Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL news

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL news Page: <<   < prev  73 74 [75] 76 77   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/9/2017 1:13:42 PM   
SoMnFan

Was wondering the circumstances behind why it would ever get "out there" ..
He sent it to a Vegas stripper he was obsessed with.
She released it to highlight "social injustice" in the NFL.
She nailed him, for sure.
Post #: 1851
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/10/2017 2:19:46 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

It could come out that any Viking player or coach was doing coke and it wouldn't make a blip on my radar. Except Priefer...I'd can that guy for littering.

I guess I'd only care about any subsequent punishments being handled out...but not the act itself.

**** all the hookers and do all the drugs you want I say.

So, you are the HC/GM/Owner, and one of your assistants is snorting lines on the clock, in your building, and you're good with that?

How fukcing difficult is it to just do that shit on your own time?
Post #: 1852
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/10/2017 8:37:09 AM   
Todd M

Yeah, NFL owners should probably care. Just like they should care about Love Boat and stairwell romps...saying I don't.
Post #: 1853
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/10/2017 11:05:22 AM   
SoMnFan

AD traded to the Cardinals

Post #: 1854
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/10/2017 2:31:03 PM   
Lynn G.

Probably a better situation for him since the Saints were RB by committee. I hope he does well ... but not too well.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1855
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/11/2017 5:36:56 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

https://sports.yahoo.com/lawsuit-adrian-peterson-defaulted-2-4-million-loan-163604015--nfl.html

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1856
RE: Around the NFL news - 11/20/2017 12:09:35 PM   
David Levine

Former NFL wide receiver Terry Glenn was killed Monday morning in a car accident in Irving, Texas, according to media reports.

He was 43 years old.

The Dallas County medical examiner's office later confirmed Glenn's death saying the cause was a "suspected motor vehicle accident."

Police say the vehicle that Glenn was traveling in was headed eastbound on a highway and crashed into a concrete barrier which divides the express lanes from other lanes. The driver was ejected from the car, and another passenger suffered minor injuries.

Glenn played for 12 seasons in the NFL with the New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers and spent his final five seasons with the Dallas Cowboys.

Glenn was an All-American at Ohio State and won the Biletnikoff Award as the top wide receiver in the nation.

He was drafted by the Patriots in the first round of the 1996 NFL draft and caught 90 passes in his first season, setting a then-NFL record.

Glenn had 593 receptions for 8,823 yards and 44 touchdowns in his career.
Post #: 1857
RE: Around the NFL news - 11/20/2017 8:00:42 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Former NFL wide receiver Terry Glenn was killed Monday morning in a car accident in Irving, Texas, according to media reports.

He was 43 years old.

The Dallas County medical examiner's office later confirmed Glenn's death saying the cause was a "suspected motor vehicle accident."

Police say the vehicle that Glenn was traveling in was headed eastbound on a highway and crashed into a concrete barrier which divides the express lanes from other lanes. The driver was ejected from the car, and another passenger suffered minor injuries.

Glenn played for 12 seasons in the NFL with the New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers and spent his final five seasons with the Dallas Cowboys.

Glenn was an All-American at Ohio State and won the Biletnikoff Award as the top wide receiver in the nation.

He was drafted by the Patriots in the first round of the 1996 NFL draft and caught 90 passes in his first season, setting a then-NFL record.

A "suspected motor vehicle accident." You can't get anything past those Texans.
Post #: 1858
RE: Around the NFL news - 11/21/2017 9:21:48 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

He was 43 years old.

And the argument for seatbelt use will get blown over once again. Two occupants in the car. ONE had a seatbelt on and suffered only minor injuries, the other didn't, was ejected from the car and died. Same thing happened with Derek Thomas.

Put your damn seatbelt on. It literally saves lives.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1859
RE: Around the NFL news - 11/21/2017 10:07:51 AM   
David F.

quote:

I know people who will defiantly listen to the vehicle beep incessantly while not wearing their seatbelt. It's so weird. I don't even know what to say to them. It's not like they don't hear the beep so I don't know if I should tell them also? I assume I'm going to get a lecture on freedom if I say anything. It's weird.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1860
RE: Around the NFL news - 11/21/2017 10:23:33 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I won’t drive without my seatbelt and I won’t ride with a driver who won’t wear one.

It’s not an encumbrance or limiting and it sets an example for my daughter and wife..

Daughter has no choice, given the laws and child restraint seat construction and its only fair to her that we do it as well.

Anyone who defies or refuses based on freedom vs mandate should just go chug some draino....they tell you not to do that, as well...

Idiots.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/21/2017 10:26:36 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1861
RE: Around the NFL news - 11/21/2017 8:00:48 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

I know people who will defiantly listen to the vehicle beep incessantly while not wearing their seatbelt. It's so weird. I don't even know what to say to them. It's not like they don't hear the beep so I don't know if I should tell them also? I assume I'm going to get a lecture on freedom if I say anything. It's weird.

You know where we live.
"less guberment! Now!"
Post #: 1862
RE: Around the NFL news - 12/3/2017 11:57:36 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Just woke up working 4:30 pm to 3:00 am shift

I’m ready for football!!

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1863
RE: Around the NFL news - 12/3/2017 11:59:09 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Just woke up working 4:30 pm to 3:00 am shift

I’m ready for football!!

Another hard core who gets up in time for games, no matter the work sched.
Hope you get a good one, DanO!
Post #: 1864
RE: Around the NFL news - 12/4/2017 10:52:44 AM   
SoMnFan

McAdoo and the GM both out in NY
No surprise
Post #: 1865
RE: Around the NFL news - 12/12/2017 3:14:55 PM   
Trekgeekscott

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/12/media/nfl-network-sexual-harassment-marshall-faulk-warren-sapp/index.html

Marshall Faulk, Warren Sapp, Eric Davis and others suspended amid accusations of sexual harassment.

Well Sapp was fired a couple years ago for propositioning a prostitute. But all are listed in a lawsuit

Can't say I'm surprised. I am sure they got away with far worse in their playing days. Which is probably why they thought they could do it in their broadcasting career.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1866
RE: Around the NFL news - 12/16/2017 2:00:14 PM   
Bill Jandro

Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson Is Under Investigation Over Misconduct Accusations

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/15/sports/football/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-investigation.html

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1867
RE: Around the NFL news - 12/30/2017 8:35:03 PM   
SoMnFan

Oakland is preparing to pursue ESPN analyst Jon Gruden with an offer so strong it could even include an ownership stake in the Raiders, according to league sources.

Gruden will be tempted to accept it, according to sources, but would prefer not to make any decisions until the regular season finishes Sunday and the Raiders make a final determination on their current head coach, Jack Del Rio, who signed a contract extension last summer.

But Oakland long has appealed to Gruden for a variety of reasons. He would return to an organization he didn't want to leave in 2001, he would inherit a young quarterback in Derek Carr whom he feels strongly about, and he would get to coach a team that is slated to move in 2020 to Las Vegas, where he would not have to pay state tax, as he does now in Florida, where he currently lives. Gruden's contract even could be backloaded to pay him more in the Nevada years and lessen his tax burden during the Oakland ones.
Post #: 1868
RE: Around the NFL news - 12/30/2017 10:31:59 PM   
SoMnFan

The Indianapolis Colts are expected to part ways with coach Chuck Pagano, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Colts, 3-12 and last in the AFC South entering their season finale against the 4-11 Houston Texans on Sunday, have missed the playoffs each of the past three years and have struggled this season without injured star quarterback Andrew Luck.

This season will be the team's worst since Indianapolis finished 2-14 in 2011.
Post #: 1869
RE: Around the NFL news - 12/31/2017 7:25:57 PM   
SoMnFan

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Jack Del Rio has been fired as coach of the Oakland Raiders, ending his three-year tenure after a disappointing 6-10 record this season.

The firing comes after Del Rio signed a four-year contract extension last offseason.

"Today was kind of a microcosm of our season," Del Rio said after the Raiders' 30-10 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday. "The opportunities and lack of production really not good enough, really disappointing."

Seen as a Super Bowl contender heading into 2017, the Raiders took a big step backward -- particularly on offense -- and wound up out of the playoffs.

The Raiders evidently are ready to make wholesale changes, however, as the organization is preparing to pursue ESPN analyst Jon Gruden with a strong offer that could include an ownership stake in the team, league sources told ESPN this past weekend.

Del Rio said owner Mark Davis informed him of his firing after Sunday's game.
Post #: 1870
RE: Around the NFL news - 1/1/2018 9:35:52 AM   
Bill Jandro

Report: Gruden to Raiders is 'going to happen' and he wants Jets OC in Oakland

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1871
RE: Around the NFL news - 1/1/2018 10:04:40 AM   
thebigo

You keep hearing that the Bears are going to want to bring in Shurmur as their "Quarterback whisperer" for Trubisky. Thing is who was the HC they shit canned for Fox. The original quarterback whisperer (and Minnesotas own) Mark Trestman
Post #: 1872
RE: Around the NFL news - 1/1/2018 10:05:52 AM   
thebigo

Gruden will flame out in Oakland. The ghost of Al Davis lives. At least the ghost of senile Al Davis.
Post #: 1873
RE: Around the NFL news - 1/1/2018 10:34:38 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Gruden will flame out in Oakland. The ghost of Al Davis lives. At least the ghost of senile Al Davis.

But will he flame out in Vegas?
Post #: 1874
RE: Around the NFL news - 1/1/2018 3:06:08 PM   
DeLain

Leading candidates

Here's the short list of NFL assistants who figure to get a look in the coming weeks, based on recent conversations Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero have had with team executives and others:

Patriots OC Josh McDaniels

Vikings OC Pat Shurmur

Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo

Chiefs OC Matt Nagy

Patriots DC Matt Patricia

Eagles DC Jim Schwartz

Panthers DC Steve Wilks

Chiefs STC Dave Toub

Eagles OC Frank Reich

Texans DC Mike Vrabel

Saints AHC/TE coach Dan Campbell

Seahawks AHC/OL coach Tom Cable

Steelers OC Todd Haley

Vikings DC George Edwards

Lions DC Teryl Austin

Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak

Seahawks DC Kris Richard

Saints DC Dennis Allen

Eagles STC Dave Fipp

Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter

Bears DC Vic Fangio

Cardinals DC James Bettcher

Buccaneers DC Mike Smith
Post #: 1875
Page:   <<   < prev  73 74 [75] 76 77   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL news Page: <<   < prev  73 74 [75] 76 77   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode