Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 7/16/2018 9:45:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Except that a team loaded in cap space will pay him more than that.

Running backs might be trending down as a whole, but there is a HUGE premium on 3 down backs that catch passes. The NFL Draft just showed that.

LeVeon Bell is going to get big, big money next offseason, barring injury.

I don't care how much cap space a team has. They can spend it a lot better than $70 million or more on Bell.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 726
RE: Other NFL News - 7/16/2018 10:56:23 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Per RotoWorld LeVeon Bell turned down a slightly front loaded 5 year contract for $70 Million.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers offered Le'Veon Bell a five-year, $70 million contract prior to Monday's 4 PM ET deadline.

Per RapSheet, the offer contained more than $30 million over the first two years, but Bell has opted to instead play on the $14.544 million tag for the second straight year before hitting free agency at 27 years old next March. The $14 million average on the Steelers' offer would easily make Bell the league's highest-paid back, an honor held at the moment by Devonta Freeman at $8.25 million per year. It's hard to see Bell doing better than this next offseason, but we'll see.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 16 - 6:57 PM

Bell is good. Possibly the best RB in the league, but right now the highest paid RB in the league is Devonte Freeman at 8.25 million. RBs are trending down in value in the NFL not up. Not only is it very unlikely that Bell gets more next year, but he isn't likely to find a team more conducive to winning and his talents. My opinion and of course it stinks is he is being a fool of quite large proportions.

How is the RB franchise tag $14.5M when the highest paid RB makes $8.5M?
Post #: 727
RE: Other NFL News - 7/16/2018 11:20:11 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Per RotoWorld LeVeon Bell turned down a slightly front loaded 5 year contract for $70 Million.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers offered Le'Veon Bell a five-year, $70 million contract prior to Monday's 4 PM ET deadline.

Per RapSheet, the offer contained more than $30 million over the first two years, but Bell has opted to instead play on the $14.544 million tag for the second straight year before hitting free agency at 27 years old next March. The $14 million average on the Steelers' offer would easily make Bell the league's highest-paid back, an honor held at the moment by Devonta Freeman at $8.25 million per year. It's hard to see Bell doing better than this next offseason, but we'll see.

Bell is good. Possibly the best RB in the league, but right now the highest paid RB in the league is Devonte Freeman at 8.25 million. RBs are trending down in value in the NFL not up. Not only is it very unlikely that Bell gets more next year, but he isn't likely to find a team more conducive to winning and his talents. My opinion and of course it stinks is he is being a fool of quite large proportions.

A couple things:

First: Its not based on annual salary - its based on an average of how much the Top 5 players at their position will make THIS year. So that includes all bonuses. Jerick McKinnon, for example, is actually making 10.5M this year.

Second: This would be Bell's 2nd straight year being franchised, so his number is 120% of the tag.
Post #: 728
RE: Other NFL News - 7/16/2018 11:24:59 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

Running backs might be trending down as a whole, but there is a HUGE premium on 3 down backs that catch passes. The NFL Draft just showed that.

I don't care how much cap space a team has. They can spend it a lot better than $70 million or more on Bell.

I disagree. Majorly.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 729
RE: Other NFL News - 7/17/2018 12:06:30 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I disagree. Majorly.

That's totally cool. I disagree Generally LOL. That's higher than Majorly.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 730
RE: Other NFL News - 7/17/2018 8:42:12 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

A couple things:

First: Its not based on annual salary - its based on an average of how much the Top 5 players at their position will make THIS year. So that includes all bonuses. Jerick McKinnon, for example, is actually making 10.5M this year.

Second: This would be Bell's 2nd straight year being franchised, so his number is 120% of the tag.

I'm pretty sure the second point is the biggy here, isn't it actually 20% more than what he got when previously tagged? I can't imagine that THIS year there are 5 RBs making amounts that would average out to $12M+.
Post #: 731
RE: Other NFL News - 7/17/2018 9:02:32 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

A couple things:

I'm pretty sure the second point is the biggy here, isn't it actually 20% more than what he got when previously tagged? I can't imagine that THIS year there are 5 RBs making amounts that would average out to $12M+.

Yeah it seems really strange.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 732
RE: Other NFL News - 7/17/2018 10:21:23 AM   
Bill Jandro

Bell is the best RB in football but that's a lot of cabbage.

He's still just entering his prime though and should have 4 more seasons before he hits the RB wall.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 733
RE: Other NFL News - 7/17/2018 2:32:28 PM   
Ian Joseph

Guys like Bell, Zeke Elliott, Saquan Barkley, maybe Dalvin Cook will usher in the new era of franchise running backs. They will all make real big money because they are pass catching threats out of the backfield.

Their contracts will be akin to what WRs make, if not more, much more. At least one of those aforementioned players will get 100 million on their next contract.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 734
RE: Other NFL News - 7/24/2018 4:52:13 PM   
David Levine

LeVon needs to send the Rams a huge "Thank You" card...

Justis Mosqueda@JuMosq
$45 million guaranteed for Todd Gurley is unheard of for a RB. LeSean McCoy (previously the highest vet RB) got $18.3 million.

Rams could have held Gurley hostage with the fifth-year option next year and franchise tags (Bell got two.) Not sure why they didn't but good for Gurley
Post #: 735
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2018 7:59:39 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Guys like Bell, Zeke Elliott, Saquan Barkley, maybe Dalvin Cook will usher in the new era of franchise running backs. They will all make real big money because they are pass catching threats out of the backfield.

Their contracts will be akin to what WRs make, if not more, much more. At least one of those aforementioned players will get 100 million on their next contract.

Thought you were way off base here but after the Gurley contract you might be right

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 736
RE: Other NFL News - 7/25/2018 12:11:48 PM   
kgdabom

The latest report regarding Josh Gordon.

Browns GM John Dorsey said he "absolutely" expects WR Josh Gordon to play this season.
"Yeah, I would think, absolutely," was Dorsey's response when asked if he expected Gordon to play at all this year. Gordon, who returned from suspension last season following years of substance abuse, recently announced that he would miss the start of training camp to address mental health and anxiety issues. "It could mean many things, a month, three, 10 days, 30 days," said the Browns GM. "Let's see what it is." As he's been throughout his career, the 27-year-old remains a high-risk, high-reward fantasy option.
Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter
Jul 25 - 12:45 PM

I take it as far more negative than positive. At some point in time this season we expect Gordon to play. Word last night is he should be rejoining the team soon.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 737
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2018 3:23:34 AM   
kgdabom

Latest on Pukers offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga.

Packers placed RT Bryan Bulaga (knee) on the active/PUP list.
It's not a surprise with Bulaga recovering from November ACL surgery. The Packers felt good enough about Bulaga's knee to keep him at his $5.85 million base salary. Barring setbacks, Bulaga is a decent bet to be ready for Week 1.
Source: Field Yates on Twitter
Jul 25 - 6:00 PM

The way that's worded makes me think there is a decent chance he isn't ready for week 2. That would be huge.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 738
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2018 3:29:39 AM   
kgdabom

Within one day of telling Julio Jones he wasn't getting a new contract the Falcons give him a contract adjustment.

Julio Jones and the Falcons have agreed on a contract adjustment, ensuring Jones will report to training camp on time.
There will be no holdout. Jones had fallen to the bottom of the ten highest-paid wide receivers after three seasons into his latest deal, and got his desired raise after finishing second in the NFL in receiving yards. Julio has incredibly topped 1,400 yards in four straight years. Behind Antonio Brown, he is squarely in the mix to be this year's No. 2-drafted wideout along with Odell Beckham and DeAndre Hopkins. The entire Falcons offense is primed for positive TD regression.
Jul 26 - 12:34 AM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 739
RE: Other NFL News - 7/26/2018 7:00:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Seahawks Safety Kam Chancellor Placed On Reserve/PUP List. Chancellor will not play this season

Looks like a down year for the Seahawks. It seems as though they switched cornerbacks with the 49'ers. Richard Sherman went to San Francisco and Seattle getting Dontae Johnson.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 740
RE: Other NFL News - 7/30/2018 5:53:26 PM   
kgdabom

I hate seeing injuries to anybody, but the Pukers seem to have been hit with a couple more.

Packers ILB Jake Ryan was carted off the field with a knee injury in Monday's training camp session.

Speaking after practice, fellow inside linebacker Blake Martinez described Ryan as "devastated." The MRI will tell the tale, but it is not looking good for Ryan. The 2015 fourth-rounder had his most effective season in 2017. He has missed only five games in three years.

Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter

Jul 30 - 3:23 PM

Packers CB Kentrell Brice was carted off with a "potentially serious" leg injury on Monday.

A key reserve the past two seasons, Brice has been mixing in with the 1s through the early days of camp. Brice lost most of 2018 to an ankle injury.

Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter

Jul 30 - 1:32 PM

The pukers used their first two picks on corners so the loss of the CB might not mean much.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 741
RE: Other NFL News - 7/30/2018 8:37:29 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I hate seeing injuries to anybody, but the Pukers seem to have been hit with a couple more.

Packers ILB Jake Ryan was carted off the field with a knee injury in Monday's training camp session.

Speaking after practice, fellow inside linebacker Blake Martinez described Ryan as "devastated." The MRI will tell the tale, but it is not looking good for Ryan. The 2015 fourth-rounder had his most effective season in 2017. He has missed only five games in three years.

Packers CB Kentrell Brice was carted off with a "potentially serious" leg injury on Monday.

A key reserve the past two seasons, Brice has been mixing in with the 1s through the early days of camp. Brice lost most of 2018 to an ankle injury.

The pukers used their first two picks on corners so the loss of the CB might not mean much.

Sounds prophetic.

I'd sure hate to see the Packers trotting out a couple rookies at CB.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 7/30/2018 8:39:26 PM >
Post #: 742
RE: Other NFL News - 7/30/2018 8:51:22 PM   
quote:

The more the merrier.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 743
RE: Other NFL News - 7/30/2018 9:14:27 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Sounds prophetic.

The Vikings are likely to be trotting out one. Yes I too noticed the prophetic nature of the bolded, but I don't think it is an ankle.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 744
RE: Other NFL News - 7/30/2018 9:40:20 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sounds prophetic.

The Vikings are likely to be trotting out one. Yes I too noticed the prophetic nature of the bolded, but I don't think it is an ankle.

But the Vikings won't be trotting one out there out of necessity.
Post #: 745
RE: Other NFL News - 7/30/2018 9:48:11 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sounds prophetic.

But the Vikings won't be trotting one out there out of necessity.

Nope. Only if he's good enough.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 746
RE: Other NFL News - 8/5/2018 11:47:45 AM   
Born2Blitz

Where does Reusse get this info? Did I miss something?

Plus three

NFL observations:

• Randy Moss said on Hall of Fame weekend the media treated him “unfairly.’’ Right. Why did several of us fail to report Randy’s observation yelled into the Winter Park press room featuring a much-used gay slur?

• The edict against lowering the helmet is going to be a complete fiasco, as paranoid and overzealous NFL officials throw flags incessantly.

• Once Earl Thomas gets to Eagan in about a month, he will give the Vikings an all-time great safety combination with Harrison Smith.

skol...Skol...SKol..SKOl.....SKOL
Post #: 747
RE: Other NFL News - 8/8/2018 10:32:25 AM   
Ricky J

Strib tweet:
Aaron Rodgers unhappy with some of his team's young wide receivers after Tuesday's practice, calls effort 'piss-poor.' http://strib.mn/2M1pduJ #Packers

I get somewhat interested when AR isn't happy - but not enough to use up one of my free clicks to the Strib sports page to read about it. I guess it's enough to know he's unhappy. (sad little creature I am, I know ....)
Post #: 748
RE: Other NFL News - 8/8/2018 10:39:59 AM   
David Levine

Moved.
Post #: 749
RE: Other NFL News - 8/8/2018 11:19:27 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Strib tweet:
Aaron Rodgers unhappy with some of his team's young wide receivers after Tuesday's practice, calls effort 'piss-poor.' http://strib.mn/2M1pduJ #Packers

I get somewhat interested when AR isn't happy - but not enough to use up one of my free clicks to the Strib sports page to read about it. I guess it's enough to know he's unhappy. (sad little creature I am, I know ....)

I have a Strib subscription and don't waste a click on Packer news......who cares about them.
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode