Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 10:05:51 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

How many years has Eli Manning been over the hill?

He and Bradford should do the right thing and retire.
Post #: 1251
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 10:13:38 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Another RealGM find.

Le'Veon Bell Remains Leery About Heavy Workload
Sep 14, 2018 8:33 AM

Le'Veon Bell recently had a conversation with former NFL running back Maurice Jones-Drew and expressed his concerns about being overused in what will almost certainly be his final season with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"[Bell] was happy for James Conner after that performance but that performance justifies why he's not there right now," Jones-Drew said on the Dave Dameshek Football Program. "If you're going to give James Conner 31 carries, imagine how many you'd give to Le'Veon Bell?"
Bell also told Jones-Drew that there's nothing personal about what he views as a business decision to stay away from the team.
"[Bell] said to me, 'People think that I don't like Pittsburgh, I don't like James Conner, I don't like these guys,'" Jones-Drew said. "He was like, 'Yes, I was disappointed they went out and spoke about my contract,' understandably so. He was like, 'But I still want them to do well, they're still guys that I work with and guys that I've put in this extra work with — blood, sweat and tears like I still want them to do well.'"
Mike Florio/Pro Football Talk

99% of all NFL RBs want more workload not less. To me Bell doesn't love Football and it is just a business to him.

Reminds me of Robert Smith.

Robert Smith chose to retire while he still had his health. To me very much better than Bell's attititude.

It's EXACTLY the same.

I very much disagree despite your bold and caps. Robert Smith chose to retire. He decided to forego his future earnings as an NFL player. Smith never requested the Vikings run him less. Bell is whining about how much he is used while turning down massive pay trying for more pay. If those are exactly the same I guess I'm just not as enlightened as you bigo.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1252
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 10:15:13 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I think the Packers secondary when King is in there is very good.

The Vikes had a tougher assignment playing the Packers on the road, while Keenum had the Raiders at home.

I am happy for Case (picked Denver to win their division, but it could end up being KC), but feel the Vikes got a more talented QB in Cousins, hopefully it means more wins and a SB victory for the Vikes.

I agree with you on all counts except for Packers secondary being very good with King. They are better with King, but still not very good.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/16/2018 10:16:31 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1253
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 10:18:07 PM   
marty

Fair enough, probably should edit out the 'very'.
Post #: 1254
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 10:19:17 PM   
marty

Cleveland, so bad, they couldn't even end their long losing streak by winning.
Post #: 1255
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 10:21:47 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Then I might agree with you. The two rookies I believe will be quite good. The Vikings should move Hughes ahead of Alexander yesterday. No question he was the weak link.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1256
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 10:22:23 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Cleveland, so bad, they couldn't even end their long losing streak by winning.

A missed XP. Would have been a huge win.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1257
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 11:26:58 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Another RealGM find.

Le'Veon Bell recently had a conversation with former NFL running back Maurice Jones-Drew and expressed his concerns about being overused in what will almost certainly be his final season with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"[Bell] was happy for James Conner after that performance but that performance justifies why he's not there right now," Jones-Drew said on the Dave Dameshek Football Program. "If you're going to give James Conner 31 carries, imagine how many you'd give to Le'Veon Bell?"
Bell also told Jones-Drew that there's nothing personal about what he views as a business decision to stay away from the team.
"[Bell] said to me, 'People think that I don't like Pittsburgh, I don't like James Conner, I don't like these guys,'" Jones-Drew said. "He was like, 'Yes, I was disappointed they went out and spoke about my contract,' understandably so. He was like, 'But I still want them to do well, they're still guys that I work with and guys that I've put in this extra work with — blood, sweat and tears like I still want them to do well.'"

99% of all NFL RBs want more workload not less. To me Bell doesn't love Football and it is just a business to him.

Robert Smith chose to retire while he still had his health. To me very much better than Bell's attititude.

It's EXACTLY the same.

I very much disagree despite your bold and caps. Robert Smith chose to retire. He decided to forego his future earnings as an NFL player. Smith never requested the Vikings run him less. Bell is whining about how much he is used while turning down massive pay trying for more pay. If those are exactly the same I guess I'm just not as enlightened as you bigo.

No, you're just a little more obtuse.
Post #: 1258
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 12:24:46 AM   
marty

Kgadabom, I was referring to the tie Cleveland earned last week.
Post #: 1259
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 12:27:39 AM   
marty

Hopefully O'Neill plays really well, or Hill stays injured so O'Neil or Remmers can man the RT spot.

I don't hope for Waynes to get hurt, but would like to see Hughes take his place, and then have Wayne's play nickel or dime.
Post #: 1260
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 5:17:48 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Bills DB Vontae Davis retires at halftime.

LOL. Never heard of a guy announcing his retirement in the middle of a game.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1261
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 5:19:49 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

Another RealGM find.

Plus, Denny said in a presser that Smith was deserving a big contract prior to his retirement announcement.

Post #: 1262
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 5:24:49 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Then I might agree with you. The two rookies I believe will be quite good. The Vikings should move Hughes ahead of Alexander yesterday. No question he was the weak link.

Alexander played ok is some spots but at least a couple times he just let Graham go resulting in a huge play.

Post #: 1263
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 7:16:43 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

They chose a running back with the second pick overall so that they could win now, but they start the season 0-2. I guess the new coach thought that he could do for Manning what he did for Keenum. So far not working, but they did have two difficult games to begin their season.

So did the Vikings with a home game vs the Niners (I don't think they are a bad team) and a road game vs the Packers. I do believe that the outcome would have been different if Rodgers had been healthy. It's kind of sobering for me, because my favorite team is not quite as good as I had hoped that they would be- but then some teams start slow and save their best football for the end of the season. Because we have really good depth throughout the lineup and because they are going to do more rotations this year, their is reason to believe that can be the case. Our new quarterback is still getting used to his new receivers and our offensive line should be fortified with the return of Elflein. Of course we have to fix the kicker situation. I'm not saying that we cut him- just it has to be fixed. Next week is vs the Bills (a guaranteed W) so I would give him one more week. Well, to be honest with you, I don't really know if that's right. If they have a good option for kickoffs with our punter, then maybe it's time to bring in another kicker. I really don't know, but I'm not with the kickers everyday in practice so I don't see what happens there. Still, having the mental toughness to play in the live games when the game is on the line- that's what we need.

Treadwell did score a touchdown, but I would sit him down this week. I thought catching the ball was his strength coming out of the draft. It just shows what I know. I don't know squat. I feel like an idiot wanting him and then being so happy when we actually got him. Yikes. Mental toughness. Some players have it- some don't.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1264
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 8:08:45 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Another RealGM find.

It's EXACTLY the same.

Nice name calling bigo. Did I not point out some very specific differences? You used the term EXACTLY the same in caps and bold. Prove how my differences really aren't differences.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1265
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 8:10:47 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Alexander played ok is some spots but at least a couple times he just let Graham go resulting in a huge play.

Alexander is OK. I have nothing against him. Hughes is better as far as I can tell, but I admit I have limited evidence.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1266
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 8:17:46 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

They chose a running back with the second pick overall so that they could win now, but they start the season 0-2. I guess the new coach thought that he could do for Manning what he did for Keenum. So far not working, but they did have two difficult games to begin their season.

So did the Vikings with a home game vs the Niners (I don't think they are a bad team) and a road game vs the Packers. I do believe that the outcome would have been different if Rodgers had been healthy. It's kind of sobering for me, because my favorite team is not quite as good as I had hoped that they would be- but then some teams start slow and save their best football for the end of the season. Because we have really good depth throughout the lineup and because they are going to do more rotations this year, their is reason to believe that can be the case. Our new quarterback is still getting used to his new receivers and our offensive line should be fortified with the return of Elflein. Of course we have to fix the kicker situation. I'm not saying that we cut him- just it has to be fixed. Next week is vs the Bills (a guaranteed W) so I would give him one more week. Well, to be honest with you, I don't really know if that's right. If they have a good option for kickoffs with our punter, then maybe it's time to bring in another kicker. I really don't know, but I'm not with the kickers everyday in practice so I don't see what happens there. Still, having the mental toughness to play in the live games when the game is on the line- that's what we need.

Treadwell did score a touchdown, but I would sit him down this week. I thought catching the ball was his strength coming out of the draft. It just shows what I know. I don't know squat. I feel like an idiot wanting him and then being so happy when we actually got him. Yikes. Mental toughness. Some players have it- some don't.

Our new QB got used to his receivers to the tune of 420 yards and 4 TDs. If they need more time to gel just imagine how good it could be. I think we play that game 10 times with Rodgers healthy we win 7 or more of them. We had some unusual things go against us such as missing 3 FGs and giving up the blocked punt TD.
I say feel good about your favorite team Bruce.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1267
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 9:50:52 AM   
marty

What is the over under/under on Bills' players retiring at halftime next week ?
Post #: 1268
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 1:50:30 PM   
Toby Stumbo

I'll take bets with 3 being the line.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1269
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 2:49:52 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Patrick Mahomes seems to be the real deal. 10 TD's and 0 Interceptions.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1270
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 2:55:34 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

So of former Twin Pat Mahomes.

Good for that kid.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1271
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 2:58:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

So of former Twin Pat Mahomes.

Good for that kid.

No kidding! I didn't know that.

Post #: 1272
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 5:06:31 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Another RealGM find.

It's EXACTLY the same.

Nice name calling bigo. Did I not point out some very specific differences? You used the term EXACTLY the same in caps and bold. Prove how my differences really aren't differences.

No name calling. Just mentioned a trait.
Post #: 1273
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 5:15:26 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Another RealGM find.

It's EXACTLY the same.

No name calling. Just mentioned a trait.

What a load of BS. If I call you stupid I'm calling you a name even if you do have that trait. If I call you a coward I'm calling you a name even if you do have that trait. If you call me obtuse you are calling me a name even if I have that trait. Aren't you better than this? It seems like you aren't. I proved my point which you could have just acknowledged instead you try to defend your statements which were indefensible.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/17/2018 5:17:18 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1274
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2018 5:31:47 PM   
Todd M

KG, you gotta walk it back on this stuff a little bit (amount may vary by preference)

You missed O's sarcasm and have spun around arguing about it branching off this way and that.

You got called obtuse, you are one of the most obtuse posters on the board, get over it. And again, your argument over 'exactly' didn't even have a starting point yet on and on you go.

Do the right thing here...don't even bother replying to this post...move on. Try to suck less in a way that drives everyone, including me and we've been fairly friendly, ****ing nuts.
Post #: 1275
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode