Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  192 193 [194] 195 196   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 8:35:50 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Some nice Percy highlights:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1134070005933498373

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4826
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 8:37:44 AM   
Bruce Johnson

We're not going to see too many articles critical of any of the new Vikings at this point. Still, this is the season to be hopeful.

https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/05/irv-smiths-maturity-impressing-vikings-at-otas/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4827
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 8:59:47 AM   
kgdabom

Something that hasn't been mentioned regarding the possibility of Hercules making the 53. How many DTs are we likely to carry. Joseph, Stephen, and Hercules would make three. If we carry 4 that would mean cutting Johnson or Holmes unless we swing one out to DE than that would have it's own implications. If we cut Holmes it's a $548 K dead cap hit. If we cut Johnson it's a $339K dead cap hit. Anybody good at the 53 man thing want to chime in?

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/30/2019 9:01:39 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4828
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 10:33:04 AM   
Bruce Johnson

The defensive line may be the most competitive part of the team. Still, often times these things have a way of being sorted out.

Post #: 4829
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 10:48:19 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

The defensive line may be the most competitive part of the team. Still, often times these things have a way of being sorted out.

If we only keep 4 we need to trade Holmes or Johnson. I think we could get a 7th rounder. I don't think we keep Hercules over them and take the cap hit unless he is well ahead of both of them.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4830
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 11:21:45 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Those were days before talkvikes. I worked every Sunday, but listened to all the games on the radio. I certainly followed the team, but I lacked the information I get today on the internet. That was just before I was online.

It certainly was a different time.

What days are you talking about?
Post #: 4831
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 11:39:22 AM   
David Levine

quote:

Those were days before talkvikes. I worked every Sunday, but listened to all the games on the radio. I certainly followed the team, but I lacked the information I get today on the internet. That was just before I was online.

Many of us had been doing this for nearly a decade by the time Johnstone finished his Vikings career. No, it wasn't "talkvikes", but it was on the predecessors.
Post #: 4832
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 11:44:13 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Sorry for being unclear and also mistaken. I was referring to the "days when Lance Johnstone played for the Vikings", but when I recheck I see that was the early days of talkvikes, so I got the timeline wrong. I was still working Sunday's those days, though. I worked 7 days a week for 13 years straight and then for the next 7 years I worked 6 1/2 days a week. Now I am 66 years old (yesterday was my birthday) and still I work 6 days a week. However, I now have every Sunday off. It seems that I am really slowing down.

Post #: 4833
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 12:40:49 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Many of us had been doing this for nearly a decade by the time Johnstone finished his Vikings career. No, it wasn't "talkvikes", but it was on the predecessors.

I wish I could say I was at the Strip for the 98 season but I came in right at TC time the following year - I Yahoo'd info trying to find TC info.
Post #: 4834
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 12:58:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Right now I much prefer the online columns and articles to the printed versions. Here's an example that is rare with the Strib. just because it has opinions.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/5/30/18644300/minnesota-vikings-depth-chart-90-man-roster-2019-jeff-badet-hercules-mataafa

Post #: 4835
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 1:31:59 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

I wish I could say I was at the Strip for the 98 season but I came in right at TC time the following year - I Yahoo'd info trying to find TC info.

The 98 season was a blast at the Strib!
Post #: 4836
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 1:42:29 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry for being unclear and also mistaken. I was referring to the "days when Lance Johnstone played for the Vikings", but when I recheck I see that was the early days of talkvikes, so I got the timeline wrong. I was still working Sunday's those days, though. I worked 7 days a week for 13 years straight and then for the next 7 years I worked 6 1/2 days a week. Now I am 66 years old (yesterday was my birthday) and still I work 6 days a week. However, I now have every Sunday off. It seems that I am really slowing down.

Happy belated Birthday. You are old as hell. J/K I'm 60 not far behind.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4837
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 2:31:25 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not for BigO
Post #: 4838
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 3:00:22 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not for BigO

What are you, an elephant? Actually my Strib "incident" was some time after '98.

I still don't buy that the parties involved in PMs are somehow 'beholden' to keep the content of the PMs private. I generally do, but if someone else involved is being disingenuous, all bets are off.
Post #: 4839
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 3:05:10 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Freudian slip?
Post #: 4840
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 3:29:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Spell check, I'm sure!

Post #: 4841
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 3:42:56 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Kirk Cousins on ball left short after Irv Smith beat corner: “I guess part of the reason I left it a bit short maybe is I didn’t believe he was getting behind him like that.’’

Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Post #: 4842
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 3:57:04 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not for BigO

What are you, an elephant? Actually my Strib "incident" was some time after '98.

I still don't buy that the parties involved in PMs are somehow 'beholden' to keep the content of the PMs private. I generally do, but if someone else involved is being disingenuous, all bets are off.

THE yellow banner incident happened in the off season of 2007 I believe. Then the site died and then we came here in the summer of that year.
Post #: 4843
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 4:43:13 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

I made an appearance there in 98. On good ol dial up back then. Didn't stay too long and didn't rejoin until later in 2006.
Post #: 4844
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 5:10:37 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm sure it was!
Post #: 4845
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 5:11:54 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Freudian slip?

I wish I could say it was intentional .... ;)
Post #: 4846
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2019 10:53:55 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Something that hasn't been mentioned regarding the possibility of Hercules making the 53. How many DTs are we likely to carry. Joseph, Stephen, and Hercules would make three. If we carry 4 that would mean cutting Johnson or Holmes unless we swing one out to DE than that would have it's own implications. If we cut Holmes it's a $548 K dead cap hit. If we cut Johnson it's a $339K dead cap hit. Anybody good at the 53 man thing want to chime in?

Probably 9 DLineman

Griff, Hunter, Weatherly, Joseph, Stephen, JJ, Holmes

2 out of these (Bowers, Hercules, Odenigbo, Watts, Aruna) I say Hercules and Odenigbo because they can play both DE and DT.

Watts and Aruna to PS.
Post #: 4847
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2019 1:27:49 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Probably 9 DLineman

2 out of these (Bowers, Hercules, Odenigbo, Watts, Aruna) I say Hercules and Odenigbo because they can play both DE and DT.

Watts and Aruna to PS.

I count 12 defensive linemen. One or two may injure themselves during the preseason. It's good to have quality depth. The defensive line coach (Patterson) deserves credit because very few of these players were first or second round draft picks. Were any of them? I believe only Joseph was, and we obtained him via free agency.

Post #: 4848
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2019 7:10:24 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Probably 9 DLineman

Watts and Aruna to PS.

I count 12 defensive linemen. One or two may injure themselves during the preseason. It's good to have quality depth. The defensive line coach (Patterson) deserves credit because very few of these players were first or second round draft picks. Were any of them? I believe only Joseph was, and we obtained him via free agency.

Why is that? Marty, can you help us out here?
Post #: 4849
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2019 9:32:11 AM   
David F.

quote:

Kirk Cousins on ball left short after Irv Smith beat corner: “I guess part of the reason I left it a bit short maybe is I didn’t believe he was getting behind him like that.’’

Chris Tomasson on Twitter

This comment inspires a lot of anticipation of positive feelings going into the season. Let's hope defenses don't believe he can get behind them like that either. And then when defenses figure it out and adjust let's hope the Vikes then start running Diggs on shallow crossing routes and drag routes underneath Smith's deeper routes.

If this happens I assure you no one will miss Kyle Rudolph.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4850
Page:   <<   < prev  192 193 [194] 195 196   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  192 193 [194] 195 196   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode