Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  230 231 [232] 233 234   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 2:56:32 PM   
TJSweens

CUT THAT WORTHLESS PILE OF SHIT TREADWELL NOW!!!

2 drops last week. A drop on 3rd down and an int with the game on the line this week. I've seen enough. If he can't handle a perfectly thrown pass in crunch time, then get his ass out of here!

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 9/16/2018 2:58:38 PM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5776
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:06:54 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

CUT THAT WORTHLESS PILE OF SHIT TREADWELL NOW!!!

2 drops last week. A drop on 3rd down and an int with the game on the line this week. I've seen enough. If he can't handle a perfectly thrown pass in crunch time, then get his ass out of here!

Looked good in exhibition. Completely worthless when games mean something.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5777
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:12:54 PM   
Mr. Ed

Cousins is pretty good

So are Thielen/Diggs

Defense

Is

NOT

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5778
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:28:51 PM   
MDK

Again, when will the Vikings fire Mike Priefer?

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5779
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:40:40 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Again, when will the Vikings fire Mike Priefer?

Spielman deserves some of this drafting a guy in the fifth round.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5780
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:42:54 PM   
bstinger

Carlson should be walking home.

Zimmer stupid to rely on the kicker to win it with 2 time outs and over a minute to go.

Treadwell needs to be inactive. I'd rather see Bebe than him or Coley.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5781
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:44:06 PM   
MDK

0 for 3 on FG attempts......

When will this damn team learn.

How many times must we be screwed by a stupid idiot who is (as Alex Karras would say) keeck a touchdown.

Post #: 5782
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:44:53 PM   
MDK

Zimmer is an idiot when the offense was moving so well.

An idiot

Post #: 5783
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:48:00 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Zimmer is an idiot when the offense was moving so well.

An idiot

Same shit Bud Grant used to do

Play not to lose

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5784
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:48:38 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Zimmer stupid to rely on the kicker to win it with 2 time outs and over a minute to go.

Coley had one through his hands too

Zylstra or Beebe

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5785
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:52:12 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Zylstra or Beebe

Re-read it. I wasn't advocating for Coley.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5786
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:53:53 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

Zylstra or Beebe

Re-read it. I wasn't advocating for Coley.

I know. I was just saying Coley dropped one.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5787
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 3:54:40 PM   
Mr. Ed

Put a little pressure on a guy and watch him crack

Treadwell AND Carlson

Really show what they're made of.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5788
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 5:13:03 PM   
bstinger

Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with Cousins though. Keenum was very good for us last year, but it looks like an upgrade for sure.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5789
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 5:25:50 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with Cousins though. Keenum was very good for us last year, but it looks like an upgrade for sure.

Yup

Be tough for many qbs to make the throw to Diggs from that far, then drop that one into Thielen for the other td

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5790
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 5:38:33 PM   
Jeff Jesser

As bad as Carlson was today (and I'm sure he'll be the scapegoat for MPffeerrrerrr) you gotta blame this one squarely on Zimmer. Your rookie kicker is clearly jacked in the head and he played for a FG at the end. He was 'ok' with the tie is what I'm guessing. Hoping for the win but ok with the tie. It's the only explanation for not actually going for it. The O was killing it in the 4th and Cousins to Diggs/AT/Rudy was not being stopped at the time.

This isn't the first time he's done this either. It's his MO. He's passive on D and O when the chips are down. It's just the way he's wired. He will never go for the jugular. After Carlson missed at the end of regulation he went prevent and they marched right in to FG territory with a kicker who doesn't miss often.

We lament the FG misses but we are damn lucky to even get to OT. It's not like Rodgers was sucking all day so he pulled a rabbit out of his ass. As long as he had time he picked us apart all day so lets go prevent. That's a smart move coach.
Post #: 5791
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 5:42:08 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Other shit that's bothering me:

Why the no challenge when he was clearly down? Again, Zimmer's MO is that he's shit on challenges. Will never change.

When Richardson jumped late in the game, the LG clearly stood up and drew him off. Terrible call.

Edit: forgot one. The pooch KO. What is exactly the gain there? I'm being serious. There is none. You just conceded better field position by being cute at he most crucial time of the game. I would love to here the rationalization here. I can't think of any.

Another big play given up by the ST's. When is there going to be accountability. You can't keep saying "they are just missing"/"they are coached to make that tackle"/"player X blocked the wrong guy so we gave up a blocked punt for a TD". There is a common denominator here Zimmer. Make the call.

< Message edited by Jeff Jesser -- 9/16/2018 5:46:34 PM >
Post #: 5792
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 6:00:52 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

As bad as Carlson was today (and I'm sure he'll be the scapegoat for MPffeerrrerrr) you gotta blame this one squarely on Zimmer. Your rookie kicker is clearly jacked in the head and he played for a FG at the end. He was 'ok' with the tie is what I'm guessing. Hoping for the win but ok with the tie. It's the only explanation for not actually going for it. The O was killing it in the 4th and Cousins to Diggs/AT/Rudy was not being stopped at the time.

This isn't the first time he's done this either. It's his MO. He's passive on D and O when the chips are down. It's just the way he's wired. He will never go for the jugular. After Carlson missed at the end of regulation he went prevent and they marched right in to FG territory with a kicker who doesn't miss often.

We lament the FG misses but we are damn lucky to even get to OT. It's not like Rodgers was sucking all day so he pulled a rabbit out of his ass. As long as he had time he picked us apart all day so lets go prevent. That's a smart move coach.

I heard the phone call radio segment and a guy brought this up and Cove hammered Zimmer for not going for a score or at least getting closer.

In the press conference Zimmer said he was convinced he was going to make it.

And then, in the next breath, said that they probably should have taken a couple of shots.

Was asked twice about a K decision.

First one w/in first minutes of the press conference, said he had barely talked to Spielman.

Then asked near the end again. Duh, I guess they had made a decision via text while Zimmer was talking to the press.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5793
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 6:01:43 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Other shit that's bothering me:

Why the no challenge when he was clearly down? Again, Zimmer's MO is that he's shit on challenges. Will never change.

When Richardson jumped late in the game, the LG clearly stood up and drew him off. Terrible call.

Edit: forgot one. The pooch KO. What is exactly the gain there? I'm being serious. There is none. You just conceded better field position by being cute at he most crucial time of the game. I would love to here the rationalization here. I can't think of any.

Another big play given up by the ST's. When is there going to be accountability. You can't keep saying "they are just missing"/"they are coached to make that tackle"/"player X blocked the wrong guy so we gave up a blocked punt for a TD". There is a common denominator here Zimmer. Make the call.

There was nearly a blocked punt last week

Got one this week

Shoddy play. The Coach should be held responsible.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5794
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 6:08:03 PM   
sixthwi

The game should have never gone to overtime. The roughing the passer call on Matthews was bull crap. Last week he deserved it but this week was terrible.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 5795
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 6:23:08 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

The game should have never gone to overtime. The roughing the passer call on Matthews was bull crap. Last week he deserved it but this week was terrible.

Agreed

Players have no idea what to do out there anymore.

Zimmer said the tackle area is now the size of a strike zone on a qb and once you hit them, then ?????

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5796
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 6:24:24 PM   
Mr. Ed

Any time the Defense even remotely lowers the shoulder, on the sack, even if it's not in the qb's chest, they're throwing the flag.

It's terrible.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5797
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 6:51:44 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

Agreed

Players have no idea what to do out there anymore.

Zimmer said the tackle area is now the size of a strike zone on a qb and once you hit them, then ?????

Just like the call on Kendricks was total crap. We really have reached the point of just putting velcro flags on the QB.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5798
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 7:46:37 PM   
bstinger

quote:

I don't disagree with any of that.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5799
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 7:51:49 PM   
bstinger

Agree, both roughing calls were stupid. I didn't have a big problem with the Sendejo hit either. It's FOOTBALL, it's supposed to be rough. Pussify it too much and people will lose interest.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5800
Page:   <<   < prev  230 231 [232] 233 234   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  230 231 [232] 233 234   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode