, particularly sacks, are different than the league's records because PFF awards them differently.

The second-best wide receiver in the league behind Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown, Jones led the league with 1,871 yards. He had 10 drops to Brown's five, but that doesn't take away from his incredible season.

Arizona Cardinals

QB Carson Palmer: 98.5

Saving his best season for his 13th in the league, Palmer has had an MVP-caliber year in 2015. Particularly impressive going downfield, he threw for 1,123 yards on passes travelling 20 or more yards downfield.

Baltimore Ravens

OG Marshal Yanda: 92.6

It was a down season for Baltimore, but once again Yanda was at the top of his game. He allowed just one sack in pass protection and was a force in the running game.

Buffalo Bills

OG Richie Incognito: 90.0

Incognito played every snap for the Bills this season, and he had by far the best season of his career. Solid in pass protection, where he allowed two sacks, five hits and 12 hurries, he really excelled as a run-blocker, posting the second-highest PFF run-blocking grade.

Carolina Panthers

LB Luke Kuechly: 99.9

Earning the highest PFF grade ever given to a linebacker in a single season, Kuechly was incredible against the run and in coverage. He recorded 59 tackles resulting in a defensive stop and missed just six tackles.

Chicago Bears

WR Alshon Jeffery: 94.2

It's telling that Jeffery was the Bears' best player despite missing seven games, but that's how good he was when he played. He dropped only two of the 56 catchable passes thrown his way.

Cincinnati Bengals

DT Geno Atkins: 93.1

Finally getting back to his best after suffering a torn ACL in 2013, Atkins was once again Cincinnati's best player this year, racking up 15 sacks, 10 hits and 61 hurries, while impressing against the run, too.

Cleveland Browns

OT Joe Thomas: 94.3

As has been the case since he was drafted in 2007, Thomas was again the best player in Cleveland. In 753 pass-blocking snaps this year, he allowed just two sacks. For his career, he allows a sack only once every 217.5 pass-blocking snaps.

Dallas Cowboys

OT Tyron Smith: 93.3

Five sacks are the most Smith has allowed since his rookie season, but he also had his highest PFF grade as a run-blocker -- by some distance -- and allowed only 22 total pressures.

Denver Broncos

OLB Von Miller: 91.8

Miller still had a dominant season as a pass-rusher, despite posting the second-lowest sack total of his career. He had 11 sacks, 21 hits and 50 hurries, and had a positive grade against the run for the fifth straight season.

Detroit Lions

WR Calvin Johnson: 89.4

Johnson, who is contemplating retirement, remains the best Lions player. He finished the 2015 regular season with a ninth straight positive grade.

Green Bay Packers

DE Mike Daniels: 91.2

Five sacks and six hits might not seem like much, but Daniels added an impressive 42 hurries. He finished the regular season with 32 total defensive stops, proving he can handle the run, too.

Houston Texans

DE J.J. Watt: 95.8

What's ridiculous is that this was somehow a "down year" for Watt, who had been even better the past three seasons. He was still outstanding in 2015, however, racking up 18 sacks, 34 hits and 39 hurries.

Indianapolis Colts

LB Jerrell Freeman: 90.6

What an improvement from Freeman, who missed just five tackles all season after posting double-digit missed tackle numbers in his first three seasons in the league. He finished 2015 with an impressive 53 total defensive stops.

Jacksonville Jaguars

WR Allen Robinson: 87.6

In his second year in the league, Robinson averaged a whopping 17.5 yards per reception, the most of any wide receiver with more than 50 receptions.

Kansas City Chiefs

OLB Justin Houston: 92.4

Houston had eight sacks, five hits and 47 hurries in 11 games this season. He also graded positively against the run and committed just one penalty

Miami Dolphins

DE Olivier Vernon: 92.2

Vernon was fantastic in 2015, edging out the grade of teammate Ndamukong Suh. Vernon's 10 sacks might not sound dominant, but he added 30 hits and 40 hurries.

Minnesota Vikings

DT Linval Joseph: 94.2

Outstanding against the run, Joseph had his best season by some distance. He had 26 total pressures as a pass-rusher.

New York Giants

WR Odell Beckham Jr.: 89.0

It was another tremendous season for Beckham, who dropped just four of the 100 catchable passes thrown his way.

New York Jets

DT Damon Harrison: 91.3

Harrison might be a player who excels far more in one area than the other, but the man known as "Big Snacks" again feasted on opposing offensive linemen against the run. His 51 defensive stops were tied with the Rams' Aaron Donald for the most by a player on the defensive interior.

New England Patriots

TE Rob Gronkowski: 96.4

Gronkowski was his usual impressive self this season. He led all tight ends with a ridiculous 16.3 yards per reception; the next closest was at 14.8. Gronk was one of just 18 tight ends who had a positive grade as a run-blocker.

New Orleans Saints

OT Terron Armstead: 90.9

Armstead made an impressive jump in Year 3, as he allowed just three sacks this season.

Oakland Raiders

OLB Khalil Mack: 95.8

The AFC West is the place to be for pass-rushing outside linebackers, and Mack is the best of the bunch. Dominant against the run for the second year in a row, he upped his performance in 2015, finishing the season with 16 sacks, eight hits and 58 hurries.

Philadelphia Eagles

DE Fletcher Cox: 90.3

PFF's second-highest-graded 3-4 defensive end, Cox racked up 10 sacks, 13 hits and 54 hurries. He was no slouch against the run, either, finishing with 44 defensive stops.

Pittsburgh Steelers

WR Antonio Brown: 96.6

Brown was the best wide receiver in the league for the second year in a row. He forced 23 missed tackles en route to 1,834 receiving yards, and he dropped just five of the 141 catchable passes thrown his way.

San Diego Chargers

CB Jason Verrett: 86.6

It was a tough season for the Chargers, but Verrett's play was one of the few bright spots. He had just two games with a negative grade in coverage. He allowed 616 receiving yards and three touchdowns while picking off three passes and breaking up three more.

San Francisco 49ers

OT Joe Staley: 86.7

Staley has finished every season of his career with a positive PFF grade, and this year was no different. Solid both as a run-blocker and in pass protection, he didn't allow a sack or a hit in the final four games of the season.

St. Louis Rams

DT Aaron Donald: 99.9

Donald's first step is terrifying, and it helped him to one of the best seasons ever by a defensive player. He registered 11 sacks, 26 hits, 42 hurries and 51 defensive stops.

Seattle Seahawks

WR Doug Baldwin: 91.7

Boosted by a spectacular second half of the season, Baldwin was the top Seahawks receiver. He dropped only two of the 80 catchable passes thrown his way.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

RB Doug Martin: 87.8

This was the Martin of his 2012 rookie season, and then some. He forced 57 missed tackles and had the second-most rushing yards in the league.

Tennessee Titans

TE Delanie Walker: 92.1

A tight end who doesn't get the credit he deserves, Walker was very good both as a receiver and as a run-blocker. He forced 16 missed tackles in the passing game, tied for the most at the position.

Washington Redskins

OT Trent Williams: 86.5

Williams had a positive PFF grade both as a run-blocker and in pass protection for the fifth straight year. He gave up just two sacks.
Post #: 1350
Page:   <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode