Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 11:24:24 AM   
David Levine

I like individual players on other teams and I can respect certain organizations for how they're run or what they've achieved. But those are very transitory "likes". Once those players move on or the team does something to change my opinion, I hold no remaining feelings for the team.

But there is only 1 team in each sport where I root for the "laundry" no matter what.
Post #: 501
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 11:32:01 AM   
Ricky J

I'd like to think it's up to me whether I'm a liker of football regardless of who I like and who I do not
Post #: 502
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 11:42:20 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

I'd like to think it's up to me whether I'm a liker of football regardless of who I like and who I do not

If you were a real football fan you'd take this weekend, do some real soul searching and rank the teams from 1 (they're so dreamy - I'd marry them if I could) to 32 (I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire).

I expect to see a full list with annotations Monday morning - or you are clearly not a true liker of football.
Post #: 503
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 12:11:13 PM   
Ricky J

I am going to consider getting right on that one ...
Post #: 504
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 10:15:53 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

Mike Williams might need back surgery on his herniated disk that would rule him out for the entire 2017 season.

Williams was the seventh overall pick by the Los Angeles Chargers.

The team still is hoping that Williams will respond positively to the second epidural, but also knows there's a real chance he will not and his rookie year will be over before it begins.

"This may be a lot more serious than people thought," said one source familiar with the injury.

The Chargers remain uncertain about when Williams initially injured his back, but one source said it's possible it was injured at the combine and during his pro day, but he did a good enough job masking it so that teams would not know and his draft stock would not be impacted.

The Chargers are a jinxed organization.

Who cares? Other than Chargers fans?

Chargers were my second favorite team. Loved them since the Dan Fouts/Air Coryell days. I HATE the move to LA, but I'm having a hard time letting go.

I'll never understand how some people can have a second favorite team. Maybe I'm the one who's out of touch, but, I'm a Viking fan only. Any other team? I wouldn't give them the sweat off my balls.

Me too.

The closest I ever have to a 2nd favorite team is whoever is playing the Packers or Bears.

To me it's liking football. If you only like one team you don't like football. I lived in San Diego for a while. I loved the Fouts to Jefferson and Kellen Winslow Sr. etc.

I still watch and occasionally listen to on the radio my High School team. I am a follower of my College team and have been a season ticket holder for decades. I have been in love with the Vikings since 1969. These are the only 3 teams that I have an emotional attachment to and root for year after year. However, I watch hours of football every fall in person and on TV because I love the game of football. I thought that I liked football, but, you have set me straight. Thanks.
Post #: 505
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 10:17:45 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mike Williams might need back surgery on his herniated disk that would rule him out for the entire 2017 season.

The team still is hoping that Williams will respond positively to the second epidural, but also knows there's a real chance he will not and his rookie year will be over before it begins.

"This may be a lot more serious than people thought," said one source familiar with the injury.

The Chargers remain uncertain about when Williams initially injured his back, but one source said it's possible it was injured at the combine and during his pro day, but he did a good enough job masking it so that teams would not know and his draft stock would not be impacted.

Chargers were my second favorite team. Loved them since the Dan Fouts/Air Coryell days. I HATE the move to LA, but I'm having a hard time letting go.

I'll never understand how some people can have a second favorite team. Maybe I'm the one who's out of touch, but, I'm a Viking fan only. Any other team? I wouldn't give them the sweat off my balls.

Me too.

The closest I ever have to a 2nd favorite team is whoever is playing the Packers or Bears.

To me it's liking football. If you only like one team you don't like football. I lived in San Diego for a while. I loved the Fouts to Jefferson and Kellen Winslow Sr. etc.

So how many teams does a person have to like to qualify as a liker of football?

Post #: 506
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 10:21:18 PM   
hagar

quote:

I like individual players on other teams and I can respect certain organizations for how they're run or what they've achieved. But those are very transitory "likes". Once those players move on or the team does something to change my opinion, I hold no remaining feelings for the team.

But there is only 1 team in each sport where I root for the "laundry" no matter what.

Non-liker.
Post #: 507
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 10:23:52 PM   
hagar

quote:

Unfortunately, it's not up to you Ricky. The decision has been made.
Post #: 508
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 10:24:52 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

If you were a real football fan you'd take this weekend, do some real soul searching and rank the teams from 1 (they're so dreamy - I'd marry them if I could) to 32 (I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire).

I expect to see a full list with annotations Monday morning - or you are clearly not a true liker of football.

Post #: 509
RE: Other NFL News - 7/21/2017 10:27:42 PM   
hagar

quote:

I am going to consider getting right on that one ...

So let it be written
So let it be done.

Us non-likers are waiting.
Post #: 510
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 1:31:52 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Me too.

I still watch and occasionally listen to on the radio my High School team. I am a follower of my College team and have been a season ticket holder for decades. I have been in love with the Vikings since 1969. These are the only 3 teams that I have an emotional attachment to and root for year after year. However, I watch hours of football every fall in person and on TV because I love the game of football. I thought that I liked football, but, you have set me straight. Thanks.

So you have three teams you actually seem to more than just like. You also enjoy watching other NFL games even though you don't like any of the other teams you are watching. Are you sure you don't like any of the other teams you are watching? I think you are a liker of football whether you realize it or not.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 511
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 1:33:32 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Non-liker.

Actually seems like a liker to me.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 512
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 5:07:09 AM   
Thomas O. Eliason

I watch several NFL games during the season, totally not giving a FF who wins/loses.

It's the only way to truly measure our Vikings. Of course I'm looking for flaws/weaknesses.

But mostly, they're boring as hell. I ain't dying to watch a chokefest between two POS dogshiz teams.

PPE II baby
Post #: 513
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 10:13:41 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Non-liker.

Still haven't got the over/under on how many teams you have like to qualify as a liker.
Post #: 514
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 3:54:02 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Non-liker.

Still haven't got the over/under on how many teams you have like to qualify as a liker.

You won't get it from me. I think my point is valid. If the only time you like football is when your one team is playing and you don't enjoy watching other players/teams than you don't really like football.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 515
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 9:09:29 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Me too.

So you have three teams you actually seem to more than just like. You also enjoy watching other NFL games even though you don't like any of the other teams you are watching. Are you sure you don't like any of the other teams you are watching? I think you are a liker of football whether you realize it or not.

No I don't like or root for other teams. I enjoy watching a good football game regardless of who's playing. If it turns into a boring ass snoozer like many NFL games nowadays I'd rather watch reruns of Family Guy. Liker or non-liker? You decide

< Message edited by hagar -- 7/22/2017 9:10:37 PM >
Post #: 516
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 9:52:37 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Me too.

No I don't like or root for other teams. I enjoy watching a good football game regardless of who's playing. If it turns into a boring ass snoozer like many NFL games nowadays I'd rather watch reruns of Family Guy. Liker or non-liker? You decide

You like three different teams at a pretty high level. You like watching other NFL teams and I bet sometimes you are rooting for one of the other teams to win. I'm going to say liker. I think most of us here actually like football and we appreciate other NFL teams. I enjoy watching great plays and even if I start watching not caring which team wins at all usually at some point of the game I develop a preference for which team wins.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 517
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 10:52:17 PM   
thebigo

This "liker" thing is reaching the levels of the "sway" thing.
Post #: 518
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 11:04:52 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Me too.

You like three different teams at a pretty high level. You like watching other NFL teams and I bet sometimes you are rooting for one of the other teams to win. I'm going to say liker. I think most of us here actually like football and we appreciate other NFL teams. I enjoy watching great plays and even if I start watching not caring which team wins at all usually at some point of the game I develop a preference for which team wins.

If I watch an NFL game that is not the Vikings I honestly don't give a rats ass who wins unless it helps the Vikings. I actually watch more college football than NFL because they seem to care way more than most of the arrogant, entitled players that populate many NFL teams.
Post #: 519
RE: Other NFL News - 7/22/2017 11:11:08 PM   
hagar

quote:

So am I a liker, non-liker, swayer or non-swayer?
How do I get back into the good graces of whichever
group I'm not in?
Post #: 520
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2017 2:23:37 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I like collegiate games if they are competitive. I don't like watching Alabama crush some division II school looking for a payday.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 521
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2017 10:24:33 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

So am I a liker, non-liker, swayer or non-swayer?
How do I get back into the good graces of whichever
group I'm not in?

You is what you is.
Post #: 522
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2017 12:59:09 PM   
David F.

quote:

If I watch an NFL game that is not the Vikings I honestly don't give a rats ass who wins unless it helps the Vikings. I actually watch more college football than NFL because they seem to care way more than most of the arrogant, entitled players that populate many NFL teams.

You know where the NFL players come from right?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 523
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2017 8:46:10 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

You know where the NFL players come from right?

Yes
Post #: 524
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2017 11:02:22 PM   
kgdabom

A guy I was begging for the Vikings to draft a couple years ago.

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed upon a two-year, $15.4 million extension with La'el Collins.

The extension will run through 2019.

Collins would have been a restricted free agent after this season.

Collins' average of $7.7 million is second highest in the NFL amongst right tackles.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode