Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL Page: <<   < prev  72 73 [74] 75 76   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL - 9/24/2017 8:19:57 PM   
SoMnFan

First time ever ... I have agreed with Rex Ryan.
He's come to his senses. Finally. Nice to see.
THAT is a flip I can respect.

https://www.facebook.com/ESPN/videos/1797818376931577/
Post #: 1826
RE: Around the NFL - 9/24/2017 9:29:49 PM   
SoMnFan

So much for a Raiders resurgence
Cousins rippin them up tonight
The inconsistent NFL. Sigh.
Post #: 1827
RE: Around the NFL - 9/25/2017 5:59:58 AM   
JC2015

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Agreed

I have never been a Carr fan and I am still not

Brutally bad

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 1828
RE: Around the NFL - 9/25/2017 9:05:55 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

NOt verified but...

THE STEEL CURTAIN!
THE STEELERS HAVE ANNOUNCED THAT THE TEAM WILL NOT COME OUT FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM

S.O.B!!!!!!!!!

I just heard that the reason Tomlin made that decision was that he didn't want his players to have to choose which stance they would take. I can respect him taking that off their shoulders.

Now that they've seen how well it went for other teams, I'll bet next week they'll be out there and their players will do whichever way they choose as the other NFL teams did this week.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1829
RE: Around the NFL - 9/25/2017 9:46:44 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

Agreed

Brutally bad

Carr got so used to not seeing any pressure last season, that he had no clue how to play against quick and constant pressure. Play calling didn't help him much either.

In a strange way, it's good to have a QB that faces pressure. Sometimes you are going to have to perform when the conditions are not best.
Post #: 1830
RE: Around the NFL - 9/25/2017 10:37:24 AM   
JTC2017

I don't believe in QBs until they win a big game

Jury is stilll out on Carr

2016 Vikings Defense: "You can't throw passes from your ass!"
Post #: 1831
RE: Around the NFL - 9/25/2017 10:42:08 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

Agreed

Brutally bad

Carr got so used to not seeing any pressure last season, that he had no clue how to play against quick and constant pressure. Play calling didn't help him much either.

In a strange way, it's good to have a QB that faces pressure. Sometimes you are going to have to perform when the conditions are not best.

He looked like a poor man's David Carr.
Post #: 1832
RE: Around the NFL - 9/25/2017 10:43:18 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

Agreed

Brutally bad

He looked like a poor man's David Carr.

Which is not easy to do.
Post #: 1833
Sproles done? - 9/25/2017 3:10:07 PM   
JC2015

The great little back Darren Sproles may be finished

Broken arm + torn ACL ends his season

On top of that, he was already considering retirement

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 1834
RE: Sproles done? - 9/26/2017 8:34:55 AM   
JTC2017

The new Charlie Checkdown

Derek Carr: 43.9 Total QBR. Carr hasn't completed a pass thrown more than 20 yards downfield this season. The short-passing attack worked over the first few weeks, but Carr didn't come through when it got shut down in Week 3. With the Broncos and Ravens coming up, Carr will need to show he can go vertical again.

2016 Vikings Defense: "You can't throw passes from your ass!"
Post #: 1835
RE: Sproles done? - 9/28/2017 7:21:42 AM   
Bill Jandro

Oakland Raiders ditching offensive coordinator, despite owning AFC's No. 2 offense

OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 10 (UPI) -- It's a risky maneuver for a team that just had its first winning season since 2002, but the Oakland Raiders are switching up its coaching staff.

The Raiders are promoting quarterbacks coach Todd Downing to offensive coordinator, replacing Bill Musgrave, according to multiple reports. Defensive backs coach Marcus Robertson will also not return to the team, while defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. is coming back, despite coaching the league's No. 26 ranked defense.

I was surprised they fired Musgrave after last season.

The Raiders had the No. 2 offense in the AFC this season behind quarterback Derek Carr. Carr and Musgrave's unit scored 26 points per game, good for No. 7 in the NFL, and averaged 373.3 yards per contest. MMQB's Albert Breer reported that the Raiders blocked Downing from "interviewing for offensive coordinator jobs elsewhere..." because "they didn't want to lose him."

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1836
RE: Sproles done? - 10/6/2017 8:16:46 AM   
SoMnFan

Maybe the worst display of place-kicking ever last night in Tampa
By the time he was done, the Bucs kicker wasn't even getting booed, he was THAT bad.
Simply felt sorry for the guy. They've developed a curse there that seems to be unbreakable.
Post #: 1837
RE: Sproles done? - 10/6/2017 9:26:49 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I feel really bad for them
Post #: 1838
RE: Sproles done? - 10/6/2017 9:30:29 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Hope that didn't come across ... cuz I sure don't either
Am always glad to see others suffer like we do.
Post #: 1839
RE: Sproles done? - 10/6/2017 10:43:16 AM   
JT2

quote:

By the time he was done, the Bucs kicker wasn't even getting booed, he was THAT bad.
Simply felt sorry for the guy. They've developed a curse there that seems to be unbreakable.

He should have just guessed and aimed at one of the pylon's.
Post #: 1840
RE: Sproles done? - 10/6/2017 10:54:53 AM   
David Levine

quote:

He's 2/7 on FGs and 3/4 on PATs the past 2 weeks.

Makes you wonder if Roberto Aguayo is salvageable?

(Although probably not with our ST coach...)
Post #: 1841
RE: Sproles done? - 10/6/2017 1:14:44 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Hope that didn't come across ... cuz I sure don't either
Am always glad to see others suffer like we do.

Nah man. I was laughing cause if any fanbase knows about being cursed…….it's good to welcome others to the party.
Post #: 1842
RE: Sproles done? - 10/6/2017 2:54:58 PM   
thebigo

quote:

A curse? They just freakin stink.

Hoisflamer sure knows how to pick 'em.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 10/6/2017 8:28:28 PM >
Post #: 1843
RE: Sproles done? - 10/7/2017 6:02:06 PM   
marty

I read that former USFL team owner Donald Trump's revenge on the NFL has already gotten a 10% drop on NFL ratings from supporters banning the NFL.
Post #: 1844
RE: Sproles done? - 10/7/2017 7:10:44 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Were you staying at a Trump hotel?
Post #: 1845
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/7/2017 9:31:46 PM   
Lynn G.

I think that our short-memory population will resume watching the same amount of football as they did two weeks ago.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1846
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/9/2017 8:32:03 AM   
SoMnFan

The Miami Dolphins said Sunday night that they are aware of a video that appears to show offensive line coach Chris Foerster snorting a white powder off a table before a meeting.

"We were just made aware of the video and will have no comment at this time," the team said in a statement.

The Miami Herald reported, citing league sources, that there will be an investigation into the video, and Foerster's future with the team is expected to be determined as early as Monday.

In the video, the man -- whom multiple sources have identified as Foerster -- is seen using a $20 bill to snort the powdery substance off a table while speaking into the camera, saying, "Hey, I miss you. ... Thinking about you. ... How about me going to a meeting and doing this before I go."

Dolphins coach Adam Gase told ESPN on Sunday night that he just found out about the video and is processing the situation. Foerster would not comment when ESPN reached out Sunday night.

Foerster is in the second season of his second stint with the Dolphins. He was promoted to run game coordinator/offensive line coach in February. He has been an assistant coach with eight teams since starting with the Minnesota Vikings in 1992.

Foerster, who turns 56 on Thursday, is one of the highest-paid assistant coaches in the NFL, at a salary valued between $2.5 million and $3 million a year.
Post #: 1847
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/9/2017 8:43:04 AM   
Todd M

Like a lot of things...probably a lot of guys doing it...just most not dumb enough to do it on camera. THAT makes the guy an idiot. Couldn't care less what people put in their bodies.
Post #: 1848
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/9/2017 8:46:55 AM   
Todd M

It could come out that any Viking player or coach was doing coke and it wouldn't make a blip on my radar. Except Priefer...I'd can that guy for littering.

I guess I'd only care about any subsequent punishments being handled out...but not the act itself.

**** all the hookers and do all the drugs you want I say.
Post #: 1849
RE: Around the NFL news - 10/9/2017 11:56:10 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I have to say...

Wtf are you thinking doing that in front of a camera and mentioning that you are about to go to a meeting?

It just confirms my feeling that idiots can get paid more money than I will ever see in multiple lifetimes, while millions of people who work actual jobs under ridiculous “codes of conduct and Human Resources requirements “ struggle to live a normal life on less than 30 k per year for their entire life.

In Nebraska. He would be in jail awaiting a bond hearing, where he would get a slap on the wrist, minimal bond, and a deal cut to keep him out of jail within hours, because he would have a high priced lawyer to manipulate the system.

Meanwhile a family man, who is a veteran, would sit in jail for months on hearsay charges founded on perjury and a false official statement for months because it would take him that long to find a lawyer by mortgaging his future and retirement to hire more than a worthless “ public defender “....

There is very little “ justice” involved in the “criminal justice system”, like everything else in America, “justice” is for sale for a price...

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1850
Page:   <<   < prev  72 73 [74] 75 76   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL Page: <<   < prev  72 73 [74] 75 76   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode