Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 9:53:40 AM   
TJSweens

Another thing I have noticed going from Norv to Shurmur to Flip to Stefanski to Stefanski / Kubiak is that this team is constitutionally incapable of running a successful screen play. Whether it's a receiver scree, bubble screen, TE screen, running back screen, they just suck at it. The only time they make any significant yardage is when Cook breaks a couple of tackles to get 5 yards out of it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6401
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 9:55:58 AM   
Phil Riewer

They are making their screen game way to obvious or throwing a TE screen to Rudolph....they need to get the ball to Smith on a bubble or TE Screen. Way more explosive.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6402
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 10:02:02 AM   
TJSweens

If by way more explosive, you mean they get more than 3 yards out of it, I agree. I think you are right, they make it way too obvious. They haven't figured out to disguise it like other teams do. They also can't seem to get the right people in the right place to set it up.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6403
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 10:06:10 AM   
CPAMAN

I think Cousins will get better and many will be praising his laurels come November. He had a bad game, but better now than the first week of December.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 6404
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 10:37:21 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

I think Cousins will get better and many will be praising his laurels come November. He had a bad game, but better now than the first week of December.

No, no, no. He is the worst QB in football. He is only good enough to start for a mediocre team. His contract means the Vikings won't be able to keep half of their starters. They clearly should have kept Keenum because he would have thrived in our system.

Sorry, I have read too many posts in the Vikings thread.

Post #: 6405
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 1:26:37 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

No, no, no. He is the worst QB in football. He is only good enough to start for a mediocre team. His contract means the Vikings won't be able to keep half of their starters. They clearly should have kept Keenum because he would have thrived in our system.

Sorry, I have read too many posts in the Vikings thread.

You maybe have read too many posts

But I don't see Cousins ever becoming an elite QB despite the arm.

He has an elite arm and a pea sized brain.

He and Gibson are Twin sons of different mothers.

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6406
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 1:41:32 PM   
TJSweens

He will never be an elite QB, but that doesn't he can't be a good one. I have a couple of issues with the common complaints about Cousins:

1. He can't beat winning teams. This statement looks at wins and losses in a vacuum that makes Cousins as the sole determining factor in wins and losses. To be fair, until last year, Cousins played for a really shitty organization that hasn't beaten many winning teams for years.

2. His contract will cause us to lose other key players. That didn't happen. We even added Sheldon Richardson after we signed Cousins. So, now that is turning to ... we couldn't afford to build a quality line because of his contract. The difference between Cousins and Keenum is about $9 million. Pure bullshit. What great FA O-line men did we miss out on?

3. Keenum was a gunslinger who would have thrived in Flip's offense. Keenum thrived for 1 year, not because of a system that allowed him to thrive, but because he made a shit load of stupid throws like the ones Cousins threw yesterday only to have Theilen and Diggs do an incredible job of out fighting multiple D-backs to make. Several of those throws, Keenum wasn't even looking. He just chucked it down field while he was being tackled. The horseshoe fell out of his ass in the second half against the Saints.

Post #: 6407
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 1:49:20 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

He will never be an elite QB, but that doesn't he can't be a good one. I have a couple of issues with the common complaints about Cousins:

1. He can't beat winning teams. This statement looks at wins and losses in a vacuum that makes Cousins as the sole determining factor in wins and losses. To be fair, until last year, Cousins played for a really shitty organization that hasn't beaten many winning teams for years.

2. His contract will cause us to lose other key players. That didn't happen. We even added Sheldon Richardson after we signed Cousins. So, now that is turning to ... we couldn't afford to build a quality line because of his contract. The difference between Cousins and Keenum is about $9 million. Pure bullshit. What great FA O-line men did we miss out on?

3. Keenum was a gunslinger who would have thrived in Flip's offense. Keenum thrived for 1 year, not because of a system that allowed him to thrive, but because he made a shit load of stupid throws like the ones Cousins threw yesterday only to have Theilen and Diggs do an incredible job of out fighting multiple D-backs to make. Several of those throws, Keenum wasn't even looking. He just chucked it down field while he was being tackled. The horseshoe fell out of his ass in the second half against the Saints.

The one thing no one talks much about in the 1st half---Diggs couldn't catch. 3 big drops. They blame Cousins but Diggs hammy and lack of practice time help lead to this piss poor passing attack and the rusty play. Cousins still made two big plays....long td to Diggs on a pee and throwing the ball to Beebe while being tackled. They had to play almost perfect in the 2nd half on both sides of the ball.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6408
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 3:06:57 PM   
SoMnFan

Whats with all the drops?
Anyone see the end of the Philly/Falcons game?
Agalor is streaking down the sidelines with eh game-winner, Wentz lays it perfectly in his hands …. drop.
And everyone kinda just goes … oh yeah.
We've got these freaks catching everythgn in sight, way over their head, one hand, one finger, back hand, you-name-it …. yet guys still drop ones that grandpa lays softly in your hands.
Guess that's why we play em. Ya just never know.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 6409
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 3:37:10 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

You speaking from personal experience?

Hell no, I'm the biggest pansie in the US. I've met some dudes tho

That being said, I did grow up on a rural (small) farm and met dudes in the Army that made me laugh. When the crap hit the fan they were MIA. And, generally, they were East Coast dudes.

Sounds like you might have met some cowboys in Texas who rodeo.....those guys make NFL players seem like whimps. We have a bunch in South Dakota. Tough guys who have taken a licking or two in life from a live animal.

We have a SD Cowboy Dad in our Little League.
Rodeos Professionally.
Gentle Giant mostly, but his wife says someone always wants to pick a fight with the Cowboy,
but no one who ever did with him was standing up to talk about it.

I believe her.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 6410
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 3:44:56 PM   
McMurfy

Oh,
and Zimmer sucks.

He’s TK.
Too Old
Too Stubborn
Too out of touch.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 6411
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 8:54:10 PM   
bstinger

quote:

It's amazing how on the Vikes thread we went from week 1 being a flawless masterpiece of Zim coaching and offensive scheme and hey even Cousins completed 80% of his passes. This week, the sky is falling. We're back to Zim being a dinosaur who has been passed by the game he coaches, and Cousins is worse than Keenum and his contract is the reason we don't have an elite offensive line ... oh why oh why didn't we just resign Keenum.

Here is what is singularly frustrating about yesterday. The game was incredibly winnable. The Pukers showed, once again, that they aren't anywhere near their preseason hype. Frankly, they really aren't that good. Even spotting them 21 points, that was a shoulda won it game.

Here are how I saw the problems. This is just a numerical list. I don't mean this as a ranked order of problems.

1. Took way too long for Zim to adjust what Erin and the Pukers were doing. Game preparation was bad.
2. The kicking game bit us in the ass again.
3. The refs f***ed us again when that TD was overturned.
4. Diggs played with his head up ass, TD catch aside.
5. Cousins was terrible. That int in the end zone was one of the stupidest throws I have ever seen in my life. Ironically, the Keenum lovers are bashing Cousins for the throw, while forgetting Keenum's great season was built on butt blind luck attempting the same throws.
6. The line, especially Bradbury, continues to struggle with the pass block.

I'm with Jesser, Cousins was awful, but he was far from the only major issue in the result. I saw a lot of correctable things yesterday. I expect Bradbury and the O-line as a whole to improve the pass block. They have two new starters and a third guy who moved to a new position. It's going to time to get the line calls and the assignments right. The positive is that the run blocking has improved tremendously. The D made the adjustments and shut down precious little Erin for the final 40 minutes.

Get back to practice. Iron out the kinks. Beat the Raiders and the Vikes thread will turn back into the land of sunshine and lollipops.

Nice list.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6412
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 8:58:04 PM   
bstinger

quote:

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6413
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/16/2019 11:00:12 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Oh,
and Zimmer sucks.

He’s TK.
Too Old
Too Stubborn
Too out of touch.

So we got a couple SB wins coming up.
Post #: 6414
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 12:33:36 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Oh,
and Zimmer sucks.

He’s TK.
Too Old
Too Stubborn
Too out of touch.

So we got a couple SB wins coming up.

Be clear on that. TK got those wins early in his managing career. All within 5 years of getting the job. Zimmer's now in his sixth season...

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6415
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 1:08:59 PM   
ronhextall

I looked up how long it took each coach to win their first Super Bowl. Posted results on football board last season.

Let’s just say it happens early or not at all.

Speilman has been in charge a long time and needed the luckiest play in recent history to wins grand total of one playoff game.
Post #: 6416
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 1:14:27 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I looked up how long it took each coach to win their first Super Bowl. Posted results on football board last season.

Let’s just say it happens early or not at all.

Speilman has been in charge a long time and needed the luckiest play in recent history to wins grand total of one playoff game.

You ever heard of a guy named Pete Carroll?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6417
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 1:27:13 PM   
TJSweens

Bill Belichick had a losing record as the head coach of Cleveland for five years before he got the Patriots job.

Post #: 6418
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 1:28:04 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Bill Belichick had a losing record as the head coach of Cleveland for five years before he got the Patriots job.

I like my example better.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6419
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 1:30:35 PM   
David Levine

Carroll won the SB in his 4th year with the Hawks, Bill B in his 2nd with NE.
Post #: 6420
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 1:34:15 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Precisely. Thank you DL.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6421
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 1:44:37 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Bill B. won in is his 7th year as a head coach and was actually fired from his first head coaching gig. ronhextall's argument is that coaches win right away or not at all. Belichick shows a coach can fail miserably before he succeeds.

Post #: 6422
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 1:46:41 PM   
twinsfan

OK, time to play devil's advocate. Ever heard of a guy named Jeff Fisher?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6423
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 1:48:33 PM   
TJSweens

Yes, I have heard of him.

Post #: 6424
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/17/2019 2:02:16 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Bill B. won in is his 7th year as a head coach and was actually fired from his first head coaching gig. ronhextall's argument is that coaches win right away or not at all. Belichick shows a coach can fail miserably before he succeeds.

So maybe Zimmer will win a SB with his 2nd or 3rd team?

I think Ron's point still stands.
Post #: 6425
Page:   <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode