Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  247 248 [249] 250 251   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 4:38:03 PM   
David Levine

"This wasn't about one guy. It was a bunch of us not holding up our end of the bargain," said Zimmer, who added he would be more involved in the offense.

http://www.startribune.com/john-defilippo-vikings-offensive-coordinator-fired-after-ugly-monday-night-loss/502475261/
Post #: 6201
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 7:13:00 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It's insanity but not unexpected by him.
Post #: 6202
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2018 9:16:42 PM   
bstinger

I'm not sure if this is a shitstorm inside a dumpster fire or a dumpster fire inside a shitstorm but I put the blame on Zimmer first and Spielman 2nd. I have no idea if Flip knows a damn thing, since he didn't call plays in Philly, hard to say what skills he possessed to run our O. I just know that the more Zimmer said he was getting involved, the worse things got. Bigger picture I place the blame for crappy offense on the O-line primarily and secondarily on the lack of threats outside Diggs, Thielen, and Cook. That goes to some combo of Spileman and Zimmer drafting D so much.

For a Defensive Guru/Cornerback Whisperer that Zim was advertised as, shouldn't he be able to do more with less? No, we have over-invested on Defense, with draft picks and contracts and they really aren't as dominant as they should be.

Part of me would like to see us turn things around and make the playoffs and maybe win a game or two, but another part of me wants the shitstorm/dumpster fire combo to continue and Zimmer get ousted. We need to be more innovative, not less, and Zimmer is on record saying he wants the offense to be simple. That is not today's NFL.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6203
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/12/2018 10:33:58 AM   
ronhextall

Zimmer has to prove to me he isn't Buddy Ryan and/or Jeff Fisher.

Speilman is to blame for most of this, his blatant disregard for the OL the past several years should cost him his job.
Post #: 6204
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/12/2018 10:59:50 AM   
SoMnFan

who added he would be more involved in the offense.

oh. yay.
Post #: 6205
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/12/2018 12:16:07 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Zimmer to blame for sure but I gotta be honest and kick a man when he's down. I didn't see shit out of Flipper that told me he knew what he was doing. There was nothing innovative about this offense. He had to know the OLine was going to be a challenge and yet he did nothing to offset that.

And, if he did and we just didn't notice, even worse.
Post #: 6206
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/12/2018 12:25:34 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Zimmer to blame for sure but I gotta be honest and kick a man when he's down. I didn't see shit out of Flipper that told me he knew what he was doing. There was nothing innovative about this offense. He had to know the OLine was going to be a challenge and yet he did nothing to offset that.

Agreed
I loved Phillys creativity last year
Most said it was Doug Peterson ... sure seems to be true at this point.
Post #: 6207
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/12/2018 2:23:16 PM   
bstinger

quote:

The thing we don't know is how much Zimmer was limiting his innovation. I'm assuming it was a lot, but it's just a guess, he might be worthless.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6208
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/12/2018 2:34:10 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Zimmer has to prove to me he isn't Buddy Ryan and/or Jeff Fisher.

Speilman is to blame for most of this, his blatant disregard for the OL the past several years should cost him his job.

Let's be clear here. Speilman hasn't disregarded the Oline. He has acquired players, he's drafted some. It's not like he's done nothing. In the past two years he drafted Elflein and O'Neill If Elf can return to his rookie form that's not bad. Reiff is adequate when healthy, but he's made some dipshit acquisitions too, like Smith, and Remmers (or they were just dumb to move him to Guard when it is painfully obvious he is not good for it. and now the failure of Remmers is that they are leaving him there. Acquiring Compton this year was a waste of money. He could do better about improving the Oline to be sure, but to say he's blatantly disregarded it is completely off base.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6209
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/12/2018 4:35:55 PM   
Mr. Ed

Boo hoo.

Zim's kid rips Vikings fans for being tough on dad

Oh boo hoo

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6210
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/13/2018 8:17:03 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Boo hoo.

Zim's kid rips Vikings fans for being tough on dad

Oh boo hoo

I'll say it again ... easiest place in America to be a HC, in any of our major sports. EASIEST.

Grow a pair
Don't play up being a tough guy, then cry the first time the water gets hot.
Post #: 6211
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/13/2018 9:33:27 AM   
TJSweens

Meh. A daughter defends her father. Why was this even news worthy?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6212
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/13/2018 10:15:34 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Meh. A daughter defends her father. Why was this even news worthy?

If we didn't talk about speculation and overreaction in here, there wouldn't be a "here"
Post #: 6213
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/13/2018 11:07:48 AM   
ronhextall

Her dad takes heat because its the NFL.

The reason she hates it is also the reason his checks are so big.

Go coach DIII football, nobody gives a shit and it also pays accordingly.

Frankly that arguement in all major college and pro sports means nothing to me anymore. Don't like the heat? Their are low paying alternatives that allow you to do the exact same job with a lot less headaches.

I am about to that point with college players also. They get tutors, special meals, free everything for 5 years, and unbelievable academic help. The can also go play DIII, where you pay $50,000+ a year to compete.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 12/13/2018 11:11:01 AM >
Post #: 6214
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/13/2018 11:08:34 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Her dad takes heat because its the NFL.

The reason she hates it is also the reason his checks are so big.

Go coach DIII football, nobody gives a shit it it also pays accordingly.

Bingo

In the EASIEST place to coach NFL football, btw
Post #: 6215
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/16/2018 3:29:50 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Very nice win today. 2 stank-ass plays made it much closer than it needed to be until the end. D brought their big boy pants and the O had some nice drives. No ST's gaffe's and for a guy who never makes the team, Sherels contributes again just when we needed him.
Post #: 6216
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/16/2018 4:35:43 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Very nice win today. 2 stank-ass plays made it much closer than it needed to be until the end. D brought their big boy pants and the O had some nice drives. No ST's gaffe's and for a guy who never makes the team, Sherels contributes again just when we needed him.

Spot on.

As the game wore on, put more blitz packages on the QB and it changed the game.

Cook had a sweet Chuck Foreman spin on the last score.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6217
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/16/2018 10:09:22 PM   
bstinger

It was a nice win, but the Dolphin D stinks statistically, so have to take it with a grain of salt. Still controlling our destiny though so that is good. Win 'em all, we certainly can if we play as well as we're able. Nobody is unbeatable.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6218
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2018 9:32:04 AM   
TJSweens

My take:

Yes, the Dolphins defense is not exactly a top unit. None the less, the Vikings offense piled up 41 points and could have had more, if it were not for a couple of drive killing penalties (Elf / Compton & Remmers).

The first quarter was awesome. Stefanski was calling run plays that focused on getting the runner through the line of scrimmage as quickly as possible and mixing in a lot of roll outs. For some reason he went away from what was working and started mixing in the hand it off 7 yards deep in the backfield, slow developing run plays that have killed us all year, more straight drops and those WR screens that we absolutely suck at. The offense stalled at that point. At some point in the second half, Stefanski finally went back to what was working earlier and they tacked on more points. Finally, I don't remember a single play where Cousin's safety outlet wasn't positioned to where he would have had to throw the ball backwards.

We need to junk our WR screens until they design new ones. That was one of the most damning failures of Flip's offense. Probably 80% of our WR screens resulted in -2 to + 2 yds. It seemed like for every one that was successful, there was another one that lost 5+ yards or got picked off. With those results, they obviously aren't fooling anyone with that play. The pick 6 was a result of poor recognition by Cousins and poor play design. A DB should never be able to jump that easily into the passing lane off the snap. He anticipated it right from the beginning.

The defense was good all game, but they absolutely played pissed off after the long TD run. It's like the D decided Miami had to be punished for that play. Tannehill took the brunt of the abuse.

Yesterday left me with the feeling that it is definitely not too late to salvage this season and playoffs. The defense is peaking (still like to see more take aways) and if the offense stays with the quick hitting, running game and avoid receiver screens, they can score enough points.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6219
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2018 12:15:32 PM   
ronhextall

Post #: 6220
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2018 12:17:51 PM   
ronhextall

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 12/17/2018 12:45:55 PM >
Post #: 6221
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2018 12:59:30 PM   
TJSweens

I must have made a hell of a post. It left Ron speechless.

Post #: 6222
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2018 1:19:33 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

Tried to delete my posts. Doesn’t seem possible.
Post #: 6223
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2018 5:52:10 PM   
MDK

quote:

Truth be told, it was a damn fine post.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6224
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/18/2018 8:05:47 AM   
SoMnFan

He sputtered, he stammered, and all that would come out were a couple of punctuation marks.
Impressive, Sweens.
Post #: 6225
Page:   <<   < prev  247 248 [249] 250 251   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  247 248 [249] 250 251   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode