Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 10:22:55 AM   
SoMnFan

No doubt guys
Even with all the choking, they had the game won.
Fall forward, kick the FG, game over.
Once again, overthought the moment. NE never does that.
A couple miracle Giant catches keep this team from being Yankee dominant.
Post #: 4726
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 10:25:54 AM   
SoMnFan

And I'll throw out my worst, most-controversial statement ...
NE makes all of us smaller, slower, white boys believe we could have played, man.
Post #: 4727
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 10:28:03 AM   
SoMnFan

Seeing Atlantas records for futility in the major sports yesterday was eye-opening.
Unfortunately, we know their pain.
Post #: 4728
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 10:39:44 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

And I'll throw out my worst, most-controversial statement ...
NE makes all of us smaller, slower, white boys believe we could have played, man.

Only time the Pats looked really foolish was having Ninkovich cover a back.

I thought ATL's backs in the pass game were going to win the game for them, before Sunday's game.

They nearly did. But the Falcons tried to out-smart everyone, vs doing what works.

Holding called when it needed to be called on the o-line. both sides. Amazing how that works.

Having to score twice and covert on 2pt twice was clutch.

ATL using a challenge on that catch just above the ground was a bad decision. Needed that one to regroup before the last 2 pt conversion.

NE finds guys. Some no-name scat back has a pile of catches and runs the winning score, when Blount didn't have a game.

Rook WR steps in with a pile of catches.

No wonder they jettison guys who whine about salary. They are the most non-me-first team in pro sports.

Vikes could learn A LOT from this.

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 2/6/2017 10:40:50 AM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4729
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 10:42:58 AM   
SoMnFan

The two two-point conversions were the biggest plays
NE took no time out, had no confusion, knew what they'd run, ran it, and expected to score.

Calm management and leadership is what wins big games
Post #: 4730
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 10:47:34 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

NE took no time out, had no confusion, knew what they'd run, ran it, and expected to score.

I cannot see the Vikings EVER pulling a comeback like that off.

They'd piss all over themselves on the 2 pt conversions.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4731
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 10:54:17 AM   
SoMnFan

Next year Pats have $61mil in cap room.
Post #: 4732
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 10:55:54 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Next year Pats have $61mil in cap room.

The player's union will probably file some sort of complaint about it.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4733
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 10:59:19 AM   
SoMnFan

No one does things like them, on or off the field.
As Ed said, one or two main weapons struggling?
No big deal. Go to the next guy, he WILL.
Unknown RBs, Unknown WRs, unknown DBs, makes no difference.
You're here to learn and play when we need you, not when you need us.
Post #: 4734
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 12:22:44 PM   
ronhextall

The conversation at our house was, "If the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl I can see them losing exactly like that".

I feel for them, if that was the Vikings I would lose sleep over a loss like that. Might even distance myself from following the team. It was an inexcusable collapse IMO.

Like so many said, run three times and take the FG and the game.

I also noticed when they were way head in second half they snapped the ball a couple of times with around 20 seconds on the play clock. Reminded me of Robert Smith running out of bounds in final drive of 98.

No team should "play their game" ever. You need to play "the game going on right now".

The Patriots are so far above the rest of the league mentally it is almost too wide of gap to accept. Most NFL games you can sit at home at watch from the couch and say "I wouldn't do that...don't waste a timeout there....milk the clock...stay in bounds...ect....". With the Patriots it is almost the opposite, you learn something. Like in the Super Bowl against Seattle at the goal line, the Patriots almost forced Seattle to pass by not calling a timeout.

Brady is darn good but Bill Belichick should be paid more than any player in the NFL and I don't see how it is debatable.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 2/6/2017 12:40:20 PM >
Post #: 4735
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 12:52:23 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

The conversation at our house was, "If the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl I can see them losing exactly like that".

I feel for them, if that was the Vikings I would lose sleep over a loss like that. Might even distance myself from following the team. It was an inexcusable collapse IMO.

I also noticed when they were way head in second half they snapped the ball a couple of times with around 20 seconds on the play clock. Reminded me of Robert Smith running out of bounds in final drive of 98.

No team should "play their game" ever. You need to play "the game going on right now".

The Patriots are so far above the rest of the league mentally it is almost too wide of gap to accept. Most NFL games you can sit at home at watch from the couch and say "I wouldn't do that...don't waste a timeout there....milk the clock...stay in bounds...ect....". With the Patriots it is almost the opposite, you learn something. Like in the Super Bowl against Seattle at the goal line, the Patriots almost forced Seattle to pass by not calling a timeout.

Brady is darn good but Bill Belichick should be paid more than any player in the NFL and I don't see how it is debatable.

I would rather have the Packers get blown out in the NFC championship game (which they were) then to lose like the Falcons did in the Super Bowl.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 4736
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 12:53:12 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

We would have kicked the extra point (and probably missed it)
Post #: 4737
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 1:14:36 PM   
Corleone

quote:

What's it gonna be this time, whiners?
More deflated FB bullshit?
More "they cheat" bullshit?

GoAT

Team
QB
Coach

Winners win.
Losers look for reasons why winners win.

Figured you'd be happy.

That was about the most "Minnesota" loss I've ever seen. I never thought a scenario existed where I would feel sorry for Falcons fans...

Total
System
Failure
Post #: 4738
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 2:40:44 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

I can see the Vikings choking a lead like that (if they could EVER get a lead like that). Oh wait, I think we have seen this act before.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 4739
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2017 2:42:07 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

They would have wasted a timeout on each two-point conversion try; followed by illegal procedure, illegal formation, or a holding penalty to put them further back, and then the ultimate failed conversion attempt.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 4740
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/7/2017 8:23:11 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Nailed it
The one team I actually ever learn something from.
I stopped second-guessing them longggg ago.
Every other team would have botched those two point tries.
They never even needed a timeout. Tells you all you need to know about smarts and preparation.
There's no one like them. It's not even close.
Post #: 4741
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/8/2017 12:33:26 PM   
Mr. Ed

SI.com predicts first 3 rounds

Philly takes Dalvin Cook/FLA ST with Vike's 1st rounder

2nd round

ANTONIO GARCIA
OT, TROY
The Vikings’ first pick of the draft goes to their long-troublesome tackle spot. Give it a year or two and Garcia might be a dominant left tackle.​

3rd round

MARCUS MAYE
S, FLORIDA

And Miami's pick

ALVIN KAMARA
RB, TENNESSEE

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4742
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/28/2017 1:09:11 PM   
Mr. Ed

Saw a "tweet" that says Oakland may be where he winds up.

The Minnesota Vikings have declined Adrian Peterson's 2017 contract option, according to a statement from the team.

Peterson, whose future has been the subject of endless speculation, will officially become a free agent on March 9th, the day the 2017 season officially begins.

While Peterson will be able to seek pastures anew in free agency, Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman is leaving all doors open to a potential return -- given an agreement between the two parties can be reached.

“Adrian is an important part of the Minnesota Vikings organization,” Spielman said in the release. “We will continue to have conversations with his representatives and leave our future options open while determining what is best for both parties moving forward.”

Although the move itself comes as no surprise given Peterson's massive contract, it will still come as a shock to Vikings fans and the NFL, as the future Hall of Fame running back has spent his entire career in Minnesota since being drafted in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft. While Spielman has publicly stated that all doors remain open, it's likely spells the end of Peterson's tenure with the Vikings.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4743
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/28/2017 1:12:24 PM   
SoMnFan

Might know he'd haunt me on da Raiders now .... typical.
Post #: 4744
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/7/2017 5:37:10 PM   
Boyd Tesch

And South Dakota native #52 calls it a career. 11 years in the NFL not bad coming from 9 man football
Post #: 4745
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/7/2017 10:15:46 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boyd Tesch

And South Dakota native #52 calls it a career. 11 years in the NFL not bad coming from 9 man football

Never a superstar on the field, but always very solid and productive on the field. A superstar off the field. Great to have him as a Viking. I wish AP was half the man he was.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 4746
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/8/2017 6:41:00 AM   
TJSweens

What do you mean? AP fathered 10 times as many children out of wedlock as Greenway did in his marriage.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 4747
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/9/2017 6:38:01 AM   
Mr. Ed

Cam Newton should be concerned

Matt Kalil is on track to join his brother Ryan on the Carolina Panthers' offensive line.

The former Minnesota Vikings offensive tackle is expected to sign with the Panthers, barring any snags in final negotiations, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4748
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/9/2017 11:00:28 AM   
Corleone

quote:

Matt Kalil is on track to join his brother Ryan on the Carolina Panthers' offensive line.

The former Minnesota Vikings offensive tackle is expected to sign with the Panthers, barring any snags in final negotiations, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Bum. Good riddance...

Total
System
Failure
Post #: 4749
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/9/2017 3:45:43 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Corleone

quote:

Bum. Good riddance...

ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the Minnesota Vikings have landed themselves an offensive linemen.

Former Detroit Lions tackle Riley Reiff reportedly plans to sign with the Vikings.

Reiff has played both left and right tackle during his career in Detroit. He was moved to the right side last year after the Lions drafted Taylor Decker.

It is unclear whether the Vikings plan to use him as a left or right tackle, but his Pro Football Focus ratings on the left side were actually better than the right.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4750
Page:   <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode