Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  245 246 [247] 248 249   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 12:51:45 PM   
SoMnFan

6th Seed: Minnesota Vikings (6-5-1)

Regardless of Monday night's outcome, the Vikings will emerge from Week 14 in decent shape. Losses by the Panthers, Eagles and Redskins left only six NFC teams with records at .500 or above. As a result, FPI is giving the Vikings an 80.3 percent chance to make the playoffs, even as it predicts a loss in Seattle.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Post #: 6151
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 2:10:13 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

6th Seed: Minnesota Vikings (6-5-1)

Regardless of Monday night's outcome, the Vikings will emerge from Week 14 in decent shape. Losses by the Panthers, Eagles and Redskins left only six NFC teams with records at .500 or above. As a result, FPI is giving the Vikings an 80.3 percent chance to make the playoffs, even as it predicts a loss in Seattle.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lower the expectations.

Hey if they lose, it's no big deal!!

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6152
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 2:32:11 PM   
twinsfan

But it's true.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6153
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 2:55:45 PM   
SoMnFan

"Wins are fascist. ... Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains"
Post #: 6154
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 3:08:13 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

But it's true.

It is a big deal, It shows that the Vikings cant beat winning teams especially on the road and in primetime. Which all playoff games will be in.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6155
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 3:13:55 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

But it's true.

It is a big deal, It shows that the Vikings cant beat winning teams especially on the road and in primetime. Which all playoff games will be in.

Really? I would say the result of this game, a full month before any playoff game, means nothing as far as a predictor of said playoff game. Zero.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6156
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 3:16:32 PM   
SoMnFan

Gotta admit ... I've seen a ton of teams in my lifetime ... limp into the playoffs and look stupid doing it.
Only to end up winning the
whole
damn
ball
o' wax.
Post #: 6157
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 3:16:55 PM   
SoMnFan

I'm pretty sure that's what we are going to do ....

Post #: 6158
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 3:18:57 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Gotta admit ... I've seen a ton of teams in my lifetime ... limp into the playoffs and look stupid doing it.
Only to end up winning the
whole
damn
ball
o' wax.

Yup.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6159
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 3:22:26 PM   
twinsfan

Look, the NFC sucks from the Vikes down (even if it was supposed to be the deepest conference in the history of sports coming into the season). We win tonight, we're 88% a playoff team, we lose we're 83%. That says more about the conference than it does about the Vikes. In the playoffs anything can happen. Tonight's game is a millimeter of a step above meaningless in the context of a Vikes playoff run.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6160
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 7:03:39 PM   
twinsfan

What is this boxing guy Joe Tessitore doing on the Vikings game?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6161
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 9:57:06 PM   
sixthwi

Vikings are horrible tonight - about as bad as the Packers looked against the Cardinals.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 6162
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 8:50:12 AM   
SoMnFan

Tuesday Morning Confessional ....

* I've never soured on a human being as quickly as I have soured on Kirk Cousins.
* I've never soured on a human being as quickly as I have soured on Mike Zimmer
* I've never soured on a human being as quickly as I have soured on John DeFilippo
Post #: 6163
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 8:59:28 AM   
SoMnFan

We've got an idiot who's solution is "run more"
We've got idiots who don't roll out a QB ... who's most successful when he rolls out
We've got morons who don't look to their strength (WIDE RECEIVERS) ...until the game is out of reach
We've got asshats who get penalties for running out of time ON THE FIRST DRIVE OF THE GAME
We've got losers who can't consistently kick a ball, when it's their only job
We've got dorks who hold for field goals, but can't remember when to get on the field for that
We've got a twit who throws uncatchable balls ON FOURTH DOWNS
We've got zeros who cannot pick up six inches on a football field when they most need to
We've got jackwagons who cannot even slow people down, even tho it is their job to do so

Sorry. Now, I feel better.
Post #: 6164
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:12:05 AM   
TJSweens

I want Zim and Flip gone.

Flip designed a terrible scheme that is such a poor fit for his QB, that they may as well not have bothered to sign him. That first and goal opportunity in the 4th was an absolute train wreck. I get the same feeling watching the Vikings set up a screen as I do when I see Dubnyk come out to play a puck. I cringe and wait to see how many yards we are going to lose on it. The slow developing run plays are another one. They work fine when you have an Oline that can engage and hold a block for more than 0.008 seconds. With a POS line like ours, you are pretty well limited to quick hitters,where you at least have a chance to use the opponents ability to get up the field fast against them.

The only insight Zim adds to the mess is ... run the ball damn it!

I'm on the fence with Spielman. On one hand, he has managed to build a pretty good roster in a lot of areas. On the other hand, his attempts to build an O line for years is just one epic fail after another.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6165
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:36:14 AM   
SoMnFan

Once again I fall back on one thing to tell me all I need to know ..

When you decide to go for it on 4th down, what do you
a. call
b. do, when a. breaks down

Failing miserably on this part of the game.
Its an intelligence test.
That we continue to fail miserably at.

Dubnyk handling a puck, pretty good comp. A giraffe with a garden hose, attempting to move a ball/puck.
Post #: 6166
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:36:54 AM   
MDK

Has there ever been a more out of sync offensive coordinator, QB and head coach?

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6167
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:39:52 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Has there ever been a more out of sync offensive coordinator, QB and head coach?

It truly does not seem like it

I know we overreact, but its bad. Really, really, really .... bad.
Post #: 6168
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:44:28 AM   
SoMnFan

The frustrating part to me is that while the rest of the NFL gets more creative, we insist on going backwards.
It is obvious DeFilippo was not the offensive coordinator last year for the Eagles, because they were creative and changed the game.
Almost every team now is adding things to their repertoire, things that we haven't seen before.
Motion, reverses, everyone handling the ball ... etc

The throw Cousins made BACKWARDS early in the game may have been the strangest play I have ever seen
Chickenshit bailout from a guy who is playing like a chickenshit.
Post #: 6169
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:46:07 AM   
SoMnFan

I hate the Seahawks and I hate Bobby Wagner, but he nailed it on his mic the whole game ... "They ain't ready to play!"
Simply put, and correct.
Post #: 6170
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:49:13 AM   
MDK

I no longer can watch. I get somewhat excited about a national TV game.....plan to watch........see stupidity on the field.......get pissed off wanting to throw something at the TV......decide I will watch something else and check on the game at various times.

I check back and watch them do something stupid.....then I decide to check back even less.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6171
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:49:29 AM   
Jeff Jesser

You want to retract that "No" on Shurm/Keenum > Flip/Cousins?

Agree with you guys that there has never been a worse pairing. Flip is supposed to be some up and coming genius but he is horrible. He has no idea what to do out there.

Listen, KC's has his warts but I was really excited when we signed him. I've seen what he can do but looks absolutely clueless out there.
Post #: 6172
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:53:10 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

The frustrating part to me is that while the rest of the NFL gets more creative, we insist on going backwards.
It is obvious DeFilippo was not the offensive coordinator last year for the Eagles, because they were creative and changed the game.
Almost every team now is adding things to their repertoire, things that we haven't seen before.
Motion, reverses, everyone handling the ball ... etc

The throw Cousins made BACKWARDS early in the game may have been the strangest play I have ever seen
Chickenshit bailout from a guy who is playing like a chickenshit.

That play pretty much summed up the Flip/Cousins combo. Shitty play call and a QB who had no idea how to make the best of it. Murray's eyes told you everything you need to know about the 2018 MN Viking offense.....
Post #: 6173
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:53:42 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

You want to retract that "No" on Shurm/Keenum > Flip/Cousins?

Agree with you guys that there has never been a worse pairing. Flip is supposed to be some up and coming genius but he is horrible. He has no idea what to do out there.

Listen, KC's has his warts but I was really excited when we signed him. I've seen what he can do but looks absolutely clueless out there.

Let me put it this way
Shurm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flip
Cousins >>>>> Keenum
Last year's Oline >>>>>>>>>>> This year's Oline

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 12/11/2018 9:55:27 AM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6174
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:59:33 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Agree 100%. It was the tandem.
Post #: 6175
Page:   <<   < prev  245 246 [247] 248 249   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  245 246 [247] 248 249   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode