Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  217 218 [219] 220 221   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/20/2018 1:40:00 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

Eagles 19, Vikings 16

Very similar to your prediction last week.

But you did say, I believe, that if the Vikes win last week (as they did), they would go to the Super Bowl. Did something change?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5451
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/20/2018 5:15:08 PM   
bstinger

24-13 Vikes. Defense scores a TD.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5452
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/21/2018 1:06:14 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

Eagles 19, Vikings 16

Very similar to your prediction last week.

But you did say, I believe, that if the Vikes win last week (as they did), they would go to the Super Bowl. Did something change?

Yes, they are playing in Philadelphia a venue that has not been king to this franchise over the decades.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 5453
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/21/2018 7:48:34 PM   
bstinger

Outplayed, Outcoached. Yet another MN disappointment. We managed to make Foles look like a HOF.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5454
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/21/2018 7:50:33 PM   
ronhextall

Can't beat Nick Foles to go to Super Bowl.

I get more convinced all the time that 1991 was the last time a Minnesota Pro Sports team will ever win anything.

Kirby Puck and Jack Morris should be the only numbers retired by any team in Minneapolis.
Post #: 5455
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/21/2018 8:34:01 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I get more convinced all the time that 1991 was the last time a Minnesota Pro Sports team will ever win anything.

Kirby Puck and Jack Morris should be the only numbers retired by any team in Minneapolis.

THIS

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5456
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/21/2018 8:41:44 PM   
ewen21

How can a vaunted defense like that allow themselves to look THAT helpless

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 5457
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/21/2018 8:42:08 PM   
ronhextall

I guess the bright side is most of us are living good enough where we have the extra time to invest emotionally into something that really doesn't matter.
Post #: 5458
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/21/2018 8:42:26 PM   
CPAMAN

One of the worst performances in a major sporting venue I have ever witnessed. It was even bad by Vikings standards.

Post #: 5459
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/22/2018 5:06:13 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

One of the worst performances in a major sporting venue I have ever witnessed. It was even bad by Vikings standards.

@ NY 41-0 was worse by far.

WASSWA

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5460
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/22/2018 12:50:27 PM   
twinsfan

ronhextall, I think your son just called into Common to tell him he already has AVATAR. "My dad warned me."

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5461
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/22/2018 1:16:14 PM   
McMurfy

We all know the real game is the Pro Bowl anyways.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 5462
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/22/2018 1:21:38 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

We all know the real game is the Pro Bowl anyways.

Yup.

And now we know that Harrison Smith wasn't actually screwed.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5463
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/22/2018 2:11:59 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

@ NY 41-0 was worse by far.

WASSWA

This loss was a complete pasting. There was no reason for this team to play so poorly on all levels. They were terrible!

Post #: 5464
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/22/2018 2:36:06 PM   
TJSweens

I think I actually consider this one worse than 41- Donut. The expectations for this team were way higher than they were going into that game.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5465
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/22/2018 3:09:28 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I think I actually consider this one worse than 41- Donut. The expectations for this team were way higher than they were going into that game.

I entirely agree Sweens. In addition, the Vikings were one game away from being the first NFL team to ever play host to a SB game. And they were a three-point favorite to defeat a team playing the second string QB who had played in less than a handful of games. A team that had lost to Dallas in week 17 by a 0-6 score. A team that struggled to defeat Atlanta in a low-scoring game the previous week. IMO, this was the worst beat down by a Vikings team in franchise history considering the stakes. And the saps over on the Vikings thread are already talking about the off-season and how to improve the team as if they have any control of what happens. I realize that you post regularly over there but at least you have some sense of shame and realize that arm-chair managing and coaching has zero impact upon what happens on the field. Every person who is a Vikings fans should be entirely pissed off at the team for its embarrassing performance yesterday that nobody saw coming. How can the league's #1 defense get taken to task like that? How could the coaching staff have delivered such an uninspiring game plan with zero adjustments at half-time? IMO, the problem with the Vikings history of failure is the fan base itself. You look at the records of the team's that failed in the SB and the NFC conference championship games and the coaches and players are all different except for a couple of the SB teams. The one constant is the fan base and the passive MN media. There is no pressure by team ownership or the coaching staff to excel to become champions. Getting into a playoff game is enough of an accomplishment for this organization. Many on the Vikings thread are already admitting that next season a 8-8 regular season is foreseeable. And sadly, they are OK with that. It is part of building up the decade long tenure it takes for this franchise to appear in a league championship game.

What a POS organization the Vikings are. It truly is embarrassing that MN fans have to be so condescending.

Post #: 5466
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/22/2018 3:18:14 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I entirely agree Sweens. In addition, the Vikings were one game away from being the first NFL team to ever play host to a SB game. And they were a three-point favorite to defeat a team playing the second string QB who had played in less than a handful of games. A team that had lost to Dallas in week 17 by a 0-6 score. A team that struggled to defeat Atlanta in a low-scoring game the previous week. IMO, this was the worst beat down by a Vikings team in franchise history considering the stakes. And the saps over on the Vikings thread are already talking about the off-season and how to improve the team as if they have any control of what happens. I realize that you post regularly over there but at least you have some sense of shame and realize that arm-chair managing and coaching has zero impact upon what happens on the field. Every person who is a Vikings fans should be entirely pissed off at the team for its embarrassing performance yesterday that nobody saw coming. How can the league's #1 defense get taken to task like that? How could the coaching staff have delivered such an uninspiring game plan with zero adjustments at half-time? IMO, the problem with the Vikings history of failure is the fan base itself. You look at the records of the team's that failed in the SB and the NFC conference championship games and the coaches and players are all different except for a couple of the SB teams. The one constant is the fan base and the passive MN media. There is no pressure by team ownership or the coaching staff to excel to become champions. Getting into a playoff game is enough of an accomplishment for this organization. Many on the Vikings thread are already admitting that next season a 8-8 regular season is foreseeable. And sadly, they are OK with that. It is part of building up the decade long tenure it takes for this franchise to appear in a league championship game.

What a POS organization the Vikings are. It truly is embarrassing that MN fans have to be so condescending.

I doubt any of them are ok with an 8-8 season next year. Please....

They all want to start looking at how to fix the debacle. It's called time to move on. They totally blew it yesterday, now what can we do to get better and go all the way next year is what they are talking about. I am not complacent. I am just looking ahead to try to get a feel for what we can do to fix what happened. This team is far better than the shitstorm we got last night. where are the weak links. What can we do to prevent a debacle like this from happening again? What can we do to GET BETTER and have a shot at the title. That's what they are talking about in the Vikings threads.

None of them are ok with last nights game and no true fan is interested in just going 8-8 next year. How do we rebound? Reload, reboot? What parts need fixing and what needs tweaking?

Nothing wrong with discussing that shit today. Our season is over. For true fans looking forward to next season has already begun. And true fans want it all. That's why it hurts so bad when they shit the bed like this.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5467
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/23/2018 10:11:48 AM   
SoMnFan

Fool me once shame on you
Fool me twenty times, I'm a dipshit.
Post #: 5468
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/23/2018 10:26:07 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Amen
And Vanek and Potulney

(I get your PRO distinction, but I'm claiming those Goph teams too).
Post #: 5469
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/23/2018 10:39:13 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

My investment in the Vikings is only because my son is invested. Else I could care less. They've effed it up way too many times now.

Have about puked at the sappy Facebook posts about "fans forever" "so proud of a great season" and all that garbage. Way too minnesota nice about it. And some are showing Philly vids of the fans when the team came in and it was harmless razzing, with comments like "That's so terrible, such bad fans"

Get over it.

Those that ripped the 99 year old lady have no class and are piles of garbage. A little razzing is being a bad fan.
Sheesh, do we need to pussy-fy the country any more?

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5470
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/23/2018 10:45:42 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

That's why I am not upset over the loss. I am a pretty fatalistic Viking fan. I made up my mind earlier in the season that I was just going to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasted. The day they are up by 3 TD with less than a minute to go in a Super Bowl, I will start to get the slightest bit optimistic. Until then they have too storied a history of not showing up in big games for me to ever proclaim that this is the year.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5471
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/23/2018 10:50:27 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Those that ripped the 99 year old lady have no class and are piles of garbage. A little razzing is being a bad fan.
Sheesh, do we need to pussy-fy the country any more?

I saw those fans marching with the **** Millie sign. Those individuals are monumental douche bags. That doesn't make every Eagle fan a douche bag. And can we please stop the outrage over Karl Anthony Towns tweeting his congratulations to the team he has rooted for since he was a kid? The fact that he plays for the Timberwolves does not obligate him to switch allegiance to the Vikings and be crest fallen that they lost. GET OVER IT!

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 1/23/2018 11:07:37 AM >

Post #: 5472
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/23/2018 11:02:11 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

And can we please stop the outrage over Karl Anthony Towns tweeting his congratulations to the team he has rooted for since he was a kid? The fact that he plays for the Timberwolves does not obligate him to switch allegiance to the Vikings and be crest fallen that they lost. GET OVER IT!

Social
Media
Idiots

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5473
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/23/2018 11:32:46 AM   
TJSweens

Speaking of Social Media Idiots, I love the Saints players tweeting out taunts at the Vikings that they would have given the Eagles a better fight. The problem is that you lost. Shut the **** up, losers.

Post #: 5474
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/31/2018 3:51:16 PM   
Mr. Ed

So...GMs

Alex Smith to Washington

If you were Spielman, do you make the effort to try and sign Kirk Cousins? HOPE that the one year cinderella isn't just that? Or sign one of the 2 knee injury guys.

I go for Cousins.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5475
Page:   <<   < prev  217 218 [219] 220 221   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  217 218 [219] 220 221   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode