Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 7:55:57 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

A guy I was begging for the Vikings to draft a couple years ago.

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed upon a two-year, $15.4 million extension with La'el Collins.

The extension will run through 2019.

Collins would have been a restricted free agent after this season.

Collins' average of $7.7 million is second highest in the NFL amongst right tackles.

Great story. He went un-drafted.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 526
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 8:55:18 AM   
Todd M

La'el played the hand he was dealt with as well as you could.

Nobody was touching him with a high draft pick and he essentially forced an UDFA deal instead of a late round deal, No one called his bluff. And now he's getting paid. He did well.
Post #: 527
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 9:54:39 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed upon a two-year, $15.4 million extension with La'el Collins.

Collins' average of $7.7 million is second highest in the NFL amongst right tackles.

Well, THAT is quite misleading. It might be a great story per se, but it would be quite helpful to address the "why" with the undrafted part.

Just saying.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 528
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 10:14:26 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

Well, THAT is quite misleading. It might be a great story per se, but it would be quite helpful to address the "why" with the undrafted part.

Just saying.

Why he went undrafted is because of idiotic cowardly GMs in the NFL. He wasn't a suspect in the death of an ex girlfriend. He was wanted for questioning as any ex boyfriend should be questioned to see if he could offer any information to assist in the investigation.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 529
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 10:19:24 AM   
Ian Joseph

At that time, folks didn't 100% know anything. It was unfortunate, but no one was touching him.

Keep in mind that NFL security circles know A LOT more than the average Joe. If 32 teams were scared off from even spending a 7th round pick, its becuz their intel hadn't fully cleared him of any involvement.

Trust me on that one.

Believe.
Post #: 530
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 10:26:44 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

At that time, folks didn't 100% know anything. It was unfortunate, but no one was touching him.

Keep in mind that NFL security circles know A LOT more than the average Joe. If 32 teams were scared off from even spending a 7th round pick, its becuz their intel hadn't fully cleared him of any involvement.

Trust me on that one.

Yes Guilty until proven innocent beyond any shadow of a doubt. To me that whole thing was BS. I was extremely confident of his innocence at that time based on the little information I had.
Since he was innocent the NFL teams should have been able to discern this based on all the additional evidence they are privy to.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 531
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 1:10:43 PM   
Bill Jandro

Wasn't there some talk out of Collins camp that if he wasn't picked by rd 3 he pulled his name from the draft?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 532
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 1:23:02 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Wasn't there some talk out of Collins camp that if he wasn't picked by rd 3 he pulled his name from the draft?

Yes. He wanted to go in the first 3 rounds or not at all. He could make more money as an undrafted free agent than his salary slot in rounds 4+
Post #: 533
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 2:11:38 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Yes. He wanted to go in the first 3 rounds or not at all. He could make more money as an undrafted free agent than his salary slot in rounds 4+

Plus he could pick from all teams that offered an UDFA contract
Post #: 534
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2017 6:13:46 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

Trust me on that one.

Yes Guilty until proven innocent beyond any shadow of a doubt. To me that whole thing was BS. I was extremely confident of his innocence at that time based on the little information I had.
Since he was innocent the NFL teams should have been able to discern this based on all the additional evidence they are privy to.

See my first sentence.

Believe.
Post #: 535
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 12:55:09 AM   
kgdabom

Looks like the much talked about Patriots undefeated season isn't going to happen. Go KC.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 536
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 6:44:52 AM   
Tim Cady

Wow Hunt 246 yards from scrimmage! 3 touchdowns. Going to hear about this from Paul Charch on KFAN. He was in love with this guy predraft and had him pegged for the Vikings in the 3rd round. A lot to love about this kid. NFL record for yards from scrimmage in an NFL debut. I can't wait to see what Cooks can do. New England's defense went south fast once Hightower went down. I think they had a guy playing who had been on the team for 5 days and Alex Smith exposed the shit of him. Alex Smith looked fantastic last night.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 537
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 8:15:37 AM   
Brad H

The Edelman factor. Like I've been saying for a couple of years, he is the guy that stirs the drink in that offense. Without him, they are seriously handcuffed. Amendola is a cheap ripoff and a china doll.

Kansas City looks really good. Tons of speed!

Last night was very enjoyable. About 31 other teams and their fan-base rejoiced.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/8/2017 8:17:50 AM >

Post #: 538
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 8:26:00 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trust me on that one.

See my first sentence.

Ian without being privy to all their additional evidence I was 99% confident he was innocent. So how confident should the NFL teams have been with all their extra evidence. 99.99. I'll never let that one go. It was ridiculous.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 539
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 8:39:12 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

Wow Hunt 246 yards from scrimmage! 3 touchdowns. Going to hear about this from Paul Charch on KFAN. He was in love with this guy predraft and had him pegged for the Vikings in the 3rd round. A lot to love about this kid. NFL record for yards from scrimmage in an NFL debut. I can't wait to see what Cooks can do. New England's defense went south fast once Hightower went down. I think they had a guy playing who had been on the team for 5 days and Alex Smith exposed the shit of him. Alex Smith looked fantastic last night.

He'll be hurt by week six. Takes way too many hits.

Post #: 540
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 8:53:29 AM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trust me on that one.

See my first sentence.

Ian without being privy to all their additional evidence I was 99% confident he was innocent. So how confident should the NFL teams have been with all their extra evidence. 99.99. I'll never let that one go. It was ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure there was 99.99 percent chance Moritz Bohringer couldn't play in this league, and yet we took him in the 6th round?

Just sayin...
  Post #: 541
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 10:43:41 AM   
Phil Riewer

Didn't know that Malcolm Mitchell is out for the year....that plus loosing Edelman really hurts the Pats.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 542
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 10:53:38 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

The Edelman factor. Like I've been saying for a couple of years, he is the guy that stirs the drink in that offense. Without him, they are seriously handcuffed. Amendola is a cheap ripoff and a china doll.

Kansas City looks really good. Tons of speed!

Last night was very enjoyable. About 31 other teams and their fan-base rejoiced.

Yep.

So much for the vaunted Patriots starting 6-0.

They'll probably still go 5-1 but still and that division is theirs cause the rest of it completely blows.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 543
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 11:24:39 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trust me on that one.

See my first sentence.

I'm pretty sure there was 99.99 percent chance Moritz Bohringer couldn't play in this league, and yet we took him in the 6th round?

Just sayin...

So you were 100% sure that there was a 99.99% chance MOBO wouldn't make it, or 99.99% sure that there was a 100% chance?
Post #: 544
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 11:28:45 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trust me on that one.

See my first sentence.

Did the NFL teams contact you, so they could leverage your confidence level as their starting point? If not, you should have initiated contact with them.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 9/8/2017 11:29:59 AM >
Post #: 545
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 11:33:34 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Trust me on that one.

Yet you're perfectly good with the NFLs "more likely than not" bar for guilt. OMG
Post #: 546
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 5:38:57 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trust me on that one.

See my first sentence.

Did the NFL teams contact you, so they could leverage your confidence level as their starting point? If not, you should have initiated contact with them.

I initiated my confidence on this message board. I was very open about it. The NFL teams that were smart should have been monitoring this board and acted upon my insight.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 547
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 5:41:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Trust me on that one.

Yet you're perfectly good with the NFLs "more likely than not" bar for guilt. OMG

I'm not perfectly good with the more likely than not bar for guilt. If forced to make a choice sometimes that is what you have to go with. If I thought Collins was more likely than not guilty I would not have been clamoring for his being drafted.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 548
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2017 6:21:12 PM   
kgdabom

Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott has been granted a temporary restraining order from a Texas district court.

The court ruled Elliott didn't receive a "fundamentally fair hearing" from the NFL. The decision means he can play beyond Sunday night's game with the Giants. It's a huge win for the Cowboys after arbitrator Harold Henderson upheld Zeke's suspension. This is similiar to the Tom Brady situation. There's a chance Elliott's case is denied in November, but he's expected to be available for the rest of the season.

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Sep 8 - 6:22 PM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 549
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2017 8:01:11 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Shocking

It was in Texas. I'm surprised they didn't give him a "not guilty" bonus of 10 mil.
Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode