Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  157 158 [159] 160 161   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 1:32:37 PM   
Phil Riewer

Red Zone Rudy....I will miss those smurf gloves catching TDs.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3951
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 1:52:27 PM   
unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Boy, CBS overstates Rudy's blocking ability.

Hopefully the team we trade him to does as well.

Hopefully we only trade him if we get good value. A 3rd round pick next year or two fourths that the Patriots could offer. Or a player that is better than one of our current starters with a lower salary than Rudy. Would Conklin have any trade value at all? He might be the better trade to make.

I would be shocked, and thrilled, if the Vikings could get a 3rd or two 4ths for Rudy.

It would be more likely to get a Keenum or Desean Jackson trade return where we trade Rudy and a 7th for a 6th. Or maybe Rudy and a 6th for a 5th.
Post #: 3952
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 2:53:31 PM   
David F.

Kyle Rudolph's red zone stats by year (targets/catches/TDs):

2011: 6/6/3
2012 17/14/7 Incredible!
2013: 5/2/1 Only started 8 games due to injury
2014: 3/3/2 Only started 8 games due to injury
2015: 11/4/3 Not good
2016: 25/15/6 2nd most redzone targets in the league that year. 15 catches but only 6 TDs indicates he is catching the ball short of the endzone and being tackled immediately.
2017: 16/14/7 Outstanding!
2018: 15/8/3 Ineffective use of red zone targets.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3953
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 4:40:52 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hopefully we only trade him if we get good value. A 3rd round pick next year or two fourths that the Patriots could offer. Or a player that is better than one of our current starters with a lower salary than Rudy. Would Conklin have any trade value at all? He might be the better trade to make.

I would be shocked, and thrilled, if the Vikings could get a 3rd or two 4ths for Rudy.

It would be more likely to get a Keenum or Desean Jackson trade return where we trade Rudy and a 7th for a 6th. Or maybe Rudy and a 6th for a 5th.

He's our 2nd best TE. Why trade him for nothing. We got enough money to sign everyone.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3954
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 5:13:38 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He's our 2nd best TE. Why trade him for nothing. We got enough money to sign everyone.

No we don’t. See my recent posts in the draft thread

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3955
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 5:18:15 PM   
Phil Riewer

You are running out of people to restructure too as you don't want to be behind the black ball in future years...you have to cut or trade one of Griffin, Waynes, or Rudolph. Even cutting Treadwell doesn't save enough and you need some $$$ in case injuries hit.

Post #: 3956
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 6:12:36 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've heard from the most reliable sources we need less than a million. We don't need to trade or cut Rudolph. Also remember Smith seems great, but TEs tend to be a position that takes a while to develop.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/2/2019 6:15:15 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3957
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 6:14:15 PM   
kgdabom

Reports are that we have signed Irv Smith, Epps, and Udoh. At the time Irv signed he was the highest drafted player signed, but then the Puke signed Savage.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3958
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 7:24:24 PM   
marty

Gonna say it again: sure be nice if Cousins was a team player and agreed to take a paycut.

My imaginative qoute from Cousins:

"Well I didn't have the best season last year, didn't play like one of the top paid QBs in the league. It's not a good example of a team leader to accept all that money, and not give quality play.

Giving back any of the money I made last year, doesn't help the team capwise going forward. So I have agreed to give back, or rather a paycut for this coming season of 5 million less than the signed contract, and I will also agree to give back 3 million for the following season. That way noone asks for another 5 million next year" - audience laughs.

"I am hoping this gives the team a little wiggle room for this year to sign its' rookies, and maybe even a little more help, should the need arise. Seeing Griffen take a cut, and Barr taking less to come back, I wanted to join in and do my part to help the team going forward"

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3959
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 8:50:32 PM   
McMurfy

Then again, he set career highs in completion percentage, TDs, and passing yards, and put up a solid
QB Rating so he likely feels like he deserves what he is paid.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 3960
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/2/2019 10:10:13 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Then again, he set career highs in completion percentage, TDs, and passing yards, and put up a solid
QB Rating so he likely feels like he deserves what he is paid.

I believe it was his second best passing yardage season. On the down side it was his lowest yards per attempt. I really don't get people who think Cousins had a bad season last year. With the lack of blocking he had I thought his season was borderline miraculous.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/2/2019 10:16:05 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3961
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 8:41:30 AM   
Phil Riewer

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

Post #: 3962
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 8:57:58 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've heard from the most reliable sources we need less than a million. We don't need to trade or cut Rudolph. Also remember Smith seems great, but TEs tend to be a position that takes a while to develop.

So you think it is ok to go into a season with no cap room? I think we need 3-7 Million just in case of a major injury.

Post #: 3963
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 9:11:49 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So you think it is ok to go into a season with no cap room? I think we need 3-7 Million just in case of a major injury.
Yes it's OK to go into the season with no cap room. If you end up needing cap room later you create it later. I don't think cutting or basically giving away Kyle Rudolph is a good use of assets just to create cap room in case we need it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3964
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 9:41:16 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes it's OK to go into the season with no cap room. If you end up needing cap room later you create it later. I don't think cutting or basically giving away Kyle Rudolph is a good use of assets just to create cap room in case we need it.

We will if the FO agrees with you.....Kyle Rudolph trade rumors say they aren't so sure.

Post #: 3965
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 9:50:48 AM   
TJSweens

There is no rush to make a decision on Rudolph. If the Vikings decide to trade or cut him at any time before the start of the season, his salary comes off the books with no dead cap money.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3966
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 10:23:12 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Are there any other veterans at risk to losing their jobs here with all of these less expensive rookies trying to make the team?

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3967
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 10:51:19 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Are there any other veterans at risk to losing their jobs here with all of these less expensive rookies trying to make the team?

Everson Griffen

Post #: 3968
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 10:55:05 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Yes. Isidora, Hill, Holmes, Johnson, Beebe, Zylstra, Conklin, Mannion, Sloter, Abdullah, the list goes on and on.
Here's an article from the Star Tribune that addresses that.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-hoping-to-find-backups-in-rookie-minicamp/509413602/

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/3/2019 11:03:20 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3969
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 10:57:09 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Everson Griffen

It has happened but it would be a classless move - business or not - to put the dude through a salary reduction and then get rid of him.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/3/2019 10:58:10 AM >
Post #: 3970
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 11:00:59 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We will if the FO agrees with you.....Kyle Rudolph trade rumors say they aren't so sure.

If somebody makes us an attractive Trade offer I'm sure we would consider it. I think we would prefer a useful player with a lower salary first a draft pick second. We are in win now mode. We want to increase the talent level on the team not diminish it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3971
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 12:06:48 PM   
kgdabom

As far as I know Bradbury is currently unsigned, but I just read a Pioneer Press article saying he will be participating in rookie minicamp. Presumably he has an insurance policy. Hopefully the Vikings do something to clear enough cap to get him signed soon. I'm hearing they need a million or so.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3972
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 12:19:18 PM   
Pager

From Cronin:

Here's a look at the Vikings 2019 draft class, w/projected cap hits via Spotrac. Of Minnesota's 12 draftees, the the team could sign its bottom eight immediately because their cap hits are below the cutoff for the top-51, which is $570K. The Vikings still need to create cap room to sign its higher draftees. 1st rd: Garrett Bradbury - $12.8 million (est. total value), $2.33 million est. cap hit 2nd rd: Irv Smith Jr. - $5.78 million (est. total value), $1.05 million est. cap hit 3rd rd: Alexander Mattison - $3.4 million (est. total value), $685,379 est. cap hit 4th rd: Dru Samia - $3.25 million (est. total value), $679,280 est. cap hit 5th rd: Cameron Smith - $568,506 est. cap hit 6th rd: Armon Watts - $537,173 est. cap hit 6th rd: Marcus Epps - $537,113 est. cap hit 6th rd: Eli Udoh - $536,998 est. cap hit 7th rd: Kris Boyd - $522,314 est. cap hit 7th rd: Dillon Mitchell - $515,003 est. cap hit 7th rd: Olabisi Johnson - $513,572 est. cap hit 7th rd: Austin Cutting - $$513,572 est. cap hit

The information seems to be inaccurate as the Vikings have already signed Smith Jr. But I would expect a salary cap move soon to get Bradbury signed.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 3973
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 12:25:54 PM   
TJSweens

The Vikings have already signed just about everybody from Smith on down. All they need to do is clear about $700K in space and they can sign Bradbury.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/05/02/vikings-sign-eight-draft-picks-including-second-rounder-irv-smith/

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3974
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/3/2019 12:36:21 PM   
Bruce Johnson

If a veteran is not a clear starter, with our tight salary cap, there may be some surprises.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3975
Page:   <<   < prev  157 158 [159] 160 161   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  157 158 [159] 160 161   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode