Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2018 7:31:48 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I have refrained from political commentary for awhile, now. I do think it is wonderful that sports can bring people together from different persuasions. There is so much dividing us, especially in the world of politics, but sports can bring us together with a common love for the games and a common longing for the thrill of victory. That's all I'll say, even though I'm interested in the current affairs as any of you. I would rather enjoy feeling closer to you.

Since about 2000, middle ground in politics has slowly went away. Pretty much gone now.

We all have the same goal as Viking fans.

We have devolved into a society that despises anybody with a different viewpoint. It is a sad state of affairs.

No. We despise the viewpoint. We're just dumbfounded that ANY person could have or maintain such a thought process and we react to them accordingly.

Right and half of America voted for Trump and the other half for Clinton so 100% of America despises each other. How about accepting the result and not hating those who voted different from you.

You should come from your Arizona position of privilege and see a different perspective of life, beyond what the news on television tells you. You have no idea what you're talking about, again.

The only thing more dense than your social awareness is your self awareness.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1176
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2018 8:22:38 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have refrained from political commentary for awhile, now. I do think it is wonderful that sports can bring people together from different persuasions. There is so much dividing us, especially in the world of politics, but sports can bring us together with a common love for the games and a common longing for the thrill of victory. That's all I'll say, even though I'm interested in the current affairs as any of you. I would rather enjoy feeling closer to you.

Since about 2000, middle ground in politics has slowly went away. Pretty much gone now.

We all have the same goal as Viking fans.

We have devolved into a society that despises anybody with a different viewpoint. It is a sad state of affairs.

No. We despise the viewpoint. We're just dumbfounded that ANY person could have or maintain such a thought process and we react to them accordingly.

Right and half of America voted for Trump and the other half for Clinton so 100% of America despises each other. How about accepting the result and not hating those who voted different from you.

You should come from your Arizona position of privilege and see a different perspective of life, beyond what the news on television tells you. You have no idea what you're talking about, again.

The only thing more dense than your social awareness is your self awareness.

Ian you think I have a position of privilege????
I grew up ridiculously poor. I have lived in north and south Minneapolis. I raised three kids either on food stamps or when an option working 80 hour weeks. I currently live in Flagstaff, AZ area which is a town known as Poverty with a View. Your awareness when it comes to me is as low as it can possibly be.
My statement you replied to wasn't meant to be taken literally in case you didn't notice. My statement was how sad our state of affairs is when we hate and name call those who don't hold our viewpoint. Saying I'm dense when I hold a masters degree and graduated first in my class is so offensive. I don't get into name calling and I respect you. You don't give me the same courtesy.
As for news on television I haven't intentionally watched the news since I was in my teens. I am currently 59.
As for social awareness I don't care whatsoever about posting things that others will agree with or like. I would rather be honest and let the chips fall where they may.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/8/2018 9:12:48 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1177
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2018 8:37:31 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What ever happened to "respectfully disagree"? I mean, we can be respectful even if we are dumbfounded.

Some things arent on the level of respectful disagreement. In those cases, we arent talking about tax cuts, public assistance, health care.

We are talking bigotry, discrimination, racism, other acts of hate. You cant respectfully disagree with that kind of stuff.

I see what you are saying. Definitely needs to be called out.

But, a lot of times, what I see though is if you don't agree with someone on things like tax cuts, public assistance or health care, somehow racism or some other 'ism' will come into play. It cheapens the real racism. Boy crying wolf type thing.

There is prevailing thought that socioeconomic challenges in many communities are not by accident and are systematically influenced by key law makers and enforcers as a form of covert, yet intentional racism or discrimination. I dont totally agree or disagree with that, but coming from a family that has roots and still resides in what many would consider "the ghetto," I see whatever is occurring continue to unfold everyday. When the liquor store count is up, but employment rate is down, something is wrong.

Now, how much of that is related to covert racism/discrimination and how much of it is based on the community not doing it's part is for great debate, one I am not looking to start in this thread. But, that's definitely where people believe where and how racism influences those topics.

Ian, not to put you on the spot or anything, but I love to hear what you have to say on these things, in part because I cannot possibly speak to them from my gut. In my early 20's, I had a couple buds in the service who, while respecting that I was 'aight' educated me to some of bigger white/black issues that as an 18 year old cracker from the midwest I was clueless to
Post #: 1178
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2018 8:44:42 PM   
Ian Joseph

I dont have all the answers nor is my perspective the ONLY perspective. I've just had a different life experience that flies in the face of alot of things discussed on this board, especially on this thread in the last few days. And I wouldnt even classify my experience as extreme.

But, I'd love to speak on some things, if asked. Just not in this thread. It's already gone way down the social equality path, partly due to my comments in response to some others.

Pose them elsewhere and then let's discuss.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1179
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2018 9:14:39 PM   
kgdabom

David Johnson signs a 13 million AAV extension.

Cardinals signed David Johnson to a three-year, $39 million extension.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 8 - 10:01 PM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1180
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2018 9:15:14 PM   
thebigo

Oh I almost forgot, Skol Vikings!!
Post #: 1181
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2018 10:15:15 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Oh I almost forgot, Skol Vikings!!

LOL wrong thread. This is the other NFL news. Of course a lot of what's being talked about hasn't been NFL news.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1182
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 7:34:34 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Even if someone is a racist, etc., anger and hatred does not work to change them. Of course they are pathetic, but perhaps we are all pathetic in some respect. I am pathetic in some respects. I really am.

How can we change people? Certainly setting a good example and offering insight and education would be helpful. Do we want other people to be angry and hateful? Karl Marx even said that violence was necessary to make the needed changes and he also said that religion was the opiate of the people. I don't buy that. You can call it wacky, but my religious faith says that that is the spirit of the anti-christ.

I certainly appreciate when others are respectful to me and when they are there is a better chance that I will listen to what they are saying. I realize that doesn't work for everyone, but someone has to act like a mature adult in a world that seems to be filled with grown up kids. True love and genuinely caring for others is the best chance to change the world. That's what I believe. Sorry that I guess I couldn't refrain from preaching again on a football thread. I'm probably making someone mad. I'll shut up now and get back to football.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1183
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 9:17:02 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Even if someone is a racist, etc., anger and hatred does not work to change them. Of course they are pathetic, but perhaps we are all pathetic in some respect. I am pathetic in some respects. I really am.

How can we change people? Certainly setting a good example and offering insight and education would be helpful. Do we want other people to be angry and hateful? Karl Marx even said that violence was necessary to make the needed changes and he also said that religion was the opiate of the people. I don't buy that. You can call it wacky, but my religious faith says that that is the spirit of the anti-christ.

I certainly appreciate when others are respectful to me and when they are there is a better chance that I will listen to what they are saying. I realize that doesn't work for everyone, but someone has to act like a mature adult in a world that seems to be filled with grown up kids. True love and genuinely caring for others is the best chance to change the world. That's what I believe. Sorry that I guess I couldn't refrain from preaching again on a football thread. I'm probably making someone mad. I'll shut up now and get back to football.

You didn't make me mad. As Todd Rundgren wrote in his great song "Light of the World Shine on me. Love is the Answer."

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1184
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 4:21:09 PM   
kgdabom

Adrian Peterson with his 100th rushing TD today. I'm happy for him. Hope he has a great season.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1185
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 4:49:22 PM   
kgdabom

With a minute and 35 seconds remaining in the half Case Keenum heading for a very big day.
C. Keenum
14-22, 227 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1186
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 8:59:19 PM   
thebigo

Now this guy I can get behind, as opposed to the grandstanding attention seeking Kaepernick..

That included Malcolm Jenkins of the Eagles, who raised his fist during the anthem last season but did not for the opener. During pregame warmups, he wore a shirt that read "Ca$h bail (equals) poverty trap."

Jenkins, a founder of the Players Coalition which was formed to tackle issues similar to those Kaepernick is concerned about, said he would like to move the focus away from the anthem.

"I think there's a huge need for us to turn the attention to not only the issues, but what players are actually doing in their communities to promote change," he said. "We're trying to move past the rhetoric of what's right or what's wrong in terms of the anthem, and really focus on the systematic issues that are plaguing our communities."

Not really about Kaepernichk
Post #: 1187
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 9:46:04 PM   
kgdabom

Bears on a 3rd and one go with a complicated play that ends up with them throwing a pass across the field to a receiver behind the line of scrimmage. He gets tackled right on the spot and the Bears punt. Stupid. Pukers have momentum and this could be Aaron's version of the MJ Flu game leading a dramatic comeback against all odds. Honestly I think the Bears hold on.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1188
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 9:55:18 PM   
kgdabom

Does Trubisky think he is Cam Newton?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1189
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 10:11:09 PM   
kgdabom

The Bears have Jordan Howard and a 3rd and 1. They run him it brings the clock down to 2 minutes whether he gets the first down or not. The Packers have no timeouts. So instead they pass for it and incomplete leaving the Packers with 2:39 after kicking the FG. Are the Bears trying to lose?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1190
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 10:11:50 PM   
marty

Pretty pathetic by Chicago, should just ran a run play, got the 1st down and ran out the clock.
Post #: 1191
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 10:14:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Pretty pathetic by Chicago, should just ran a run play, got the 1st down and ran out the clock.

That's all they had to do. Go for it on 4th down if you don't get it on 3rd.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1192
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 10:14:56 PM   
kgdabom

Come on Bears. March down the field for the FG and win this.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1193
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 10:17:35 PM   
marty

Actually, instead of kicking the FG, the Bears still could have tried a run play, to pick up the 1 yard.

Pick up the 1 yard, and they win the game. Kick a FG, and you go up by 6, and give Erin all kinds of time, well over 2 minutes.
Post #: 1194
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 10:18:26 PM   
marty

Didn't know you had put that, was thinking the same KGDABOM.
Post #: 1195
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 10:24:03 PM   
kgdabom

One of the most brain dead plays I have ever seen by Clay Matthews. Trubisky throwing a pass on fourth down and gets it off. Matthews takes two steps and hits him hard with one arm going to the head. The refs had no choice but to call it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1196
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2018 10:25:13 PM   
kgdabom

Trubisky is NOT a legit NFL QB.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1197
RE: Other NFL News - 9/10/2018 7:49:10 AM   
Lars

quote:

One of the most brain dead plays I have ever seen by Clay Matthews. Trubisky throwing a pass on fourth down and gets it off. Matthews takes two steps and hits him hard with one arm going to the head. The refs had no choice but to call it.

He is a dirty player, IMHO. I detest him.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 1198
RE: Other NFL News - 9/10/2018 9:53:43 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Hunter and the new guy at 3 technique were awesome.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/09/vikings-danielle-hunter-jimmy-garoppolo-was-getting-scared-of-us/amp/#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1199
RE: Other NFL News - 9/10/2018 9:54:47 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

Hunter and Richardson were awesome.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/09/vikings-danielle-hunter-jimmy-garoppolo-was-getting-scared-of-us/amp/#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode