Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 4:09:16 PM   
odin

Matt Kalil is on IR.
Post #: 926
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 4:56:03 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

Matt Kalil is on IR.

Can he be brought back later or is he done for the year? I'm so glad we dumped him and signed Reiff.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 927
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 5:15:36 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

This one surprises me a little.
Giants waived QB Davis Webb.
New York tried to move Webb during cut-down day, but the Raiders decided to go with A.J. McCarron instead. That says a lot about Webb's standing in the league. Even so, his third round pedigree could get him some looks on waivers. New York is moving forward with fourth-round rookie Kyle Lauletta and Alex Tanney behind declining starter Eli Manning.
Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter
Sep 2 - 1:27 PM

Last regime benched Eli in favor of Webb..... Some thought he would take over in a year or two.

Certainly has to be better than Simion

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 928
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 5:16:50 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Matt Kalil is on IR.

Can he be brought back later or is he done for the year? I'm so glad we dumped him and signed Reiff.

There is the 6 week designated to return IR

Kalil is a bitter disappointment...

Post #: 929
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 5:31:07 PM   
odin

He might consider running his pizza business as his main occupation, as his football career seems to be going the way of Jake Long's.
Post #: 930
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 5:32:28 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

He might consider running his pizza business as his main occupation, as his football career seems to be going the way of Jake Long's.

The business part of his football career is going just fine. Isn't he making over 10 Million a year?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 931
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 9:57:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

The business part of his football career is going just fine. Isn't he making over 10 Million a year?

Sense of humor not working so good?
Post #: 932
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 10:05:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

They claimed two WRs, neither of which I recognize.

yep. I don't think either of those claims is a threat to Patterson.

I see Belichek/Brady actually utilizing Patterson like no one seems willing/capable of doing. Patterson seems tailor made for what they try to do with their WRs there. Seems like Belichek was happy to wait until CP was essentially free to him, and also about to mature as an NFL position player.
Post #: 933
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 11:22:42 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

I see Belichek/Brady actually utilizing Patterson like no one seems willing/capable of doing. Patterson seems tailor made for what they try to do with their WRs there. Seems like Belichek was happy to wait until CP was essentially free to him, and also about to mature as an NFL position player.

Patterson is undisciplined and doesn't run routes. Bill aint teaching him that in an offseason.

Its not an accident Bill got him for "free."

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 934
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 11:35:38 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sense of humor not working so good?

That was me continuing the joke.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 935
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 11:36:18 PM   
Todd M

CP with 10+ TD's this year.
Post #: 936
RE: Other NFL News - 9/2/2018 11:37:41 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

CP with 10+ TD's this year.

I have him in extremely deep 16 team fantasy leagues that award kick return yardage. He seems like a good pick for getting him in the very last rounds.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 937
RE: Other NFL News - 9/3/2018 1:48:42 AM   
DeLain

Aaron Rodgers: “I think it just gives me even more clout and respect in the locker room with the guys knowing I’m committed and the team is committed to me for a number of years now.”

What a Prima Donna ****. This is why he will never get it.
Post #: 938
RE: Other NFL News - 9/3/2018 7:33:55 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Patterson is undisciplined and doesn't run routes. Bill aint teaching him that in an offseason.

Brady really tends to lay into his receivers when they're not where they're suppose to be.

Should be an interesting watch.

Post #: 939
RE: Other NFL News - 9/3/2018 9:39:30 AM   
Todd M

Jet: This is a blessing in disguise.

He spelled bitter disappointment wrong.

Leaves to be an every down back. Will be a 0 down back.

There is no blessing in not being able to hold up for even one lousy game.
Post #: 940
RE: Other NFL News - 9/3/2018 10:18:55 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Jet: This is a blessing in disguise.

He spelled bitter disappointment wrong.

Leaves to be an every down back. Will be a 0 down back.

There is no blessing in not being able to hold up for even one lousy game.

I figured he’d make it 6 games or so before he went down.

Feel bad for the kid. He’s clearly a hard worker, but he’s just not built for durability.
Post #: 941
RE: Other NFL News - 9/3/2018 2:02:26 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Brady really tends to lay into his receivers when they're not where they're suppose to be.

Should be an interesting watch.

I think he'd be worth a try as a 3rd-down back or just as a moveable mismatch-creator. He is very impressive running out of the backfield and the pass patterns would be simpler. You'd have to respect the run a bit, even on 3rd and long.
Post #: 942
RE: Other NFL News - 9/3/2018 11:24:20 PM   
marty

Aaron Rodgers: “I think it just gives me even more clout and respect in the locker room with the guys knowing I’m committed and the team is committed to me for a number of years now.”

So we can assume he wasn't very committed before, and if he is struggling in the future, then he just needs more money ???
Post #: 943
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2018 7:00:16 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

So we can assume he wasn't very committed before, and if he is struggling in the future, then he just needs more money ???

More respect in the locker room ....

Post #: 944
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2018 9:53:27 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Maybe he is planning on "making it rain" in there.
Post #: 945
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2018 10:05:17 AM   
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Maybe he is planning on "making it rain" in there.

Why not, when you walk on water?
  Post #: 946
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2018 10:15:53 AM   
SoMnFan

Just a weird thing for him to say
Like you guys are alluding to, why would someone so universally considered the best in the game right now ... have to do anything additional to get respected?
As bad as they turned on Favre after he finally left town, cannot wait to hear all the Aaron talk when this ends badly as well.
Post #: 947
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2018 3:54:12 PM   
kgdabom

LeVeon Bell has no contract so he has every right to choose not to sign. However, if he intends to sign he is gaining nothing as he has to sign the franchise tender or not. He can't get one extra dime by holding out. Maybe he just prefers not going to practice.
Here is a reaction to his being absent from the guys who block for him.

Steelers LG Ramon Foster and C Maurkice Pouncey expressed frustration with Le'Veon Bell continuing his holdout on Wednesday.

"What do you do? Here’s a guy who doesn’t give a damn, so I guess we’ll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this," Foster said. "He’s making seven times what I make, twice as much as [LT] Al [Villanueva] is making and we’re the guys who do it for him." Pouncey added, "The business part...I get it. But not if it's game day. We have a game this Sunday, we're all the way into the game plan and you're still not here?" Players typically side with players on money, but not when it's costing the team potential wins with Bell not showing up. This is getting ugly for Bell.
Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter

Sep 5 - 3:58 PM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 948
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2018 7:40:50 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

LeVeon Bell has no contract so he has every right to choose not to sign. However, if he intends to sign he is gaining nothing as he has to sign the franchise tender or not. He can't get one extra dime by holding out. Maybe he just prefers not going to practice.
Here is a reaction to his being absent from the guys who block for him.

Steelers LG Ramon Foster and C Maurkice Pouncey expressed frustration with Le'Veon Bell continuing his holdout on Wednesday.

"What do you do? Here’s a guy who doesn’t give a damn, so I guess we’ll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this," Foster said. "He’s making seven times what I make, twice as much as [LT] Al [Villanueva] is making and we’re the guys who do it for him." Pouncey added, "The business part...I get it. But not if it's game day. We have a game this Sunday, we're all the way into the game plan and you're still not here?" Players typically side with players on money, but not when it's costing the team potential wins with Bell not showing up. This is getting ugly for Bell.
Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter

Sep 5 - 3:58 PM

Wow. You don't normally hear that from team mates. I could see it getting old though.

Post #: 949
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2018 11:00:18 PM   
kgdabom

I'm betting that Kendall Wright Joins the Patriots and has a good year.

Free agent WR Kendall Wright worked out for the Patriots on Wednesday.
RB Kenjon Barner, DB Quin Blanding, RB Matthew Dayes, WR Brandon Reilly, RB Aaron Ripkowski, LB Martrell Spaight and LB Anthony Winbush were also in attendance at Wednesday's workout. New England's pass-catching corps is unusually thin at the moment following the offseason departures of Brandin Cooks and Danny Amendola along with Julian Edelman's PED suspension. Wright has never lived up to his first-round billing but he can still be a useful slot target, as he proved last year when he led the Bears in receiving yards. Even if New England passes, Wright should find a new home soon.
Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter
Sep 5 - 5:50 PM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 950
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode