Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  108 109 [110] 111 112   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2019 5:54:38 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Saints screwed up with the clock at 1:55, and let the Rams drive enough to kick a FG. Too bad for them! Love it in fact.

I'm not going to sit here and be outraged for a team that was pretty much handed a Super Bowl appearance by officials. But that's just me. If they make some rule change that's sensible I wouldn't mind that either.

Saints failed to convert TDs earlier in the game. They allows the Rams to come back in the first place. After the botched non-call they failed to stop the Rams from getting into FG position to tie the game. Then in OT Brees threw a pick and they let the Rams drive into FG range again for the winning FG. Sure they can bitch about the lack of a flag (and rightly so) but in the end if the Saints played better they wouldn't have been in the position where they needed the flag to save their game. further if they were truly any good they would have stopped the Rams from driving to tie, wouldn't have thrown a pick in OT and wouldn't have lost the game..

Boo the eff hoo.

Agreed! Again I sat and watched in 2009 when the saints got handed a super bowl appearance. Funny how theres such outrage when it goes against them.

The reffing was terrible in 2009 especially when the refs held the Saints by the hand and walked them all the way down the field in OT. Still no one to blame after turning the ball over 5x however.

Valid point! To say the Saints lost the game because of a bad call, which the no-call was bad, is to assume they would have scored had the penalty been called. There were probably 10-15 non-calls in that game or any other game that didn't happen, nobody knows what would the outcome be if the penalty had been called. Bottom line, the Saints had just as much chance to win that game as the Rams, they just didn't get it done when they needed to. Football has been f*&^ed with enough already, dumbing it down and making it a circus, it's just another thing for the NFL to try to perfect. Really, the refing has been bad for years, no surprise here. (I used to love the NFL, now, not so much, can you tell {:~)!
Post #: 2726
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2019 6:41:10 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Has this been posted? Zimmer does like former head coaches to help his offense.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/01/10/mn-vikings-joe-philbin-matt-lafleu-mike-zimmer-tony-sparano-offensive-line/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2727
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2019 6:45:06 PM  2 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveR

Pretty good games yesterday. Those four teams are quite a ways ahead of us.

I'm okay with the Patriots win. One would think Mahomes is going to be threatening for a Super Bowl for a long time. Wow, he is good, and once he gets more situational experience, he will probably be a tough out. He took a couple of sacks that cost the Chiefs pretty badly. Meanwhile, Brady and Bellichek continue to be borderline supernatural. I actually have fun watching the Patriots continue to defy time. I learned my lesson with Michael Jordan. I always rooted against him because I was sick of him winning. In retrospect, I realize I got to watch greatness, so it is with the Patriots. Might as well say I got to see the best-ever QB and coach do their thing until they are, perhaps, dethroned sometime in the distant future by someone else. Even if they don't win the SB, getting there three times in a row at this stage is crazy.

Brady was clutch big-time on their last drive in regulation. Third down after third down over the middle. Seems like Vikings never do that. They want to be so balanced they don't bother to keep repeating something that works...or that could be my imagination. Regardless, we aren't even in the same solar system as the four teams yesterday in what it takes to get to the big one.

The pass interference no call in the Saints/Rams game was...something. It took the game away from the Saints pretty much. I can't complain too much because it is the Saints, but I don't think that is good for the game when something like that can make such a huge difference. Oh well...the world is still turning.

Good post. The rest of the posters applauding that non PI call, I welcome the day it happens to the Vikings because that will be pay back. Anyone who appreciates the game should be totally pissed off that an officiating crew can make that bad of a judgment that impacts the final score of the game as well as the winner. In situations like that, the league needs to step in and make the call right. There should be a situation where the coach of each team can challenge one called or non-called penalty per game for review. It can either be a specific penalty review in addition to the on-field challenges or simply become incorporated into the challenge rule.

You welcome the team getting screwed if it gives you more amunition. Troll.

Not at all moron. I am making a statement to the rules of the game and the outcome of fair play. It is a travesty that the league with all its technology capabilities cannot thing forward enough to eliminate these type of outcomes being decided by officials. And you sir can suck on an egg. Asshole.

Not sure why you’re insulting me ... I never played for the Vikings.
Post #: 2728
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2019 7:34:54 PM  1 votes
marty

You don't have to welcome the day something like that happens to the Vikings, because it HAS. From the Saints getting tons of help in OT, to Atlanta jumping offsides when Anderson missed the game winning FG, to Cris Carter not getting his important game shifting catch against the Rams, to the 49ers getting several important gifts from Jerry Markbreit, to the Drew Pearson push off, and countless other things not mentioned here.

It would take the Vikings getting about 10 non calls like the Rams got, in playoff games, just to somewhat even out all the times the Vikings have been screwed.

But I do NOT want that, IF the Vikings win the Super Bowl, I want NO feeling like it were gifted, and instead prefer they overcome the officials and the opposition, and come out like Hercules with nothing stopping them on their SB run.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2729
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2019 7:49:53 PM   
Ricky J

Atta boy, Marty
Post #: 2730
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2019 8:03:15 PM   
Tom Sykes

Nobody wants referees deciding games.

The truth is, Brees threw a bad ball. It should have been pick-sixed or easily defended. But ... the Rams DB tried to gift the game to the Saints, just like the Saints DB gifted us the game last year. (Right after Payton taunted the home crowd with skol chants)

The Saints lost ... not because they made a good play and got screwed ... but because they didn't benefit from a very dumbass Rams mistake.

Skol Payton!
Post #: 2731
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2019 8:09:29 PM   
Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson
22h22 hours ago

In 15 of the last 16 Super Bowls the AFC team has been quarterbacked by Tom Brady (8), Peyton Manning (4) or Ben Roethlisberger (3). Only breaking through was Joe Flacco in 2012 season. Brady also QB in 2001, making it 16 of 18.
Post #: 2732
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2019 8:30:15 PM   
Ricky J

Jeff Locke @jefflocke9

Jeff Locke Retweeted Arizona Hotshots
Excited to be heading home to AZ to play for the @aafhotshots!
Post #: 2733
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2019 8:38:52 PM   
Todd M

Dumb name for a football team. None of them are award winning mind you. Incl the name of the league.

And being the punter on one of these teams in this upstart league has you locked (PI) in nowhereville.
Post #: 2734
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 6:37:52 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

You don't have to welcome the day something like that happens to the Vikings, because it HAS. From the Saints getting tons of help in OT, to Atlanta jumping offsides when Anderson missed the game winning FG, to Cris Carter not getting his important game shifting catch against the Rams, to the 49ers getting several important gifts from Jerry Markbreit, to the Drew Pearson push off, and countless other things not mentioned here.

It would take the Vikings getting about 10 non calls like the Rams got, in playoff games, just to somewhat even out all the times the Vikings have been screwed.

But I do NOT want that, IF the Vikings win the Super Bowl, I want NO feeling like it were gifted, and instead prefer they overcome the officials and the opposition, and come out like Hercules with nothing stopping them on their SB run.

My recollection is that it was running into the kicker that wasn't called on Anderson's kick. I don't recall the Rams and 49ers games -- what year are you referring to?
Post #: 2735
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 7:17:34 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

The truth is, Brees threw a bad ball. It should have been pick-sixed or easily defended. But ... the Rams DB tried to gift the game to the Saints, just like the Saints DB gifted us the game last year. (Right after Payton taunted the home crowd with skol chants)

The Saints lost ... not because they made a good play and got screwed ... but because they didn't benefit from a very dumbass Rams mistake.

Skol Payton!

No doubt. if Robey Coleman looks for the ball it's six in the other direction.

Was an extremely poor thrown ball and was not an obvious PI in real time. Appeared he arrived at the same time as the ball

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2736
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 8:12:36 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Skol Payton!

Was an extremely poor thrown ball and was not an obvious PI in real time. Appeared he arrived at the same time as the ball

NO has a right to be outraged, they didn’t get that break.

Ironically, they are outraged at a Rams DB who mis-timed the play and interfered with their WR (saving the game) ... after losing their playoff game last year because their DB avoided interfering with Diggs (giving up the game).

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 1/22/2019 8:42:38 AM >
Post #: 2737
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 9:21:00 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Dumb name for a football team. None of them are award winning mind you. Incl the name of the league.

And being the punter on one of these teams in this upstart league has you locked (PI) in nowhereville.

I dunno ... did you understand that Hotshots refers to the elite firefighter team? Being from Arizona, it's not the first thing I would associate with Arizona (I would have preferred the 'Haboobs' or maybe the 'Dry Heat Chupacabras') ...

My biggest complaint, and I could care less about this 'league', is they sort of have Packer colors. The horror ...

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 1/22/2019 9:22:15 AM >
Post #: 2738
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 9:24:24 AM   
marty

I thought Atlanta jumped offsides as Anderson made the kick, that to me was more obvious or blatant than the roughing the kicker.

Instead of being mad at the time, I was chuckling a little bit because the game was on course for my prediction of Anderson missing the game winner in regulation, but winning 30-27 in OT. Everything was going according to script, until Atlanta kicked the FG in OT

SF was with Montana, and the Vikes got screwed on several key plays early.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2739
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 9:43:22 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

I dunno ... did you understand that Hotshots refers to the elite firefighter team?

No, I didn't. That's cool. I wasn't in AZ but I did notice a lot of gratitude for fire fighters last August when I drove from SD to Seattle.
Post #: 2740
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 9:51:44 AM   
marty

The Rams' game was Jeff George at QB for the Vikes, must have been 1999. Not getting the CC catch screwed any chance for the Vikes getting back momentum, Moss realized that, and squirted the officials with a water bottle.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2741
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 9:59:43 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

I thought Atlanta jumped offsides as Anderson made the kick, that to me was more obvious or blatant than the roughing the kicker.

And I thought Mike Morris The Superstar picked the wrong time for a bad snap.
- but I'll never know 'cause I won't watch it again.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 1/22/2019 4:26:54 PM >
Post #: 2742
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 10:02:30 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

The Rams' game was Jeff George at QB for the Vikes, must have been 1999. Not getting the CC catch screwed any chance for the Vikes getting back momentum, Moss realized that, and squirted the officials with a water bottle.

I remember that catch, no catch, too. CC goes, "What, you haven't seen one like that before?"
Post #: 2743
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 10:08:49 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Skol Payton!

Ironically, they are outraged at a Rams DB who mis-timed the play and interfered with their WR (saving the game) ... after losing their playoff game last year because their DB avoided interfering with Diggs (giving up the game).

Nicely done.
Post #: 2744
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 10:15:47 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Skol Payton!

Nicely done.

Tom: just like the Saints DB gifted us the game last year. (Right after Payton taunted the home crowd with skol chants)

How can you not believe in the spirit world keeping you honest after that ...

Reminds me of the last time I said, "I haven't had a ticket in 5 years" WHAM!
Post #: 2745
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 1:01:45 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Skol Payton!

Nicely done.

Tom: just like the Saints DB gifted us the game last year. (Right after Payton taunted the home crowd with skol chants)

How can you not believe in the spirit world keeping you honest after that ...

Reminds me of the last time I said, "I haven't had a ticket in 5 years" WHAM!

I suppose you're right. There is indisputable evidence that rascally impish spirits have been tormenting Viking fans from the very beginning.

I will have to rethink my belief in the Roman Gods of Italian Gladiator movies.
Post #: 2746
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 1:58:31 PM   
Ricky J

Rascally impish spirits! Perfect definition. I'm going to steal that one for sure.
Post #: 2747
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 2:17:10 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

It might be a good name for a gun club, though.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2748
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 2:23:03 PM   
bongbong

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Too bad for them! Love it in fact!

I like this edited post better, cause it better sums up the schaudenfrwhatevs I have for the Saints and especially Sean Payton. Sure it was one of the worst reffing gaffs in league history, but I can watch Payton crying about forever. Haha...
Post #: 2749
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2019 2:32:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

In view of the bad calls, I think there should be a head judge in a booth who can stop play for any reason to review a play call. It might slow the game down a bit, but I think everyone agrees that they want to get it right. They only play football once a week, so I don't think most people have a problem with the game lasting a few more minutes.

They do something like that already for college games, except that there are limits to what the game is stopped for. (not for PI, for example)

It may already be on the rules that PI can be called if the pass is catchable by the receiver. I do see the penalty called frequently where I don't think it could have been.

Another problem is defensive holding. The quarterback might not even be looking on one side of the field and the ref will throw the flag. Then, even if that receiver was far from the first down markers, it is ruled an automatic first down. I mean, sometimes that happens on 3rd and 20

Post #: 2750
Page:   <<   < prev  108 109 [110] 111 112   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  108 109 [110] 111 112   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode