Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL Page: <<   < prev  69 70 71 72 [73]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL - 8/11/2017 1:45:58 PM   
SoMnFan

Bills ship Watkins to the Rams?
Not a great way to bolster your young QBs confidence.
Post #: 1801
RE: Around the NFL - 8/11/2017 8:44:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Anyone going to the rally by Spike Lee for Kapernick (LOL, they spelled his f'ng name wrong. What a joke) in NYC??

I'm going to the one in Edina.
Post #: 1802
RE: Around the NFL - 8/12/2017 7:47:04 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Is that the one for Kipernickly or Kapsaasum?
Post #: 1803
RE: Around the NFL - 8/12/2017 9:00:12 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Anyone going to the rally by Spike Lee for Kapernick (LOL, they spelled his f'ng name wrong. What a joke) in NYC??

I'm going to the one in Edina.

Have you been going to any of the Indivisible Edina meetings? I signed up to get their e-mails, with the intention of attending, but I haven't yet.

www.bluespectrumbooks.com
Post #: 1804
RE: Around the NFL - 8/12/2017 12:30:47 PM   
SoMnFan

TAMPA, Fla. - After a disastrous start to the preseason, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have waived kicker Roberto Aguayo.

Aguayo missed an extra point in the second quarter against the Cincinnati Bengals Friday night. He was then brought out late in the fourth quarter on a 47-yard attempt. The ball sailed wide right.

His one made field goal was a 20-yard kick on the Bucs' opening possession.

"Honestly, the extra point felt good. I know I pushed it a little bit, and I felt hopefully it would stay in but it broke right. Unlucky," Aguayo said after the game. "That last one, I was just trying to put a good hit on it. I hit it good. It was starting down the line and it just kept fading. Not what I wanted. Obviously not up to the standards that I want. You just have to keep your head up move on to the next day."

Veteran Nick Folk, who was brought in to push and possibly beat out Aguayo, made his lone attempt from 45 yards.

The Bucs traded into the second round of the 2016 draft to select Aguayo, making him the highest-drafted kicker since mike Nugent in 2005.

Aguayo had made 96.73 percent of his kicks at Florida State - the most accurate of any kicker in college football history.

Aguayo struggled his rookie season though, going 22-of-31 on field goal attempts and 32-of-34 on extra points. His 71 percent on field goals was the lowest of any kicker in the NFL.

That's been painful to watch.
Post #: 1805
RE: Around the NFL - 8/12/2017 1:46:57 PM   
David Levine

Amazing story. To trade up into the 2nd round for a kicker is shocking enough. Then to cut him after one season....
Post #: 1806
RE: Around the NFL - 8/12/2017 2:16:50 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Amazing story. To trade up into the 2nd round for a kicker is shocking enough. Then to cut him after one season....

Watched a couple games of theirs last year, and you could literally FEEL the pressure on him.
It was a doomed story from the start, and very uncomfy to watch.
Post #: 1807
RE: Around the NFL - 8/13/2017 6:38:44 AM   
JC2015

Comments that Ezekial Elliott "needs to mature" are a perfect example of the problem we have with domestic abuse.

If he is guilty of abusing his girlfriend several times this is not a maturity issue - it is a criminal and mental health issue!

Boys don't beat their girlfriends and then "mature" as men and stop doing it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20329845/ezekiel-elliott-understands-needs-mature-according-hall-famer-friend-marshall-faulk

2016 is FINALLY the Vikings year!
Post #: 1808
RE: Around the NFL - 8/13/2017 1:43:17 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

My sources informed me that Hoisflamer was the driving force behind that trade/pick. "We have to throw all our resources at PK. Early and late."
Post #: 1809
Page:   <<   < prev  69 70 71 72 [73]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL Page: <<   < prev  69 70 71 72 [73]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode