Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  69 70 [71] 72 73   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/11/2020 12:16:04 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

KC looking legit. Might have a new dynasty on our hands with Mahomes & Reid. I know, I know, over-reaction to to 1 game.

If I was a GM and my QB wanted anything close to $40 million a year I would show them some Mahomes tape and say "Really?, get back to me when this is the type of performance you can deliver every week".

I realize that isn't reality but he deserves to get way more money than any other QB in the league, not even close.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 9/11/2020 12:17:36 PM >
Post #: 1751
RE: Other NFL News - 9/11/2020 12:20:40 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

KC looking legit. Might have a new dynasty on our hands with Mahomes & Reid. I know, I know, over-reaction to to 1 game.

If I was a GM and my QB wanted anything close to $40 million a year I would show them some Mahomes tape and say "Really?, get back to me when this is the type of performance you can deliver every week".

I realize that isn't reality but he deserves to get way more money than any other QB in the league, not even close.

He's breaking the game, he's so good.

They showed a graphic last night that over his first 32 games he has the most Yards, Completitions and TDs (and highest QB rating) in history.
Post #: 1752
RE: Other NFL News - 9/11/2020 12:25:16 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

They showed a graphic last night that over his first 32 games he has the most Yards, Completitions and TDs (and highest QB rating) in history.

When I read Pager's post I thought that it's not an overreaction to one game, it's a rational response to the last two years and one game. I love this kid, and his dad was always a very nice guy to me. Hyper-competitive (like most pro athletes) even in pick-up basketball.
Post #: 1753
RE: Other NFL News - 9/11/2020 12:41:12 PM   
bohumm

Open question, though, about whether Chiefs fans deserve him: Booing unity is a new low in NFL fandom. I mean, I get that in Trump country just up the street from Ferguson that most people only want racial unity on traditional (read: non-unity) terms, but aren't we all supposed to fake it a little better? Especially in the Midwest; it's what we do.
Post #: 1754
RE: Other NFL News - 9/11/2020 12:50:23 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

quote:

My son said "Mahomes is like a cheat code for Madden this is always on".
Post #: 1755
RE: Other NFL News - 9/11/2020 12:58:36 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My son said "Mahomes is like a cheat code for Madden this is always on".

Thank goodness the Bears passed on him (Watson too) to take Trubiski.
Post #: 1756
RE: Other NFL News - 9/17/2020 9:09:40 PM   
kgdabom

OMG Joe Buck is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. One of the worst broadcasters of all time.
"That was a disgusting act by Randy Moss"

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1757
RE: Other NFL News - 9/18/2020 8:06:22 AM   
Brad H

The "Gods of Odds" make their picks this week. They talk the over/under of the Vikings game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvyFcntPgA

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1758
RE: Other NFL News - 10/3/2020 10:52:13 AM   
Bill Jandro

The Denver Broncos and New York Jets played a Thursday night game that very few were looking forward to, and it still managed to be ugly despite some offensive highlights.

The ugliness came via a whopping six personal foul penalties on the Jets’ defense, including three instances of roughing the passer and two of unnecessary roughness. That would be an eyebrow-raising amount from any team, but a defense run by Gregg Williams, he of the infamous Bountygate, is going to get zero benefit of the doubt.

The game ended with two especially brutal hits on Broncos quarterback Brett Rypien, who was making his NFL debut.

Scum bag

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1759
RE: Other NFL News - 10/3/2020 10:55:41 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

The Denver Broncos and New York Jets played a Thursday night game that very few were looking forward to, and it still managed to be ugly despite some offensive highlights.

The ugliness came via a whopping six personal foul penalties on the Jets’ defense, including three instances of roughing the passer and two of unnecessary roughness. That would be an eyebrow-raising amount from any team, but a defense run by Gregg Williams, he of the infamous Bountygate, is going to get zero benefit of the doubt.

The game ended with two especially brutal hits on Broncos quarterback Brett Rypien, who was making his NFL debut.

Scum bag

This seems to be a gregg williams trait. Wherever he goes, trouble follows.
Post #: 1760
RE: Other NFL News - 10/4/2020 7:56:24 AM   
Brad H

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports two more members of the Titans organization returned positive COVID-19 test results Sunday morning.

This brings the count to 18 players or staff members who have tested positive for COVID-19. Their Week 4 matchup versus Pittsburgh was already postponed until Week 7. The Titans are slated to face the Bills next week but will need to turn things around in short order if that game is to play as scheduled. The NFL could add extra bye weeks in the middle of the season or reschedule games after Week 17 and begin the playoffs at a later date. All options will be considered and the NFL has shown they can work on the fly in this situation already.

Post #: 1761
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2020 6:16:24 PM   
Brad H

Football has some issues to deal with right now. Broncos/Patriots has been moved to Monday and Titans/Bills to Tuesday.

Post #: 1762
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2020 5:53:49 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It looks like to me that Dak Prescott is out for the season. The home state kid will take over. (Andy Dalton)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1763
RE: Other NFL News - 10/20/2020 7:29:54 PM   
Bill Jandro

“Cowboys players initially bought into keeping things internal. Now as they sit 2-4 the discontent is leaking out. On the coaching staff ‘totally unprepared. They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.’ Another ‘they just aren’t good at their jobs.'”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/20/unnamed-cowboys-call-out-new-coaching-staff/

Post #: 1764
RE: Other NFL News - 10/20/2020 9:02:47 PM   
David F.

But but but McCarthy is 127-81-2 all time so he's awesome right? He even fell back-assward into a Super Bowl win for crying out loud.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1765
RE: Other NFL News - 10/21/2020 9:12:44 AM   
ronhextall

Never was a fan of 3-4 defense. sounds like on defense the Cowboys are lost switching to that new style. Maybe with COVID and no preseason and limited together time that was a horrible idea. Coaches should have foreseen that.
Post #: 1766
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2020 7:51:46 AM   
Mark Anderson

Bo Jackson says he would average 350-400 yards a game in today's game.

"Nobody wraps up and tackles anymore"
Post #: 1767
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2020 7:56:58 AM   
SoMnFan

No, you wouldn't, Bo
D-backs are bigger than you remember.
And linemen and Backers are faster.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1768
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2020 8:17:56 AM   
Bill Jandro

Several years ago the players union negotiated a very limited number of padded practices per year.

Since then the art of tackling has suffered a lot.

So Bo has a legitimate point. But as SMF alluded to today's athletes are much bigger and faster.

Post #: 1769
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2020 8:22:46 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Several years ago the players union negotiated a very limited number of padded practices per year.

Since then the art of tackling has suffered a lot.

So Bo has a legitimate point. But as SMF alluded to today's athletes are much bigger and faster.

I would say that the NBA is probably the sport where superstars from the 80s and 90s would put up astronomical numbers today. The rules favor offense like no other time in its existence.
Post #: 1770
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2020 9:54:21 AM   
Jeff Jesser

He probably only focused on the 2020 Vikings D when saying that.
Post #: 1771
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2020 10:25:19 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

He probably only focused on the 2020 Vikings D when saying that.

Then? I woulda said …. yeah, probably right Bo

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1772
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2020 10:59:44 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Never was a fan of 3-4 defense. sounds like on defense the Cowboys are lost switching to that new style. Maybe with COVID and no preseason and limited together time that was a horrible idea. Coaches should have foreseen that.

Mike McCarthy can't foresee anything with that lazy eye.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1773
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2020 11:34:21 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Mike McCarthy can't foresee anything with that lazy eye.

McCarthy is a mediocre coach who was propped up with a HOF QB. Had the Pack moved on from him sooner they would likely have two more Super Bowl wins. But 127-81-2 you know. So he's awesome I guess. Except he's not.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1774
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2020 12:21:11 PM   
Bill Jandro

It was clear McCarthy was burnt out and wasn't putting the necessary hours in the last few years in GB.

His year off hasn't changed that apparently.

At this stage he is just stealing money from good ole Jerry...

Post #: 1775
Page:   <<   < prev  69 70 [71] 72 73   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  69 70 [71] 72 73   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode