Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 6:31:50 PM   
JTC2017

Agreed Kurt
Post #: 226
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 6:49:06 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Clay Matthews has been suspected of steroid use since the year in college he gained 80 pounds of muscle.

I imagine he has become a master at the masking agents over the years, but who would actually be surprised if we find out he's been using PEDs his entire career?

Are you trying to get me to believe that that's not normal.
Post #: 227
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 6:51:22 PM  1 votes
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thomas O. Eliason

Wow. I never liked the guy, but 18 years is a tough run for a guy his age.

He's kind of a pretty boy too... I think you know what I'm getting at here.

Don't drop the soap?
Post #: 228
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 6:54:51 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

TOE!

I can really NEVER understand rape, but dude, was your game that bad? NFL player, good looking, and you're doing sick shit like this?

Ashamed he ever wore the purple.

Let's see. Famous athlete with lots of money and chicks wanting to hang out every night. It's not like he wasn't going to get laid anyway. What a effing asshole
Post #: 229
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 7:00:22 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

quote:

TOE!

I can really NEVER understand rape, but dude, was your game that bad? NFL player, good looking, and you're doing sick shit like this?

Let's see. Famous athlete with lots of money and chicks wanting to hang out every night. It's not like he wasn't going to get laid anyway. What a effing asshole

Not quite the same

But it's like pulling up at a club in a Ferrari with all the hotties staring at you at the same time someone pulls up in a Ford Pinto.

You're so bad that the dude with the Pinto is pilling them all back in to go back to his house, while dude with the Ferrari drives back to Denny's at 2:30 AM by himself, and orders Moons over Myhammi.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 230
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 7:42:52 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

quote:

TOE!

Not quite the same

But it's like pulling up at a club in a Ferrari with all the hotties staring at you at the same time someone pulls up in a Ford Pinto.

You're so bad that the dude with the Pinto is pilling them all back in to go back to his house, while dude with the Ferrari drives back to Denny's at 2:30 AM by himself, and orders Moons over Myhammi.

How do you know what I drive? And I always get the Grand Slam anyway. So there.
Post #: 231
RE: Other NFL News - 8/19/2016 9:58:59 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: JTC2017

Darren Sharper gets 18 years

Rapist piece of shit

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17337413/ex-nfl-star-darren-sharper-gets-18-years-drugging-raping-women?ex_cid=espnfb

He's getting off easy

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 232
RE: Other NFL News - 8/22/2016 7:45:13 PM   
DavidAOlson

Racial bias in the NFL:

http://theundefeated.com/features/implicit-bias-and-the-nfl-draft/?ex_cid=tutwitter

quote:

An associate director of player personnel at a Power 5 conference school who asked not to be named, provides a common example: Scouts assume that black players hail from single-parent households “unless we tell them otherwise,” he said.

“If they come in initially, and they want to know about a junior for next year,” they assume a black player has no relationship with his father, he said. About one black prospect, scouts asked, “Who should we talk to? Should we talk to his brother? Should we talk to his mom? Should we talk to his grandma? Should we talk to his high school coach?”

Should we talk to his father? That question went unasked. Yet, when dealing with a similar white prospect, scouts inquired, “Should we get both [mom and dad] in the same room at the same time? How should we approach?”

Similarly, when ascertaining potential substance abuse issues, scouts ask different questions for white and black players.

About whites, “They want to know if he’s a drinker,” he said. “How many times does he go out a week?” is a common question. They “never” ask if a white player failed drug tests.

Yet, “when they talk about a black player: ‘Has he failed any drug tests?’ ‘Is he a smoker?’ You know, things like that. Some scouts will be like, ‘We have a couple on our team and we don’t need to put another one in the locker room. That’s just going to ignite that flame again.’ ”

And on and on.

The teams who can minimize racial bias could get a significant competitive advantage.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 233
RE: Other NFL News - 8/22/2016 8:15:13 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

Racial bias in the NFL:

http://theundefeated.com/features/implicit-bias-and-the-nfl-draft/?ex_cid=tutwitter

quote:

An associate director of player personnel at a Power 5 conference school who asked not to be named, provides a common example: Scouts assume that black players hail from single-parent households “unless we tell them otherwise,” he said.

“If they come in initially, and they want to know about a junior for next year,” they assume a black player has no relationship with his father, he said. About one black prospect, scouts asked, “Who should we talk to? Should we talk to his brother? Should we talk to his mom? Should we talk to his grandma? Should we talk to his high school coach?”

Should we talk to his father? That question went unasked. Yet, when dealing with a similar white prospect, scouts inquired, “Should we get both [mom and dad] in the same room at the same time? How should we approach?”

Similarly, when ascertaining potential substance abuse issues, scouts ask different questions for white and black players.

About whites, “They want to know if he’s a drinker,” he said. “How many times does he go out a week?” is a common question. They “never” ask if a white player failed drug tests.

Yet, “when they talk about a black player: ‘Has he failed any drug tests?’ ‘Is he a smoker?’ You know, things like that. Some scouts will be like, ‘We have a couple on our team and we don’t need to put another one in the locker room. That’s just going to ignite that flame again.’ ”

And on and on.

The teams who can minimize racial bias could get a significant competitive advantage.

In college.

You mean like SEC teams?
Post #: 234
RE: Other NFL News - 8/23/2016 1:24:52 PM   
drviking

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tre-masons-mother-rb-is-like-10-year-old-due-to-head-injuries/ar-BBvXJdx?li=BBnba9I

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 235
RE: Other NFL News - 8/23/2016 1:39:02 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tre-masons-mother-rb-is-like-10-year-old-due-to-head-injuries/ar-BBvXJdx?li=BBnba9I

Very sad. He's only 23.

His style of play at Auburn probably contributed significantly. Dude was little, but played big, and fearless.
Post #: 236
RE: Other NFL News - 8/24/2016 4:35:44 PM   
Black 47

Nice to see the Chargers taking a stand against this moron Bosa.
Post #: 237
RE: Other NFL News - 8/24/2016 5:05:06 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Black 47

Nice to see a player take a stand against the moron Chargers...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-diego-chargers-joey-bosa-contract-tweet-draft-re-enter-holdout-length-offset-salary-082416

Post #: 238
RE: Other NFL News - 8/24/2016 5:34:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-diego-chargers-joey-bosa-contract-tweet-draft-re-enter-holdout-length-offset-salary-082416

How about neither is a moron or they are both morons, and they are both asserting their respective rights. Until the player signs his contract with the team neither the team nor the player has any obligation to the other. The team offers what they find acceptable and the player accepts it or not.
I could have predicted which side DL and Black would take on this matter before they even posted. There is no right or wrong here. That article tries to paint Joey Bosa as some kind of victim. No truth to that whatsoever. the team is asserting there right and Bosa is asserting his. No victim.

It's easy to blame either side. IMO they are both morons because on the one side the guy is getting paid to play a game he supposedly loves and he's refusing to play over when he gets his bonus money. Also the player is setting back his career big time.

On the other side the team could certainly use the players services and refusing to pay the bonus money in a more timely fashion will probably do more damage than it will help.
I would love to see a team never sign the player over this kind of stuff someday just to let it sink in to both sides. Quit being morons. Come to reasonable agreements and do it quickly.
The Chargers are actually my second favorite team, but I would love it if Bosa never got signed just to show what can happen from these types of shenanigans.

That stated the team will eventually cave in. It happens that way about 95% of the time. Bosa still loses because he will never get the lost time back.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/24/2016 6:12:07 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 239
RE: Other NFL News - 8/24/2016 10:55:45 PM   
Black 47

quote:

quote:

I stand corrected. Didn't realize all that was in play. It's amazing that even with improvements to the CBA that they didn't make it 100% fool proof and completely eliminating the possibility of these shenanigans by teams.

It's very disturbing that Goodell and the NFLPA don't step in.
Post #: 240
RE: Other NFL News - 8/24/2016 11:24:26 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

I stand corrected. Didn't realize all that was in play. It's amazing that even with improvements to the CBA that they didn't make it 100% fool proof and completely eliminating the possibility of these shenanigans by teams.

Yeah. The fact that it's the Chargers again makes me have very little sympathy for them.

If I heard the story without knowing the team or player, San Diego would've been my very first guess.
Post #: 241
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2016 9:56:53 AM   
Lynn G.

I heard that the NFL is visiting Green Bay to have their meeting with Matthews and Peppers over PED's.

How does that work that the NFL travels to THEM? Isn't it usually the case that they make the players travel to the NFL offices for these kinds of meetings?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 242
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2016 10:52:06 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I heard that the NFL is visiting Green Bay to have their meeting with Matthews and Peppers over PED's.

How does that work that the NFL travels to THEM? Isn't it usually the case that they make the players travel to the NFL offices for these kinds of meetings?

I wish nothing but ill towards the Packers. Hope they are proven guilty and suspended for the season.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 243
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2016 10:59:05 AM   
kgdabom

For better or worse the NFL has gone soft on marijuana offenders at the least. LeVeon Bell didn't miss one drug test he missed several. He was already in level two of substance abuse protocol. So the NFL not only reduced his suspension, but didn't increase his level. He can do the same things again with the same suspension. Of course Josh Gordon showing no signs on changing his behavior was reinstated.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 244
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2016 12:50:44 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah. The fact that it's the Chargers again makes me have very little sympathy for them.

If I heard the story without knowing the team or player, San Diego would've been my very first guess.

More on the story:

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/25/12628636/chargers-joey-bosa-holdout-contract-situation
Post #: 245
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2016 4:27:10 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's never stopped you before.
Post #: 246
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2016 5:08:48 PM   
kgdabom

This looks like an article regarding the Bosa contract negotiations that just reports the news. Not trying to tell us what we should think.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000689877/article/chargers-exec-bosas-stance-absolutely-asinine

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 247
RE: Other NFL News - 8/27/2016 6:54:40 PM   
kgdabom

Got Tavon Austin Contract details off of Rotoworld. Shocking to me how much he is being paid.

Rams signed WR Tavon Austin to a four-year, $42 million extension through 2021.
The deal includes a whopping $30 million guaranteed, a princely sum for a 5-foot-8 gadget player the Rams have desperately wishcasted as a No. 1 receiver since trading up for him in the 2013 draft. Austin is coming off a unique season where he eclipsed both 400 yards rushing and receiving, but simply isn't worthy of this kind of deal. The Rams under Jeff Fisher have a tendency to compound mistakes instead of trying to fix them. All that being said, despite now being overpaid, Austin is a useful real-life player who has WR4 appeal in fantasy. He is a legitimate playmaker. He's just not who the Rams are paying him to be.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 248
RE: Other NFL News - 8/27/2016 9:07:07 PM   
kgdabom

I'm going to stick my neck out and comment on the Kaepernick thing. He is exercising his right to disrespect his country. The reason he has that right is that we live in a great country.
I am exercising my right to disrespect him. He sees selective things he doesn't like and considers our country unworthy of standing for the national anthem. I see the greatness of our country and see anybody not willing to stand for it as ungrateful. I have no respect for Colin or his stance.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 249
RE: Other NFL News - 8/27/2016 10:55:45 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

I'm going to stick my neck out and comment on the Kaepernick thing. He is exercising his right to disrespect his country. The reason he has that right is that we live in a great country.
I am exercising my right to disrespect him. He sees selective things he doesn't like and considers our country unworthy of standing for the national anthem. I see the greatness of our country and see anybody not willing to stand for it as ungrateful. I have no respect for Colin or his stance.

I guess he feels the need to be noticed for something.

I wonder if some of these refs will be a little tight with their flags when Kaepernick gets cheap shotted. He's setting himself up.
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode