Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  189 190 [191] 192 193   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/9/2017 4:02:37 PM   
Corleone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Corleone

quote:

Cam Newton should be concerned

Matt Kalil is on track to join his brother Ryan on the Carolina Panthers' offensive line.

The former Minnesota Vikings offensive tackle is expected to sign with the Panthers, barring any snags in final negotiations, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Bum. Good riddance...

ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the Minnesota Vikings have landed themselves an offensive linemen.

Former Detroit Lions tackle Riley Reiff reportedly plans to sign with the Vikings.

Reiff has played both left and right tackle during his career in Detroit. He was moved to the right side last year after the Lions drafted Taylor Decker.

It is unclear whether the Vikings plan to use him as a left or right tackle, but his Pro Football Focus ratings on the left side were actually better than the right.

Well, it's something....even if his "VORP" is 0, that's a massive upgrade over what they had.

Total
System
Failure
Post #: 4751
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/10/2017 6:40:52 AM   
Mr. Ed

Time to panic

No team entered the offseason needing more help at offensive line than the Minnesota Vikings, who at most have two returning starters from 2016. Unfortunately for them, the demand for quality linemen far outweighed the supply. And double unfortunately: The Vikings declined to get caught up in the bidding wars that erupted for those who were available.

In the end, the Vikings had signed only one potential starter, Riley Reiff. He could be a serviceable right tackle, or a desperation left tackle, but it's worth noting that the Detroit Lions -- after five seasons with him -- decided to replace him with free-agent Rick Wagner. Realistically, the Vikings still need a left tackle, one starting guard and perhaps a center as well. That puts a lot of pressure on their draft, especially when you consider they don't have a first-round draft choice.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4752
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/10/2017 9:17:38 AM   
Trekgeekscott

It's not time to panic. We are one day into Free Agency
We are looking at other Olinemen
We don't need probowlers we just need solid guys that tend to stay healthy.
We just need average Oline play and this team is a Superbowl contender.

I would love them to sign Beachum and Mangold, someone for half a season of backup QB until Teddy can come off of IR. and finally pick up a couple RBs in a deep RB draft. Draft an olineman or two and win

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4753
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 3/15/2017 11:57:22 PM   
SoMnFan

Sooo happy for this dude.

Adam Thielen has agreed to terms on a three-year extension that will keep the Vikings receiver in his home state for seasons to come, a league source told the Star Tribune.

Thielen receives $11 million guaranteed on his new contract, the source said, and will be signed through the 2020 season. The deal has a base value of $17 million and he can earn up to $27 million with incentives.

TheVikings had placed a second-round tender on Thielen, a restricted free agent, with the goal of continuing talks on a long-term deal.

Thielen, 26, has become one of the NFL’s best undrafted-to-starter stories since he graduated from Minnesota State-Mankato after growing up in Detroit Lakes, Minn.

He enjoyed a breakout season last fall in which he nearly became the franchise’s first 1,000-yard receiver in seven years. Thielen, one of the NFL’s most effective deep threats last season, caught 69 passes for 967 yards and five touchdowns as the Vikings’ leading receiver while making $600,000.

Love how stupid he makes the haters look.
Post #: 4754
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 4/24/2017 2:58:05 PM   
SoMnFan

AD close to signing with the Saints
Oh my.
Post #: 4755
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 4/24/2017 3:58:16 PM   
TJSweens

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 4756
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 4/24/2017 4:19:10 PM   
Tim Cady

As luck would have it, the Saints visit Minnesota in Week 1 for a Monday Night Football showdown with Peterson's former Vikings teammates.

Watch the NFL Draft LIVE on Thursday at 8 p.m. ET on NFL Network

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 4757
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 4/25/2017 12:18:36 PM   
TJSweens

They are all ready calling him Fumblaya.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 4758
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 4/25/2017 1:31:07 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

They are all ready calling him Fumblaya.

Well done Tim

Well done

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 4759
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 4/25/2017 1:38:04 PM   
MDK

Fumblaya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lfZg-apSA

Go to 2:28

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 4760
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/1/2017 8:46:47 AM   
bstinger

Any thoughts on the draft Twins fans?

I think I like the first 2 picks. Don't know much about the rest. Was hoping for some help at Safety though.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 4761
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/1/2017 1:39:18 PM   
Lynn G.

My conclusion? The Bucky Hodges era has begun!

Not saying I had ever heard of him, but you have to love that name. As soon as I heard the pick my gut response was: "Championship!"

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 4762
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/1/2017 1:48:44 PM   
TJSweens

I'm bummed out that we didn't draft Butt.

Post #: 4763
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/1/2017 2:03:41 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Any thoughts on the draft Twins fans?

I think I like the first 2 picks. Don't know much about the rest. Was hoping for some help at Safety though.

Tough to follow all the deals and moves ... Still tabulating.
Post #: 4764
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/1/2017 3:08:41 PM   
McMurfy

A few more playmakers on offense, enough defense to stay honest.

I like the depth building going on, will allow us to draft a stud OT or BPA
next year without having to reach to fill a position.

Still would like to see some help at WR and QB down the road as well.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 4765
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/10/2017 2:24:32 PM   
Mr. Ed

Wide receiver Michael Floyd is signing a one-year deal with the Minnesota Vikings, a league source confirmed to ESPN's Ben Goessling.

Floyd, a native of Minnesota, finished last season with the New England Patriots, who claimed him off waivers in December after he was released by the Arizona Cardinals following an arrest on charges of driving under the influence and failure to obey a police officer.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4766
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/10/2017 2:26:26 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Wide receiver Michael Floyd is signing a one-year deal with the Minnesota Vikings, a league source confirmed to ESPN's Ben Goessling.

Floyd, a native of Minnesota, finished last season with the New England Patriots, who claimed him off waivers in December after he was released by the Arizona Cardinals following an arrest on charges of driving under the influence and failure to obey a police officer.

Just saw it pop thru Ed....$1.5 million base and up to 6 million in incentives.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 4767
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/10/2017 5:30:13 PM   
SoMnFan

Good signing IMO
Give him a try
Post #: 4768
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/11/2017 9:42:37 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Good signing IMO
Give him a try

Here's what they need to do.

1. Get him some rehab
2. Hire a driver to drive him everywhere.

I am not excited by the signing. I know he's a gifted athlete, but he's a timebomb. And we don't know when it's going to blow next.

It they can keep him sober he may very well be a great addition and the contract itself is clearly a prove it type deal. So I will root for him. But wont be surprised if he flames out.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4769
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/23/2017 9:27:33 PM   
djskillz

Anyone else excited about the Teddy news?

I like Sam, and man, the odds are still stacked against Teddy. But wow. If the kid doesn't make it, it sure won't be from a lack of hard work. Rooting for him about as much as any MN sports figure I can remember to succeed at this point.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 4770
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/23/2017 9:33:29 PM   
SoMnFan

Seems like an unreal progression.
Hope they stay calm and take their time.
We are in good hands until he gets right.
Post #: 4771
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/23/2017 9:36:17 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

Anyone else excited about the Teddy news?

I like Sam, and man, the odds are still stacked against Teddy. But wow. If the kid doesn't make it, it sure won't be from a lack of hard work. Rooting for him about as much as any MN sports figure I can remember to succeed at this point.

What's the news?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4772
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 5/24/2017 7:46:52 AM   
TJSweens

The only news I have heard is that he is throwing. I have no reason to be optimistic until he is actually in a game and takes a hit. Nobody is more in Teddy's corner than I am. I actually wanted the Vikes to just take him at 8. Even I am very pessimistic about him being a starting QB again. Everything I have read about his injury makes it sound like it was about as thorough a destruction of a knee that can happen without losing the lower leg. In fact the papers said that was a very real possibility if the Vikings medical staff hadn't acted so fast in popping his knee back together. This was not some garden variety ACL injury. Nobody will work harder than Teddy to get back, but he is climbing a mountain to get there.

Post #: 4773
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 6/16/2017 11:09:38 AM   
twinsfan

Michael Floyd failed his routine alcohol test while under house arrest. Likely to go back to jail.

Can we get a refund?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4774
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 6/16/2017 11:15:02 AM   
TJSweens

I'm guessing we can.

Post #: 4775
Page:   <<   < prev  189 190 [191] 192 193   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  189 190 [191] 192 193   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode