Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  145 146 [147] 148 149   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 3:30:32 PM   
Ragnarök

https://thevikingage.com/2019/04/04/minnesota-vikings-interest-former-rugby-star/
Post #: 3651
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 3:37:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

https://www.vikings.com/news/minnesota-vikings-sign-dakota-dozier?sf210468277=1

---

Clear to take D with our first pick now.

Oh goody. Now we won't have to draft O-line until the 4th round and then about 3 more in the 7th round.

The scouts involved with the OL are suddenly happy they are not under the gun and now just need to toss RS another Beavers type for the 4th round before going on an early and extended vacation. After 45 days of uncertainty, they are back on easy street!
Post #: 3652
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 3:47:53 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

https://thevikingage.com/2019/04/04/minnesota-vikings-interest-former-rugby-star/

We had one in camp a few years back.

Plus we've had:
- Babatunde
- Boehringer
- Brock Lesnar
- Joe Webb, because he jumped over those bags: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PsUH1fmJk
- Kleinsasser, because he REALLY COULD trip over chalk lines
Post #: 3653
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 3:50:54 PM   
Bill Johanesen

This Kleinsasser video always stuck with me as "nah, must have been doctored": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHaKOjX_Hs
Post #: 3654
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 4:08:21 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

This Kleinsasser video always stuck with me as "nah, must have been doctored": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHaKOjX_Hs

That was back when NDSU was a middle of the road team. Slow secondary.

But, I do think Jimmy bulked up a lot after his college career was over. The tape wasn't doctored.
Post #: 3655
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 4:32:27 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

https://www.vikings.com/news/minnesota-vikings-sign-dakota-dozier?sf210468277=1

---

Clear to take D with our first pick now.

Was with the Jets, same team to sign Tom Compton.

Pure retribution for Compton. Game of Thrones stuff.

We sure showed them.

Plus, not knowing anything about other teams scrubs ... they automatically become more appealing than our own scrubs.
Post #: 3656
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 4:42:21 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Freakin’ tight cap. You can add ‘currency exchange rate’ to the list of scoutable player traits.

We must be strong against the Aussie dollar.
Post #: 3657
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 5:17:57 PM   
Bill Johanesen

In-depth, players telling all type stuff about Erin vs McCarthy, and Erin's disposition:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
Post #: 3658
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 5:49:41 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

In-depth, players telling all type stuff about Erin vs McCarthy, and Erin's disposition:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

What a mess

If I was Murphy I'd give some serious thought into trading drama queen Erin.

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 4/4/2019 5:53:01 PM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3659
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 6:03:52 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Fun reading that. The only thing that would make the whole story better is if Rodgers had been shut completely out of ever getting a ring.
Post #: 3660
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 7:13:06 PM   
Bill Jandro

I could deal with Farve. Respected him even when he was a puker.

But I have ZERO respect for Erin. Nothing more than a premadonna and an arrogant prick.

I'll follow suit with Art (via Farve) if we ever pick this ahole up in his swan song years.

Might be my swan song following this cursed franchise.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3661
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2019 7:54:48 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I could deal with Farve. Respected him even when he was a puker.

But I have ZERO respect for Erin. Nothing more than a premadonna and an arrogant prick.

I'll follow suit with Art (via Farve) if we ever pick this ahole up in his swan song years.

Might be my swan song following this cursed franchise.

That thought occurred to me. He doesn't play out his contract. We get the ghost of Rodgers with all the mental and emotional baggage. He doesn't inspire like Favre did and we end up super excited about QBs who may be there at #5 overall.
Post #: 3662
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 9:19:36 AM   
Todd M

Man...was sitting here and thinking...if we could just as a collective group will this damn team to a championship. That the power of positive thinking and faith could be what delivers it all home. Along those lines, not being the type of fans waiting for the other shoe to fall would flush out all the negative energy.

Then I think - yeah...1998 had the players talking about the palpable feeling that something truly special was taking place, and 2017 had us with a chance at unprecedented HFA and we couldn't make it happen...right when we had thought we had miracle played our way out of 'this is what they do, this is how they hurt us'.

There is no fate, no destiny. We might win it next year but we might still be chasing a decade and a half from now.

What to do...what...to...do...
Post #: 3663
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 9:26:26 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Man...was sitting here and thinking...if we could just as a collective group will this damn team to a championship. That the power of positive thinking and faith could be what delivers it all home. Along those lines, not being the type of fans waiting for the other shoe to fall would flush out all the negative energy.

Then I think - yeah...1998 had the players talking about the palpable feeling that something truly special was taking place, and 2017 had us with a chance at unprecedented HFA and we couldn't make it happen...right when we had thought we had miracle played our way out of 'this is what they do, this is how they hurt us'.

There is no fate, no destiny. We might win it next year but we might still be chasing a decade and a half from now.

Set your sights lower.

Now that my sole focus is on the UDFA derby, I’m pain free.
Post #: 3664
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 9:31:06 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

We are still set up for success the next two years.

But I think we need to hit a home run in draft like the Saints did a couple years ago. A couple Pro Bowlers right out of the gate.
Post #: 3665
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 11:42:51 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Fun reading that. The only thing that would make the whole story better is if Rodgers had been shut completely out of ever getting a ring.

So true
Ruined a great tell-all, the realization that he has a ring.
Post #: 3666
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 12:09:15 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

So true
Ruined a great tell-all, the realization that he has a ring.

It emphasizes what a petty douche Erin is that he can't get over McCarthy being part of the coaching staff that picked Alex Smith instead of him. At the time McCarthy praised Smith as the best QB in the draft. What was he going to do? Step up in front of the media and say, "boy the organization sure f***ed this one up".

Erin is an insecure dick head. It's laughable that he thinks there were any circumstances where he would be looked on as being as good as Brady.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3667
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 12:43:49 PM   
SoMnFan

Was just going to ask …
Loved the article, but was taken aback by how freely the terms like "BY FAR the greatest QB of all time, the most-talented, the best-ever, etc etc" keep flowing about Rodgers.

Don't get me wrong. I realize he's damn good. When he's on, he's incredibly effective and one hell of a player.
But where does everyone here stand on it?
I realize I lean towards jealousy and that most times that clouds my opinion, but I just don't think he has earned that type of respect from so many.
He's got a full bag of tools, no doubt.
Excellent arm, good feet, smart reader, seems to have an incredible will to win, or at least to succeed in his mind.
But this immediate definition he's given by so many of being the GOAT, BY FAR …. I just do not see that.
I'll give him Top 5, Hell, maybe Top 3 one day depending on how his life plays out …
Just wondering how many of you feel, when trying to put the natural hate of the Packers aside.
Post #: 3668
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 12:45:05 PM   
Tom Sykes

Unfortunately, the US dollar weakened against the Aussie dollar last night so we couldn't afford the rugby dude but ...

Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson

The #Vikings announce the signing of two players from the defunct AAF. There is safety Derron Smith and cornerback Duke Thomas. Both played for the San Antonio Commanders.

Yes, We just went there.
Post #: 3669
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 12:54:43 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Was just going to ask …
Loved the article, but was taken aback by how freely the terms like "BY FAR the greatest QB of all time, the most-talented, the best-ever, etc etc" keep flowing about Rodgers.

Don't get me wrong. I realize he's damn good. When he's on, he's incredibly effective and one hell of a player.
I realize I lean towards jealousy and that most times that clouds my opinion, but I just don't think he has earned that type of respect from so many.
Excellent arm, good feet, smart reader, seems to have an incredible will to win, or at least to succeed in his mind.
But this immediate definition he's given by so many of being the GOAT, BY FAR …. I just do not see that.
I'll give him Top 5, Hell, maybe Top 3 one day depending on how his life plays out …
Just wondering how many of you feel, when trying to put the natural hate of the Packers aside.

Full tool bag. Fragile psyche. Erin is nowhere near the GOAT. He is not a leader. Has way more athletic gifts than Brady, but isn't fit to carry Brady's spit bucket.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3670
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 12:58:34 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

Was just going to ask …

This post isn't actually rooted in jealousy or hatred for the Puke. It's based on fact and the last 3 'out of MN' markets I've lived in have had the local
sports radio shows bring up the same fact. He gets more aid by the refs than anyone. His line is notorious for holding and when he draws 'offside calls' it's usually an illegal snap count by him.
Post #: 3671
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 1:01:26 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Was just going to ask …

Full tool bag. Fragile psyche. Erin is nowhere near the GOAT. He is not a leader. Has way more athletic gifts than Brady, but isn't fit to carry Brady's spit bucket.

Thanks Sweens

Almost choked on the statements about how the Packers could have won 6 titles, if they had all played nicely together.
That is more far-fetched than the GOAT talk.
Hard to sort through all of the ridiculous statements. Jennings seems the most level-headed to me in MOST of his assessments.
Post #: 3672
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 1:06:24 PM   
beo

Cool article that gives me some hope... I've been pretty meh on Cousins this offseason... but if improve interior line a bit maybe we could make some noise:
(love the articles with supporting vid bits)

https://zonecoverage.com/2019/vikings/kirk-cousins-pocket-presence-is-better-than-you-think-it-is/
Post #: 3673
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 3:10:06 PM   
David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
7m7 minutes ago
NFL announces that #Vikings CB Holton Hill has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2019 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.

VikingUpdate.com@VikingUpdate
8m8 minutes ago
Holton Hill, the promising rookie cornerback for the #Vikings last year, has been suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances. He is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 4/5/2019 3:12:02 PM >
Post #: 3674
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2019 3:14:54 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
7m7 minutes ago
NFL announces that #Vikings CB Holton Hill has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2019 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.

VikingUpdate.com@VikingUpdate
8m8 minutes ago
Holton Hill, the promising rookie cornerback for the #Vikings last year, has been suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances. He is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

That all but guarantees the Vikes will NOT trade Trae Waynes now.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3675
Page:   <<   < prev  145 146 [147] 148 149   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  145 146 [147] 148 149   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode