Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 10:11:09 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I'm not pleased to see this. (the piggy backing of Colin Kaepernick's protest. I won't comment more than this because this is a football thread.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/05/u-s-national-team-star-megan-rapinoe-kneels-as-a-nod-to-kaepernick/

I see an opposing team played the anthem before the players came out and she wasn't happy about it.

You would think she would be happy not having to put up with the National Anthem. Maybe she was mad that everyone would miss her 'look at me' moment.

Do you think it's about not having to put up with the National Anthem? Why the outrage over a guy who wants our society's culture changed for the better? Maybe it hits a nerve with 'Murica?

I think he is just another guy who doesn't want to bring up the self inflicted problems that these communities have(and if he has, I will admit I am wrong about him). He's taking the easy road.

JC said it best. Police brutality and bias, while evident, doesn't make the Top 5 in problems inner city communities have.

If white people were getting harassed, shot by police, discriminated against in hiring and housing the way minorities are now and made a stink about it - the group in power could say "Hey! Until you stop all this pedophilia and mass shootings we're not going to listen to your other, less significant problems."

David who is shooting more innocent Black people. Police or thugs. I don't buy the idea that White police come into work each day looking forward to shooting innocent Black citizens. I more suspect that police of all colors come into work each day thinking of the people of all colors and how they can protect them.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 326
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 10:19:26 AM   
David F.

quote:

He should be celebrating that we live in such an anti racist country.

I've never seen a more clearly defined line of where the problem is on an issue. You think you can tell him how he 'should' act while justifying away any merit to his message and those who are following his lead. What next? Let me guess - he should give all his money back that he earned in this country if he hates it so much?

If his message is meaningless it will just go away on it's own. The defensive overreaction from 'Murica tells me it's more than that. If the shoe fits...

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 327
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 10:22:34 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not pleased to see this. (the piggy backing of Colin Kaepernick's protest. I won't comment more than this because this is a football thread.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/05/u-s-national-team-star-megan-rapinoe-kneels-as-a-nod-to-kaepernick/

I see an opposing team played the anthem before the players came out and she wasn't happy about it.

You would think she would be happy not having to put up with the National Anthem. Maybe she was mad that everyone would miss her 'look at me' moment.

Do you think it's about not having to put up with the National Anthem? Why the outrage over a guy who wants our society's culture changed for the better? Maybe it hits a nerve with 'Murica?

I think he is just another guy who doesn't want to bring up the self inflicted problems that these communities have(and if he has, I will admit I am wrong about him). He's taking the easy road.

JC said it best. Police brutality and bias, while evident, doesn't make the Top 5 in problems inner city communities have.

If white people were getting harassed, shot by police, discriminated against in hiring and housing the way minorities are now and made a stink about it - the group in power could say "Hey! Until you stop all this pedophilia and mass shootings we're not going to listen to your other, less significant problems."

David who is shooting more innocent Black people. Police or thugs. I don't buy the idea that White police come into work each day looking forward to shooting innocent Black citizens. I more suspect that police of all colors come into work each day thinking of the people of all colors and how they can protect them.

Statistics disagree with you.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 328
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 11:26:48 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think the 4 NBA players at the ESPYs went about it the right way. They at least acknowledged that there are self inflicted problems.
Post #: 329
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 11:52:37 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Statistics disagree with you.

What a load of Crock. You give me the documentable statistics for each. I would guess thugs by about a hundred to one margin at minimum.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 330
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 11:55:47 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I've never seen a more clearly defined line of where the problem is on an issue. You think you can tell him how he 'should' act while justifying away any merit to his message and those who are following his lead. What next? Let me guess - he should give all his money back that he earned in this country if he hates it so much?

If his message is meaningless it will just go away on it's own. The defensive overreaction from 'Murica tells me it's more than that. If the shoe fits...

No DF you give back all the money you have earned in our country if you hate it so much. If you love our country then quit siding with the people who hate it. I don't think I can tell Colin Kaepernick anything as I don't even know the man. However, I can state what I believe he should do as that is my right. He has a right to disrespect our country and I have a right to disrespect him.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/8/2016 11:57:59 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 331
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 11:58:11 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

chicago alone can point out what a load of crock that is..

it's almost like when Detroit went under, all the "badseed" said.." hey, Chicago is right over there..."...

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 332
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 12:04:01 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think the 4 NBA players at the ESPYs went about it the right way. They at least acknowledged that there are self inflicted problems.

So only people with a pristine history of never doing anything wrong and belonging to an ethnicity that has never done anything wrong can make a stand and deliver a message asking for equality? Or before asking for equality we must disclose every last thing we've ever done wrong and/or our ethnicity has done wrong?

That doesn't seem reasonable to me. Hey - fix everything wrong with yourself before we stop harassing/beating/shooting you. You should just be happy to live here.

That just sounds horrible to me.

Post #: 333
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 12:05:16 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No DF you give back all the money you have earned in our country if you hate it so much. If you love our country then quit siding with the people who hate it. I don't think I can tell Colin Kaepernick anything as I don't even know the man. However, I can state what I believe he should do as that is my right. He has a right to disrespect our country and I have a right to disrespect him.

NO YOU GIVE BACK ALL UR MONIEZ!!!!

lol this is so childish.

Post #: 334
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 12:13:27 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So only people with a pristine history of never doing anything wrong and belonging to an ethnicity that has never done anything wrong can make a stand and deliver a message asking for equality? Or before asking for equality we must disclose every last thing we've ever done wrong and/or our ethnicity has done wrong?

That doesn't seem reasonable to me. Hey - fix everything wrong with yourself before we stop harassing/beating/shooting you. You should just be happy to live here.

DF our country is about as anti racist as it can possibly be. Should we go on a racist hunt and burn them all at the stake? Is that what it would take to satisfy you?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 335
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 12:14:38 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

NO YOU GIVE BACK ALL UR MONIEZ!!!!

lol this is so childish.

Yes DF it is childish and that is what I was pointing out.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 336
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 12:17:10 PM   
kgdabom

Everyone's a little bit racist from Avenue Q.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 337
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 12:17:24 PM   
David Levine

You can love your country and still point out problems/suggest change.

I mean the founding fathers did exactly that. MLK, Lincoln, and countless others have done exactly that.
Post #: 338
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 12:44:47 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

I mean the founding fathers did exactly that. MLK, Lincoln, and countless others have done exactly that.

No problem with that at all. Point out all the problems you want, but what Kaepernick is doing is disrespecting our country.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/8/2016 12:52:15 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 339
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 12:55:19 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not what I said. I think you have to have a mix of admission of failure on both sides and then figure out a way to go forward.

Fixing every bad cop and landlord and boss is not going to stop people from killing each other and bailing out on their families.
Post #: 340
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 12:57:30 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

No problem with that at all. Point out all the problems you want, but what Kaepernick is doing is disrespecting our country.

The PC thing to do is to disagree with him, but respect his opinion.

Unless your opinion is that he is being disrespectful, then all bets are off.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 9/8/2016 1:04:45 PM >
Post #: 341
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 1:13:15 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

He is being disrespectful to the flag, but that's the point. His action is meant to draw attention to issues that are important to him.

I don't have a problem with him acting the way he is. he has that right.

I just don't care for his approach to the problem.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 342
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 1:17:18 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

He is being disrespectful to the flag, but that's the point. His action is meant to draw attention to issues that are important to him.

I don't have a problem with him acting the way he is. he has that right.

I just don't care for his approach to the problem.

Agree
Post #: 343
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 1:23:07 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I thought that was a bunch of nothing. Melo, Bron, Paul, and Wade didn’t ask anybody to pick a direction. Calls for unity don’t really force people to do something specific.

Kaep is a smart, self-aware guy who has been dealing with a lot of shit for a long time. He's been very consistent about numerous issues - both before and since this.

He hasn't been defensive at all, he's welcomed conversation. He knew what he'd do would make certain people uncomfortable, and that is part of what makes what he's doing effective.
Post #: 344
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 1:41:24 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I believe that Kaep is disrespecting out country. I have no respect for his opinion. Back in the days that we were practicing separate, but supposedly equal he would have had a point. We as a country have really done everything within reason to combat racism. We may have even gone too far with hate crime laws. What more is there for us to do as a country?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 345
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 1:45:53 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I believe that Kaep is disrespecting out country. I have no respect for his opinion. Back in the days that we were practicing separate, but supposedly equal he would have had a point. We as a country have really done everything within reason to combat racism. We may have even gone too far with hate crime laws. What more is there for us to do as a country?

Don't get me started on Hate crime laws.

Punishing someone for their motive.

You assault someone it's assault. You assault someone because their not the same color as you it's apparently a greater crime.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 346
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 1:54:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't get me started on Hate crime laws.

Punishing someone for their motive.

You assault someone it's assault. You assault someone because their not the same color as you it's apparently a greater crime.

Well said. My point is that some people agree with hate crime laws others don't. With the passing of Hate Crime laws I don't think as a country there is anything left to do. Racist actions are completely and utterly outlawed. We punish racist actions severely. Do we want to make racist thoughts illegal next? Do we want to take away due process in the prosecution/punishment of racist actions?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 347
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 3:22:34 PM   
John Childress

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kap is many things but how is protesting for a BETTER AMERICA disrespecting America?

That makes no sense

We have not even begun to do everything to combat racism when an outright racist like Trump is a nominee of a major party!

Seriously

We have a guy who based his campaign on racism, won, and you claim we are doing all we can?

pure nonsense

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 348
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 3:38:58 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kap is many things but how is protesting for a BETTER AMERICA disrespecting America?

That makes no sense

We have not even begun to do everything to combat racism when an outright racist like Trump is a nominee of a major party!

Seriously

We have a guy who based his campaign on racism, won, and you claim we are doing all we can?

pure nonsense

Kaepernick is not protesting for a better America. He is disrespecting America. Regarding Trump first I would need somebody to prove to me that Trump is a racist. A lot of people claim he is, but that doesn't mean anything. Next Trump hasn't won anything and I doubt if he will. We are so anti racist as a country that I think we are willing to vote for Hillary Clinton because we are afraid Trump is a racist.
Trump has never held public office. If he has taken racist action he deserves to be held accountable by the law for his actions. He in no way represents America unless he is elected by the American public.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/8/2016 3:44:39 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 349
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2016 4:30:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I remember Bud Grant insisting that each Viking player stand at attention and be respectful to the flag. I long for the old days. Is it making the country better by us having a conversation about his issue? Not when he makes us mad through his "statement" of disrespect to the flag and to police officers. It's not helping. Sorry.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode