Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  190 191 [192] 193 194   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/27/2019 9:22:39 AM   
Bruce Johnson

The Bills might be motivated to keep him away from New England.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4776
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/27/2019 10:25:37 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

Great just when you thought the Kyle Rudolph trade rumors were over!!!

New Patriots TE Ben Watson facing 4-game NFL suspension for failed drug test

Nick BrombergYahoo SportsMay 26, 2019, 5:21 PM

what kind of drugs?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4777
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/27/2019 10:28:01 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Another possible landing spot for Rudolph.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/05/27/minnesota-vikings-rudolph-buffalo-bills/

Hope Croft is out for the year.

Make the Bills take Treadwell in the trade!

I'm a Rudy fan but if we can get a 4th for Rudy and Treadwell I would do it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4778
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/27/2019 11:47:12 AM   
kgdabom

Watson's suspension was for PEDs he was prescribed while he was retired.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/27/2019 11:48:42 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4779
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/27/2019 11:48:51 AM   
Bruce Johnson

We can always use another reason for optimism.

http://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/27/mike-zimmer-is-weighing-player-feedback-more-than-ever/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4780
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/27/2019 5:24:11 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
10h10 hours ago

The #Jets have added two more names to their GM request list: #Vikings assistant GM George Paton and #Seahawks Co-Director of Player Personnel Scott Fitterer were requested, source said. They join Joe Douglas (#Eagles) and Champ Kelly (#Bears) on NYJ’s list so far.

-----------------------

I know Paton has been a GM candidate before but the freakin Jets are shameless in their attempts to poach anything Vikings.

It's not even flattering at this point., its weird.

Must be how the Bears brass felt when we kept snagging the shitty WR's they thankful to get rid of.
Post #: 4781
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 7:27:41 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Not good news, but not huge news.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/5/27/18641926/slight-adjustment-minnesota-vikings-potential-compensatory-picks-2020-nfl-draft

Post #: 4782
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 7:30:36 AM   
Bruce Johnson

We can always use more reasons for being optimistic. It means a lot more to see it confirmed on the football field though, of course.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/05/28/why-cook-explode-minnesota-vikings-2019/

Post #: 4783
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 8:42:29 AM   
thebigo

quote:

We can always use more reasons for being optimistic. It means a lot more to see it confirmed on the football field though, of course.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/05/28/why-cook-explode-minnesota-vikings-2019/

Maybe tricky Ricky won't feel he has to trade back into the 7th now

< Message edited by thebigo -- 5/28/2019 2:16:24 PM >
Post #: 4784
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 8:53:43 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Griffen is saying all the right things. I would like to see him more in a rotational role this season, though. He is better at rushing the passer as you can see from this link.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-everson-griffen-wants-to-get-back-to-playing-at-a-high-level-finish-what-he-started-in-minnesota

Post #: 4785
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 9:07:25 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Of course Smith belongs on this list.

b]Minnesota has made it clear that Smith is set to play a significant role in the upcoming season, and that has caused a myriad of speculation and trade rumors surrounding veteran Kyle Rudolph. The sure-handed pass-catcher Rudolph has been consistently above-average throughout his eight-year career with the Vikings, but he has seen his season grade decline in each of the last two.

Smith saw 74 targets in his collegiate career at Alabama but was incredibly efficient with his small sample size, as he tied for first among a loaded draft class with an average of 2.56 yards per route run. If his college production translates to the NFL, the Vikings have found themselves a younger, more athletic option at the tight end position.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-rookies-who-can-steal-time-away-from-vets-in-2019

Do you see any other rookies who could take playing time from a Vikings veteran? Bradbury is a given.

Post #: 4786
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 10:36:00 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Mattison isn't going to take reps from Cook, but he will take reps from the other backups.

Samia might start at some point during the season taking reps from Kline. Maybe.

Smith may take reps from Gedeon. Leber suggested that.

One of the receivers may take reps from Treadwell. I personally don't think so. i believe other young veterans will step up.

I don't see any of the other rookies getting significant playing time other than perhaps special teams. I don't believe Boyd is ready, yet. Neither is Epps or any of the others.

Post #: 4787
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 11:24:57 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

I have a suggestion for the people who think I'm some kind of negative presence on the board. Block me. I have blocked Odin, JT2 and Bill Johansen who I single out as one of the most evil, and mean spirited people I have ever met on the internet and as long as he is not quoted and he very seldom is I haven't had to put up with his vendetta against me. Also it isn't only me he is a complete jerk to. I love the Vikings and I enjoy discussing them with all of my fellow Vikings brethren. I'm opinionated, but I don't hold a grudge against anyone who disagrees with me. However, if it bothers anybody to discuss the Vikings with me just block me. It's all good.

Stop playing like you're being victimized here. Bill J. and I have disagreed before and isn't a diplomat by nature, but Bill contributes much more to the board than you do, and like JT2 and others, can see right through your BS. "Mean-spirited" would be what you wrote repeatedly about David F, who contributes prescient and insightful comments more often than most everyone.

You know exactly what you're doing with your trolling or (less likely) you're so socially tone-deaf/devoid of empathy that you don't care about the overall quality of talkvikes. If this is due to job loss, trauma, life change, addiction or physical/mental illness/developmental challenge, please get the help you need rather than seeking negative attention here.

I'm the one that initially called out the Hydra over 20 years ago. Your behavior is arguably worse for the board overall, because you are more skilled at trolling and irritating others while attempting to maintain a facade of magnanimity. You keep obsessively splitting hairs and repeating yourself incessantly (as Big O described so well). Blocking you does no good because you flood the forum with so many posts that your repetitive drivel is quoted constantly.

quote:

Spotting a skilled troll can be quite difficult; one formulation of Poe's Law is that "any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook."

I love this board and try to contribute when I can, but mostly visit in order to read the great opinions and most recent info, all in one place. I typically don't post unless I feel like I'm adding value or can't find an answer after a thorough search (unless it's on a Game Day thread, of course). That's why I post at about 4% of your output-probably more like 1% or less over the last few years.

If I were to receive this type of feedback from more than one person, I'd reduce my posts to three or less per day and not repeat myself, but you've never received feedback well or shown even a modicum of insight (if you are actually not trolling) . I'm posting this mostly in the hope that others simply reply: "Please don't feed the Last Word Troll", when you start your next flood of petty distinctions over trivial matters for attention.

Its sadly both.
Post #: 4788
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 12:28:02 PM   
Bruce Johnson

"Richie Incognito signed to a one-year deal with the Raiders.

Post #: 4789
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 12:30:56 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

"Richie Incognito signed to a one-year deal with the Raiders.

Ian R reported this on Twitter - the replies are hilarious
Post #: 4790
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 6:37:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

One of the new Vikings. I read somewhere that he has a shot to make the team. Maybe with the practice squad.

https://www.cbssports.com/general/video/b4968168-f515-4c90-9cd6-2d8b7f313bd1/

Post #: 4791
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 7:54:45 PM   
Bruce Johnson

An offensive lineman who was a first round pick now looking for a new team. Never heard of him, though.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/28/report-49ers-cut-ties-with-former-1st-round-pick-anthony-davis/

Post #: 4792
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 8:03:32 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Not much, but something.

https://www.vikings.com/video/highlights-from-vikings-ota-no-4

Post #: 4793
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 9:35:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Not much, but something.

I'm all about OTA video. Thanks.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4794
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/28/2019 11:23:05 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Not much, but something.

Treadwell dominant. Spanking all the newbies.
Post #: 4795
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/29/2019 12:16:46 AM   
Bruce Johnson

For me this was more interesting. Sorry for the long link. I tried it two different ways and it came out like this.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/5/28/18642915/minnesota-vikings-backing-up-dalvin-cook-running-back-by-committee-alexander-mattison-mike-boone

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 5/29/2019 12:19:44 AM >

Post #: 4796
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/29/2019 9:15:16 AM  2 votes
kgdabom

quote:

For me this was more interesting. Sorry for the long link. I tried it two different ways and it came out like this.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/5/28/18642915/minnesota-vikings-backing-up-dalvin-cook-running-back-by-committee-alexander-mattison-mike-boone

The only way I can see it being a committee is if Mattison is not looking good at all. I've seen enough of Boone and Abdullah to know I don't want to see them on the field much.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4797
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/29/2019 9:18:12 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Zimmer is being interviewed. He said that the "surprise of the camp" is Hercules Mata'afa. I guess he's up to 275 pounds and very active. He added that "we'll have to see what happens when they put on pads, of course."

Post #: 4798
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/29/2019 9:23:46 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Wobby comes on KFAN at 10:15 and promises to share his observations. Right now Spielmann is on.

Post #: 4799
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/29/2019 10:13:28 AM   
kwheats

quote:

Zimmer is being interviewed. He said that the "surprise of the camp" is Hercules Mata'afa. I guess he's up to 275 pounds and very active. He added that "we'll have to see what happens when they put on pads, of course."

More
Mike Zimmer said on KFAN’s #92Noon that #Vikings DT Hercules Mata’afa has “been the surprise of camp” so far.

Zimmer reported Mata’afa is now up to 275 pounds and at times has reminded him of 7-time Pro Bowler Geno Atkins, who he coached in Cincinnati.
Post #: 4800
Page:   <<   < prev  190 191 [192] 193 194   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  190 191 [192] 193 194   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode