Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 10:47:02 AM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Nah man. What people are saying is they hate that he just seems to randomly dish out punishment depending on whether he "likes the guy or not". You can't 'lead' like that.

IIRC Josh sat out all of last year on this suspension.

The punishment has already been dished out on him quite a bit.

This is the commish giving a guy one last chance. I don't think it has anything to do with liking the guy or not.

If anything its a PR move by Goodell to make it look like he doesn't want to continue to be the random and evil punisher.

iirc, he only sat out 10 games, and then was suspended by the team for 1 game for the manzier party

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 201
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 10:54:23 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

quote:

Nah man. What people are saying is they hate that he just seems to randomly dish out punishment depending on whether he "likes the guy or not". You can't 'lead' like that.

This is the commish giving a guy one last chance. I don't think it has anything to do with liking the guy or not.

If anything its a PR move by Goodell to make it look like he doesn't want to continue to be the random and evil punisher.

iirc, he only sat out 10 games, and then was suspended by the team for 1 game for the manzier party

Well, by my count that is 15 total games after the four game suspension..

Just how long is he supposed to sit out before someone doesn't hate Goodell for giving him a chance?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 202
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 11:18:57 AM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just how long is he supposed to sit out before someone doesn't hate Goodell for giving him a chance?

probably just pass some drug tests

Post #: 203
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 11:36:27 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

probably just pass some drug tests

Pretty sure if he fails another drug test his career is over. Goodell giving him a chance isn't "playing God".

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 204
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 11:42:38 AM   
Jeff Jesser

My bad, I didn't account for last years suspension.
Post #: 205
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 1:42:41 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gordon served his suspension from his last pos drug test. Since then he proceeded to fail yet another drug test and get involved with a drug addict Manziel.

Not sure what the drug policy is but I'm guessing that the black and white says that he should serve a 2 year suspension or he is out of the NFL.

He has used a used up his 3 strikes. just cuz he made Goodell laugh at a few jokes to gain his favor he gets another chance? Pretty sure that is not how the drug policy is written.

Goodell is incompetent. Look no further than the Ray Rice situation. He flip flops and seems to always have to get his way even if it requires him to make up new policys as he goes along. ie.. AD situation.

Even in deflategate when Brady won he just couldn't stand that and took it to a higher court when he should have just let it go.

I loathe Goodell,

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 206
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 1:51:46 PM   
David Levine

I think people are reading too much into "agent speak".

quote:

“He wants to give Josh another opportunity,” Rosenhaus told PFT. “He liked Josh and wants to help him and he deserves another chance.”

This is likely his agent just trying to put a positive spin on a player that doesn't have much of a rep right now. He's basically saying "the commish thinks Josh is a good guy, so should you".
Post #: 207
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 2:48:37 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gordon served his suspension from his last pos drug test. Since then he proceeded to fail yet another drug test and get involved with a drug addict Manziel.

Not sure what the drug policy is but I'm guessing that the black and white says that he should serve a 2 year suspension or he is out of the NFL.

He has used a used up his 3 strikes. just cuz he made Goodell laugh at a few jokes to gain his favor he gets another chance? Pretty sure that is not how the drug policy is written.

Goodell is incompetent. Look no further than the Ray Rice situation. He flip flops and seems to always have to get his way even if it requires him to make up new policys as he goes along. ie.. AD situation.

Even in deflategate when Brady won he just couldn't stand that and took it to a higher court when he should have just let it go.

I loathe Goodell,

I can tell.

In deflategate he pretty much had to appeal the lower court ruling or the Commissioners office loses all authority granted by the CBA. Loathe him all you want but that pretty much had to happen or every single decision on punishment for bad behavior would be appealed to courts. Lawyers would be the only ones benefitting at that point.

I not going to argue the man's competence to be commish...

Ray Rice, AD, Brady all screwed up. IMHO Brady shouldn't have gotten suspended, maybe one game at most, or just fined for his lack of cooperation. I think he's botched plenty, but the appeal was necessary.

And he does have discretion to shorten suspensions if he deems the player worthy. Whatever Gordon did to make himself worthy I don't know and I really don't care to know. I just don't see how he's and asshat for giving Gordon another chance.

If Gordon fails another test his career is essentially over as there will be a much longer suspension and no team will touch him again anyway.

Post #: 208
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 3:03:21 PM   
Bill Jandro

ESPN reported on Monday Gordon has been living with Manziel, which is another factor that could make Goodell reluctant to reinstate Gordon.

Someone better tell Josh this probably isn't one of his better ideas.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 209
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2016 5:11:27 PM   
drviking

osh Gordon returns to Browns, lands on NFI with quad injury
Posted by Zac Jackson on July 26, 2016, 4:54 PM EDT
Josh Gordon

The Browns moved reinstated wide receiver Josh Gordon to the 90-man roster Tuesday, but Gordon then landed on the team’s active/non-football injury list.

Gordon was allowed to be in the team’s facility for the first time in more than a year, and a physical revealed a quad injury. The Browns open camp on Friday, but the team’s release said Gordon was injured “while working out on his own this summer” and that Gordon is “expected to be out at least a couple of weeks.”

Gordon is allowed to participate in training camp and the preseason but will be suspended for the first four games of 2016 as part of his conditional reinstatement, which the NFL announced Monday.

Per multiple reports, Gordon met with new Browns coach Hue Jackson, executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown and other key Browns personnel Tuesday. The team is likely to have strict guidelines for Gordon to follow as he tries to return from suspension.

After leading the NFL with 1,646 receiving yards in 2013, Gordon has played in only five games over the last two seasons due to various suspensions. He last played a game in Dec. 2014.

Post #: 210
RE: Other NFL News - 7/27/2016 4:18:22 PM   
DeLain

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677164/article/mike-wallace-fails-ravens-conditioning-test
Post #: 211
RE: Other NFL News - 8/3/2016 3:05:44 PM   
kgdabom

The new "Best back in the NFL" Ezekiel Elliott out with a hammy issue.

Ezekiel Elliott will miss "some time" with a right hamstring injury.

Elliott had to leave Tuesday's practice early and was seen getting worked on by the trainers as the rest of his teammates kept running drills. VP Stephen Jones says the team will be "conservative" with Elliott, suggesting this could be more of a week to week issue.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 212
RE: Other NFL News - 8/10/2016 7:23:45 AM   
Ricky J

I discovered this guy on Mad Dog Sports Radio (Sirius XM) coming home from Mpls. I don't even know his name but he did keep me entertained. Both times he had on gambling guys as guests. One guy was a guy you can pay to get picks for the season another was some vegas guy. Anyway the best bet going right now they say is taking on the under on St Louis' 7.5 -- that may have moved it it was getting so much action.
Post #: 213
RE: Other NFL News - 8/13/2016 8:24:14 PM   
Mark Anderson

Dak Prescott(Cowboys) looking pretty good.
Post #: 214
RE: Other NFL News - 8/13/2016 10:05:10 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Hate the Cowboys, but I have Dak on a couple super deep fantasy league teams.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 215
RE: Other NFL News - 8/15/2016 9:26:35 PM   
Ricky J

Post #: 216
RE: Other NFL News - 8/15/2016 9:47:02 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

He looked great.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 217
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2016 8:37:20 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Ben Leber ‏@nacholeber 41m41 minutes ago
Boy, there's a "Making a Murderer" feel to this whole #NFL Al Jazeera situation. Just slimy.
Post #: 218
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2016 10:04:00 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

I've never said this before, and I'll have to shower afterwards ... but ......

GO GET EM, ROGER !!!!!!

Post #: 219
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 11:18:05 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

I've never said this before, and I'll have to shower afterwards ... but ......

GO GET EM, ROGER !!!!!!

I'll second that.
Post #: 220
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 1:54:09 PM   
Lynn G.

Clay Matthews has been suspected of steroid use since the year in college he gained 80 pounds of muscle.

I imagine he has become a master at the masking agents over the years, but who would actually be surprised if we find out he's been using PEDs his entire career?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 221
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 3:00:17 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Clay Matthews has been suspected of steroid use since the year in college he gained 80 pounds of muscle.

I imagine he has become a master at the masking agents over the years, but who would actually be surprised if we find out he's been using PEDs his entire career?

It's not just masking agents. they test for those now too. The guy that was working with ARoid before he got caught and suspended was a master at timing the dosage so certain indicators wouldn't go above certain telltale markers.

Post #: 222
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 5:52:51 PM   
JTC2017

Darren Sharper gets 18 years

Rapist piece of shit

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17337413/ex-nfl-star-darren-sharper-gets-18-years-drugging-raping-women?ex_cid=espnfb
Post #: 223
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 6:02:31 PM   
Thomas O. Eliason

Wow. I never liked the guy, but 18 years is a tough run for a guy his age.

He's kind of a pretty boy too... I think you know what I'm getting at here.

PPE II baby
Post #: 224
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2016 6:25:56 PM  1 votes
quote:

ORIGINAL: Thomas O. Eliason

Wow. I never liked the guy, but 18 years is a tough run for a guy his age.

He's kind of a pretty boy too... I think you know what I'm getting at here.

TOE!

I can really NEVER understand rape, but dude, was your game that bad? NFL player, good looking, and you're doing sick shit like this?

Ashamed he ever wore the purple.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode