Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 8:46:53 AM   
kgdabom

Cousins will have two games to play against Khalil Mack this year.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears have "an agreement in place" to acquire DE Klalil Mack from the Raiders.
It's really happening. The two sides are still working out the particulars but according to Schefter, the Raiders are "now planning to send Mack to Chicago." The 49ers, Bills, Browns, Colts, Jets and Packers were also in on Mack. The former Defensive Player of the Year has been a holdout all summer and unlike the Rams, who eventually caved into Aaron Donald's lavish contract demands, the Raiders showed little interest in signing Mack long-term. It's another puzzling move by the new Jon Gruden regime in Oakland. Obviously this is a monumental get for the Bears, who featured a surprisingly stout defense under DC Vic Fangio last season. It's unclear what the Raiders will be getting in return, though their reported asking price was a pair of first-round picks.
Related: Bears

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 1 - 8:52 AM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 876
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 9:44:42 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears have "an agreement in place" to acquire DE Klalil Mack from the Raiders.
It's really happening. The two sides are still working out the particulars but according to Schefter, the Raiders are "now planning to send Mack to Chicago." The 49ers, Bills, Browns, Colts, Jets and Packers were also in on Mack. The former Defensive Player of the Year has been a holdout all summer and unlike the Rams, who eventually caved into Aaron Donald's lavish contract demands, the Raiders showed little interest in signing Mack long-term. It's another puzzling move by the new Jon Gruden regime in Oakland. Obviously this is a monumental get for the Bears, who featured a surprisingly stout defense under DC Vic Fangio last season. It's unclear what the Raiders will be getting in return, though their reported asking price was a pair of first-round picks.

I'm wondering how Erin is now feeling about being locked into this division for his "golden" years?
Post #: 877
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:01:08 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I'm wondering how Erin is now feeling about being locked into this division for his "golden" years?

I didn't think about that. Ole' aaron probably won't see the tail end of his contract. He'll quit before then! It's kind of funny listening to sports radio here. Everyone is convinced that the bears defense just got better than ours. One of the hosts said that the bears are going to have a 10 win season! Hope springs eternal, I guess.
Post #: 878
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:13:38 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

I didn't think about that. Ole' aaron probably won't see the tail end of his contract. He'll quit before then! It's kind of funny listening to sports radio here. Everyone is convinced that the bears defense just got better than ours. One of the hosts said that the bears are going to have a 10 win season! Hope springs eternal, I guess.

Still waiting to see what the compensation is. This is not a done deal yet unless more news has broken.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 879
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:15:51 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Still waiting to see what the compensation is. This is not a done deal yet unless more news has broken.

It's done. 2 first round picks.
Post #: 880
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:16:48 AM   
kgdabom

You know a team is getting desperate for OL Help when they are trading for Detroit Lions castoffs (Reiff was not a castoff).

The Panthers acquired OT Corey Robinson from the Lions in exchange for a seventh-round pick in 2020.
Robinson started eight games for the Lions over the past three seasons, grading poorly across the board at Pro Football Focus. He's still much needed depth for the Panthers, as left tackle Matt Kalil (knee scope) and right tackle Daryl Williams (knee, MCL) are still injured and questionable for the season opener versus Dallas. Taylor Moton will start on the opposite side of Robinson.
Related: Lions

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 1 - 10:46 AM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 881
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:17:23 AM   
joejitsu

That's a lot to give up for a team who has a lot of weak points and unanswered questions on offense. If mitch t. doesn't work out, they are in a lot of trouble.
Post #: 882
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:17:50 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

2019 and 2020? When was this news broke?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 883
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:19:53 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They reported it on wscr about 45 minutes ago. I think the two picks are what they gave up. There was no mention of any players or other compensation. And I think the picks are 2019 and 2020.
Post #: 884
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:23:54 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They reported it on wscr about 45 minutes ago. I think the two picks are what they gave up. There was no mention of any players or other compensation. And I think the picks are 2019 and 2020.

So far I can't find 2 first round picks confirmed on the internet.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 885
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:34:22 AM   
joejitsu

The funny thing is that the bears traded 2 firsts for cutler. I hope this deal works out as good as that one did for the bears.
Post #: 886
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:39:11 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

The funny thing is that the bears traded 2 firsts for cutler. I hope this deal works out as good as that one did for the bears.

LOL. There was a time people thought Cutler was a quite good QB.
Gruden is getting ripped mercilessly over trading Mack but 20 million per year in cap space to use in FA next year and two first round picks is a lot. I actually think the Raiders got the better of this deal.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 887
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 10:43:35 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

Gruden is getting ripped mercilessly over trading Mack but 20 million per year in cap space to use in FA next year and two first round picks is a lot. I actually think the Raiders got the better of this deal.

Me, too. They saved a lot of money, got younger with the picks, and gruden seemed to think that the raider defense was not very good even with mack. The talk here is that the bears are going to try to sign mack before the end of the weekend. I don't know if that will get done.
Post #: 888
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:04:28 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

Me, too. They saved a lot of money, got younger with the picks, and gruden seemed to think that the raider defense was not very good even with mack. The talk here is that the bears are going to try to sign mack before the end of the weekend. I don't know if that will get done.

Why in the world would they make this trade unless a deal was already worked out with him?!?
Makes no sense at all....
Post #: 889
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:09:01 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why in the world would they make this trade unless a deal was already worked out with him?!?

Mack has them over a HUGE barrel.
Post #: 890
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:11:10 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Bears have to have the extension agreed to already. If not Mack could just continue holding out.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 891
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:13:39 AM   
Ian Joseph

I dont see the Bears having to pay Mack as anything but a duh kind of thing. The only question will be if he gets more money than Aaron Donald.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 892
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:15:28 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Bears have to have the extension agreed to already. If not Mack could just continue holding out.

Exactly, they would have to have something worked out or it would make no sense at all.
Post #: 893
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:16:42 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

I dont see the Bears having to pay Mack as anything but a duh kind of thing. The only question will be if he gets more money than Aaron Donald.

I don't see making the deal though unless the Bears had an extension in hand.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 894
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:20:11 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

They can. I'm not sure they could negotiate with him before the trade.

But, how hard is it to negotiate a long term contract when a team trades for you knowing they have to (and want to)? I dont see the lack of a contract extension being an issue at all.

Believe.
Post #: 895
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:24:53 AM   
The Bears have quite a few needs.

Tying yourself to a huge/ non QB contract seems foolish to me, but what do I know.
  Post #: 896
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:28:04 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

The Bears have quite a few needs.

Tying yourself to a huge/ non QB contract seems foolish to me, but what do I know.

It's their first big contract player on that roster. In 2018, that isnt a thing at all.

They'll be better with Mack. Doesn't concern me as a Vikings fan though.

Believe.
Post #: 897
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:33:50 AM   
stfrank

Seems like the NFL is getting more and more like the NBA with a few very highly paid stars per team and a bunch of minimum wage guys to fill out the roster.
It works fine in the NBA where there are only 5 players on the court, but when it takes 22 guys to field a full team I'm not so sure how it's going to work out. Look how well it worked for Green Bay last season without Erin. In a game where one hit can end your season I just don't see that model is going to work out in the long run.....
Post #: 898
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:37:16 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

They can. I'm not sure they could negotiate with him before the trade.

But, how hard is it to negotiate a long term contract when a team trades for you knowing they have to (and want to)? I dont see the lack of a contract extension being an issue at all.

I don't know whether they can technically negotiate with him before the trade is completed, but they could do it through the Raiders. Contract negotiations are all about leverage and making the trade without having the extension done gives Mack incredible leverage.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 899
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2018 11:45:54 AM   
kgdabom

I found the exact statement that Rappoport made regarding the Mack trade.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Sources: The #Bears are giving 2 first-round picks to the #Raiders for star Khalil Mack. That may not be it, but that is the crux of the deal. A huge, huge deal.
6:07 AM - Sep 1, 2018

I don't believe the Bears own anybody else's first round pick so these would have to be their own. I'm sure the 19 pick is one of them. Will the other be the 20 pick or possibly later?

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/1/2018 11:47:39 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode