Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  233 234 [235] 236 237   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/23/2018 12:43:29 PM   
bstinger

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Horrible first quarter.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5851
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/23/2018 1:14:03 PM   
TJSweens

I've never been so disgusted in my life

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5852
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/23/2018 1:18:10 PM   
bstinger

I'm more disgusted at our President, but otherwise this is right up there.

The Vikes must've put money on the Bills today.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5853
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/23/2018 2:43:26 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Just a terrible weekend of football. Both locals laid an absolute egg and didn't even show up. Wow.
Post #: 5854
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/23/2018 3:03:41 PM   
bstinger

--twinsfan
Post #: 5855
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/23/2018 3:35:47 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Just a terrible weekend of football. Both locals laid an absolute egg and didn't even show up. Wow.

Minnesota Football

py·rite
[ˈpīˌrīt]

NOUN
a shiny yellow mineral consisting of iron disulfide and typically occurring as intersecting cubic crystals.Also called fool's gold.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5856
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/23/2018 4:36:34 PM   
CPAMAN

I predicted less than 11 wins and bet kgdabom $20 the Vikings would not win 11 regular season games. After the LA Rams and Eagles games, I like my chances.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 5857
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/23/2018 10:52:46 PM   
CPAMAN

The Kyle Rudolph comments are concerning. In other words, the Vikings don't seem to care some weeks.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 5858
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 7:53:21 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

I heard the Bills are +1500. Almost unheard of in the NFL. Anything can happen in the NFL. A good value bet would be $100 on the Bills to win today. I would make that bet just for fun if I was in Vegas

Good call.
Post #: 5859
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 7:55:38 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

The Kyle Rudolph comments are concerning. In other words, the Vikings don't seem to care some weeks.

I've been one of his few supporters thru his career here, have always felt he brought some things to the table
But I'm done with him
Mostly, because of a stupid play at the end of a stupid game, where he basically just quit.
Watch the replay of the 2-pt conversion at the end of yesterday's debacle if you can. Watch his effort. Puts it into perspective for me.
Why should we care, when so many of these guys do not.
Post #: 5860
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 9:10:40 AM   
MDK

I remember hearing something about the Steelers coached by Chuck Noll when they won the four super bowls. The team, over a 6 or 8 year period, went 50-3 against teams that had losing records.

They did not, did not lose to inferior teams. That means they never took their opponent for granted.

Perhaps the Vikings could learn something from that team.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5861
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 9:53:43 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Something is going to give here soon. This isn't a fluke. I don't know what but something happened in that NO game. The defense went from top 5 to bottom 5 at that halftime and it looks like it's in their heads.

Yesterday Ivory would get hit at the line head on and still mow through 4 guys to pick 4-7 yards. It was EVERY time. Kendricks is nowhere to be found, Barr is and it's ugly as hell. No way should Hughes be out there. He looks like he doesn't even understand the playbook yet.

I'm not even starting on the OLine. I knew they would be terrible. Same with ST's (even though I didn't think this terrible). The D is the one I can't figure out. It's not 3 yards and a cloud of dust stuff. There are massive plays being given up. Even in the SF game. Sure, we had a bunch of TO's and that was awesome, but the middle of the field and the flats were wide open all game long.
Post #: 5862
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 10:47:10 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Something is going to give here soon. This isn't a fluke. I don't know what but something happened in that NO game. The defense went from top 5 to bottom 5 at that halftime and it looks like it's in their heads.

Yesterday Ivory would get hit at the line head on and still mow through 4 guys to pick 4-7 yards. It was EVERY time. Kendricks is nowhere to be found, Barr is and it's ugly as hell. No way should Hughes be out there. He looks like he doesn't even understand the playbook yet.

I'm not even starting on the OLine. I knew they would be terrible. Same with ST's (even though I didn't think this terrible). The D is the one I can't figure out. It's not 3 yards and a cloud of dust stuff. There are massive plays being given up. Even in the SF game. Sure, we had a bunch of TO's and that was awesome, but the middle of the field and the flats were wide open all game long.

There are players lost out there. No clue where they're supposed to be. No clue on audible calls

That's on the coaches.

Huff and Gruff Head coach needs to stop reading the press clippings, too.

They are not a good football team right now.

Rams
Eagles

Lined up to kick their asses next 2 games.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5863
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 11:08:06 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

There are players lost out there. No clue where they're supposed to be. No clue on audible calls

That's on the coaches.

Rams
Eagles

The bottom line is that yesterday a team that hasn't won anything was so arrogant that they thought that all they had to do was show up and they would win. I have rarely seen a team, so thoroughly unprepared to play football. There was not one unit or even one individual that looked focused and ready.
Joseph stupidity begat Barr getting posterized begat a Barr personal foul begat Hughes trying to run out a kickoff to the endzone begat personal foul on return attempt begat horseshit oline play begat a Cousins fumble. And then it got bad after that.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5864
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 11:27:26 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

That's on the coaches.

Rams
Eagles

The bottom line is that yesterday a team that hasn't won anything was so arrogant that they thought that all they had to do was show up and they would win. I have rarely seen a team, so thoroughly unprepared to play football. There was not one unit or even one individual that looked focused and ready.
Joseph stupidity begat Barr getting posterized begat a Barr personal foul begat Hughes trying to run out a kickoff to the endzone begat personal foul on return attempt begat horseshit oline play begat a Cousins fumble. And then it got bad after that.

I heard you had never been so disgusted.

Sports, sports, sports, I guess your whole world is sports. Sad, really.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5865
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 11:30:06 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Perfectly said, all of you guys.
Getting GASHED on defense
Never thought I'd see that
This stretch, since that NO game ... is as bad as we have ever seen defensively.
And we just keep hoping the guru straightens it out
All we had yesterday was the pride inside Smith and Sendejo. That's all we had left on D.
Those two were all over the place or it would have been worse.

Can't agree more on the needed OVERALL criticism.
I get that the QB is the first to see flak, but jeezus.
I focused on the Oline until I couldn't watch anymore.
Not sure I've ever seen a unit so thoroughly overmatched. It was embarrassing. They could not even SLOW the rush down once the Bills knew we were in panic mode. Could not even get in the way.
And like you guys ... not meaning to single out any unit or guy. Because they were all awful.
I have been building statues for Thielen since Day One, and even he had at least 4-5 balls that he dropped and they just KILLED any hopes we had of getting our shit straight. Same with Diggs.
You know its bad when Treadwell was probably the most consistent performer.
Post #: 5866
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 11:37:33 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

That's on the coaches.

Rams
Eagles

I heard you had never been so disgusted.

Sports, sports, sports, I guess your whole world is sports. Sad, really.

While your whole world is stealing Common Man's schtick.

Post #: 5867
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 11:57:44 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Perfectly said, all of you guys.
Getting GASHED on defense
Never thought I'd see that
This stretch, since that NO game ... is as bad as we have ever seen defensively.
And we just keep hoping the guru straightens it out
All we had yesterday was the pride inside Smith and Sendejo. That's all we had left on D.
Those two were all over the place or it would have been worse.

Can't agree more on the needed OVERALL criticism.
I get that the QB is the first to see flak, but jeezus.
I focused on the Oline until I couldn't watch anymore.
Not sure I've ever seen a unit so thoroughly overmatched. It was embarrassing. They could not even SLOW the rush down once the Bills knew we were in panic mode. Could not even get in the way.
And like you guys ... not meaning to single out any unit or guy. Because they were all awful.
I have been building statues for Thielen since Day One, and even he had at least 4-5 balls that he dropped and they just KILLED any hopes we had of getting our shit straight. Same with Diggs.
You know its bad when Treadwell was probably the most consistent performer.

That was the one bright side I noticed too. Treadwell caught all 4 balls thrown to him. Hopefully that's the start of a trend and not an anomaly.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5868
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/24/2018 3:53:30 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

I remember hearing something about the Steelers coached by Chuck Noll when they won the four super bowls. The team, over a 6 or 8 year period, went 50-3 against teams that had losing records.

They did not, did not lose to inferior teams. That means they never took their opponent for granted.

Perhaps the Vikings could learn something from that team.

Geepers,

I have never coached a minute of football at any level and I can tell you that you have to play every game like it is the Superbowl. Any team can beat you if you are not prepared. You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat. NO team is too bad that you can't possibly lose. You have to approach it as your toughest opponent every week.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5869
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/25/2018 6:30:42 AM   
Mr. Ed

The season got a bit weirder

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen reportedly threatened to shoot up a hotel and then broke into a teammate’s home during the weekend, a pair of incidents that led to his brief detention and a hospital evaluation.
Griffen, a three-time Pro Bowler, made threats about “shooting up” the Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis on Saturday, law enforcement sources told FOX9. Griffen was seen pacing around the lobby of the hotel and a dispatcher said the suspect warned he would shoot someone if staff didn’t let him into his room, KSTP-TV reported.

Griffen agreed to leave the hotel after police arrived and no weapon was ever brandished, according to multiple reports.

The 30-year-old Vikings star was later detained for allegedly breaking into a teammate’s home, according to FOX9. It was unclear which teammate was the alleged victim. Griffen was taken to the hospital for an evaluation.
“We are aware of the situation involving Everson Griffen and certainly concerned by what we have heard,” Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said in a statement. “We are currently focused on Everson’s well-being and providing the appropriate support for him and his family.”
Griffen was set to miss Sunday’s game against the Buffalo Bills with an injury, but was presumably supposed to join his teammates on the sideline.
It’s unclear whether Griffen will face any discipline.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5870
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/25/2018 8:04:51 AM   
SoMnFan

There's some more of that great stuff we always get around here.
ON TOP OF the "play like crap" stuff.
I used to agree when other places in America wouldn't let us say we were the most cursed as far as our sports teams.
No more.
We've bolted into the lead, a lead we will probably never relinquish.
Post #: 5871
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/25/2018 8:11:42 AM   
ronhextall

Win the next two and the Bills game doesn't really matter.

Lose the next two and IMO Speilman should be fired after the season is over, that likely puts Zim on the clock for 2019.

A split, and they are one of a dozen teams trying to make playoffs.
Post #: 5872
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/25/2018 8:25:27 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

The season got a bit weirder

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen reportedly threatened to shoot up a hotel and then broke into a teammate’s home during the weekend, a pair of incidents that led to his brief detention and a hospital evaluation.
Griffen, a three-time Pro Bowler, made threats about “shooting up” the Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis on Saturday, law enforcement sources told FOX9. Griffen was seen pacing around the lobby of the hotel and a dispatcher said the suspect warned he would shoot someone if staff didn’t let him into his room, KSTP-TV reported.

Griffen agreed to leave the hotel after police arrived and no weapon was ever brandished, according to multiple reports.

The 30-year-old Vikings star was later detained for allegedly breaking into a teammate’s home, according to FOX9. It was unclear which teammate was the alleged victim. Griffen was taken to the hospital for an evaluation.
“We are aware of the situation involving Everson Griffen and certainly concerned by what we have heard,” Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said in a statement. “We are currently focused on Everson’s well-being and providing the appropriate support for him and his family.”
Griffen was set to miss Sunday’s game against the Buffalo Bills with an injury, but was presumably supposed to join his teammates on the sideline.
It’s unclear whether Griffen will face any discipline.

I've stayed at the Hotel Ivy several times. Nice place. In my mind I can picture Everson Griffen pacing around the lobby.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5873
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/25/2018 9:42:56 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Win the next two and the Bills game doesn't really matter.

Lose the next two and IMO Speilman should be fired after the season is over, that likely puts Zim on the clock for 2019.

A split, and they are one of a dozen teams trying to make playoffs.

So, let me get this straight. Speilman assembles a roster that everybody expects to compete for an NFC title and if it underachieves, the man who assembled the roster should be fired and the man who didn't live up to expectations with it should get another chance?

Post #: 5874
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/25/2018 9:54:06 AM   
SoMnFan

CPA spreading some warmth and love over in the REAL Viking thread.

hardware stores all over Minnesota are plumb out of pitchforks and torches
Post #: 5875
Page:   <<   < prev  233 234 [235] 236 237   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  233 234 [235] 236 237   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode