Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  246 247 [248] 249 250   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 10:08:35 AM   
MDK

Since the Vikings stand a snowball chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs and might not even get there......

Which team are you rooting for to take it all? (cause it won't be the Vikings unless we have divine intervention)

My picks

1. Kansas City.........I love the way Mahomes plays and they have a fun offense to watch.
2. Chicago.........this is not pulling for the Packers.......they have a rookie head coach who has turned that franchise completely around.....I can't stand Bears fans but
3. Rams......fun team to watch....to see the Bears defeat them......the Bears are for real.
4. Chargers......they would be a surprise.

Teams I don't want to win

1. Saints.....Brees is amazing but can't stand their HC Payton
2. Pats....they've won enough
3. Packers.....their chances are less than the Vikings but you have to put them on the list
4. Cowboys....another team that must go on a hated list.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6176
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 10:41:44 AM   
Corleone

Hey fellas, look on the bright side! At least we can get excited about the Wild....errr, the Wolves....I mean, the Gophers....the Twins might be....

Shitsville, part XXVII
Post #: 6177
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 10:43:08 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Since the Vikings stand a snowball chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs and might not even get there......

Which team are you rooting for to take it all?

I will tell you when the field is set.

But generally speaking it goes like this:
Vikings are always my first hope....SKOL!!!
After that it generally follows this, Packers Patriots and Cowboys must fail. so I will root for anyone over them
Then I root for the teams without a title and then the longest since their last title.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6178
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 10:47:40 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

3. Packers.....their chances are less than the Vikings but you have to put them on the list

The cowpukes top my hated list. Ever since Drew Pearson pushed off of Nate Wright, I have sworn eternal hatred for the city of Dallas. I doubled down on that hatred when Norm Gropey Greene moved the North Stars there.

The Saints would be my other hated team after bounty gate.

I have friends and coworkers who are Packer fans. To hate their success feels a little petty to me.

I don't root for the Pats, but I respect the hell out of them.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6179
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 11:02:06 AM   
sixthwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

The frustrating part to me is that while the rest of the NFL gets more creative, we insist on going backwards.
It is obvious DeFilippo was not the offensive coordinator last year for the Eagles, because they were creative and changed the game.
Almost every team now is adding things to their repertoire, things that we haven't seen before.
Motion, reverses, everyone handling the ball ... etc

The throw Cousins made BACKWARDS early in the game may have been the strangest play I have ever seen
Chickenshit bailout from a guy who is playing like a chickenshit.

Not the Packers - no creativity there either.

I see Flip got fired.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 6180
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 11:04:44 AM   
TJSweens

Holy Shit! Flipper got fired!

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6181
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 11:10:13 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Holy Shit! Flipper got fired!

LINK?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6182
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 11:12:07 AM   
SoMnFan

The Vikings are parting ways with offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation.

This comes after their 21-7 loss to the Seahawks on Monday night.

Quarterback coach Kevin Stefanski is expected to call plays now, Rapoport added.
Post #: 6183
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 11:12:40 AM   
SoMnFan

Let's run more
Post #: 6184
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 11:19:30 AM   
SoMnFan

Can't fire ALL the dipshits, gotta start with one.
Post #: 6185
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 11:22:29 AM   
MDK

Vikings announce that they will implement the playbook first used by Woody Hayes at THE Ohio State University for the remainder of the season.

3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6186
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 11:30:06 AM   
MDK

If the Vikings part ways with John DeFilippo,

when will they part ways with the special teams coach Mike Priefer

Sure seems like we have had problems with our FG kicker not only this season but previous seasons as well.

But my memory may be all confused. Didn't we win a playoff game against Seattle in the cold at TCF with a late Walsh long field goal?

Or am I thinking of the two drunk guys kicking a 27 yard FG on the ice at the end of the game out side a bar and making it.

Post #: 6187
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 11:51:12 AM   
Jeff Jesser

You gotta think that Zimm and Flipper (good call Tim ) got in to a doozy last night. You could tell there was tension for a while. I bet all hell exploded to cause that firing.
Post #: 6188
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 12:14:14 PM   
ronhextall

I hope that is the last OC Zimm gets to fire.

I hope it means the Wilfs are pissed.
Post #: 6189
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 12:14:58 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

Vikings announce that they will implement the playbook first used by Woody Hayes at THE Ohio State University for the remainder of the season.

3 yards and a cloud of dust.

That would be an improvement.
Post #: 6190
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 12:16:57 PM   
TJSweens

Stefanski has two major things to fix in these last 3 weeks.

1. The blocking in the middle of the line. A passing game that is predicated on creating angles and passing windows, can't function with the inside pass rush these guys allow constantly. It's a bit late to overhaul the offense, so he needs to find adjustments to that specific part of the game. Keep in mind, that inside penetration is blowing up running plays as well as the pass. Frankly, I don't understand what Compton is doing back in the lineup. Isadora wasn't great, but he was a damn sight better than Compton. I would also give some consideration to getting Brett Jones into the lineup at either C or G. Remmers is awful and Elflein looks really weak right now. With the way the middle of the line is playing, you just can't keep using these slow developing running plays. Use quick hitters that don't require the guards to hold blocks for so long.

2. He has got to find a way to incorporate more roll outs. This you new $84 million QB's game. You need to let him play it. This partly ties back to my first point. it's easier to roll out when you can effectively run the ball.

Post #: 6191
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 1:11:06 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Which team are you rooting for to take it all?

I will tell you when the field is set.

But generally speaking it goes like this:
Vikings are always my first hope....SKOL!!!
After that it generally follows this, Packers Patriots and Cowboys must fail. so I will root for anyone over them
Then I root for the teams without a title and then the longest since their last title.

That's somewhat different than you rules with baseball. How does that go again?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6192
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 1:18:36 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Which team are you rooting for to take it all? (cause it won't be the Vikings unless we have divine intervention)

My picks

1. Kansas City.........I love the way Mahomes plays and they have a fun offense to watch.
2. Chicago.........this is not pulling for the Packers.......they have a rookie head coach who has turned that franchise completely around.....I can't stand Bears fans but
3. Rams......fun team to watch....to see the Bears defeat them......the Bears are for real.
4. Chargers......they would be a surprise.

Teams I don't want to win

Once we're done, I jump in with the Patriots
It works pretty well, damn-near every year.
Post #: 6193
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 1:46:09 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Makes me laugh at when Dustin let us know his teams. It read something like:

Lakers NBA
Duke CBBall
Alabama football
Yankees or Red Sox depending on the year MLB
Detroit of the 90's NHL
UConn WCBB
Japan LLWS
China Badminton
Team USA Olympic BBall
Canada Curling
CCCP in any other winter Olympic event
Post #: 6194
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 2:12:14 PM   
Corleone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Makes me laugh at when Dustin let us know his teams. It read something like:

Lakers NBA
Duke CBBall
Alabama football
Yankees or Red Sox depending on the year MLB
Detroit of the 90's NHL
UConn WCBB
Japan LLWS
China Badminton
Team USA Olympic BBall
Canada Curling
CCCP in any other winter Olympic event

...I think there was also:

New Zealand Rugby
India Cricket
Edina Girls HS Tennis
Russia Pairs Figure Skating
Jamaica Sprinting/Kenya Distance Running
Harlem Globetrotters (Fake) Basketball
Post #: 6195
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 4:11:40 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Nice!
Post #: 6196
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 4:17:51 PM   
Mr. Ed

Saw a Buddy Ryan comparison to Zimmer as a head coach. As DL noted, not bad.

This guy is outdated. Now the defense barely can hold water any more.

So glad I didn't bother to watch a single minute of that crap last night.

Getting easier each game to care less.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6197
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 4:21:02 PM   
Mr. Ed

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/11/john-defilippo-firing-offensive-coordinator-mike-zimmer-minnesota-vikings

It was just a bad marriage, and as is so often the case, it was no one’s fault, really. Mike Zimmer, a defensive-minded head coach, wanted to run the ball. His new offensive coordinator, John DeFilippo, a young and innovative aerial designer, wanted to throw it. This appeared to create at least a subtle tension early in the season, which grew and became public as losses piled up.
DeFilippo’s reasoning for a pass-heavy approach made sense. Minnesota’s weak interior O-line struggles to get movement on the ground. Instead of ramming it inside, why not feature quicker throws underneath and to the perimeter, where star receivers Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, and even tailback Dalvin Cook, thrive?

The problem is Zimmer’s desires also made sense. Last season the Vikings ran the ball 31.3 times a game, second-most in the league only to Jacksonville. They weren’t particularly good at running—with a middling O-line and unimaginative Latavius Murray they averaged 3.9 yards per attempt, 23rd in the league—but to a coach like Zimmer, that’s not necessarily the point. It’s about controlling the game’s flow.
Still, in today’s NFL, your running game is only as effective as the passing game you build off it. A complaint you could issue about DeFilippo is that not enough of the Vikings’ aerial concepts derived from their ground concepts, especially given how quarterback Kirk Cousins thrived with run-and-pass integration in Washington. DeFilippo’s counter-argument, if he could issue one unfiltered, would be something along the lines of, I’m one of football’s more innovative route combination designers, this team spent a ton of money on a starting quarterback and has two superstar receivers. Let’s feature THAT first and foremost.

Replacing DeFilippo is Kevin Stefanski, which is where this gets interesting. The 36-year-old quarterbacks coach had a chance to follow Pat Shurmur to New York and become the Giants’ offensive coordinator, but Zimmer wouldn’t let Stefanski out of his contract. Stefanski has never called plays, but he has worked with quarterbacks, tight ends and running backs under multiple Vikings coaching staffs. More importantly, it is believed by some around the NFL that Stefanski, not Shurmur, was behind many of the details of Minnesota’s passing game last year. That passing game saw more explosive plays from Diggs and Thielen than the Vikings have generated this season. Zimmer might love running the ball, but it’s still a refined passing game that will make Minnesota’s offense go. Stefanski is tasked with building one in a more balanced offense.

A strong late-season run by Minnesota could catapult Stefanski into the growing pantheon of young offensive gurus in the league today. That’s a pantheon DeFilippo, a trendy head-coaching candidate prior to 2018, was part of early this season. The now-unemployed 40-year-old can still remain there, but his next job must be for a head coach with similar core beliefs.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6198
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 4:22:25 PM   
Mr. Ed

Kudos to Shurmur for doing more with less than they have this year

Big diff is QB. Mobility utilized by Shurmur, not used by the fired guy.

Shurmur, kudos to you for parlaying a big year.

Could just as well re-signed Teddy and muddled like this.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6199
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 4:29:54 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Kudos to Shurmur for doing more with less than they have this year

Big diff is QB. Mobility utilized by Shurmur, not used by the fired guy.

Shurmur, kudos to you for parlaying a big year.

Could just as well re-signed Teddy and muddled like this.

Teddy is actually better suited to Flip's scheme than Cousins.

Post #: 6200
Page:   <<   < prev  246 247 [248] 249 250   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  246 247 [248] 249 250   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode