Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  222 223 [224] 225 226   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/5/2019 5:17:29 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Interesting that I have been talking about Davion Davis today and then I just found this:

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/05/unknown-wr-minnesota-vikings-final-53/

Not too much to this, though.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 7/5/2019 5:37:15 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5576
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 4:20:19 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Interesting.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/07/minnesota-vikings-almost-hire-instead-zimmer/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5577
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 5:22:06 AM   
marty

Bruce, that indicates the Vikes tend to interview poor candidates.

Quinn might be the only one that might have been better than Zimmer, and Zimmer has not proven himself as a good playoff coach, at all.

Who do I think they should have considered ? Sean McVay, John Harbaugh, Sean Payton, or Frank Reich.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5578
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 9:42:12 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Quinn might be the only one that might have been better than Zimmer, and Zimmer has not proven himself as a good playoff coach, at all.

Who do I think they should have considered ? Sean McVay, John Harbaugh, Sean Payton, or Frank Reich.

Care to elaborate on the method YOU would have used to pursue John Harbaugh and/or Sean Payton?
Post #: 5579
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 10:53:06 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Care to elaborate on the method YOU would have used to pursue John Harbaugh and/or Sean Payton?

Exactly, Harbaugh is at Michigan, his alma mater, his dream job, why would he leave that to coach the Vikings. Payton is a GOD in New Orleans, the Saints aren't letting him go and he doesn't want to leave. Why would he?

Further Why do you think Payton is a great coach? Sure they won a Suberbowl there, but that was using the Bountygate system and he's had an all time HOFer at QB for more then a decade now. Give him our QB situation at the time we hired Zim Payton would have flopped IMHO.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5580
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 11:28:32 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Exactly, Harbaugh is at Michigan, his alma mater, his dream job, why would he leave that to coach the Vikings. Payton is a GOD in New Orleans, the Saints aren't letting him go and he doesn't want to leave. Why would he?

Further Why do you think Payton is a great coach? Sure they won a Suberbowl there, but that was using the Bountygate system and he's had an all time HOFer at QB for more then a decade now. Give him our QB situation at the time we hired Zim Payton would have flopped IMHO.

Wrong Harbaugh. Jim is coaching Michigan.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5581
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 11:57:02 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm happy with the choice we made. I love Zimmer. I haven't always said that about our previous coaches.

Post #: 5582
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 12:37:12 PM   
Pager

McVay heading into the 2014 was the TE coach. For the 2014 season, he was promoted to OC.

Reich was under Whisenhunt (OC coordinator in 2013 for the Chargers) - could not find his specific role. Whisenthunt was hired as Titans head coach for 2014. Reich was promoted to OC for the 2014 season. On January 4, 2016, he was fired from his position as offensive coordinator after the Chargers finished 31st in rushing and struggled on offense.

Marty would have pursued position coaches with zero coordinator experience .

John and Payton would never have happened.

Moving on.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 5583
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 12:48:14 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I'm happy with the choice we made. I love Zimmer. I haven't always said that about our previous coaches.

When the recent comps are Tice, Fraizier and Kick-Ass, it's hard not to love him.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5584
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 2:00:04 PM   
marty

Marty would have hired a head coach that can win a SB, I am not so sure about Zimmer. Maybe Zimmer was the correct hire, we'll find out in the next 2 years.

I just read an article that says the Rams aren't paying McVay like he should be paid, so the Vikes should jump in right now and make him a huge offer, he might take it.

In a similar vein, I thought it was cool that the Vikes tried to sign Drew Brees, even though he was likely to stay in New Orleans. You just never know, sometimes it doesn't hurt to shoot for the stars when trying to put a SB contender on the field.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5585
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 2:04:31 PM   
marty

https://fansided.com/2019/06/16/rams-taking-unnecessary-risk-sean-mcvay/amp/

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5586
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 2:06:53 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

My bad. John is still coaching in Baltimore. Why would he have left at the time we hired Zim?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5587
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 2:09:18 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Marty would have hired a head coach that can win a SB, I am not so sure about Zimmer. Maybe Zimmer was the correct hire, we'll find out in the next 2 years.

I just read an article that says the Rams aren't paying McVay like he should be paid, so the Vikes should jump in right now and make him a huge offer, he might take it.

In a similar vein, I thought it was cool that the Vikes tried to sign Drew Brees, even though he was likely to stay in New Orleans. You just never know, sometimes it doesn't hurt to shoot for the stars when trying to put a SB contender on the field.

We can't make McVay an offer. HE'S UNDER CONTRACT. That would be tampering.

And that would be even more stupid than thinking we could get McVay.

Post #: 5588
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 2:10:08 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My bad. John is still coaching in Baltimore. Why would he have left at the time we hired Zim?

He wouldn't have. This is Marty. I'm surprised he didn't have Belichick on his list.

Post #: 5589
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 2:41:30 PM   
Phil Riewer

I like the jobs that Reich and McVay have done but:

I would take Reich over McVay any day----he worked miracles with that squad when you look at the talent the LA GM acquired and has on that squad.

Zimmer has done a great job with this defense. The biggest problem has been the talent on offense, Oline, and O Cordinators during Zimmer's tenure. Talent and coaching on the Offense Side is finally were it needs to be to win it all.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5590
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 2:54:41 PM   
marty

< Message edited by marty -- 7/9/2019 6:27:51 AM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5591
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 3:32:19 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why would Baltimore have let him out of his contract?
Post #: 5592
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2019 7:21:31 PM   
Pager

Balt and John (same as NO and Sean) would have wanted to end their relationship - not the case. And it would have taken a trade, ie Bilichick (1st, 4th, and 5th), Gruden (2 - 1sts, 2 - 2nds), Edwards (4th).

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 5593
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2019 8:56:41 AM   
Bruce Johnson

20 days until the first padded practice.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/09/5-questions-minnesota-vikings-2019-training-camp/

Post #: 5594
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2019 9:12:34 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I don't believe that PFF is factoring in enough the scheme and coaching changes and Elflein entering the season with better health.

http://twitter.com/PFF_Vikings/status/1148591875424583680

Post #: 5595
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2019 9:15:18 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I don't see the Vikings biting with a selection in the supplementary draft.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2844792-nfl-supplemental-draft-2019-date-order-rules-eligible-prospects

Post #: 5596
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2019 9:49:21 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I don't believe that PFF is factoring in enough the scheme and coaching changes and Elflein entering the season with better health.

http://twitter.com/PFF_Vikings/status/1148591875424583680

I put very little stock in PFF O-line ratings.

Post #: 5597
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2019 2:45:45 PM  1 votes
marty

Yes, this is Marty saying we should have gotten John Harbaugh, Payton or Mcvay, and that I would go after McVay right now.

The same Marty that suggested we get Sheldon Richardson last year, and was told that was just a fantasy, that I should go play Madden.

Maybe the Rams would be happy to move on to another up and coming coach, and not have to pay McVay big bucks. And I am sure McVay would be happy to increase his wage 10 fold, work with Cousins again, and be a hero that brings Minnesota their 1st SB win.

Stop listening to people that tell you things can't be done, and encourage the Vikes to work towards success and greatness.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5598
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2019 3:48:01 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Yes, this is Marty saying we should have gotten John Harbaugh, Payton or Mcvay, and that I would go after McVay right now.

The same Marty that suggested we get Sheldon Richardson last year, and was told that was just a fantasy, that I should go play Madden.

Maybe the Rams would be happy to move on to another up and coming coach, and not have to pay McVay big bucks. And I am sure McVay would be happy to increase his wage 10 fold, work with Cousins again, and be a hero that brings Minnesota their 1st SB win.

Stop listening to people that tell you things can't be done, and encourage the Vikes to work towards success and greatness.

Would that be the same "players subconsciously allow themselves to be injured" Marty?
Post #: 5599
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2019 4:24:56 PM   
marty

Yes, the bigo, I believe that some players do that, for various reasons.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5600
Page:   <<   < prev  222 223 [224] 225 226   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  222 223 [224] 225 226   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode