Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Players and prospects III

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Players and prospects III Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/5/2014 9:43:33 AM   
MDK

Move them to Fargo or Sioux Falls......

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 1451
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/5/2014 12:35:55 PM   
Stacey King

Top prospect Byron Buxton doesn't have concussion-related symptoms anymore, Rob Antony said. He'll head to instructional league before AFL.
Post #: 1452
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/5/2014 12:38:27 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stacey King

Top prospect Byron Buxton doesn't have concussion-related symptoms anymore, Rob Antony said. He'll head to instructional league before AFL.

How is Nick GorDone's hand?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1453
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/5/2014 12:53:32 PM   
MDK

quote:

Bad choice of verb.......

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 1454
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/5/2014 7:18:15 PM   
djskillz

Best news in a long time:

http://m.twins.mlb.com/news/article/93253610/symptom-free-byron-buxton-ready-for-instructional-league

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 1455
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/5/2014 10:36:19 PM   
Stacey King

OF Tanner English and P John Curtiss will arrive in CR from ETown, Thorpe (elbow) and Garver (concussion) to the DL
Post #: 1456
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/5/2014 10:43:29 PM   
djskillz

quote:

OF Tanner English and P John Curtiss will arrive in CR from ETown, Thorpe (elbow) and Garver (concussion) to the DL

F'ing A! Seriously????????????

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 1457
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/5/2014 11:01:45 PM   
Mr. Ed

FTM up 2-0 inthe FSL best of 5, with a 5-0 win

3 run 3rd, 2 in the 8th

Harrison 1-2/2BB/R/2RBI/SB, Grimes 2-3/R,Mejia 2-5/R/SB, Hicks 1-5/triple/R/RBI

Mildren WP 5I 5H/4BB/3K
Van Steensel IP BB
Gruver .2IP H/BB
Burdi 2.1IP 0-2 IRS 2H/3K/Save

CRapids on to the next round of the MWL playoffs, 4-2 win

Christensen 2-4/Solo HR/2RBI, Wade 2-4/2doubles/R/RBI, Max 1-4/double/RBI, Hinojosa 1-4/R

Gonsalves 5IP 6H/2R/bb/6K
Wilson WP 2IP 2K
Gallant IP 2K
Reed IP K/Save

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1458
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/7/2014 5:12:00 PM   
Mr. Ed

Saturday, FTM dropped game 3 of the FLS finals 8-7, 3 run 8th did them in.

Sunday's game already PPD

Turner 4-4/double/BB/3RBI, Hicks 3-5/double/Solo HR/2R/2RBI, Mejia 2-5/RBI, Grimes 2-4, Goodrum 1-3/2BB/2R

Lee 5.2IP 8H/5R/4BB/K
Johnson LP 2.1IP 2H/3R/BB/2K/HR

CRapids dropped the first of the MWL series, 5-2

English 3-5/triple/R/RBI, Swim 2-4, Hinojosa 2-5/E

Eades 5.2IP 2H/R/6BB/4K
Bixler LP .2IP 0-2 IRS H/2UER/2BB/2K
Montanez 1.2IP 0-2 IRS H/R/BB/K
Boyd IP H/R/BB/HR

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1459
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/7/2014 9:19:28 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Saturday, FTM dropped game 3 of the FLS finals 8-7, 3 run 8th did them in.

Sunday's game already PPD

Turner 4-4/double/BB/3RBI, Hicks 3-5/double/Solo HR/2R/2RBI, Mejia 2-5/RBI, Grimes 2-4, Goodrum 1-3/2BB/2R

Lee 5.2IP 8H/5R/4BB/K
Johnson LP 2.1IP 2H/3R/BB/2K/HR

CRapids dropped the first of the MWL series, 5-2

English 3-5/triple/R/RBI, Swim 2-4, Hinojosa 2-5/E

Eades 5.2IP 2H/R/6BB/4K
Bixler LP .2IP 0-2 IRS H/2UER/2BB/2K
Montanez 1.2IP 0-2 IRS H/R/BB/K
Boyd IP H/R/BB/HR

Has RA been down on the farm? 10 walks between the two starters.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 1460
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/8/2014 5:28:03 AM   
Mr. Ed

Cedar Rapids now done, losing the series to Kane County. Sunday's final was 4-2.

4 hits, Christensen 1-4/wR/HR, Hinojosa 1-4/R/E

Curtiss 5IP H/3BB/2K
Wilson LP 1.1IP 2H/3R/BB/2K/2HR
Gilbert 1.2IP 4H/R/BB/K

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 9/8/2014 5:33:32 AM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1461
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/8/2014 10:37:49 PM   
wethrock

RockCats in Hartford - the proposed new stadium is only about 15 miles from NBritain. So, if all goes smoothly, it would be great. For me, a full-circle back to my youth when I watched the Hartford Chiefs play in the Eastern League. But, the projected costs of the new stadium are very high and seem to fluctuate wildly. City of Hartford has many more significant financial needs (housing, schools, etc.) than a ballpark. It could bring economic revitalization to an urban area, but the propsals for that vary dramatically. And, the RockCats owner has big credibility issues. So, all of this looks to me like a very shaky situation. At the very least, I can see the start of construction getting delayed to the point where there's no place for the RockCats to start the 2016 season. And, I still fear the result could be no baseball in central Connecticut at all.
Post #: 1462
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/9/2014 5:21:48 AM   
Mr. Ed

Ft Myers won the FSL championship 4-2 in 11 innings Monday.
won the best of 5 in 4 games

Kanzler won it with a 2run HR(1-5) in the top of the 11th, his 2nd key dinger of the series.

Mejia 2-3/2BB/R, Kelper 2-4/BB, Grimes 2-4/double/BB/RBI/E

Baxendale 5.2IP 6H/2UER/3BB/7K
Peterson 1.1IP K 0-1 IRS
Burdi 2IP 4K
Johnson WP IP H/2K
ZJones IP K/Save

Congrats to Dougie and the coaches, for having so many guys come and go,yet still win it all.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1463
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/9/2014 9:10:26 AM   
Dave E

quote:

ORIGINAL: wethrock

RockCats in Hartford - the proposed new stadium is only about 15 miles from NBritain. So, if all goes smoothly, it would be great. For me, a full-circle back to my youth when I watched the Hartford Chiefs play in the Eastern League. But, the projected costs of the new stadium are very high and seem to fluctuate wildly. City of Hartford has many more significant financial needs (housing, schools, etc.) than a ballpark. It could bring economic revitalization to an urban area, but the propsals for that vary dramatically. And, the RockCats owner has big credibility issues. So, all of this looks to me like a very shaky situation. At the very least, I can see the start of construction getting delayed to the point where there's no place for the RockCats to start the 2016 season. And, I still fear the result could be no baseball in central Connecticut at all.

Fingers crossed for you, Mike.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 1464
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/9/2014 7:06:48 PM   
Stacey King

Twins Class A left-hander Lewis Thorpe, 18, has been diagnosed with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his throwing elbow.

Thorpe, rated the organization’s No. 7 prospect before the season by Baseball America, had no issues in his final start for Class A Cedar Rapids last week.

“He said he felt it in the bullpen before he was supposed to make a start in the (Midwest League) playoffs,” said Brad Steil, Twins director of minor league operations. “We’ll just have to see how his throwing program goes and how quick he can get back.”

Thorpe will report to Fort Myers, Fla., for the start of fall instructional league but the talented Australian will be limited to doing rehab work on the side.

Steil, who was in Cedar Rapids as the Kernels fell in the Midwest League playoffs, said Thorpe took the setback well.

“I think he’s fine,” he said. “He had a real good year, being 18 and in the Midwest League. He grew more confident in using his secondary pitches and using those in different counts.”

Thorpe, one of the youngest players in the league, went 3-2 with a 3.52 earned run average in 16 starts for the Kernels after opening the year in extended spring training. His nine-inning strikeout rate of 10.11 ranked seventh in the league among all pitchers with at least 70 innings.

Of the three pitching prospects ranked ahead of Thorpe in the Twins’ system, all dealt with arm issues at some point in the year. Alex Meyer left his final start for Rochester with a shoulder strain; Kohl Stewart was bothered by a shoulder impingement at two separate times in the second half for Cedar Rapids; and Jose Berrios left a late July start at Double-A New Britain with a minor shoulder issue as well.
Post #: 1465
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/9/2014 7:26:00 PM   
SoMnFan

Thank you sir .... May I have another ....

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1466
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/9/2014 9:30:28 PM   
sixthwi

How come guys like Flowerman and Chicken Fryer never get hurt???

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 1467
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/10/2014 7:48:53 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Twins Class A left-hander Lewis Thorpe, 18, has been diagnosed with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his throwing elbow.

Thorpe, rated the organization’s No. 7 prospect before the season by Baseball America, had no issues in his final start for Class A Cedar Rapids last week.

“He said he felt it in the bullpen before he was supposed to make a start in the (Midwest League) playoffs,” said Brad Steil, Twins director of minor league operations. “We’ll just have to see how his throwing program goes and how quick he can get back.”

Thorpe will report to Fort Myers, Fla., for the start of fall instructional league but the talented Australian will be limited to doing rehab work on the side.

Steil, who was in Cedar Rapids as the Kernels fell in the Midwest League playoffs, said Thorpe took the setback well.

“I think he’s fine,” he said. “He had a real good year, being 18 and in the Midwest League. He grew more confident in using his secondary pitches and using those in different counts.”

Thorpe, one of the youngest players in the league, went 3-2 with a 3.52 earned run average in 16 starts for the Kernels after opening the year in extended spring training. His nine-inning strikeout rate of 10.11 ranked seventh in the league among all pitchers with at least 70 innings.

Of the three pitching prospects ranked ahead of Thorpe in the Twins’ system, all dealt with arm issues at some point in the year. Alex Meyer left his final start for Rochester with a shoulder strain; Kohl Stewart was bothered by a shoulder impingement at two separate times in the second half for Cedar Rapids; and Jose Berrios left a late July start at Double-A New Britain with a minor shoulder issue as well.

Bummer. They'll probably have to put him down.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1468
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/10/2014 7:55:06 AM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Bummer. They'll probably have to put him down.

They shoot horses.....don't they?

Post #: 1469
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/10/2014 8:55:16 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

Excellent question.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1470
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/10/2014 9:44:22 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

Excellent question.

Because for some reason, God hates Twins fans right now.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1471
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/10/2014 11:20:36 AM   
Stacey King

Thorpe is in MPLS for further testing on his elbow.
Post #: 1472
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/10/2014 12:30:59 PM   
TJSweens

I knew it. They're puttin him down.

Post #: 1473
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/10/2014 1:01:42 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I knew it. They're puttin him down.

Only in Twins land do we not have the technology to rebuild him.

They had that back in the 70's but it hasn't reached Twins territory yet.

I guess it, the technology, is traveling by Pony Express.

Post #: 1474
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/10/2014 1:03:47 PM   
SoMnFan

That's unfair.
TR is experimenting with that Tweeter thingy, and he's still proficient on the telegraph.
So there.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1475
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Players and prospects III Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode