Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  67 68 [69] 70 71   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 1:14:03 AM   
kgdabom

JOSH ROSEN
QB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Dolphins waived QB Josh Rosen.
The Dolphins shopped Rosen but didn't find any takers. Rosen wasn't needed in Miami behind Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tua Tagovailoa. His release is a vote of confidence in Tua's health. The Bills are among the potential Rosen landing spots. Rosen is looking to restart his career with his third team in as many seasons.

A recent first round draft pick QB has been cut. Is he better or does he have more potential than Mannion, Browning or Stanley? If so we should sign him or pick up his option or something like that.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1701
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 1:16:27 AM   
David F.

AD is a big-moment choker. In five playoff games he averaged 3.6 yards-per-carry, got credited with 3 fumbles (although the one on the goal line in the 2009 NFCCG was arguably his also), and caught all of six passes for 54 yards.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1702
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 1:19:55 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

AD is a big-moment choker. In five playoff games he averaged 3.6 yards-per-carry, got credited with 3 fumbles (although the one on the goal line in the 2009 NFCCG was arguably his also), and caught all of six passes for 54 yards.

Exactly. Great players make great plays at great times. He did not do that.........EVER!

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1703
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 1:27:56 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

In the New Orleans game that should have taken us to the Super Bowl he had 130+ rushing yards 3Tds and 2 fumbles which were both recovered. So when you start talking about fumbles you should mention that our team didn't lose possession of the ball on those fumbles. One of those recoveries was a spectacular play by Peterson himself erasing his miscue. If you credit the one that wasn't credited to him he did lose one fumble. I'll take the 130+ yards and three TDs. Good trade. I believe that was the only season that Peterson played in a game to go to the Super Bowl. His Biggest Moment was the moment he shined the brightest. Your argument of him being a big-moment choker exposed for what it is. A load of crap.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1704
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 1:32:36 AM   
kgdabom

Rosen was selected 10th overall in the draft. If I'm reading this spotrac correctly any team that wants to claim Rosen will pick up his $3.7 million salary for this season, but I could be wrong about that. Once he clears waivers he's fair game for anybody that wants to sign him for whatever he's willing to sign for. Should we be interested either way?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/josh-rosen-25105/

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/5/2020 6:50:58 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1705
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 3:36:56 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

In the New Orleans game that should have taken us to the Super Bowl he had 130+ rushing yards 3Tds and 2 fumbles which were both recovered. So when you start talking about fumbles you should mention that our team didn't lose possession of the ball on those fumbles. One of those recoveries was a spectacular play by Peterson himself erasing his miscue. If you credit the one that wasn't credited to him he did lose one fumble. I'll take the 130+ yards and three TDs. Good trade. I believe that was the only season that Peterson played in a game to go to the Super Bowl. His Biggest Moment was the moment he shined the brightest. Your argument of him being a big-moment choker exposed for what it is. A load of crap.

I he doesn't fumble inside the Saint's 10-yard line at the end of the half we win that game. Same can be said for his fumble vs Seattle in 2015.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1706
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 6:37:24 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I he doesn't fumble inside the Saint's 10-yard line at the end of the half we win that game. Same can be said for his fumble vs Seattle in 2015.

And if he doesn't gain 130+ yards and score three TDs we lose that game. There were 5 TOs in that game. Peterson at WORST was responsible for one of them. Officially he was responsible for zero of them. You are nothing but a hater. If Favre doesn't throw the INT at the end we win that game. Peterson was probably the biggest reason we should have won that game and the least of the reasons we lost. You are so blinded by HATE it is ridiculous.

The Seattle game
Yeah Peterson was the reason we lost. Had nothing to do with a kicker missing a FG shorter than an extra point.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/5/2020 6:38:37 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1707
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 6:52:17 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And if he doesn't gain 130+ yards and score three TDs we lose that game. There were 5 TOs in that game. Peterson at WORST was responsible for one of them. Officially he was responsible for zero of them. You are nothing but a hater. If Favre doesn't throw the INT at the end we win that game. Peterson was probably the biggest reason we should have won that game and the least of the reasons we lost. You are so blinded by HATE it is ridiculous.

The Seattle game
Yeah Peterson was the reason we lost. Had nothing to do with a kicker missing a FG shorter than an extra point.

I would never say he wasn't great at running the ball. I'm saying he had a habit of making big mistakes in big moments.

Post #: 1708
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 6:58:44 AM  1 votes
kgdabom

Aaron Rodgers political ad on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RVG_XA42fM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1709
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 8:55:59 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Rosen was selected 10th overall in the draft. If I'm reading this spotrac correctly any team that wants to claim Rosen will pick up his $3.7 million salary for this season, but I could be wrong about that. Once he clears waivers he's fair game for anybody that wants to sign him for whatever he's willing to sign for. Should we be interested either way?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/josh-rosen-25105/

No. Rosen was a guy that had issues coming out of college. A smart guy, but there were a lot of questions as to whether or not he even liked the game of football. That's not a guy I want on my team. I can criticize Cousins until I'm blue in the face, but Cousins at least likes the game. Rosen appears to be a guy going through the motions for a paycheck. Just my opinion.

Post #: 1710
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 9:06:50 AM   
Bill Jandro

When a 10th overall pick has been on 3 teams in as many years that's a huge red flag right there. Usually that high of a pick gets a lot of rope. With him teams can't get rid of him fast enough.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1711
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 10:16:48 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

When a 10th overall pick has been on 3 teams in as many years that's a huge red flag right there. Usually that high of a pick gets a lot of rope. With him teams can't get rid of him fast enough.

It's possible that he sucks and there is no hope for him. It's possible he got cut because he cost too much and he was behind a proven vet and a top five drafted rookie QB. I think either is possible. I'll put you in the he just sucks camp. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he turns out better than Mannion, Browning and Stanley. Not a very high bar set to be the Vikings backup QB.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1712
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 10:17:54 AM   
kgdabom

Trevor Siemien cut today. Is he possibly an upgrade from Mannion, Brown, and Stanley?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1713
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 4:14:26 PM   
joejitsu

Does anyone know who the biggest dt who got cut is? We need a space eater in the middle of our defensive line. Badly.
Post #: 1714
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 4:46:50 PM   
Bill Jandro

Snacks is still out there.

Another one but his name escapes me former DT played for Buffalo

Post #: 1715
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 6:22:34 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Jadeveon Clowney is expected to sign with the Tennessee Titans sources tell ESPN. He rejoins Mike Vrabel who was on the Texans defensive staff for Clowney’s first 3 years in the league in Houston. The Saints, the other main suitor, made a very strong case. This was a close one.

(Dianna Russini on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1716
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 7:12:03 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Snacks is still out there.

Another one but his name escapes me former DT played for Buffalo

We should have signed him a month ago. How long do we think it will take for him to get in football shape and learn our defense?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1717
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2020 7:38:51 PM   
kgdabom

JADEVEON CLOWNEY
DL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Free agent Jadeveon Clowney tells Josina Anderson he has yet to make a decision on his new team.
It appeared that the Titans had won the newfound Clowney sweepstakes with a one-year, $12 million deal, but Clowney is evidently relishing in a bidding war between Tennessee and New Orleans after months of his market being at a standstill. The Titans still appear to be the favorites, but it would seem they are going to have to further sweeten their offer. This could still get done Saturday night.

RELATED: New Orleans Saints, Tennessee Titans
SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Sep 5, 2020, 7:21 PM ET

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/5/2020 7:40:51 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1718
RE: Other NFL News - 9/8/2020 9:00:01 AM   
Brad H

Apparently the Cowboys will all kneel during the national anthem.

Post #: 1719
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2020 11:50:07 AM   
Bill Jandro

$105 million
The Los Angeles Rams have inked cornerback Jalen Ramsey to the largest contract a defensive back has ever received. Ramsey has signed a five year deal worth up to $105 million, according to NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport. The deal includes $71.2 million in total guarantees.3 hours ago

Post #: 1720
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2020 11:55:52 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

$105 million
The Los Angeles Rams have inked cornerback Jalen Ramsey to the largest contract a defensive back has ever received. Ramsey has signed a five year deal worth up to $105 million, according to NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport. The deal includes $71.2 million in total guarantees.3 hours ago

was he the CB that is supposedly better in zone coverage than man-to-man?

If so I am not sure I would pay that much.
Post #: 1721
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2020 11:57:41 AM   
kgdabom

Vikings fans should be interested in what Alvin Kamara signs for.

ALVIN KAMARA
RB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Saints and Alvin Kamara are "extremely close" to finalizing a multi-year extension.
The two sides are hoping to finalize the agreement in the coming days. Although the Saints and Kamara haven't been far apart in negotiations over the past week, this development ensures the 25-year-old is available and on the field for his usual amount of reps in Week 1. Expect the final numbers to land somewhere in range of $13-$15 million annually.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 8, 2020, 9:46 AM ET

Would Cook be reasonable and acknowledge he is not worth as much as Kamara? Good chance not, but he will find out that unless he has a sensational injury free season that no NFL team would pay him as much.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1722
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2020 12:41:23 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

$105 million

was he the CB that is supposedly better in zone coverage than man-to-man?

If so I am not sure I would pay that much.

Guessing your thinking of Marcus Peters. Ramsey can do it all.

Post #: 1723
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2020 12:48:29 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Vikings fans should be interested in what Alvin Kamara signs for.

ALVIN KAMARA
RB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Saints and Alvin Kamara are "extremely close" to finalizing a multi-year extension.
The two sides are hoping to finalize the agreement in the coming days. Although the Saints and Kamara haven't been far apart in negotiations over the past week, this development ensures the 25-year-old is available and on the field for his usual amount of reps in Week 1. Expect the final numbers to land somewhere in range of $13-$15 million annually.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 8, 2020, 9:46 AM ET

Would Cook be reasonable and acknowledge he is not worth as much as Kamara? Good chance not, but he will find out that unless he has a sensational injury free season that no NFL team would pay him as much.

Kamara is similar to CMC. both can line up wide at WR and run the route tree.

Cook can catch a screen pass but is not skilled like these two.

Post #: 1724
RE: Other NFL News - 9/9/2020 12:48:57 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

Apparently the Cowboys will all kneel during the national anthem.

That might piss off a lot of their redneck fans.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1725
Page:   <<   < prev  67 68 [69] 70 71   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  67 68 [69] 70 71   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode