Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 7/15/2016 11:28:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Duderino

quote:

Dude you aren't biased about this in any way?

Absolutely. I have a very strong pro-justice bias, and it drives me crazy to see the legal system abused by people with ill intent. I also have a pretty strong pro-science bias, so I have a real hard time with the fact that so many people don't actually look into the details of the league's report with any sort of critical thinking. My wife is a scientist, and doesn't give a crap about football (though she likes the Vikings to win so I'm not crabby) and even less of one about the Patriots in particular. She took one look at that report and said that it wasn't worth the paper it was written on. The "science" didn't include a control group, didn't include consistent testing procedures, and is not reproducible.

Throw in the fact that the firm that did the "science" is a firm that has a history of producing reports that are scientifically questionable, but just so happen to support their clients' positions, and the fact that reputable scientists from places like MIT, UC Berkely, University of Michigan, USC, Stanford, Purdue, Carnegie Mellon, and even the University of Minnesota all agree that the conditions were sufficient to explain the deflation, and for the life of me the only reason I can see why anyone DOESN'T think the whole thing is bullshit is if they haven't looked into it, or if their dislike of the Patriots is so strong that they simply don't care what the facts are. I'm going to put you in column A.

Take a look at the Amicus brief filed by 21 physicists and engineers included in this story. I can't guarantee that you'll be convinced, but it is a lot more convincing than the Wells report.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/21-scientists-say-tom-brady-is-right-and-the-nfl-is-wrong_us_5745fb9ce4b0dacf7ad3c55d

But, as TGS astutely points out, the appeal had nothing to do with the science, and was only about whether or not Goodell has the power to impose punishment.

Dude I have looked into it and to this point what I have seen leads me to believe some tampering occurred. So I have looked into it and feel that way so I am not column A.
It is possible that if I continue to look into it further that I will change my opinion to that of no tampering occurred. I don't believe your second column fits me either.
I'm a person who typically doesn't just take they or somebody or whatever somebody is claiming as proof, because I think everyone has an agenda. That is why at this point in time I don't think either side has proven much of anything.

You'll note that the Dude never makes a claim that no tampering occurred. Just that there was no proof that tampering occurred.

He does make a claim that everyone should recognize it is bullshit Big O. As I stated to me that goes way beyond just saying their is no proof that it happened.

Even you just said NO ONE HAS PROVEN MUCH OF ANYTHING! Yet your good with Brady being suspended.

Pretty sure that makes you unable to recognize bullshit.

I already stated that the nfl doesn't have to prove anything. If they believe it happened IMO they need to take action.

And THAT'S bullshit.

Why is that Bullshit?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 176
RE: Other NFL News - 7/18/2016 8:41:58 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely. I have a very strong pro-justice bias, and it drives me crazy to see the legal system abused by people with ill intent. I also have a pretty strong pro-science bias, so I have a real hard time with the fact that so many people don't actually look into the details of the league's report with any sort of critical thinking. My wife is a scientist, and doesn't give a crap about football (though she likes the Vikings to win so I'm not crabby) and even less of one about the Patriots in particular. She took one look at that report and said that it wasn't worth the paper it was written on. The "science" didn't include a control group, didn't include consistent testing procedures, and is not reproducible.

Throw in the fact that the firm that did the "science" is a firm that has a history of producing reports that are scientifically questionable, but just so happen to support their clients' positions, and the fact that reputable scientists from places like MIT, UC Berkely, University of Michigan, USC, Stanford, Purdue, Carnegie Mellon, and even the University of Minnesota all agree that the conditions were sufficient to explain the deflation, and for the life of me the only reason I can see why anyone DOESN'T think the whole thing is bullshit is if they haven't looked into it, or if their dislike of the Patriots is so strong that they simply don't care what the facts are. I'm going to put you in column A.

Take a look at the Amicus brief filed by 21 physicists and engineers included in this story. I can't guarantee that you'll be convinced, but it is a lot more convincing than the Wells report.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/21-scientists-say-tom-brady-is-right-and-the-nfl-is-wrong_us_5745fb9ce4b0dacf7ad3c55d

But, as TGS astutely points out, the appeal had nothing to do with the science, and was only about whether or not Goodell has the power to impose punishment.

Dude I have looked into it and to this point what I have seen leads me to believe some tampering occurred. So I have looked into it and feel that way so I am not column A.
It is possible that if I continue to look into it further that I will change my opinion to that of no tampering occurred. I don't believe your second column fits me either.
I'm a person who typically doesn't just take they or somebody or whatever somebody is claiming as proof, because I think everyone has an agenda. That is why at this point in time I don't think either side has proven much of anything.

You'll note that the Dude never makes a claim that no tampering occurred. Just that there was no proof that tampering occurred.

He does make a claim that everyone should recognize it is bullshit Big O. As I stated to me that goes way beyond just saying their is no proof that it happened.

Even you just said NO ONE HAS PROVEN MUCH OF ANYTHING! Yet your good with Brady being suspended.

Pretty sure that makes you unable to recognize bullshit.

I already stated that the nfl doesn't have to prove anything. If they believe it happened IMO they need to take action.

And THAT'S bullshit.

Why is that Bullshit?

Sounds more like horseshit. It's chickenshit to say otherwise. But the whole thing is dogshit.

Shit happens.
Post #: 177
RE: Other NFL News - 7/18/2016 9:00:47 PM   
kgdabom

I'm guessing big O believes that Brady is entitled to the same standards as a criminal case. I think he is entitled to the same standards as a civil suit.

Just two ways of looking at it and I don't think either way is deserving of being called bullshit.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 7/19/2016 9:03:04 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 178
RE: Other NFL News - 7/19/2016 5:02:32 AM   
Thomas O. Eliason

He was being humorous.

That used to actually work around here.

PPE II baby
Post #: 179
RE: Other NFL News - 7/19/2016 8:34:57 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thomas O. Eliason

He was being humorous.

That used to actually work around here.

Maybe he was TOE. You probably are right. I just have a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt with the history between us.
OK I apologize to Bill.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 7/19/2016 9:02:09 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 180
RE: Other NFL News - 7/19/2016 6:09:17 PM  1 votes
GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

So, does your strong justice bias mean you won't be voting for Hilary? Oh I forgot, wrong thread!
Post #: 181
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 9:52:24 AM   
Ricky J

Pro Football Rumors
‏@pfrumors
Jaguars GM: Team Not Signing Greg Hardy At This Time http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/07/jaguars-not-signing-greg-hardy

edit:
Arif Hasan Retweeted
Michael DiRocco ‏@ESPNdirocco 35m35 minutes ago
Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said team brought in Greg Hardy to find out more about him. Says team has no plans to sign him now.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 7/25/2016 10:04:25 AM >
Post #: 182
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 10:01:41 AM   
Ricky J

Pro Football Rumors ‏@pfrumors 11s11 seconds ago
NFL Determines That Peyton Manning Did Not Use PEDs

ok, thank you
Post #: 183
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 10:04:42 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

ok, thank you

No ruling on Pretty Clay, because he refused to participate in the investigation. (Per NFLPA)
Probably was just a hair product issue with him anyway.
Post #: 184
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 10:13:16 AM   
69in09

quote:

Pro Football Rumors
‏@pfrumors
Jaguars GM: Team Not Signing Greg Hardy At This Time http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/07/jaguars-not-signing-greg-hardy

edit:
Arif Hasan Retweeted
Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said team brought in Greg Hardy to find out more about him. Says team has no plans to sign him now.

Odd. What did they discover that they didn't know before?

He is an asshole and will continue to be an asshole.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 185
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 10:25:34 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

quote:

Pro Football Rumors
‏@pfrumors

edit:
Arif Hasan Retweeted

Right. It is odd. Maybe he didn't deceive them as much as they would of hoped
Post #: 186
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 10:31:16 AM   
69in09

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pro Football Rumors
‏@pfrumors

edit:
Arif Hasan Retweeted

Right. It is odd. Maybe he didn't deceive them as much as they would of hoped

I get doing the due diligence part, but in my mind just bringing him in for a look is almost as bad a PR move as signing him.

It's like they must have been OK with the woman beater part, but they found out he is a super douche too?

This is my burner account.
Post #: 187
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 10:54:22 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Pro Football Rumors
‏@pfrumors

edit:
Arif Hasan Retweeted

He's a talented asshole.

But if the Defensively needy Cowboys with the insanely tolerant of bad off field behaviors owner Jerry Jones wouldn't keep him...

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 188
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 10:57:46 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ok, thank you

No ruling on Pretty Clay, because he refused to participate in the investigation. (Per NFLPA)
Probably was just a hair product issue with him anyway.

Post #: 189
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 1:06:30 PM   
David Levine

Around The NFLVerified account ‏@AroundTheNFL 3m3 minutes ago
BREAKING: Josh Gordon to be reinstated, will serve four-game suspension at start of season
Post #: 190
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 1:07:09 PM   
David Levine

Gordon's first game back may be a little overshadowed.

They play NE in Brady's first game as well.
Post #: 191
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 2:54:25 PM   
El Duderino

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

Absolutely. I have a very strong pro-justice bias, and it drives me crazy to see the legal system abused by people with ill intent.

So, does your strong justice bias mean you won't be voting for Hilary? Oh I forgot, wrong thread!

Hell yes, it does. I will be voting third party for sure. But you are correct, this is the wrong thread.

< Message edited by El Duderino -- 7/25/2016 2:55:26 PM >

The Dude Abides
Post #: 192
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 3:18:56 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Around The NFLVerified account ‏@AroundTheNFL 3m3 minutes ago
BREAKING: Josh Gordon to be reinstated, will serve four-game suspension at start of season

sorry, cross-posted to vikes thread

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 193
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 3:21:45 PM   
drviking

“He wants to give Josh another opportunity,” Rosenhaus told PFT. “He liked Josh and wants to help him and he deserves another chance.”

-----------------------------

should it matter if he likes Josh or not?

maybe he didnt 'like' AD, so he was put on the shelf?

liking should not make a difference, just do the standard time for the standard crime

Post #: 194
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 3:23:11 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Gordon's first game back may be a little overshadowed.

They play NE in Brady's first game as well.

do you think the browns keep him?

i have no idea, but i would think they would want to dump him before he is suspended again

and, does anyone know what the ruling was about whether he accrued another year on his contract?

< Message edited by drviking -- 7/25/2016 3:24:11 PM >

Post #: 195
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 4:01:47 PM   
drviking

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NATIONAL-FOOTBALL-LEAGUE-AND-NATIONAL-FOOTBALL-LEAGUE-PLAYERS-ASSOCIATION-ANNOUNCE-NEW-POLICY-TO--ENFORCE-CONCUSSION-PROTOC.aspx

Post #: 196
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2016 4:06:10 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

“He wants to give Josh another opportunity,” Rosenhaus told PFT. “He liked Josh and wants to help him and he deserves another chance.”

liking should not make a difference, just do the standard time for the standard crime

Goodell playing God again. Idiot doesn't even follow their own policy. But he will gladly make new ones up as he goes along.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 197
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 9:58:35 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

Goodell playing God again. Idiot doesn't even follow their own policy. But he will gladly make new ones up as he goes along.

So you think Josh doesn't deserve another chance?

Is Goodell a total ass for giving it to him?

Some people really hate Goodell. I personally am indifferent to him. Couldn't care less if he stays or goes. But some people really hate the guy. find any reason under the sun to bash him. It's almost political.

I have no problem with Gordon getting another chance at redemption...if he blows it, it's likely his career.

So Goodell puts the ball figuratively in Gordon's court. Time for Gordon to run with it. If he succeeds its a great story about redemption. If he fails, a tragic end to a career that could have been brilliant.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 198
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 10:40:39 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Nah man. What people are saying is they hate that he just seems to randomly dish out punishment depending on whether he "likes the guy or not". You can't 'lead' like that.
Post #: 199
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 10:45:07 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Nah man. What people are saying is they hate that he just seems to randomly dish out punishment depending on whether he "likes the guy or not". You can't 'lead' like that.

IIRC Josh sat out all of last year on this suspension.

The punishment has already been dished out on him quite a bit.

This is the commish giving a guy one last chance. I don't think it has anything to do with liking the guy or not.

If anything its a PR move by Goodell to make it look like he doesn't want to continue to be the random and evil punisher.

Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode