Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 10:24:26 AM   
Lynn G.

The polls didn't work out well for Hillary at all. Not sure what your point is. The fact that we have people who fell for pizzagate, birtherism, "I'm not a racist", etc. is the point I was making.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 676
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 10:42:15 AM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

The polls didn't work out well for Hillary at all. Not sure what your point is. The fact that we have people who fell for pizzagate, birtherism, "I'm not a racist", etc. is the point I was making.

I don't think Trump is a racist. He has flaws, but that isn't one.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 677
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 10:43:55 AM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

We have proof of the effectiveness of propaganda right in front of us. The fact that someone is completely unaware that Trump has aligned himself with white supremicists, and to call criticism of Donald Trump terrorism, are perfect examples of how minds can be convinced that the the sun rises in the west. Polls also show that something like 45% of Republicans fell hook, line and sinker for the complete fabrication that Obama was born in Kenya. We have a lot of extremely gullible people in our nation.

I'm calling death threats to those who were performing or going to perform for the inauguration terrorism. How you construe death threats as being criticism I haven't a clue. I have seen zero evidence that shows me Trump is a racist. I thought Obama was born in Hawaii and I've never heard one peep about him being born in Kenya. He was according to some born in an Arab State, but I never heard Kenya.

OK I just looked it up. According to his Grandmother he was born in Kenya a story she told, but recanted later is what I read. I haven't a clue if it was from a reliable source. If Obama wasn't born in the USA it was an amazing cover up. I don't buy it at all.
You see how political I am having never heard of this until now. I have been aware of claims about Trump being racist and I found that important enough to look into. The accusations are always out of context and riddled with holes. You can find more stories about how Trump hired minorities and paid them well.

I have also heard how Trump is anti-immigrant. Funny that he married one. I'm married to a legal immigrant. Trump has never given her a hard time. Trump is anti illegal immigrant. Just be honest. Like I said he has real flaws. No point in making up fake ones.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/9/2018 11:05:54 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 678
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 11:19:43 AM   
thebigo

quote:

I tried not to be too subtle. The point being someone spouting about people being gullible 1 sentence after basing their opinion on a poll.
Post #: 679
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 11:26:13 AM  1 votes
Lynn G.

Fred and Donald Trump were sued by the State of New York for discriminatory rental practices because they would not rent to blacks. Even their own employee testified that applications for rental units by blacks were to be put in a drawer. The Trump's settled with the state.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump's racial slurs were so obvious that David Duke, former Grand Master of the KKK proudly announced to the news media that Trump was their guy. That he spoke their message, loud and clear. His dog whistles included calling Mexicans rapists, proclaiming that we shouldn't allow any Muslims to cross our borders, that the Central Park 5 should be executed (even before the trial even began, and they were later exonerated), "just look at my African American", praising the statues of Civil War figures who were absolutely 100% racists...

Zero evidence that Trump is a racist? Hmmm.

As for the Kenya claim - oh my gosh - you missed almost an entire decade. If you were hospitalized with a head injury you could be forgiven for missing an extremely blatant attempt to discredit and destroy a good man's legacy, but not many other people missed it. Some (45% of Republicans) actually swallowed the kool-aid and joined right in the fray. Every one else pretty much just shook their head and decried what a despicable man Donald Trump is for so vehemently propagating a hateful lie.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 680
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 11:30:50 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I tried not to be too subtle. The point being someone spouting about people being gullible 1 sentence after basing their opinion on a poll.

Seriously - why didn't you just say it more clearly? You are saying that I was gullible to believe the polls that Hillary was in the lead? Just say it for god's sake.

Yep. The polls all showed her with a pretty substantial lead until the declaration by Jim Comey that they had re-opened the e-mail investigation. After that they plummeted but it was so late in the campaign season it was hard to interpret what that was going to mean on election day. I believe that many people who had planned to vote for Clinton were so deflated by yet another e-mail investigation that they ended up staying home. That didn't show up in the polls.

In the future, have the balls to come right out and make your accusation of me.

Post #: 681
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 11:39:32 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Seriously - why didn't you just say it more clearly? You are saying that I was gullible to believe the polls that Hillary was in the lead? Just say it for god's sake.

What fun is that?

Yep. The polls all showed her with a pretty substantial lead until the declaration by Jim Comey that they had re-opened the e-mail investigation. After that they plummeted but it was so late in the campaign season it was hard to interpret what that was going to mean on election day. I believe that many people who had planned to vote for Clinton were so deflated by yet another e-mail investigation that they ended up staying home. That didn't show up in the polls.

In the future, have the balls to come right out and make your accusation of me.

Don't feel like I always have to hit someone over the head to get a point across.

Wait, is that clear enough?
Post #: 682
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 11:40:01 AM   
Bill Jandro

Not that any of this belongs in this thread but,

Trump getting elected was basically voters showing how dissatisfied to the state of of our country as a result of it being ruled by career politicians.

We're presented with basically two choices for president. To vote a jackass like Trump into office really shows how broken our system is.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 683
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 11:40:04 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

We have proof of the effectiveness of propaganda right in front of us. The fact that someone is completely unaware that Trump has aligned himself with white supremicists, and to call criticism of Donald Trump terrorism, are perfect examples of how minds can be convinced that the the sun rises in the west. Polls also show that something like 45% of Republicans fell hook, line and sinker for the complete fabrication that Obama was born in Kenya. We have a lot of extremely gullible people in our nation.

I'm calling death threats to those who were performing or going to perform for the inauguration terrorism. How you construe death threats as being criticism I haven't a clue. I have seen zero evidence that shows me Trump is a racist. I thought Obama was born in Hawaii and I've never heard one peep about him being born in Kenya. He was according to some born in an Arab State, but I never heard Kenya.

OK I just looked it up. According to his Grandmother he was born in Kenya a story she told, but recanted later is what I read. I haven't a clue if it was from a reliable source. If Obama wasn't born in the USA it was an amazing cover up. I don't buy it at all.
You see how political I am having never heard of this until now. I have been aware of claims about Trump being racist and I found that important enough to look into. The accusations are always out of context and riddled with holes. You can find more stories about how Trump hired minorities and paid them well.

I have also heard how Trump is anti-immigrant. Funny that he married one. I'm married to a legal immigrant. Trump has never given her a hard time. Trump is anti illegal immigrant. Just be honest. Like I said he has real flaws. No point in making up fake ones.

Dude, quit while you're behind.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 684
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 11:42:09 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Not that any of this belongs in this thread but,

Trump getting elected was basically voters showing how dissatisfied to the state of of our country as a result of it being ruled by career politicians.

We're presented with basically two choices for president. To vote a jackass like Trump into office really shows how broken our system is.

Which had next to nothing to do with Trump.

Although he's definitely a dynamic now.
Post #: 685
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 2:05:18 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

Don't feel like I am behind at all Ian. I guess that will make you feel like I am even more behind. I believe I made very solid points about how much BS it is that Trump is anti-immigrant, that the liberals practiced extreme terrorism threatening the lives of performers. I will take any claim that Trump is a racist with a huge grain of salt. As for the Kenya thing did Obama's grandmother at one time say he was born in Kenya or not? Lynn is claiming it is a complete fabrication. That would mean the entire story was made up. I won't believe that just on her say so same as I won't believe he was born in Kenya because somebody said so. After examining the evidence I strongly believe Obama was born in Hawaii and that was my belief before examining the evidence.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/9/2018 2:09:01 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 686
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 2:21:48 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Fred and Donald Trump were sued by the State of New York for discriminatory rental practices because they would not rent to blacks. Even their own employee testified that applications for rental units by blacks were to be put in a drawer. The Trump's settled with the state.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump's racial slurs were so obvious that David Duke, former Grand Master of the KKK proudly announced to the news media that Trump was their guy. That he spoke their message, loud and clear. His dog whistles included calling Mexicans rapists, proclaiming that we shouldn't allow any Muslims to cross our borders, that the Central Park 5 should be executed (even before the trial even began, and they were later exonerated), "just look at my African American", praising the statues of Civil War figures who were absolutely 100% racists...

As for the Kenya claim - oh my gosh - you missed almost an entire decade. If you were hospitalized with a head injury you could be forgiven for missing an extremely blatant attempt to discredit and destroy a good man's legacy, but not many other people missed it. Some (45% of Republicans) actually swallowed the kool-aid and joined right in the fray. Every one else pretty much just shook their head and decried what a despicable man Donald Trump is for so vehemently propagating a hateful lie.

Lynn the point you miss regarding Kenya is I never cared where he was born. I avoid politics like the plague in most cases. Once in a long while I'm moved to take some form of action. Your post got me to look into it. Now are you saying the Kenya thing is a 100% fabrication and his grandmother never said anything of the sort? It wouldn't surprise me at all either way. There are legit reasons to dislike Trump, He's a pompous windbag, but most politicians are. He at times is rude and crude, he is over reactive, and he takes a sledgehammer approach to most issues. However, I think anybody subjected to the liberal abuse that he is subjected to would either go fetal or come out in a fighting posture. It's hard to know what to believe when so many of the claims against Trump are either fabrications or serious bending of the truth.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/9/2018 2:33:22 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 687
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 5:50:22 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't feel like I am behind at all Ian. I guess that will make you feel like I am even more behind. I believe I made very solid points about how much BS it is that Trump is anti-immigrant, that the liberals practiced extreme terrorism threatening the lives of performers. I will take any claim that Trump is a racist with a huge grain of salt. As for the Kenya thing did Obama's grandmother at one time say he was born in Kenya or not? Lynn is claiming it is a complete fabrication. That would mean the entire story was made up. I won't believe that just on her say so same as I won't believe he was born in Kenya because somebody said so. After examining the evidence I strongly believe Obama was born in Hawaii and that was my belief before examining the evidence.

Again, quit while you're behind.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 688
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 7:50:41 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And please NEVER, EVER vote. EVER.

Politifact: Trump Lies about Obama Birth
Post #: 689
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 7:52:38 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

Lynn the point you miss regarding Kenya is I never cared where he was born. I avoid politics like the plague in most cases. Once in a long while I'm moved to take some form of action. Your post got me to look into it. Now are you saying the Kenya thing is a 100% fabrication and his grandmother never said anything of the sort? It wouldn't surprise me at all either way. There are legit reasons to dislike Trump, He's a pompous windbag, but most politicians are. He at times is rude and crude, he is over reactive, and he takes a sledgehammer approach to most issues. However, I think anybody subjected to the liberal abuse that he is subjected to would either go fetal or come out in a fighting posture. It's hard to know what to believe when so many of the claims against Trump are either fabrications or serious bending of the truth.

You're out of your depth. Use your ninja logic to know it's time to stop.

AND NEVER, EVER VOTE.
Post #: 690
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 8:16:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And please NEVER, EVER vote. EVER.

Politifact: Trump Lies about Obama Birth

I never vote. Don't worry. I have never seen a candidate worthy of my vote. Once again I'm not behind. I don't highly research all of the propaganda out there, but I know enough to know horrible lies are being spread.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/9/2018 8:33:02 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 691
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 8:19:02 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

AND NEVER, EVER VOTE.

If you believe every liberal accusation against Trump and other conservatives I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. That's just as naïve as believing that Obama was born in Kenya. I may consider voting once the Republican and Democratic parties are abolished and right now that looks like the only hope for our countries future. Those two groups are damaging our country far more than any others.
I encourage anybody involved with either of these to get out as I see both parties as beyond saving.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/9/2018 9:23:46 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 692
RE: Other NFL News - 6/10/2018 1:19:11 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

AND NEVER, EVER VOTE.

I agree, and I'll go one step further. Reproduction isn't mandatory.
Post #: 693
RE: Other NFL News - 6/10/2018 9:28:23 AM   
Lynn G.

KG -
quote:

As for the Kenya thing did Obama's grandmother at one time say he was born in Kenya or not? Lynn is claiming it is a complete fabrication.

I never said anything like that at all. I never once mentioned the Obama grandmother claim, who was referring to seeing Obama's FATHER's birth (they have the same name), not our President. I was simply responding to your comment that you hadn't heard any claims that Obama was born in Kenya, and it seemed like you would have had to have been in a coma not to have heard all of those conspiracy chants.

Post #: 694
RE: Other NFL News - 6/10/2018 9:35:12 AM  1 votes
Lynn G.

quote:

However, I think anybody subjected to the liberal abuse that he is subjected to would either go fetal or come out in a fighting posture. It's hard to know what to believe when so many of the claims against Trump are either fabrications or serious bending of the truth.

Oh, I get it. You've bought into the "Trump is a victim" meme he likes to twit about so often. When someone so vehemently and cruelly attacks everyone around him, he doesn't get the right to play the victim card. When someone spends his entire adult life lining his own pockets at the expense of destroying small businesses along the way, he doesn't get to play the victim card. When someone spews blatant lie after lie, some small but others of enormous consequence, he doesn't get to play the victim card.

Liberal abuse? You have GOT to be kidding me? If the situation were reversed and he was a Dem instead of a Rep, Republicans would have begun calling for impeachment on his inauguration day. In fact that's what they claimed they were going to do if Hillary had been elected. Republicans in Congress actually said that if she were elected they would begin impeachment hearings on day 1. Instead we have only a handful of Democrats who have barely used the "I" word. The rest are waiting for the legitimate and constitutional investigation by (Republican) Robert Mueller, ordered by (Republican) Asst. AG Rosenstein, to fully run its course.

Liberal abuse. The man gives out 1000 times more than he gets in the way of abuse. Donald Trump is no victim.

Post #: 695
RE: Other NFL News - 6/10/2018 12:46:43 PM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

However, I think anybody subjected to the liberal abuse that he is subjected to would either go fetal or come out in a fighting posture. It's hard to know what to believe when so many of the claims against Trump are either fabrications or serious bending of the truth.

Oh, I get it. You've bought into the "Trump is a victim" meme he likes to twit about so often. When someone so vehemently and cruelly attacks everyone around him, he doesn't get the right to play the victim card. When someone spends his entire adult life lining his own pockets at the expense of destroying small businesses along the way, he doesn't get to play the victim card. When someone spews blatant lie after lie, some small but others of enormous consequence, he doesn't get to play the victim card.

Liberal abuse? You have GOT to be kidding me? If the situation were reversed and he was a Dem instead of a Rep, Republicans would have begun calling for impeachment on his inauguration day. In fact that's what they claimed they were going to do if Hillary had been elected. Republicans in Congress actually said that if she were elected they would begin impeachment hearings on day 1. Instead we have only a handful of Democrats who have barely used the "I" word. The rest are waiting for the legitimate and constitutional investigation by (Republican) Robert Mueller, ordered by (Republican) Asst. AG Rosenstein, to fully run its course.

Liberal abuse. The man gives out 1000 times more than he gets in the way of abuse. Donald Trump is no victim.

Lynn, Trump as I have always said has many flaws, but you seem to buy into everything that they ever produce against Trump. Trumps instinct is to come out fighting. He isn't diplomatic. He is a victim of liberal abuse without question, but I agree with you he gives out as much abuse as he gets. I wouldn't call him a victim in general. His instincts are fight not flight.
I do lean conservative, because I see the liberals taking more horrific actions than the conservatives most of the time. I'm sure you think it is the other way around. The Liberal terroristic acts when the election didn't go their way made me more concerned for our country than I have ever been. I'm specifically referring to the death threats made against performers, but it went much farther than that. No conservatives that I know of have ever refused an honorary invitation to the white house when their team wins a championship. That isn't supposed to be about politics and never was in the history of our nation. Making it political divides us as a nation. Then Trump goes into his fighting posture and rescinds the invites making things that much worse.
However, I know most accusations from both sides are fabrications/distortions etc. Politics is a very dirty business and these two parties sicken me. I truly believe as long as our two party system is in place we have very little hope for anything improving in our country.
I know it is unbelievably unrealistic and idealistic for my desire to see both the Republican and Democrat parties abolished, but a guy can dream right.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/10/2018 12:58:49 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 696
RE: Other NFL News - 6/10/2018 1:08:54 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

KG -
quote:

As for the Kenya thing did Obama's grandmother at one time say he was born in Kenya or not? Lynn is claiming it is a complete fabrication.

I never said anything like that at all. I never once mentioned the Obama grandmother claim, who was referring to seeing Obama's FATHER's birth (they have the same name), not our President. I was simply responding to your comment that you hadn't heard any claims that Obama was born in Kenya, and it seemed like you would have had to have been in a coma not to have heard all of those conspiracy chants.

Lynn you did say it was a complete fabrication. To me the word complete means there was nothing whatsoever factual that it was based on. I get very literal about words. Your explanation of the matter is very satisfactory to me.
No I wasn't in a coma. I did know that there were claims that Obama wasn't born in America. However, I avoided knowing more about it than that by doing my normal thing of avoiding politics like the plague that they are.
Your comments caused me to look into it more so now I am better informed about the whole fiasco for better or worse. I don't usually vote because these two parties sicken me and so far my vote would not have changed any election I was eligible to vote in.
I did vote for Jesse Ventura when he was running from a non affiliated party for Governor of Minnesota so that was cool. He won, but my vote didn't change the outcome.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/10/2018 1:20:52 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 697
RE: Other NFL News - 6/10/2018 2:08:36 PM  1 votes
thebigo

In general...
Post #: 698
RE: Other NFL News - 6/11/2018 8:46:48 AM  1 votes
Lynn G.

KG -
quote:

I do lean conservative, because I see the liberals taking more horrific actions than the conservatives most of the time.

One thing you cannot deny is that the conservatives behaved abhorrently during Obama's presidency. We had just suffered the biggest economic catastrophe since the Great Depression and immediate and aggressive work needed to be done to keep us from falling over the cliff. How did the conservatives respond? By trying to block every single thing our president did to right the ship. During the Obama presidency Republicans staged a RECORD NUMBER of filibusters in their attempt to stop everything he was doing. First the economy goes to pot under their "leadership" and when the next guy comes in to have to fix it, they create roadblock after roadblock.

One of their favorite tactics was to team up with Democrats to write legislation, but then when it came to a vote they would vote against it - signaling their corrupt and cynical intent to completely gum up the system. That was the legacy of the tea partiers and the hardlined right wing conservatives.

In contrast, when 9-11 happened, Democrats stood behind the Republican president and said tell us what you need. This was a time of a national crises and Democrats did the appropriate and patriotic thing. They dropped party lines and worked across the aisle. THAT is patriotism.

When we had an equally horrific national crisis (the Bush Recession), Republicans took the opposite strategy. They did everything they could to stop Obama from both fixing the economy and enacting legislation to prevent it from happening again. And then, after not lifting a finger, they whined incessently that the recovery was taking too long. They somehow expected the worst recession in our history to recover at exactly the same rate as other recessions had recovered, even while all the time standing in the way of that recovery.

Nope. You're just plain wrong. Conservatives have absolutely nothing to say about liberal behavior. And speaking of terrorism? Threats against the presidency went up 500% when Obama was elected. You talk about terrorists? THAT was clear and plain terrorism. Trump has the thinnest skin of anyone I've ever known, much less seen in public office. The criticisms lobbed against him are not terrorism. The death threats that Obama received were.

Post #: 699
RE: Other NFL News - 6/11/2018 8:58:22 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

quote:

KG -
quote:

Lynn you did say it was a complete fabrication. To me the word complete means there was nothing whatsoever factual that it was based on. I get very literal about words. Your explanation of the matter is very satisfactory to me.

I said that the whole "Obama was born in Kenya" story was a complete fabrication. You seemed to have interpreted that as a comment on Obama's grandmother's quote or something.

Let's just be 100% clear - the birther claims by Trump and the right were a complete fabrication. Absolutely. Undeniably. Just totally made up. And if you think that it is a total coincidence that it was the first black president of the United States that was questioned on his birth right, you are terribly naive. We've elected both Democrats and Republicans before and we've had close races before with questionable decisions (i.e. the Bush/Gore Supreme Court settlement of that election), but no one has ever before raised the question of a candidate's birthright.

Until we elected the black guy.

And Trump was the biggest pusher of birtherism on a national stage. It had as much honesty and truth as the Humpty Dumpty story, yet people were eager to believe it, and Trump was eager to keep pushing it. The fact that he maintained that lie for seven years is impressive, in a felonious, anti-American, racist, hateful kind of way. He even took it to the next level and outwardly questioned his college degrees. Defend that.

Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode