Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 8/28/2020 2:00:44 PM  1 votes
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

All the protesters over the Jacob Blake shooting should watch this video.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/26/brandon_tatum_jacob_blake_police_shooting_was_justified.html

How about protesting Black on Black crime. IMO it would do a lot more good.

What the fukk is wrong with you?

It should be obvious by now.

It's obvious that something is dramatically wrong with him, true. We just don't know what, other than a pathological need for attention; maybe that's it.
Post #: 1676
RE: Other NFL News - 8/28/2020 5:48:38 PM  3 votes
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/26/brandon_tatum_jacob_blake_police_shooting_was_justified.html

Absolutely nothing and I stand behind this statement 1000%. Protesting Black on Black crime would do a hell of a lot more good than protesting police brutality. However, nobody does protest it. People need to speak up against the far bigger problems in our society rather than make it out like we have some huge racial problems which are less than they ever have been. What's wrong with you Bohumm if you don't care about Black on Black crime and only care about the comparatively tiny problem of police brutality. You don't give a shit about the real problems.
The police were following protocol with Jacob Black. Had nothing to do with the color of his skin. He had many criminal charges against him including weapons charges and a standing order for his arrest. He did not comply with lawful instructons given by the police. If they hesitated he could have turned around with a gun and shot them. It's tragic he got shot, but he brought it on himself. When police give you instructions comply. I bet you didn't watch the video I shared before acting like something was wrong with me. You just enjoy acting like I'm the bad guy and something is wrong with me. You don't care about the truth it would get in your way of being an SJW. You are just a hateful person.

Here's video of a Flagstaff AZ police officer where I live getting killed because he hesitated and didn't protect his own safety aggressively enough. Skip to the last 30 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3VubTgDlVM&t=105s
I bet you won't watch either video because you don't care about the truth. Blue lives matter just as much as Black Lives.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/28/2020 6:35:48 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1677
RE: Other NFL News - 8/28/2020 6:08:50 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's obvious that something is dramatically wrong with him, true. We just don't know what, other than a pathological need for attention; maybe that's it.

Well we know that.
Post #: 1678
RE: Other NFL News - 8/28/2020 6:10:26 PM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well we know that.

You're the same as Bohumm. You don't care about the truth at all. Flagstaff officer getting murdered doesn't bother you. You just care about a thug getting shot when he wouldn't comply with lawful police instructions. If you want change how about fighting for change that will really make a difference.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/28/2020 6:12:55 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1679
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2020 11:11:35 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well we know that.

You're the same as Bohumm. You don't care about the truth at all. Flagstaff officer getting murdered doesn't bother you. You just care about a thug getting shot when he wouldn't comply with lawful police instructions. If you want change how about fighting for change that will really make a difference.

Settle down ewen.
Post #: 1680
RE: Other NFL News - 9/1/2020 3:36:12 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm told the Saints are open to trading RB Alvin Kamara, per source.

Josina Anderson on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1681
RE: Other NFL News - 9/3/2020 5:41:38 PM   
Bruce Johnson

PFF has Fournette as one of the worst pass protecting RBs in the NFL despite ample opportunity to do so. I'm through two games of his in pass protection, and it is ugly.

Fournette is big and physical, so I'm not saying there isn't upside to him as a pass protector. But that's all outside coaches are likely going off of when they say this kind of stuff. His tape is markedly not good in pass pro.

(Jon Ledyard on Twitter)

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 9/3/2020 5:42:54 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1682
RE: Other NFL News - 9/3/2020 5:55:42 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

PFF has Fournette as one of the worst pass protecting RBs in the NFL despite ample opportunity to do so. I'm through two games of his in pass protection, and it is ugly.

Fournette is big and physical, so I'm not saying there isn't upside to him as a pass protector. But that's all outside coaches are likely going off of when they say this kind of stuff. His tape is markedly not good in pass pro.

(Jon Ledyard on Twitter)

For better or worse Fournette will be playing with Brady and Gronk this year. Jacksonville cutting Fournette was made IMO not to help them be a better football team. It was made because he's a bit of a pain in the ass and to help them tank for Trevor and lose for Lawrence.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1683
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 4:16:27 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

(Jon Ledyard on Twitter)

For better or worse Fournette will be playing with Brady and Gronk this year. Jacksonville cutting Fournette was made IMO not to help them be a better football team. It was made because he's a bit of a pain in the ass and to help them tank for Trevor and lose for Lawrence.

He's kind of a poor man's Adrian Peterson.

Post #: 1684
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 7:08:06 AM   
joejitsu

PFT is reporting that Washington intends to release Adrian Peterson. I didn't see that one coming.
Post #: 1685
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 7:40:11 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

PFT is reporting that Washington intends to release Adrian Peterson. I didn't see that one coming.

Most overrated player in NFL history.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1686
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 10:07:07 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Gone from their lead running back to being cut. WOW!!
I guess they just decided to accept they're going to suck this year either way and decided to kick start the future.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1687
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 10:36:40 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

I guess they just decided to accept they're going to suck this year either way and decided to kick start the future.

Peyton Barber, Antonio Gibson and Bryce Love. Three guys that, in addition to running, can block and catch. IMO, it was a football move.

Post #: 1688
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 2:16:20 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

Peyton Barber, Antonio Gibson and Bryce Love. Three guys that, in addition to running, can block and catch. IMO, it was a football move.

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1689
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 5:18:21 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

Not a football move at all. Peterson was the best early down RB on their team. I expect you will say all he can do is run not block or catch or whatever. You don't need to bother I said it for you.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1690
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 6:04:13 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

Not a football move at all. Peterson was the best early down RB on their team. I expect you will say all he can do is run not block or catch or whatever. You don't need to bother I said it for you.

Love slipped in the draft due to injury. Obviously he is ready for the lions share of the carry's so AD was the odd man out. Gibson (a guy I wanted us to pick) will also be in the mix. He's a real good receiver.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1691
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 6:28:21 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

You don't have to listen to me, just look at history. He's No. 5 all-time in rushing yardage. He's No. 19 all time in total yardage. Translation, he's never been an effective receiver. He's only had about 2,700 receiving yards in his entire career. Marshall Faulk had that in three years during the middle of his career.

Post #: 1692
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 7:03:15 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

Love slipped in the draft due to injury. Obviously he is ready for the lions share of the carry's so AD was the odd man out. Gibson (a guy I wanted us to pick) will also be in the mix. He's a real good receiver.

Word was Love was possibly going to be cut. Peterson was outperforming him in camp. They decided to keep youth over experience.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1693
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 7:27:00 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

Word was Love was possibly going to be cut. Peterson was outperforming him in camp. They decided to keep youth over experience.

Peyton Barber is listed at the top of a lot of depth charts right.

Post #: 1694
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 8:25:09 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

You don't have to listen to me, just look at history. He's No. 5 all-time in rushing yardage. He's No. 19 all time in total yardage. Translation, he's never been an effective receiver. He's only had about 2,700 receiving yards in his entire career. Marshall Faulk had that in three years during the middle of his career.

19th in all time total yards. Yep, sounds over rated to me. What a slacker.
Post #: 1695
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 8:28:23 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

Totally overrated. Great home run hitter. In this era a running back has to do more than hit an occasional home run. Lets not forget, he's also played longer than most of the folks on that list.

Post #: 1696
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 8:57:28 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

Totally overrated. Great home run hitter. In this era a running back has to do more than hit an occasional home run. Lets not forget, he's also played longer than most of the folks on that list.

19th in all time total yards. Not over rated by any intelligent persons reasoning.
Post #: 1697
RE: Other NFL News - 9/4/2020 10:11:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

so ... what you're saying is, he is the most over-rated of all the all-time great RBs ... because all he could do is run ...
Post #: 1698
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 1:05:43 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

so ... what you're saying is, he is the most over-rated of all the all-time great RBs ... because all he could do is run ...

Precisely what I am saying. Nobody would deny that Peterson was a great home run hitter and had tremendous rushing skills. However, when you look at what a great running back is in 2010-2020, IMO, a great running back has receiving skills, can block and doesn't fumble during the most inopportune times.

Remember back to the New Orleans fiasco in the NFC title game when Peterson wasn't even on the field down the stretch of the game because he kept putting the ball on the rug. How many great players would be left off the field in potentially the biggest drive of their career. The bottom line is, the coaching staff did not trust him.

The guy played a long time. He had a lot of great moments. He sold a lot of jerseys. He won a lot of fantasy football championships. But I get the feeling that some in here think he was one of the greatest running backs of all time. I can think of 25-30 guys I would have rather have had, maybe more. People have put him a pedestal he doesn't deserve.

If you consider what goes into a running back, it is more than just running the ball. In this era, you have to be able to run, catch, pick up a blitz and not turn the ball over. He grades out as 1-for-4 in those categories. Is that a great player? If so, perhaps I need to rethink my definition of great.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/5/2020 1:10:07 AM >

Post #: 1699
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 1:12:21 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

An aging one trick pony.

I agree. football move.

19th in all time total yards. Not over rated by any intelligent persons reasoning.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1700
Page:   <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode