Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 7/29/2020 9:26:05 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

46 year-old Terrell Owens looks like he could still play in the NFL.

Just ran a ~4.4 and looks to be carved out of granite:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-star-tyreek-hill-raced-46-year-old-terrell-owens-in-a-40-yard-dash-and-it-was-surprisingly-close/

Owens was about 3 yards back of Hill, which puts his time at more like 4.7.

The difference between 4.37 and 4.42 in a 40 is about 1/2 yard.
Post #: 1626
RE: Other NFL News - 8/6/2020 3:59:16 PM   
kgdabom

One hour past the deadline and very quiet on the opt out front.
My understanding is that the deadline was a soft deadline with many potential exceptions allowing players to opt out later.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1627
RE: Other NFL News - 8/14/2020 11:20:19 PM   
marty

I am predicting they will go with the Washington Warriors.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1628
RE: Other NFL News - 8/15/2020 12:30:57 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I am predicting they will go with the Washington Warriors.

People could construe that as a Native American name.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1629
RE: Other NFL News - 8/19/2020 4:13:03 PM   
kgdabom

JOSH ALLEN
QB, BUFFALO BILLS

Bills QB Josh Allen struggled during Tuesday's practice, often staring down his receivers and having multiple passes broken up or intercepted.
Allen wasn't "on the same page" with his wideouts, holding "onto the ball in the pocket, hoping for the expected routes to come open," according to The Athletic. Allen twice felt pressure and threw passes over the middle that were "nowhere close" to John Brown. It's a very different account than Cole Beasley saying this week that Allen was "throwing guys open." Allen's inaccuracy and erratic play don't really matter for fantasy purposes as long as he continues to flee to the pocket and pile up rushing yards and touchdowns.

SOURCE: The Athletic
Aug 19, 2020, 11:30 AM ET

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1630
RE: Other NFL News - 8/19/2020 4:23:23 PM   
Bill Jandro

how many games before Diggs takes to twitter?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1631
RE: Other NFL News - 8/19/2020 5:51:23 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Remember when he was a rookie and everyone commented about his positive presence and diplomacy in front of the cameras?
Post #: 1632
RE: Other NFL News - 8/19/2020 6:51:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Remember when he was a rookie and everyone commented about his positive presence and diplomacy in front of the cameras?

I will give this to Diggs: he is bright and articulate. He has a bit of impatience that comes from wanting to be great. You can say that's a character flaw and I wouldn't disagree. It's true that he got a little bit out of character, but I will give him some benefit of the doubt and say he is intensely driven. Some of the best wide receivers are like that.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1633
RE: Other NFL News - 8/19/2020 6:58:34 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

I will give this to Diggs: he is bright and articulate. He has a bit of impatience that comes from wanting to be great. You can say that's a character flaw and I wouldn't disagree. It's true that he got a little bit out of character, but I will give him some benefit of the doubt and say he is intensely driven. Some of the best wide receivers are like that.

I always thought that Diggs was the biggest showboater/celebrator of all the WRs in the NFL. I didn't care, because his play backed him up.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1634
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2020 5:35:54 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Diggs was an attention whore here, and didn't care if the team was flagged 15 yards for his antics. He's in proverbial Siberia now, so has his work cut out for him but he WILL find a way to get attention.

He is battling to be in the new group of WRs actually working to be a major distraction and general pain in the ass. To aid his cause, he has his brother's tweets!
Post #: 1635
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2020 9:17:37 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Diggs was an attention whore here, and didn't care if the team was flagged 15 yards for his antics. He's in proverbial Siberia now, so has his work cut out for him but he WILL find a way to get attention.

He is battling to be in the new group of WRs actually working to be a major distraction and general pain in the ass. To aid his cause, he has his brother's tweets!

Examine the avatar to the immediate left of Bill’s post

I’d put up with talent.

It’s a game, not the no fun league.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 8/20/2020 10:50:27 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1636
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2020 9:51:38 PM   
Ricky J

So what was Diggs' problem? Not the #1 guy here?
Post #: 1637
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2020 11:01:57 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Percy prima freakin donna Harvin.
Randy straight cash homie Moss.
Stephan are you not entertained Diggs.
Adrian purple Jesus beats his kid Peterson.
Everson bipolar Griffin.

We didn’t start the fire.

CTE.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1638
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2020 11:55:39 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Percy prima freakin donna Harvin.
Randy straight cash homie Moss.
Stephan are you not entertained Diggs.
Adrian purple Jesus beats his kid Peterson.
Everson bipolar Griffin.

We didn’t start the fire.

CTE.

Don't forget Smoot and McKinnie's love boat or Favre texting dic pics to the trainer.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1639
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 12:03:59 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

S D.

Wrong answer

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 8/21/2020 12:08:30 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1640
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 5:29:22 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

With age and injury to Theilen it appeared Diggs had already wrestled that mantle away from Theilen.

Not sure what his beef really was. But I don't think it is going to take long for him to regret this after watching Josh Allen throw his targets into another zip code.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1641
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 9:19:42 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

With age and injury to Theilen it appeared Diggs had already wrestled that mantle away from Theilen.

Not sure what his beef really was. But I don't think it is going to take long for him to regret this after watching Josh Allen throw his targets into another zip code.

I'm not sure I agree, or Diggs did, either. At least the perception of it anyway. Did it make it all that much worse for Diggs that Theilen was white and a Minnesota boy? I ain't gonna lie, it has that feel about it
Post #: 1642
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 10:00:17 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure I agree, or Diggs did, either. At least the perception of it anyway. Did it make it all that much worse for Diggs that Theilen was white and a Minnesota boy? I ain't gonna lie, it has that feel about it

Let's face it, despite the Minneapolis Miracle, Thielen was more beloved hereabouts.
Post #: 1643
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 10:19:52 AM   
David F.

quote:

Proverbial Siberia went 10-6 last season just the same as the Vikes. Now they don't have Brady in their division.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1644
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 10:59:58 AM   
Mark Anderson

If we didn't get the haul we got(Jefferson ++) Diggs would be a huge loss. He made alot of big plays for us.

Diggs will miss the indoor games come November and December. AFC East is probably the worst weather division in all the NFL.
Post #: 1645
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 12:08:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Proverbial Siberia went 10-6 last season just the same as the Vikes. Now they don't have Brady in their division.

They are still.... Buffalo. Small market often covered by blizzards.
Post #: 1646
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 12:09:14 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Diggs doesn't give a rat's ass about his teams record, at best it's secondary to his stats/glory.
Post #: 1647
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 12:10:22 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Those games would be fun to watch. "The DB falls down, Diggs wide open deep... overthrown by 5 yards!" <meltdown>

< Message edited by thebigo -- 8/21/2020 12:13:13 PM >
Post #: 1648
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 12:11:44 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

And/or that when Diggs was out, Theilen was shut down? That was tweeted by the brother (?) in no uncertain terms.
Post #: 1649
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2020 12:12:36 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Those games would be fun to watch.

They would if a Buffalo game was ever nationally televised.
Post #: 1650
Page:   <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode