Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NASCAR

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Other Sports >> RE: NASCAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NASCAR - 5/24/2009 12:50:30 PM   
Jim Frenette

Matt last year at the beginning of the year, Robbie changed from Ford to Dodge and was penalized because he didn't get the right nose for the car shipped to him. Now just this week I see him in a Toyota. I don't know if he started the year in one or if he changed again after the year started

Fargo
Post #: 51
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 12:04:46 AM   
Matt Dahl

I think he's been in a Toyota all year.

How was the race tonight? I was at the Twins game. Maybe the race is still going?....it was in a rain delay when I left for the game.

M
Post #: 52
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 9:21:34 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matt Dahl

I think he's been in a Toyota all year.

How was the race tonight? I was at the Twins game. Maybe the race is still going?....it was in a rain delay when I left for the game.

I think you should know by now that you didn't miss the race. It is on at 11 this morning

Fargo
Post #: 53
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 4:03:13 PM   
Matt Dahl

I was at MOA early this afternoon and my cell phone rang. It was my uncle asking if I was watching the race....cuz guess who's leading??...Robby Gordon!...caution was out for rain, but Robby led the pack! He called back 15 minutes later and said Robby had managed to drop back to 39th and they hadn't even started racing again. It was too good to last.

M
Post #: 54
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 4:19:55 PM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

I was at MOA early this afternoon and my cell phone rang. It was my uncle asking if I was watching the race....cuz guess who's leading??...Robby Gordon!...caution was out for rain, but Robby led the pack! He called back 15 minutes later and said Robby had managed to drop back to 39th and they hadn't even started racing again. It was too good to last.

Right now under another rain delay and race is over halfway and RG is sitting 3rd

Fargo
Post #: 55
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 4:26:17 PM   
Matt Dahl

Have you been watching? I don't understand how he's competing. Is it lucky pit strategy? It has to be. He hasn't been able to race to the front since 2004.

M
Post #: 56
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 4:28:58 PM   
Matt Dahl

OK, got your answer on the Twins board. PLEASE KEEP RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not really in the mood to see Kasey Kahne or Jimmie Johnson pull another one out in Charlotte.

M
Post #: 57
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 4:40:03 PM   
Matt Dahl

If you're hoping for more racing, don't worry.....there's no way NASCAR is gonna let this race end with Robby Gordon in 3rd place. NASCAR hates Robby. Now if Robby was sitting back in his usual 38th, they would have called this thing off hours ago.

M
Post #: 58
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 4:41:22 PM   
Matt Dahl

It is absolutely pouring out there. Just call it!!!!!!

Why aren't they out there running caution laps?

M
Post #: 59
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 4:56:20 PM   
Matt Dahl

Track is soaked. The only thing keeping NASCAR from calling it is a no-name leader and being forced to give Robby a Top 3 finish, all but assuring him of being locked into the Top 35 for the rest of the season. Even FOX says it should be called. In my mind, this race is over. Ruettiman has his first career victory and Robby has his first Top 3 finish since 2004. If they do restart this race and "officially" someone else gets the win, it will be tainted.

This is much like when Robby was robbed of the Busch/Nationwide win last season (I think?) or maybe the season before.......when Robby won, and he knew it, and he did the victory spin-outs, but NASCAR took the win away from him for some BS "reason."

M
Post #: 60
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 5:16:02 PM   
Matt Dahl

FOX just said they interviewed Robby earlier in the rain delay. Did anyone see it? If so, please post the transcript. Thanks.

M
Post #: 61
RE: NASCAR - 5/25/2009 6:35:50 PM   
Jim Frenette

I didn't see the interview.

Nothing against Robbie, but I hate races that end like this. Reuttiman didn't deserve the win, he admitted his car was in terrible shape and that if the race restarted they would be making wholesale changes.

Still close to 300 miles left, they couls restart tommorow

Fargo
Post #: 62
RE: NASCAR - 5/26/2009 9:03:29 AM   
Matt Dahl

Told ya NASCAR can't just leave well enough alone when it comes to Robby Gordon.  His car is under inspection, and I won't be surprised at all if they take his 3rd place finish away.

http://www.crash.net/nascar/news/147445/1/gordons_car_under_further_inspection.html

It makes no sense that they suspect Robby of a cheating car because he was really only running as the last car on the lead lap.  Sure, he finished in 3rd....but it had nothing to do with his car being awesome.  His car was the same crappy car it's always been.

It's not even a conspiracy.  It's a flat-out fact that NASCAR has it out for Robby Gordon.

M
Post #: 63
RE: NASCAR - 6/19/2009 11:46:25 AM   
Matt Dahl

Best race of the year this weekend. Who do you like? Robby has to be one of the favorites on a road course. I have a feeling this may be Montoya's NASCAR coming out party.

M
Post #: 64
RE: NASCAR - 10/24/2009 5:28:11 PM   
Matt Dahl

This Nationwide race in Memphis has been very boring. These guys can't drive. Can't make it more than 5 laps without some kind of spinout. The yellows and reds have really ruined this race. I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a refund from NASCAR if I paid to attend this race. They should maybe just scrap the Nationwide series if this is the best show they can put on.

M
Post #: 65
RE: NASCAR - 10/26/2009 9:01:12 AM   
Matt Dahl

I see Petty is switching from Dodge to Ford?? Petty switching away from Dodge throws any integrity NASCAR still had left out the window.

M
Post #: 66
RE: NASCAR - 10/26/2009 10:53:34 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

I see Petty is switching from Dodge to Ford?? Petty switching away from Dodge throws any integrity NASCAR still had left out the window.

Matt last year they brought in a investor to be a co-owner and then in the off season merged with Everham and now during the season with team still struggling, he had to merge again with Yates racing. Not much money out there right now. Since Yates already has their own engine shop, they needed to switch to their cars which were Fords

Fargo
Post #: 67
RE: NASCAR - 10/26/2009 11:33:45 AM   
Matt Dahl

If Penske doesn't re-up with Dodge, there will be no Dodge cars in Sprint Cup next season. Are there any Dodges in Nationwide or Camping World?

M
Post #: 68
RE: NASCAR - 10/26/2009 11:40:46 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

If Penske doesn't re-up with Dodge, there will be no Dodge cars in Sprint Cup next season. Are there any Dodges in Nationwide or Camping World?

I think it is just the Penske team and they do run them in the Nationwide. Chrysler took a big hit during this financial crisis

Fargo
Post #: 69
RE: NASCAR - 10/26/2009 11:53:33 AM   
Matt Dahl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

quote:

I think it is just the Penske team and they do run them in the Nationwide. Chrysler took a big hit during this financial crisis

We should bail them out some more so they can keep a place in NASCAR. We'll lose all the redneck fans in the south if the entire sport is Toyotas, Hyundais and Hondas. Pretty soon Ford and Chevy won't be able to stay in NASCAR either.

M
Post #: 70
RE: NASCAR - 10/26/2009 12:40:38 PM   
Trekgeekscott

So, did a bunch of cars drive around a track in circles to the left this weekend or not? 

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 71
RE: NASCAR - 10/27/2009 8:12:12 AM   
Matt Dahl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

So, did a bunch of cars drive around a track in circles to the left this weekend or not? 

We're not telling. You missed it, so it's your loss. You can just sit there and wonder.

M
Post #: 72
RE: NASCAR - 10/27/2009 9:30:46 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

We're not telling. You missed it, so it's your loss. You can just sit there and wonder.

Oh,  my life is going to be so incomplete now. 

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 73
RE: NASCAR - 10/27/2009 9:37:20 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh,  my life is going to be so incomplete now. 

It probably will

Fargo
Post #: 74
RE: NASCAR - 10/27/2009 9:39:28 AM   
Matt Dahl

Trekkie, thank you for contributing to the popularity of this topic.

M
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Other Sports >> RE: NASCAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode