Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  219 220 [221] 222 223   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 10:55:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Nick Foles
Super Bowl MVP for the 2017 NFL Season

About to return to backup status for 2018 season.

The Vikings should pursue him as their starting QB for 2018. Let Keenum walk and put your money into a winner.

I doubt Philly will trade him in the off season. The timeline on Wentz's recovery and being ready to start the season will be pretty tight. My guess is that they want that insurance at the beginning of the year.

He is only on the hook for 5.5 million plus Sudfield and Wentz are on rookie deals....you need three capable QBs now.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5501
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 12:01:32 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

The earlier TD is what I'm talking about
Ball shifted, only one foot down. No TD all year
Yesterday? TD

Yeah, that should not have been

Fix??

It appears the NFL fell harder for the Nicky Foles story than Matt did.

HEY! Sorry for going all Jeff Allen, but after the Wentz injury I said "good thing the Eagles have the best backup QB in the NFL." I was immediately considered to be an idiot on the Vikings thread for that take. Wentz was a DII (essentially that's what it is) quarterback. It's a SYSTEM offense. There is literally no drop-off from Wentz to Foles. I was also an idiot for saying I was worried about a trip to Philly for the Vikes. "It's Nick Foles!! Eagles would be the #6 seed in the NFC playoffs if they re-seeded!! We'll beat the Eagles without Wentz EASILY!!" I was shouted off the Vikings boards by Todd, DL and a few other bullies. That's why I didn't post during last night's game. I let the result speak for itself. But here I am defending myself today!!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5502
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 12:09:32 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yesterday? TD

Fix??

HEY! Sorry for going all Jeff Allen, but after the Wentz injury I said "good thing the Eagles have the best backup QB in the NFL." I was immediately considered to be an idiot on the Vikings thread for that take. Wentz was a DII (essentially that's what it is) quarterback. It's a SYSTEM offense. There is literally no drop-off from Wentz to Foles. I was also an idiot for saying I was worried about a trip to Philly for the Vikes. "It's Nick Foles!! Eagles would be the #6 seed in the NFC playoffs if they re-seeded!! We'll beat the Eagles without Wentz EASILY!!" I was shouted off the Vikings boards by Todd, DL and a few other bullies. That's why I didn't post during last night's game. I let the result speak for itself. But here I am defending myself today!!

Feel free Matt.....but I will disagree that Wentz if a DII QB. NDSU is head and shoulders better than 50 % of the FBS teams in the country.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5503
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 12:10:38 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yesterday? TD

Fix??

Feel free Matt.....but I will disagree that Wentz if a DII QB. NDSU is head and shoulders better than 50 % of the FBS teams in the country.

You are biased towards players from UND.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5504
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 12:40:03 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Philly wins it all.

Vikings would not have put up 41 on New England.

Agreed Ed. Philly a much more professional group of guys. They deserve this. So proud to call myself a Nick Foles fan.

Foles was every bit as good as Keenum was this year for the Vikings and much better when it really counted.

He had exactly two good games. Sure they came as the best time...but

The rest of his playing time was a buffet of terrible horseshit. Don't be fooled by the shiny luster on this fool's gold.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5505
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 12:40:14 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yesterday? TD

Fix??

Matt,
The Vikes went after Foles first in the offseason (before Case)....so if they go after you on the thread, they are wrong because the Vikes wanted him also (first).

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/5/2018 12:42:56 PM >

Post #: 5506
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 12:55:29 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yesterday? TD

Fix??

Matt,
The Vikes went after Foles first in the offseason (before Case)....so if they go after you on the thread, they are wrong because the Vikes wanted him also (first).

Haters gonna be haters.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5507
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 1:02:23 PM   
SoMnFan

All the great Patriot passing numbers yesterday, and even after arguably their best deep threat receiver was unfairly concussed early.
(Another break that went the Eagles way, suddenly a clear hit to the head doesn't even draw a penalty)
So, just saying to Viking fans ..... That great Eagle defense you're using to explain away our (cases) struggles there ... Was a fallacy.
Miles to go for this Viking team. We would have been run out of the building yesterday by either offense. HF or not.
Post #: 5508
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 1:14:39 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

All the great Patriot passing numbers yesterday, and even after arguably their best deep threat receiver was unfairly concussed early.
(Another break that went the Eagles way, suddenly a clear hit to the head doesn't even draw a penalty)
So, just saying to Viking fans ..... That great Eagle defense you're using to explain away our (cases) struggles there ... Was a fallacy.
Miles to go for this Viking team. We would have been run out of the building yesterday by either offense. HF or not.

I agree the Vikes need to add pieces but I don't agree that we would have been run out of our building (and carpet). Our team is built for speed.......the problem Zim and Spielman have to address is the pieces that make us as effective on both.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/5/2018 1:17:09 PM >

Post #: 5509
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 1:19:31 PM   
MDK

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yesterday? TD

Fix??

14 Football championships for NDSU (not UND). 6 FCS titles in the past 7 years.

Do you really think they would be bottom tier in the Big Ten? Do you really think the Gopher's program is better than NDSU's?

I have a bias for UND hockey. Yes. But don't really know if it is a bias toward a program that has 8 national titles along with Denver that has 8 and Michigan that has 9 titles.

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5510
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 1:37:23 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yesterday? TD

Fix??

Do you really think they would be bottom tier in the Big Ten? Do you really think the Gopher's program is better than NDSU's?
I have a bias for UND hockey. Yes. But don't really know if it is a bias toward a program that has 8 national titles along with Denver that has 8 and Michigan that has 9 titles.

See, that is logic I don't understand. The Bison beat one, maybe two top 40 teams a year and the fans think they would be in the top tier in the Big Ten.
FCS titles are nice but what is NDSU ranked after winning the FCS?
Do you think NDSU is as good as the top 5 ranked teams in the Big Ten? Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Northwestern? This is also after a season of injuries and beating up on each other.

Also the Gophers are building a pretty nice program....top 20 recruiting class and a mult hundred million dollar athletic village was led by Kill and now Fleck.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/5/2018 1:57:16 PM >

Post #: 5511
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 1:56:55 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yesterday? TD

Fix??

See, that is logic I don't understand. The Bison beat one, maybe two top 40 teams a year and the fans think they would be in the top tier in the Big Ten.
FCS titles are nice but what is NDSU ranked after winning the FCS?
Do you think NDSU is as good as the top 5 ranked teams in the Big Ten? Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Northwestern? This is also after a season of injuries and beating up on each other.

Seriously, do you think they would not be able to recruit even better players if they were FBS? Already they are getting upper Midwest players that could play for MN and others but decide to go to NDSU when they aren't as heavily recruited as they should be.

Do you think the top tier big 10 is even close to the SEC? Top to bottom.

I said NDSU is better than 50 % of the FBS teams. And yes, I think if they were an FBS school, they could be in the middle of the pack.

There is a big difference between FBS conferences.

I am not some nutcase NDSU fan. But what they have in Fargo is special. Had they the facility in terms of attendance, they could easily be an FBS football school. Look at the some of the locations of FBS schools in terms of communities and potential fan support. Gophers are far from the norm in being located in a metropolitan area of 3+ million people.

Iowa City
Manhattan Kansas

Think of Northern Illionis, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, Kent State. All FBS schools.

Big difference between schools in football......skilled positions.

1974 if I recall.....UND had a very very good football team. MN.....not too bad. Sioux play the Gophers in Minneapolis. Sioux leading Gophers 21 to 7 at halftime. Rick Upchurch was the wide receiver for the Gophers. Second half, they put him as tailback.....MN wins 40 something to UND's 20 something. No one on the Sioux had the world class speed to catch Upchurch.

Line play......UND dominated MN......but didn't have the skilled players.

Do you know the primary difference between FBS and FCS......scholarship numbers.

Even though the Gophers can award the same number as Alabama, the Gophers will never ever compete with the Tide. Never.

The Vikings will win a Super Bowl before the Gophers have sustained success in Football.

Post #: 5512
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 2:04:54 PM   
Phil Riewer

Was I comparing the Gophers to Alabama or were you comparing the Bison to a top tier Big Ten program? You think NDSU can be with Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan, and Penn State every year? You are delusional Miles. You are talking playing the Gophers one game a year not a 8-9 game conference schedule. Scholarships or not the Gophers just recruited a top 20 class this year and are almost finished building a multi-hundred million dollar athlete village. Something 7-8 teams in the Big Ten already have done including Nebraska. Football program is ticking up.

One game early in the year does not equal a Big Ten schedule. Winning the FCS didn't even put the Bison in the top 25 at years end, a top tier Big Ten team......sports writers don't even agree with you after the FCS Championship that the Bison are a better team. Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan, Penn State, or Northwestern were all ranked higher year end.

It isn't only amount of scholarships either....Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, etc. is 3-4 deep at each position. Their bottom 5 are better than your top 5.

Did you see who the Gophers recruited for their OLine....a 6'9" kid, a 6'6" kid (both from a Florida Prep School), and high ranking 6'5" JC OLineman and one of the top JC QBs (from California)...I would love to see NDSU on our schedule.

You know the Big Ten went 7-1 this bowl season too? They should have went 8-0.

NDSU is recruiting some nice MN kids. Sometimes they end up better than the 4-5 star recruits that the best teams recruit....Wentz, NDSU RB this year, and SDSU WR are prime examples....but when those top tier programs are all adding 3-4 star talent with a couple 5s and the Sioux/Bison are adding mostly 2 star talent with some 3s mixed like Kill/Claeys were doing also....only so much coaching up you can do.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/5/2018 3:42:26 PM >

Post #: 5513
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 3:49:37 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

There are no opinions accepted on the Vikings thread except to see things through purple-colored glasses. Every excuse in the book is OK as long as you spin it in favor of the Vikings. It is a worthless thread.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 5514
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 3:55:37 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

THIS

Stark Reality

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5515
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 4:07:21 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

There are no opinions accepted on the Vikings thread except to see things through purple-colored glasses. Every excuse in the book is OK as long as you spin it in favor of the Vikings. It is a worthless thread.

The only delusion I see going on right now is there is a group that believed our QB answers reside in house. I keep reading nonsense that we should either franchise Keenum or Bradford. Other than that there is pretty sharp criticism of Zim right now.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5516
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 5:40:43 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

You really do see what you want to see, don't you?
Post #: 5517
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 6:20:50 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

No David. I don't attack other posters. You post on the Vikings thread and you are constantly attacked. I have no time for that. At least on the Twins threads you can voice your opinion and other agree, disagree, or make a friendly joke about it. Not so on the Vikings thread. And you know that as well as anyone. Please don't patronize. It is not one of your good qualities. And BTW, you are just as guilty of attacking people on the Vikings thread as anyone. You have to stop by here and do the same to me on a Twins thread as you do over there. I hope this makes you feel better. Apparently, it must.

< Message edited by CPAMAN -- 2/5/2018 6:21:51 PM >

Post #: 5518
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 6:29:38 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No David. I don't attack other posters. You post on the Vikings thread and you are constantly attacked. I have no time for that. At least on the Twins threads you can voice your opinion and other agree, disagree, or make a friendly joke about it. Not so on the Vikings thread. And you know that as well as anyone. Please don't patronize. It is not one of your good qualities. And BTW, you are just as guilty of attacking people on the Vikings thread as anyone. You have to stop by here and do the same to me on a Twins thread as you do over there. I hope this makes you feel better. Apparently, it must.

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective

characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
"hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"

---But seriously---

You seem to have a blind spot for the MANY, MANY posts that question the Vikings. Sure, there are a few loud posters that feel like the Vikings can do no wrong, but there are quite a few more that want changes.

You also appear to have a problem with the distinction between conversation and attack. Just because not everyone shares the same opinions, doesn't make every comment an attack.

And no, you don't generally go after any one person. You prefer to attack an entire group.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 2/5/2018 6:33:35 PM >
Post #: 5519
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 6:41:51 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective

characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

---But seriously---

You seem to have a blind spot for the MANY, MANY posts that question the Vikings. Sure, there are a few loud posters that feel like the Vikings can do no wrong, but there are quite a few more that want changes.

You also appear to have a problem with the distinction between conversation and attack. Just because not everyone shares the same opinions, doesn't make every comment an attack.

And no, you don't generally go after any one person. You prefer to attack an entire group.

David, you should see the number of PM's I get from the dipsticks over on the Vikings thread. I am certain that Brad Hoiseth experienced as much or worse and he left the sight probably permanently. So I just stepped away from that site because of the constant attacks. Dr. Viking is the worst. Big Sky is another one. And they attack me because they dislike the fact that I sport hunt if that even matters. They bring up this stuff all the time. It is absurd!

Post #: 5520
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/5/2018 6:58:02 PM   
David Levine

And that probably shouldn't happen, but most people here aren't privy to your PMs, so we can only go by what you post.

And, like it or not, you've developed a reputation over the years of being absent after wins and "post happy" after losses. Its not going to garner you much benefit of the doubt.
Post #: 5521
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/6/2018 6:14:29 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective

---But seriously---

David, you should see the number of PM's I get from the dipsticks over on the Vikings thread. I am certain that Brad Hoiseth experienced as much or worse and he left the sight probably permanently. So I just stepped away from that site because of the constant attacks. Dr. Viking is the worst. Big Sky is another one. And they attack me because they dislike the fact that I sport hunt if that even matters. They bring up this stuff all the time. It is absurd!

drviking should probably be disciplined. He has taken personal shots at me. He is an angry young man.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5522
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/11/2018 1:35:46 PM   
MDK

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22349868/the-family-tennessee-titans-legend-steve-mcnair-left-behind

Great story about the widow of Steve McNair and her two sons.

Post #: 5523
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/11/2018 3:19:58 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22349868/the-family-tennessee-titans-legend-steve-mcnair-left-behind

Great article, Miles. Great kids and a great mother. A story about them. And moving on, but not forgetting. Steve made mistakes, but was for the most part a great father, a good man and a mediocre husband. But not a miserable guy. He messed up...big time...and it sounds like he messed up many times before. His wife has amazing forgiveness. Those kids will go places, and so much of if is because of mom.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5524
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 2/12/2018 1:09:07 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Great article, Miles. Great kids and a great mother. A story about them. And moving on, but not forgetting. Steve made mistakes, but was for the most part a great father, a good man and a mediocre husband. But not a miserable guy. He messed up...big time...and it sounds like he messed up many times before. His wife has amazing forgiveness. Those kids will go places, and so much of if is because of mom.

Been mulling this one over for a good long time.
Thanks for sharing Miles, I went into ESPN and read it. A couple times.
ESPN does a great job with these type of stories, their E60 creations are often the best stuff on TV, imo.
But this one bugs me.
Cannot agree more with you on her strength, her childrens excellent emergence from their dad's huge shadow, etc , but ...
The complete story itself leaves me sad and upset that Steve is still allowed to be looked at as some sort of hero by some.
When your true character is laid bare, and the real you emerges, and it unfortunately shows you to be a lying cheating asshole to people that love you, then maybe it should just be told that way.
These are strong kids and a strong woman, who were lied to and cheated on and left to fend for themselves.
Just saying they shouldn't look at him like a superhero who was tired and weak in front of them, yet pulled it together in front of others.
Was he too weak and beat up to run across town and cheat with some little young hot thing/ No, he wasn't. He obviously didn't burden his cute little thing with his pain, with his tiredness, with his baggage.
He pulled it together when he wanted THAT, and that's what he was. A dog pretty much. And many men who cheat do not get caught, and won't suffer the same embarrassment to their legacy, but he did. It happened, and he should pay the price.
He made tons of money playing a game he loved, he fathered two great sons, and found himself a wonderful woman to guide his sons. And yet still had to be a dog.
Probably too harsh, but we all look at these issues differently. Imo, if you can't resist the urge, please clear your table FIRST.
Don't sweep your spouse and your children into the dirt pile. Let them walk away before you dump on them. Give them their dignity before your weaknesses almost ruin their lives.
Sorry, had to get it off my chest. Touchy subject with me, and I can luckily say I've probably been affected by cheating less than anyone I know. Not sure why it's such a thorn to me, but it is. The ultimate betrayal.
And I realize that wasn't the point of the story. Its a great story about two strong kids and one strong woman.
Thanks for sharing Miles.
Post #: 5525
Page:   <<   < prev  219 220 [221] 222 223   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  219 220 [221] 222 223   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode