Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  254 255 [256] 257 258   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/10/2019 9:13:06 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

I have to admit
If the Packers played the Saints, I'm pulling for the Packers.
That's the level my hatred has grown to for that franchise, who seems to think the world owes them everything.
Brees might be a great story and a Saint, but I wish him nothing but the worst.
Mostly because Sean Payton is involved. Attitude starts at the top, certainly does there.

If any two of the Packers, Cowboys and Saints were playing, I would look at it as a glorious time and place for a meteor strike.

Eagles are getting there for me as well, especially if it's in Philly.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6376
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/10/2019 9:54:41 AM   
twinsfan

Why does everyone hate the winning teams?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6377
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/10/2019 10:04:05 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Why does everyone hate the wHining teams?

FTFY
Post #: 6378
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/10/2019 11:05:40 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Because they stand between us and glory

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6379
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/10/2019 12:58:28 PM   
bstinger

quote:

I hate the douchey teams. Eagles fans are especially douchey.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6380
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/10/2019 8:57:24 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Yeah, Philly fans are rude and annoying but they're also paper tigers. It's real easy to be 'tough' when you are surrounded by 65000 like minded idiots. Get that one guy in a 1 on 1 situation with a farm boy who's starred down a 2000 horse and said "you're wearing this saddle whether you like it or not" and see what the outcome is.
Post #: 6381
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/10/2019 9:19:18 PM   
TJSweens

You speaking from personal experience?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6382
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/10/2019 10:33:59 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

Hell no, I'm the biggest pansie in the US. I've met some dudes tho

That being said, I did grow up on a rural (small) farm and met dudes in the Army that made me laugh. When the crap hit the fan they were MIA. And, generally, they were East Coast dudes.
Post #: 6383
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/11/2019 9:46:04 AM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

That being said, I did grow up on a rural (small) farm and met dudes in the Army that made me laugh. When the crap hit the fan they were MIA. And, generally, they were East Coast dudes.

Sounds like you might have met some cowboys in Texas who rodeo.....those guys make NFL players seem like whimps. We have a bunch in South Dakota. Tough guys who have taken a licking or two in life from a live animal.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6384
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/11/2019 10:15:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

Sounds like you might have met some cowboys in Texas who rodeo.....those guys make NFL players seem like whimps. We have a bunch in South Dakota. Tough guys who have taken a licking or two in life from a live animal.

Mention two of the top of my head....Jared Allen and Dennis Rodman. NFL and NBA players stayed out of their way.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6385
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/11/2019 2:06:25 PM   
SoMnFan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L61WcNrJE7U

Footage of Brady meeting Brown.
Post #: 6386
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/15/2019 3:22:32 PM   
Ricky J

Anyone thinking we should of went for it on 4-7?

If you don't make it and give up a fg seems to me you'd have more of a chance than 80 yards and 6 seconds

- I don't know, I'm just throwing shit at the wall.
Post #: 6387
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/15/2019 6:51:10 PM   
Mr. Ed

Cousins chocked this game away.

But also, what was up with HC wonder-defense coughing up 21 points in just over a quarter?

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6388
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/15/2019 6:52:39 PM   
Mr. Ed

and the NFL's New Orleans replay of PI rule?

A mess. Not just this came, but others, too.

Garbage decision.

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 9/15/2019 6:57:54 PM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6389
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/15/2019 8:22:47 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

and the NFL's New Orleans replay of PI rule?

A mess. Not just this came, but others, too.

Garbage decision.

No doubt. This is where instant replay has gone way too far. Sean Payton cried and threw a world class hissy fit and now we're stuck with a really bad use of replay.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6390
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/15/2019 11:05:49 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

Cousins chocked this game away.

But also, what was up with HC wonder-defense coughing up 21 points in just over a quarter?

I don't fight much over there but I'm 'fighting' this angle over on the Vikes board. It's JMO but it wasn't just Cousins. He was absolute crap but we have systematic problems that will always keep us in the "mediocre enough to get wins that get us in the 15-20 draft zone" but that sucks.

We cannot stop a team when we need it most and if we need a FG, forget it. This is all on Zimmer, IMO. I loved the hire but this dude is not HC material. He would be a great DC but that's his ceiling.

We have way too much payroll on the D to come out and get down 21-0 to a first year HC/OC on the road. That's just shit planning bush league. Throw in the ST's that have plagued Zimmer his whole tenure and we can't continue to blame the O/QB (who was shit again…)

We need the Wilfs/RS to put pressure on Zimmer. He isn't winning games on the side of the ball he's an "expert" at.
Post #: 6391
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/15/2019 11:06:56 PM   
bstinger

What sucked...
1st Q D
Cousins Decisions on INT's
Pass Protection
OPI calls, especially the review one that cost us a TD
Diggs removing his damn helmet.
FG/POT team
Play calling-particularly the naked boots with the TE in the flat. Called at least 3 of them and they all failed miserably.
Where the hell was Barr today?

What didn't
Cook
D after 1st Q
Smith
Run Blocking

I'd like to see some downfield passing to Irv.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6392
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/15/2019 11:25:27 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

What sucked...
1st Q D — Why, were we not prepared? It wasn't a TD on the opening drive. It was 21-0 nothing before we got our shit together. They didn't score another point. WTH did we see that suprised a 30 year D guru that took him that long to adjust and then, basically, master? And…..this isn't the first time we've seen this type of shit.

Cousins Decisions on INT's — Horrific. Just horrific. DC hated him for this so I guess this is who he is ~~ barf

Pass Protection — gotta be honest, it was expected with this group. You don't change a Rhino's spots in 1 year. This continues to be on RS and it sucks. In their defense, run game looks solid.

OPI calls, especially the review one that cost us a TD — Calls in general. At least the media is calling it out too. It's just baffling.

Diggs removing his damn helmet. — He's been an idiot in the regards in the past. Surprised the "old school disciplinarian known as Zimmer" hasn't weeded this out (sarcasm aside).

FG/POT team — Been shit since Zimmer took over. We've actually been decent, as far as I remember, for 20 years before that).

Play calling-particularly the naked boots with the TE in the flat. Called at least 3 of them and they all failed miserably. — Even the national crew called us out on that one.

Where the hell was Barr today?

What didn't
Cook
D after 1st Q
Smith
Run Blocking

I'd like to see some downfield passing to Irv.
Post #: 6393
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 7:24:37 AM   
SoMnFan

A shame really
When we do get some things looking better, the things we thought were ok, are not.
Cooks a real find. Love the kid.
I gave Cousins the BOTD early on. He's brutal. "Normal" quarterbacking yesterday, and we win by 10.
Of course its not all on him, but like I said, figure one area out, and the others crash.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 6394
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 9:00:24 AM   
TJSweens

It's amazing how on the Vikes thread we went from week 1 being a flawless masterpiece of Zim coaching and offensive scheme and hey even Cousins completed 80% of his passes. This week, the sky is falling. We're back to Zim being a dinosaur who has been passed by the game he coaches, and Cousins is worse than Keenum and his contract is the reason we don't have an elite offensive line ... oh why oh why didn't we just resign Keenum.

Here is what is singularly frustrating about yesterday. The game was incredibly winnable. The Pukers showed, once again, that they aren't anywhere near their preseason hype. Frankly, they really aren't that good. Even spotting them 21 points, that was a shoulda won it game.

Here are how I saw the problems. This is just a numerical list. I don't mean this as a ranked order of problems.

1. Took way too long for Zim to adjust what Erin and the Pukers were doing. Game preparation was bad.
2. The kicking game bit us in the ass again.
3. The refs f***ed us again when that TD was overturned.
4. Diggs played with his head up ass, TD catch aside.
5. Cousins was terrible. That int in the end zone was one of the stupidest throws I have ever seen in my life. Ironically, the Keenum lovers are bashing Cousins for the throw, while forgetting Keenum's great season was built on butt blind luck attempting the same throws.
6. The line, especially Bradbury, continues to struggle with the pass block.

I'm with Jesser, Cousins was awful, but he was far from the only major issue in the result. I saw a lot of correctable things yesterday. I expect Bradbury and the O-line as a whole to improve the pass block. They have two new starters and a third guy who moved to a new position. It's going to time to get the line calls and the assignments right. The positive is that the run blocking has improved tremendously. The D made the adjustments and shut down precious little Erin for the final 40 minutes.

Get back to practice. Iron out the kinks. Beat the Raiders and the Vikes thread will turn back into the land of sunshine and lollipops.

Post #: 6395
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 9:29:03 AM   
sixthwi

I was happy with the outcome

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 6396
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 9:31:25 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

I was happy with the outcome

You're stupid, fat and ugly and your feet smell like cheese.

Post #: 6397
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 9:33:27 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

It's amazing how on the Vikes thread we went from week 1 being a flawless masterpiece of Zim coaching and offensive scheme and hey even Cousins completed 80% of his passes. This week, the sky is falling. We're back to Zim being a dinosaur who has been passed by the game he coaches, and Cousins is worse than Keenum and his contract is the reason we don't have an elite offensive line ... oh why oh why didn't we just resign Keenum.

Here is what is singularly frustrating about yesterday. The game was incredibly winnable. The Pukers showed, once again, that they aren't anywhere near their preseason hype. Frankly, they really aren't that good. Even spotting them 21 points, that was a shoulda won it game.

Here are how I saw the problems. This is just a numerical list. I don't mean this as a ranked order of problems.

1. Took way too long for Zim to adjust what Erin and the Pukers were doing. Game preparation was bad.
5. Cousins was terrible. That int in the end zone was one of the stupidest throws I have ever seen in my life. Ironically, the Keenum lovers are bashing Cousins for the throw, while forgetting Keenum's great season was built on butt blind luck attempting the same throws.

I'm with Jesser, Cousins was awful, but he was far from the only major issue in the result. I saw a lot of correctable things yesterday. I expect Bradbury and the O-line as a whole to improve the pass block. They have two new starters and a third guy who moved to a new position. It's going to time to get the line calls and the assignments right. The positive is that the run blocking has improved tremendously. The D made the adjustments and shut down precious little Erin for the final 40 minutes.

Get back to practice. Iron out the kinks. Beat the Raiders and the Vikes thread will turn back into the land of sunshine and lollipops.

They also got way too cute.

For once, I disagreed with a pass play, and thought on the stupid interception, they should have kept pounding the ball. They were ripping off chunks of yardage every time.

Putting the game in Cousins' hands is folly.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6398
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 9:38:45 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

They also got way too cute.

For once, I disagreed with a pass play, and thought on the stupid interception, they should have kept pounding the ball. They were ripping off chunks of yardage every time.

Putting the game in Cousins' hands is folly.

Very true. They were clearly wearing down the Puker front and Smith was off getting his leg looked at.

Post #: 6399
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 9:47:51 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Big thing is there is still a ton of game rust...especially after only throwing the ball 10 times the week before. You have an explosive 2nd TE just waiting to do something.....use him......room all over the middle of the field with Cook, Thielen, and Diggs.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6400
Page:   <<   < prev  254 255 [256] 257 258   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  254 255 [256] 257 258   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode