Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  231 232 [233] 234 235   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2018 8:22:56 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Agree, both roughing calls were stupid. I didn't have a big problem with the Sendejo hit either. It's FOOTBALL, it's supposed to be rough. Pussify it too much and people will lose interest.

Agree. Just put red jerseys on the damn quarterbacks then.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 5801
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 9:21:36 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Cousins is pretty good

So are Thielen/Diggs

Defense

Is

NOT

Defense held Aaron Rodgers to one Offensive TD through five quarters of football AND kept him out of FG range in OT.

I would say that's a pretty damn good day.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5802
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 9:25:34 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

The game should have never gone to overtime. The roughing the passer call on Matthews was bull crap. Last week he deserved it but this week was terrible.

It was ticky tack call at best to be sure, but when he hit Cousins his feet were on the ground, he could have dead legged and pulled Cousins down but instead left his feet and landed on Cousins. that is why the ref called it. Ticky tack at best, but I see where the ref could call it.

There were ticky tack calls that went both ways in this game...

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5803
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 9:45:38 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

The game should have never gone to overtime. The roughing the passer call on Matthews was bull crap. Last week he deserved it but this week was terrible.

It was ticky tack call at best to be sure, but when he hit Cousins his feet were on the ground, he could have dead legged and pulled Cousins down but instead left his feet and landed on Cousins. that is why the ref called it. Ticky tack at best, but I see where the ref could call it.

I absolutely hate the new rules on tacking the QB, but I am kind of loving the irony of the Packers whining about it. Precious Erin got injured on a legal tackle and the Packers whined incessantly about it which led to the rule change. The calls evened out in my book. The one on Kendricks was even more ridiculous and it gave the Pukers a 1st down in Viking territory on a drive where they scored.

I don't blame the refs for this. They have been mandated to enforce an incredibly stupid and subjective rule. This won't be the last game where there is a bitching about that call afterward.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 9/17/2018 9:47:03 AM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5804
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 10:30:33 AM   
sixthwi

quote:

quote:

Baloney. The ref said he called it because Matthews lifted him off the ground which is not correct. Both of Cousins feet were off the ground when Matthews hit him. He hit Cousins just like he was taught and his left arm I believe hit the ground and he braced his fall. The game should have been over at that point.

Post #: 5805
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 10:33:32 AM   
twinsfan

For all the discussion about this, that and the other thing, missed kicks, bad roughing penalties, etc., what I don't understand is allowing the opposition to "freeze" the kicker at all. Crosby made the 52-yarder, but was "frozen," so it didn't count. How is that just an accepted part of the game, that you gotta kick it and make it again? It's the exact opposite of what we expect in all of our sports. "The moment." Play for the moment. He made the kick. To make him do it again because of an otherwise meaningless time out, that's about the least sports thing that could happen IMO. If a defense wants to call a time out before a kick, I think it needs to be called before the offense/kicking team is set. It's stupid that they can call a TO right before the snap. I don't get how that's sports or athletic or anything like that. Nothing will change with that until the NFL makes a rule to change it.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5806
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 10:39:37 AM   
Zoilo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Baloney. The ref said he called it because Matthews lifted him off the ground which is not correct. Both of Cousins feet were off the ground when Matthews hit him. He hit Cousins just like he was taught and his left arm I believe hit the ground and he braced his fall. The game should have been over at that point.

Yeah, that was a call that could not be overcome.

Z
Post #: 5807
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 10:41:08 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Im telling you it was ticky tack. But you could see on the replay that Mathews feed were on the ground when he made contact and left the ground midway through the tackle and he landed ON Cousins. Eric Kendricks was called earlier in the game for a very similar hit on Rodgers.

There is no baloney there. and with all the stuff Mathews has gotten away with...Karma is a bitch.

Post #: 5808
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 10:42:32 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zoilo

quote:

quote:

quote:

True dat.

If it were truly a good team they would have stopped the Vikings from scoring a TD and making a two point conversion to tie.

One play did not decide this game.

Post #: 5809
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 11:51:35 AM   
sixthwi

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

True dat.

If it were truly a good team they would have stopped the Vikings from scoring a TD and making a two point conversion to tie.

Bull. The game was over if they didn't call the RTP.

Post #: 5810
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 12:02:38 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

True dat.

The game could've been over earlier if the Packers had run the clock down on the previous drive. Instead they threw three incomplete passes...How dumb is that?

Pretty much every game has bad calls. there were other bad calls in this game as well. I'm sorry one didn't go in your favor and the results were that your defense couldn't handle it and blew it. They had to keep the Vikings out of the endzone and prevent them from converting a 2 point conversion. They could do neither. They didn't deserve to win the game. They couldn't overcome a bad call.

It's just sad that you have to overcome one for once at Lambeau. Opposing teams usually have to overcome several.

Get over it. Your team failed you. Your offense scored one offensive TD. You Defense gave up 22 points in the fourth Quarter and your veteran kicker blew a game winning FG in regulation and you want to blame one ticky tack penalty?

Too bad for you.

Post #: 5811
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 3:51:54 PM   
SoMnFan

You cannot say the Wilf's don't want to win
See need
Address need
Post #: 5812
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 8:03:19 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

You cannot say the Wilf's don't want to win
See need
Address need

And cut a sorry ass kicker from Auburn who was probably a Roy Moore supporter

< Message edited by MDK -- 9/18/2018 10:57:53 AM >

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5813
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 9:02:46 PM  1 votes
twinsfan

Icing the kicker needs to go away. It's not in the spirit of sport. The game is no better with it. Would anyone really miss it if we just did away with it and let the kicker go for it just the ONE TIME? Icing the kicker by calling a timeout right before the snap is bush league.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5814
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 9:52:30 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Icing the kicker needs to go away. It's not in the spirit of sport. The game is no better with it. Would anyone really miss it if we just did away with it and let the kicker go for it just the ONE TIME? Icing the kicker by calling a timeout right before the snap is bush league.

I think the term bush league should be replaced with a new term, Trump league. Much more of a negative connotation.

I'd be OK if it went away, but it doesn't bother me enough to start an uprising. Stopping the sissification of the sport is a high priority in my opinion.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5815
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2018 11:03:25 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

True dat.

The game could've been over earlier if the Packers had run the clock down on the previous drive. Instead they threw three incomplete passes...How dumb is that?

Pretty much every game has bad calls. there were other bad calls in this game as well. I'm sorry one didn't go in your favor and the results were that your defense couldn't handle it and blew it. They had to keep the Vikings out of the endzone and prevent them from converting a 2 point conversion. They could do neither. They didn't deserve to win the game. They couldn't overcome a bad call.

It's just sad that you have to overcome one for once at Lambeau. Opposing teams usually have to overcome several.

Get over it. Your team failed you. Your offense scored one offensive TD. You Defense gave up 22 points in the fourth Quarter and your veteran kicker blew a game winning FG in regulation and you want to blame one ticky tack penalty?

Too bad for you.

To say that that call didn't cost the game is wrong. The Packers intercepted the ball. Without that call the game would have been over. Even KFAN said it was a horrible call. If you can't admit that cost them the game you are either unbelievably stubborn or nothing but a homer.

Post #: 5816
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/18/2018 8:32:47 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

True dat.

Too bad for you.

To say that that call didn't cost the game is wrong. The Packers intercepted the ball. Without that call the game would have been over. Even KFAN said it was a horrible call. If you can't admit that cost them the game you are either unbelievably stubborn or nothing but a homer.

It was a questionable call. Ticky tack as I've said several times. Vikings got called for the same thing earlier in the game on an equally ticky tack questionable call. Packers went on to score a FG that drive. So if that call stands that is probably 3 points off the board for the Packers and maybe the Vikings win.

My point is that there were dozens of reasons the Packers didn't win. That call, which I have stated was questionable, was not the only deciding factor. And that rule was put in place because your favorite QB got injured last year from a guy falling on him. It's a terrible rule and hard to call at game speed, it puts the refs in a bad position. But the rule is there now because of Aaron Rodgers injury last year. So that came back to bite your team in the butt. On the replay it looks like Clay Mathews leaves his feet after hitting Cousins and lands on him...It's subjective to be sure and no question borderline and questionable and if they don't call it then yes your Packers win a game they never should have won. But they didn't. Are you complaining about the same call against Eric Kendricks? They already called it in this game. If they were paying attention the coaches should have advised their players to be extra careful. If Clay deadlegs and just drags Cousins down then no flag would be thrown but he didn't. He hit the guy where he should. But then two things happened. He lifted his arms while holding Cousins and left his feet. That appears in games speed to be trying to drive the QB into the ground. It is close and I get why people think it shouldn't be called. And I actually think the new rules are ridiculous, but that rule is in place because of your guy. And now, in the greatest of ironies, it has cost the Packers a win.

I'm not crying over that.

You can be mad about that call all you want. Your team and Clay Mathews have been getting away with bad calls in Lambeau for years and one goes against you and you want to lose your shit. Karma's a bitch.

Fact, Take that play out and your team scored one offensive TD, was unable to get into FG range in OT, gave up three TDs and one 2pt conversion IN ONE QUARTER OF PLAY Blew a chance to win in regulation with a bad kick of your own.

You want to blame ONE PLAY?

There were plenty of reasons why your team didn't win. Not just one play.

The good news is that now that it cost the NFL Darling Packers a win they will find a way to lax the rule a bit and maybe this wont happen again.

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 9/18/2018 8:36:57 AM >

Post #: 5817
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/18/2018 10:07:18 AM   
SoMnFan

People are arguing over the kind of day Kirk Cousins had?
That might be the final nail in my coffin.
Apparently, I have ZERO ability as far as judging performances on the playing field/rink/court.
I honestly thought to myself ... while pondering (no pun intended) ...how things would go in the Vikings threads this week ... that there was "at least no chance anyone would be whining about our QB play"
All these years on the planet, and this last one, is the one where it has finally hit me, to NEVER SAY NEVER.
Post #: 5818
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/18/2018 10:22:14 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

People are arguing over the kind of day Kirk Cousins had?
That might be the final nail in my coffin.
Apparently, I have ZERO ability as far as judging performances on the playing field/rink/court.
I honestly thought to myself ... while pondering (no pun intended) ...how things would go in the Vikings threads this week ... that there was "at least no chance anyone would be whining about our QB play"
All these years on the planet, and this last one, is the one where it has finally hit me, to NEVER SAY NEVER.

Yeah I don't get it either.

425 yds 4 TDs, the only INT off a deflection. Bringing a team back down 20-7 entering the 4th Qtr. Driving twice in OT into FG range only to have the Kicker blow it.

I just don't get how anyone could be unhappy with the play of Kirk Cousins. He continues to play like that and I will never be unhappy with him.

Post #: 5819
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/18/2018 10:23:42 AM   
SoMnFan

6. Minnesota Vikings

2018 record: 1-0-1
Week 2 ranking: 3

Kirk Cousins became the first Vikings quarterback with 400 passing yards and four touchdowns in a game since Daunte Culpepper in 2004. He was 14-for-20 with 219 yards and 3 TDs in the fourth quarter and overtime after going 0-for-7 in the fourth quarter in Week 1. This was the first time since at least 2001 that the Vikings didn't lose when trailing by eight or more points in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter. (They entered the game 0-76 in such situations since 2001.) -- Clawson
Post #: 5820
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/18/2018 10:25:01 AM   
SoMnFan

0-76
Post #: 5821
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/18/2018 11:02:37 AM   
MDK

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-gm-rick-spielman-had-no-choice-but-to-move-on-from-daniel-carlson/493540341/

Chalk this up as a notable draft bust by Spielman and special teams coordinator Mike Priefer, who presumably gave his recommendation before the organization drafted Carlson in the fifth round, the highest pick used on a kicker in team history.

When can we fire Mike Priefer, that homophobic idiot?

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5822
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/18/2018 11:03:44 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-gm-rick-spielman-had-no-choice-but-to-move-on-from-daniel-carlson/493540341/

Chalk this up as a notable draft bust by Spielman and special teams coordinator Mike Priefer, who presumably gave his recommendation before the organization drafted Carlson in the fifth round, the highest pick used on a kicker in team history.

He seems to be the Vikings org's "Punto"
Post #: 5823
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/18/2018 11:05:20 AM   
Mr. Ed

Cousins: Beast

Probably gets reigned in some this week, since Zimmer is the current king of clam up in opponents' territory, when in a tight game or with a lead.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5824
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/18/2018 11:06:06 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

He seems to be the Vikings org's "Punto"

one comment I read is that he's Zimmer's Richard Solomon.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5825
Page:   <<   < prev  231 232 [233] 234 235   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  231 232 [233] 234 235   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode