Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  215 216 [217] 218 219   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 9:41:39 AM  1 votes
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

As well as we played in the first half the 2nd half was very disappointing. Lot's to clean up. Time management on our go ahead FG drive was bad, should never have left that much time on the clock. I thought we played very timid on D down the stretch. We needed to dial up some pressure.

I entirely agree bstinger. Make an honest comment like that on the Vikings thread and you will get chewed up and spit out. A bunch of assholes on that forum.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 5401
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 9:48:24 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

As well as we played in the first half the 2nd half was very disappointing. Lot's to clean up. Time management on our go ahead FG drive was bad, should never have left that much time on the clock. I thought we played very timid on D down the stretch. We needed to dial up some pressure.

I entirely agree bstinger. Make an honest comment like that on the Vikings thread and you will get chewed up and spit out. A bunch of assholes on that forum.

That isn't it Mark....your timing of your comments when posters were celebrating....you have to understand they are all celebrating and you can maybe wait just a little bit to bring the negative in.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5402
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 10:14:47 AM   
Mr. Ed

In the second half, NO started the tight end on one side of the formation and motioned him to the other side. However MN was adjusting it left a lot in the middle of the field 8-10 yards, wide open. A lot.
Losing Sendejo was huge. Brutal cheap shot by Thomas.

Look for Philly to go the short route as well, to negate the pass rush.

Kendricks should never have been assigned coverage on Kumara. Completely unacceptable.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5403
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 11:51:09 AM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Was hoping you TwinsTalkers didn't leave early.....

I didn’t get all of the leaving early, especially for TV

Uh, I turned it off early to beat traffic.
But I’m a bigger fan than you, look at my post count.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 5404
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 11:55:32 AM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I said during the week that if the Vikings played their A game, there wasn't much the Saints could do about it. They proved that in the first half. Through the 3rd quarter and a good chunk of the 4th, they played about D+ and lost the lead. Two things stood out during that stretch: 1. Case's decision to throw that ball up for grabs to avoid a sack was just an incredibly unpoised and STUPID decision. 2. Michael Thomas was making Xavier Rhodes his bitch. They woke up a bit after that. Kick the field goal and take the lead back. On the following series Breese went right after the Thomas - Rhodes match up and every time Xavier rose to the occasion, putting NO at 4th and 10. The Vikings let them off the hook mostly due to an incredibly chicken shit alignment for the 4th down play. When I saw how deep the safeties were lining up, I knew they were going to give up the first down. Fast forward to our final possession and good Keenum resurfaced just in time to deliver possibly the greatest play in Viking history. It was a great play on many levels; 1. All 11 players were determined to battle it all the way. 2. The line probably had their best pass blocking play of the second half. 3 The location of the completion was in a place where Diggs could have stepped out of bounds to set up the field goal had he been surrounded, in fact he said that is what he planned to do. 4. Diggs not not only made a nice catch, he had the field awareness to know he had a clear path to the end zone as long as he didn't trip.

The most exhilarating Viking win I can ever remember. We were completely spent after the game. Sat around for an hour afterward and every once in awhile, someone would shake their head and say "I still can't believe it".

I told you they could win with their B or C game and they did

A in the First Half
D in the second half
C for the game
A on the Final

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 5405
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 12:29:52 PM   
ronhextall

I think the coaching staff can learn a lot from the tape, what worked and didn't work in playoff atmosphere. Defense should be confident but not cocky after yesterday, the focus will be there.

Play mistake free next Sunday and I like their chances.
Post #: 5406
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 12:43:25 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I think the coaching staff can learn a lot from the tape, what worked and didn't work in playoff atmosphere. Defense should be confident but not cocky after yesterday, the focus will be there.

Play mistake free next Sunday and I like their chances.

Agreed on all counts

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5407
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 12:45:32 PM   
MDK

Congrats Ed and William and Ron and family for being in attendance for one of the great victories in NFL history. Kinda removes some of the sting for the Hail Mary loss....not all....since Drew pushed off in order to make the catch.

Regarding the fans and the drinking.....this has become a widespread problem throughout the NFL. Games are not kid friendly or family friendly. They need to reign in the amount of alcohol consumed but so many are already drunk by game time from the partying during the tailgating portion. Fights are all too common at NFL games. It is a dirty secret the NFL keeps hidden from the general public. All because of money.

it is about time that MN was on the positive side of an unbelievable play.

Defense did not play well in the 2nd half. But offense went into a shell.

Missing the FG right before halftime was huge and not unpredictable. I couldn't watch Forbath's 53 yarder to put the Vikings back into the lead. He has been so inconsistent all season.

We were lucky that Diggs had the line of sight to see he could score and not go out of bounds to give Forbath a chance at a winning FG.

We got a win......teams going all the way have at least one lucky break during the playoffs. Maybe this can finally be our year.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5408
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 12:57:28 PM   
Mr. Ed

A mom/dad/10 year old-ish son that are NO fans sat near me.
After the TD some fans were giving them crap. The little boy was crying.

In another section some older gentleman got patted on the back about the vikes win(he's a NO fan) and challenged the guy to a fight.
A sheriff deputy from a ND county was there; he bailed. Didn't want to get involved in all the paperwork and such if it occurred.
A couple of other fans cooled down the would-be combatants.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5409
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 1:33:51 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

I said during the week that if the Vikings played their A game, there wasn't much the Saints could do about it. They proved that in the first half. Through the 3rd quarter and a good chunk of the 4th, they played about D+ and lost the lead. Two things stood out during that stretch: 1. Case's decision to throw that ball up for grabs to avoid a sack was just an incredibly unpoised and STUPID decision. 2. Michael Thomas was making Xavier Rhodes his bitch. They woke up a bit after that. Kick the field goal and take the lead back. On the following series Breese went right after the Thomas - Rhodes match up and every time Xavier rose to the occasion, putting NO at 4th and 10. The Vikings let them off the hook mostly due to an incredibly chicken shit alignment for the 4th down play. When I saw how deep the safeties were lining up, I knew they were going to give up the first down. Fast forward to our final possession and good Keenum resurfaced just in time to deliver possibly the greatest play in Viking history. It was a great play on many levels; 1. All 11 players were determined to battle it all the way. 2. The line probably had their best pass blocking play of the second half. 3 The location of the completion was in a place where Diggs could have stepped out of bounds to set up the field goal had he been surrounded, in fact he said that is what he planned to do. 4. Diggs not not only made a nice catch, he had the field awareness to know he had a clear path to the end zone as long as he didn't trip.

The most exhilarating Viking win I can ever remember. We were completely spent after the game. Sat around for an hour afterward and every once in awhile, someone would shake their head and say "I still can't believe it".

A in the First Half
D in the second half
C for the game
A on the Final

Luckily the Saints didn't exactly play their A game either.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5410
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 1:34:07 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

That isn't it Mark....your timing of your comments when posters were celebrating....you have to understand they are all celebrating and you can maybe wait just a little bit to bring the negative in.

I didn't say anything negative at all Phil. SMF commented it seemed like Brees threw for way more yards than Keenum. And I commented that 61 yards of Keenum's total came on the last play of the game. If that is negative, I don't know what else to say. That is merely a fact!

Post #: 5411
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 1:35:52 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

In the second half, NO started the tight end on one side of the formation and motioned him to the other side. However MN was adjusting it left a lot in the middle of the field 8-10 yards, wide open. A lot.
Losing Sendejo was huge. Brutal cheap shot by Thomas.

Look for Philly to go the short route as well, to negate the pass rush.

Kendricks should never have been assigned coverage on Kumara. Completely unacceptable.

NO game plan in the second half entirely shut down the Vikings pass rush. It was nonexistent. I was surprised and confused as to why the Vikings did not blitz more in the second half? They got way too conservative on defense playing not to lose.

Post #: 5412
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 1:36:03 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

A mom/dad/10 year old-ish son that are NO fans sat near me.
After the TD some fans were giving them crap. The little boy was crying.

In another section some older gentleman got patted on the back about the vikes win(he's a NO fan) and challenged the guy to a fight.
A sheriff deputy from a ND county was there; he bailed. Didn't want to get involved in all the paperwork and such if it occurred.
A couple of other fans cooled down the would-be combatants.

We have been to only one Vikings game. It was the playoff game vs the Eagles with T-Jack as our QB. There was a young couple from Philly with a little baby there. Vikings fans were yelling that they wanted to punt their kid like a football onto the field. I knew that was probably the last NFL game that we'd be attending. My wife thought it was a miserable experience, mainly because the Vikings fans were horrible.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5413
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 1:37:25 PM   
twinsfan

See? Yelling "you suck" is pretty tame stuff in comparison.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5414
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 1:41:29 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

A in the First Half
D in the second half
C for the game
A on the Final

Luckily the Saints didn't exactly play their A game either.

They did in the second half except for the final play. I wonder so often watching these games why coaches allow their teams to play so conservatively until the final 8-10 minutes of the final quarter. If you watched the Steelers/Jaguars game, you know what I am talking about. Same for the Vikings/Saints. In many NFL games, more points are scored in the final ten minutes than in the previous fifty minutes. When teams open it up offensively, it seems the defenses cannot handle stopping the big play. The prevent defense accomplishes exactly the opposite of the intent.

Post #: 5415
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 2:19:49 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

See? Yelling "you suck" is pretty tame stuff in comparison.

And There you have one of the biggest differences between football and baseball fans; yelling you suck at a football game is lightweight. at baseball it's taken very seriously.

Imagine the Twins taking a turn trying to reign in unruly fans. THey'd probably have 1/2 of the stadium thrown out.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5416
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 2:21:26 PM   
Mr. Ed

Twins fans are dainty compared to the throng at a Vikings game.
agree w/Miles; NFL games...at least those not in the luxury box viewing area...are not fan friendly for the younger clientele.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5417
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 2:33:00 PM   
Mr. Ed

Report says Shurmur will be the Giants' new coach.

Eli stays, that gives MN a shot at keeping the glass slippers on Cinderella full time.

Was interesting yesterday, Teddy was inactive, so Bradford was the backup if Keenum got hurt.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5418
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 2:36:08 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Was interesting yesterday, Teddy was inactive, so Bradford was the backup if Keenum got hurt.

I don't think there is much to be read into that beyond Sam having played this year and Teddy not taking a meaningful snap in ~2 years.
Post #: 5419
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 2:59:36 PM   
Mr. Ed

Other thank if Keenum gets hurt, 1 of 2 rusty QBs will take the field

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5420
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 4:03:35 PM   
ronhextall

I am curious what the league will look like in a few years, all the QB's I fear will be retired or no longer effective (Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, and probably one or two I am missing).

At that point maybe it will be the era of the Super defense? The college game is all about the running QB first and pass second. Not sure that works in the NFL because sooner or later you will get your head taken off in the NFL running around.

I am at a strange peace with myself at this point.

My son, wife, and I had a great moment yesterday, no doubt at my funeral it will be one of the things that my son thinks about. He knew the tickets were crazy expensive and not something we would normally indulge in so the sacrifice made it even more special. I need to thank my son also, without him I am sure I wouldn't have gone or even thought about going. I told my wife the next time the Vikings play in London I would like to see if we can swing it to go, just the two of us.

He is flying as high as a kite, the Walsh kick was hard on him and no doubt if they don't finish this thing it will be hard on him again but I am at peace. I always tell him, "be glad you were not around in 1998 I said after that people quit being fans it hurt so bad, it took Favre to bring some of them all the way back to only be kicked in the nuts again".

I am sure when it comes to sports teams that cause the most agony, you could make an argument for the Vikings to be at the top of the list. Being just good enough to lose the big one for several generations is tough.

Crazy to care so much about a game played by millionaires for the benefit of billionaires but I can help it. Sports is a great thing, I think it brings people together from all backgrounds.

Sure the Vikes got lucky yesterday and probably should have lost, I can remember two NFC title games and a couple of other playoff games where you could say the opposite. The sports gods still owe us, I would like to cash all the IOUs in at once and finish it.
Post #: 5421
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 4:08:40 PM   
Mr. Ed

Well said Ron

I relate to this a ton. Too much invested in the game; when MN scored with 1:40 left I was already saying too much time left; was already expecting the worst.
And that's why the win was so incredible; fans around me were not looking forward to another Forbath FG attempt. We didn't watch the FG he made.

Outside, it'll be even more nerve-wracking. The Vikings cannot play to not lose again. It almost cost them.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5422
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 6:01:33 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

agree w/Miles; NFL games...at least those not in the luxury box viewing area...are not fan friendly for the younger clientele.

You might not want to wear your colors in many stadiums. KC can be terrible and I've witnessed some really ugly scenes in Chicago.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 5423
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 6:51:02 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

You might not want to wear your colors in many stadiums. KC can be terrible and I've witnessed some really ugly scenes in Chicago.

In KC back in Moss Era, when Jeff George was QB

We're there early, hanging out.

Guy says "Hey Vikings fans you ready for the Big L? I'll give your wife the Big L."

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5424
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/16/2018 12:40:36 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

I didn't say anything negative at all Phil. SMF commented it seemed like Brees threw for way more yards than Keenum. And I commented that 61 yards of Keenum's total came on the last play of the game. If that is negative, I don't know what else to say. That is merely a fact!

NM

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 1/16/2018 12:48:14 AM >
Post #: 5425
Page:   <<   < prev  215 216 [217] 218 219   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  215 216 [217] 218 219   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode